Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LOL YAY THANKS! XD Hooray! I wanted to try out a new style and it seemed to have worked somewhat, so yay. xD

~SF.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I just wrote a story for this. I made it kind of quickly, but I hope you like it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    HOW I GOT MY BULB
    By Bulbasaur

It was a very long time ago in the beautiful region of Kanto when my oldest ancestor lived. He was a Bulbasaur, the only one around. His body was a shade of emerald green, with many darker patches, and his eyes were dark red. He had four short and stout legs, with three sharp claws on the end of each. He had all the features of a modern day Bulbasaur, except for one major thing; he had no bulb on his back.

This Bulbasaur, who we now refer to as Green, lived a peaceful life in the Viridian Forest. The Viridian Forest was very beautiful and full of life. The forest was covered with healthy green trees and small bushes, which gave shelter to the Pokemon that made the forest their home.

Many of these Pokemon that lived in the Viridian Forest were bug Pokemon. Because the majority of these bug Pokemon were weak, Green would help them out with their tasks, such as gathering food. Green was very well known in the forest as a leader.

This tale started one day, when Green was helping a Weedle move a log that was blocking a bush with many berries. No matter how hard the poisonous caterpie Pokemon pushed on the log, it did not budge. Green saw the Weedle struggling, and came to help out. He walked up to the log and started pushing. No luck. So he backed up a bit, and ran full speed into the log. BAM! The impact was enough to push the log aside. The Weedle looked up at Green as if to say thank you, and crawled into the bush.

Green smiled, pleased with his work. He watched as the Weedle munched on the berries in the bush. Helping out other Pokemon in need always made Green happy.

Suddenly, Green heard a cry that he recognized as a Butterfree’s. His head turned rapidly towards the noise. Another cry. Green started running towards it, by instinct. Then, he heard a crash. It sounded like a tree falling. Now, Green could see a butterfly shape in the distance, being chased by a big flying Pokemon. The Butterfree appeared to have a burn on its wing. It was flying as fast as it could, but no matter how fast it flew, the other Pokemon was getting closer. Suddenly, Green realized what that big Pokemon was. He stopped quickly. It was a Charizard.

The Charizard was a massive beast, compared to all the bug Pokemon, at least. His body was fire red, with midnight blue wings and a cream colored belly. He had two skinny horns on his long head. His neck was long and skinny, and he had two short arms with a three-clawed hand on each. His wings were dragon-like and big. And he had a long tail, with a hot fire burning on the end.

What could he do? None of the Pokemon in the forest, not even him, could face the Charizard. Panicking, he dove into a bush and watched. The Butterfree was getting weaker and weaker from the burn, and eventually, it could fly no longer. It fell to the ground, and laid there. The Charizard had got the best of it.

The Charizard landed right next to it. It bent over and sniffed the Butterfree. It was definitely not alive; the burn had done enough damage. The Charizard stood up, satisfied. From the way the Charizard acted, the Butterfree must have done something to annoy him. The Charizard, having done his business, started to fly away. But then, disaster struck.

As the Charizard started to fly, its flaming tail brushed against a tree. This set the tree on fire. However, the Charizard did not notice this, and continued to fly away, until Green could no longer see it. Green shifted his eyes to the burning tree. The fire spread to another tree, and that one started blazing as well. Then yet another tree caught on fire. It was a big domino effect; tree after tree caught on fire. Green did not need another warning. He let out a loud cry, telling the forest Pokemon to run. Then he started to run as fast as his small legs could move.

When Green had escaped the forest, he found many bug Pokemon waiting for him. The bug Pokemon that could fly had carried the flightless ones with them. They watched in horror as the Viridian Forest burned. Their home was gone. They would have to find a new home. Green watched as the bug Pokemon started crawling around, looking for a new home already. Green wanted to cry. If only he had done something to stop the fire. But what could he have done? He could not produce water. Only water Pokemon could do that.

When he had finished thinking about this, all the bug Pokemon had gone. They had left to find a new home. Green knew that he should do the same. He turned his head in every direction, looking for a good place to search.

When he looked to his left, he was startled to see a Pokemon floating next to him. He jumped. It was a pink Pokemon with a long and skinny tail. Green was sure that this Pokemon was not there before.

The Pokemon looked at Green. Then it started to say something. “Do you want your forest back?” it said in a high pitched voice. Green was surprised to see that it could speak. However, he could not speak, so he simply nodded his head.

The Pokemon smiled. “I can help you out with that. However, it will be difficult. Do you still want to have your forest back?” it spoke. Green thought about it. He really did want to help out the bug Pokemon and himself get the forest back. He nodded again.

The Pokemon said, “Okay. I will plant a special seed on your back. This seed will open up almost instantly, and grow into a bulb. This bulb will be able to produce many things, such as vines, but most importantly, seeds. Use your bulb to spit out seeds into the ground. These seeds will grow into magnificent trees. However, as you probably have figured out, this will take a while. So I’ll ask you one more time; do you really want to do this?” Green registered all this in his brain. The Pokemon was probably right about it taking a while. But, what else could he do? What if he turned down the offer, and couldn’t find a home? It would be the end of him.

Green looked at the Pokemon straight in the eyes. He nodded again, not breaking eye contact. The Pokemon smiled, and floated over to Green’s back. It tapped Green’s back with its tail, and a seed appeared. Green and the pink Pokemon waited, and the seed opened up. In almost three seconds, a bulb came out, as if it had been squeezed inside the seed. Green looked at his back, and the sight surprised him. Green looked back at the bright pink Pokemon, as if to say thank you. The Pokemon winked at him, and floated away.

Green watched it float away. What an eventful day! In the past two hours, the Viridian Forest had burned down, and he had been given a new power. Green looked at where the forest had been. The burning had stopped, and the ground was all burnt. He walked over to the area to take on the task of rebuilding the wonderful Viridian Forest.
    Last edited by Bulbasaur; 06-15-2014 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Edited the story a bit

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

OH MY GOSH I'M SO EXCITED YOU WROTE A STORY FOR THE CANALAVE LIBRARY AND THEN POSTED IT HOAUWFJXOPWNHTPMWX can you tell?

Because I'm not a mod, I can't edit your post myself. xD So you'll have to do it for me. BUT. The story was wonderful. I loved the idea behind it and the reason for the bulb is really awesome. :D I love it! Your grammar was impeccable; I wouldn't have expected that from someone your age to be honest. XD Nobody I knew understood grammar as well as you do at your age (not even me xD). So a big well done on that front too.

Here are some things I picked up:

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    1.) He walked up to the log and started pushed.

2.) He stopped as fast as he could.

3.) It was a big domino effect; tree after tree caught on fire.

4.) It tapped Green’s back with his tail, and a seed appeared.
    1. Obviously just a typo. xD Should be "started to push" or "started pushing."

2. It sounds a little odd that someone would stop as fast as they could. Perhaps "quickly" or "he stopped immediately" would sound better?

3. Not a typo, but I'm not sure from which age (as in, which era/time) the bulbasaur is telling the tale, but it sounds a little odd that a bulbasaur would know what a domino was. xD You could say something like "It was a ruthless cycle" or somthing perhaps?

4. You went ahead and started calling the mew an "it" and then you decided he was a male. xD Unless you meant that Mew tapped Green's back with Green's tail. