Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

On Team Rocket taking over

Now that the event is over with I'd like Feedback on what you guys thought. This is the first time I've done an Event all on my own. I'm usually the type to help out rather than host. I was hoping things would be simple but still give a little bit of a challenge. I wanted people to not have to take a lot of time ut still be fun.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Senior Moderator

Make some proper resistance challenges for those that would prefer not to help the evil team. While working off of the Rocket challenges was fun, it would've been better if the resistance had their own challenges running concurrently

That, and finding Magearna was a bit TOO hard!
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I'm still salty about nearly finding magearna.

Overall I think this was a great first event to run all by yourself! Due to the fact that PXR tends to have resistances pop up, maybe in the future you could collaborate with another staff member like Neo and have two opposing sides with different challenges, kind of like what Emerald said. The challenges overall weren't that difficult, other than finding Magearna but given that it was in a section of the forum that is likely to be one of the first sections someone checks, I feel like that can be given a pass. Maybe just don't stick it so far in the backlog or something. For like the Valentine's events for example they weren't any further than two or three pages in a forum but could be further inside a thread if I remember correctly.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    Make some proper resistance challenges for those that would prefer not to help the evil team. While working off of the Rocket challenges was fun, it would've been better if the resistance had their own challenges running concurrently

That, and finding Magearna was a bit TOO hard!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post

Overall I think this was a great first event to run all by yourself! Due to the fact that PXR tends to have resistances pop up, maybe in the future you could collaborate with another staff member like Neo and have two opposing sides with different challenges, kind of like what Emerald said. The challenges overall weren't that difficult, other than finding Magearna but given that it was in a section of the forum that is likely to be one of the first sections someone checks, I feel like that can be given a pass. Maybe just don't stick it so far in the backlog or something. For like the Valentine's events for example they weren't any further than two or three pages in a forum but could be further inside a thread if I remember correctly.
    When I was planning the whole event I had no idea that someone would come up with a Resistance. Which is why it was never planned for. I also toyed with the idea of how to present it. We all know how much I like Team Rocket so it would look weird if I was trying to foil their plan so I went with being the boss man instead.

I never realized how hard even a simple event could be to plan...lol.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    When I was planning the whole event I had no idea that someone would come up with a Resistance. Which is why it was never planned for. I also toyed with the idea of how to present it. We all know how much I like Team Rocket so it would look weird if I was trying to foil their plan so I went with being the boss man instead.

I never realized how hard even a simple event could be to plan...lol.
    Yeah, I figured that was the case that's why I suggested collaborating with someone on it because it would make that job a bit easier.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post

I kind of participated a little. I was the one behind Jessie and Meowth. That's right! XD

I might have done more for this with advance notice, but my hands were kind of full already with developing stuff for Stalkers and so on. I think there's room for this to grow, though. Add a team vs team element is a good one, maybe have a thing where each of Team Rocket's Pokemon is represented by a challenge and if you complete that challenge, that Pokemon is KOed or something like that.

There's a lot that could be added to it for next time.

7. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

I'd be more than willing to help plan a proper resistance route should Team Rocket return next year ;-)
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Moderator

Again, I was really going on the fly as well but, hopefully next time the resistance will be ready when (and if) Team Rocket returns.

Resistance challenges could sabotage the Rockets, and Rockets could potentially sabotage the resistance, as well.

If we really wanted to have some fun with this, we could also possibly get the heroes of Pokemon involved. (eg. Ash, Misty, Brock, etc.) The heroes would be the allies for the resistance.

Team Rocket always comes back......no matter how many times they "blast off again."

Senior Moderator

That's how we've gotten to nearly 1000 episodes, and counting.