Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I'm guessing you're new to comics. :] Imma give you some tips.

1. You've linked us to the tinypic website instead of the actual individual comics' URLs. It's unnecessary to link us there because it loads up the rest of the site and takes forever to show the image, PLUS you have to right-click and go "view image" to actually see the whole comic in full view. Instead, go to the left of the page where you see "direct link" and link us to THAT URL. So, link us to this, not this. Make sense?
    2. Instead of just having links in the first post, every time you post a new comic page, try posting the image for us to see using image tags inside spoiler tags. You could post them without spoiler tags, but if the image dimensions are big, then it'll likely take up a lot of the screen. For example:
    Spoiler:

3. Your pokemon battles are a little bland, and you don't have anything like animation sprites (I don't mean ones that move) such as in the games. As in, no leaves or vines, or tackle icons or anything. You could put these in to spice up your battles a little.
    4. In one of the first comics, the two boys race each other to the next town over, and yet they don't know what the name of the town is. One of them thinks he "might" have heard about it on TV once... How can they not know about the next town over? xD Have they never gone for a drive with their family? Have they never left their towns in their lives? It seems unlikely and a little absurd. The point of me telling you this is to keep you aware that even with comics, you have to go deeper than the games or the anime. It needs to be engaging for people to continue to read, and you have to think about things on a deeper level.

As for the comic itself, good luck with it. :] I hope my tips help you!

~SF.
    1. I've been using the direct link the whole time! Well, I right clicked the image and clicked "copy image location" and it seems to work.

2. Oh thanks! Never knew how to do that haha

3. Will keep that in mind for future reference.

4. They have been out of the towns when they were younger. When they became older, they mainly stayed in their town playing by the river with pokemon. (Thinking of doing flashback comics later in the story etc etc., basically fillers).

1. OH MY GOSH TINYPIC YOU MONGREL. O:< Yeah, stupid sites and their wrongly labelled links! Well good that that works. XD I usually end up doing that. (That and I use imageshack.)

2. No worries! If you need the coding for it, quote me and you'll see how I did it. x)

3. Okay, sure. ^^ I know you can find little sprites and stuff for battling in places on the internet, probably like the Spriter's Resource.

4. I see what you mean, but you'd think they'd get bored of that after about a week. xD

I haven't read all of it yet, but when I do, I'll comment on the comic as a whole. x)

~SF.

1. OH MY GOSH TINYPIC YOU MONGREL. O:< Yeah, stupid sites and their wrongly labelled links! Well good that that works. XD I usually end up doing that. (That and I use imageshack.)

2. No worries! If you need the coding for it, quote me and you'll see how I did it. x)

3. Okay, sure. ^^ I know you can find little sprites and stuff for battling in places on the internet, probably like the Spriter's Resource.

4. I see what you mean, but you'd think they'd get bored of that after about a week. xD

I haven't read all of it yet, but when I do, I'll comment on the comic as a whole. x)

~SF.
    Thanks! :D

I'll probably make shitty tags (because I'm so bad :<) to link to my comics in my sig. (If i can figure out how? xD)

Soon to come(once i get more done to it) comics

Zelda: The Birth of the Shadow Link
    Yu-Gi-Oh!: A New Era

Comics that I've thought about doing but might not get around to.
    Magic the Gathering (MTG): Rise of the Heroes! (Title may change)
    Naruto: The Legendary Nine (Title may change)

Chapter 17 is now out! Who could Fisto's father be?

Spoiler:

EDIT: Tinypic is being weird with the links so try to bear with it! (Any suggestions on a new image uploader?)

EDIT 2: The comics turn out to be a bit small in the spoiler tags. x_x

Umm...Idk what to say about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Fistodragon View Post
    Thanks! :D

I'll probably make shitty tags (because I'm so bad :<) to link to my comics in my sig. (If i can figure out how? xD)
    No worries! 8D

Bahaha, you're not bad! Do you mean little userbars to advertise? You can make them by using Paint or something, and probably find some templates somewhere. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Fistodragon View Post
    EDIT: Tinypic is being weird with the links so try to bear with it! (Any suggestions on a new image uploader?)

EDIT 2: The comics turn out to be a bit small in the spoiler tags. x_x

Umm...Idk what to say about that?
    Haha, actually, the reason I started using imageshack is because I used to use photoshop, but it squashed my comic sizes. =/ I would recommend imageshack. x) Sometimes there's also a "reduce image size" tickbox that you have to make sure is unticked, otherwise it resizes your images.

~SF.

No worries! 8D

Bahaha, you're not bad! Do you mean little userbars to advertise? You can make them by using Paint or something, and probably find some templates somewhere. xD

Haha, actually, the reason I started using imageshack is because I used to use photoshop, but it squashed my comic sizes. =/ I would recommend imageshack. x) Sometimes there's also a "reduce image size" tickbox that you have to make sure is unticked, otherwise it resizes your images.

~SF.
    Thanks for the tip ;p

No worries. ;D I hope Imageshack works out better for you. x)

~SF.

Spoiler:

Chapter 18

You still need to edit your links properly so that they link to the actual picture, not the other link. x3

I've caught up, and I'm confused why Fisto's bublasaur was suddenly able to use solarbeam. Yes, you got rid of levels, but it's still a bulbasaur that has been with its trainer for like...half an hour. How could it already know solarbeam? As well as that, that was a really casual encounter between his dad and him. It was also random how Fisto was randomly unconscious after he just jumped out of the way of a hyper beam. He said his father's name, then was suddenly unconscious. xD Then he was knocked out at the Pokemon Center too, where his dad seemed to have dragged him? xD And Shaymin too?

There was no explanation why Shaymin was there, and if Serenity wanted it, why did she just leave it there when she vanished with that giratina? It's also odd that a random shaymin would suddenly agree to following a random kid it had never met before now. I'm tipping shaymin have important jobs, and for one to just agree to join this kid is unlikely and probably very irresponsible of it. XD As well as that, you never see Shaymin's opinion on anything...the father just sorta dictates what will happen and how the shaymin feels without consulting it first. Additionally, the father leaves with absolutely no concern for his son's safety, especially after his son encountered Team Metal, who he is apparently familiar with. I think, if I was that father, I would stick by my son's side and be really concerned about what might happen to him, especially after he was attacked.

I also don't know how the gym leader suddenly assumed he was a hero of legend. Wouldn't it take more than a single battle for him to be able to determine that? I mean, if anything, he should be impressed with the bulbasaur's exceptional power and ability to use higher-ranking moves at such a young age/low level. Not the trainer. XD He shouldn't get credit for an abnormally strong bulbasaur.

I'm not trying to bash the comic or anything, but it seems really rushed, and like everything is taking a but of an unrealistic turn. I mean, Fisto's just started his journey, and he's already got an overpowered starter, a LEGENDARY, and now a larvitar (who are well known to evolve into a very powerful pokemon), all for free. I also think you should take into account pokemon's genders. They all have genders so it would be suitable to include them in the narrative. I just wanted to point out some of the things I found odd and sudden, all of which you could work on to improve your comic. :]

Well done so far, although it would be nice to see these elements worked on.

~SF.

You still need to edit your links properly so that they link to the actual picture, not the other link. x3

I've caught up, and I'm confused why Fisto's bublasaur was suddenly able to use solarbeam. Yes, you got rid of levels, but it's still a bulbasaur that has been with its trainer for like...half an hour. How could it already know solarbeam? As well as that, that was a really casual encounter between his dad and him. It was also random how Fisto was randomly unconscious after he just jumped out of the way of a hyper beam. He said his father's name, then was suddenly unconscious. xD Then he was knocked out at the Pokemon Center too, where his dad seemed to have dragged him? xD And Shaymin too?

There was no explanation why Shaymin was there, and if Serenity wanted it, why did she just leave it there when she vanished with that giratina? It's also odd that a random shaymin would suddenly agree to following a random kid it had never met before now. I'm tipping shaymin have important jobs, and for one to just agree to join this kid is unlikely and probably very irresponsible of it. XD As well as that, you never see Shaymin's opinion on anything...the father just sorta dictates what will happen and how the shaymin feels without consulting it first. Additionally, the father leaves with absolutely no concern for his son's safety, especially after his son encountered Team Metal, who he is apparently familiar with. I think, if I was that father, I would stick by my son's side and be really concerned about what might happen to him, especially after he was attacked.

I also don't know how the gym leader suddenly assumed he was a hero of legend. Wouldn't it take more than a single battle for him to be able to determine that? I mean, if anything, he should be impressed with the bulbasaur's exceptional power and ability to use higher-ranking moves at such a young age/low level. Not the trainer. XD He shouldn't get credit for an abnormally strong bulbasaur.

I'm not trying to bash the comic or anything, but it seems really rushed, and like everything is taking a but of an unrealistic turn. I mean, Fisto's just started his journey, and he's already got an overpowered starter, a LEGENDARY, and now a larvitar (who are well known to evolve into a very powerful pokemon), all for free. I also think you should take into account pokemon's genders. They all have genders so it would be suitable to include them in the narrative. I just wanted to point out some of the things I found odd and sudden, all of which you could work on to improve your comic. :]

~SF.

I'm trying D: It's being very stubborn :<

I've caught up, and I'm confused why Fisto's bublasaur was suddenly able to use solarbeam.

It has to do with the ability of being the "trainer of legend". You see, the "trainer of legend" bonds with his Pokemon instantly as it's in his "blood". Bulbasaur being able to learn Solarbeam earlier was a "my bad" on my part (I was going to put Razor Leaf but I was tired and etc). I guess being able to learn Solarbeam earlier was a lucky break? (Ex. Red first met Bulbasaur and it was able to use Solarbeam to knock out a Machamp or Machoke. Pokemon RED comic or something like that).

As well as that, that was a really casual encounter between his dad and him.

Yes, I know. I didn't plan it to be this way but it just happened. Meh

It was also random how Fisto was randomly unconscious after he just jumped out of the way of a hyper beam. He said his father's name, then was suddenly unconscious. xD Then he was knocked out at the Pokemon Center too, where his dad seemed to have dragged him? xD And Shaymin too?

He wasn't "unconscious", he was just badly injured because the hyper beam slightly hit him.(Yes, it didn't look like it but that's what was suppose to happen). I cut the scene out of where his dad puts him and Shaymin on Druddigon and flies to the pokemon center.

There was no explanation why Shaymin was there, and if Serenity wanted it, why did she just leave it there when she vanished with that giratina? It's also odd that a random shaymin would suddenly agree to following a random kid it had never met before now.

There is an explanation that why shaymin was there that I will go into detail later in the series. Serenity left it there and vanished because even though she wanted shaymin's powers, she ran into Fisto's father which she still sorta has feelings for. (will go into another comic about their life story later). It agreed to follow the kid temporarily because, as you saw, Fisto and his father did save HER life.

the father just sorta dictates what will happen and how the shaymin feels without consulting it first. Additionally, the father leaves with absolutely no concern for his son's safety, especially after his son encountered Team Metal, who he is apparently familiar with. I think, if I was that father, I would stick by my son's side and be really concerned about what might happen to him, especially after he was attacked.

The father has the ability to speak to pokemon telepathically. (I will also go into detail with this later). He only left because he had to, not because he wanted to. You see, the father is a retired cop and a current gym leader. He is familiar with Team Metal because he use to have to spy on their actions up until he found out that Serenity is the leader.

The 1st gym leader is actually one of the 5 who wrote the "prophecy". He felt the passion described in the prophecy and the connection between his pokemon making him believe that he could be the child of prophecy. (or the hero of legend). Yes, i do admit the bulbasaur should of got some credibility for his strength.

I'm not trying to bash the comic or anything, but it seems really rushed, and like everything is taking a but of an unrealistic turn.

It's a bit rushed but there will be fillers later on which slows the comic down a bit. Fillers won't come until his father and several other people tell him what's going on.

Fisto's just started his journey, and he's already got an overpowered starter, a LEGENDARY, and now a larvitar (who are well known to evolve into a very powerful pokemon), all for free.

Technically, Shaymin isn't his. Even though his father can speak to pokemon and assume their feelings, Shaymin does have a duty and cannot join him on his journey. Yes but Larvitar won't be a Tyranitar until near the end of his badge collecting.

I also think you should take into account pokemon's genders. They all have genders so it would be suitable to include them in the narrative. I just wanted to point out some of the things I found odd and sudden, all of which you could work on to improve your comic. :]

I am. And no, not all pokemon have genders. Thanks and I will work on these elements more, thanks!(: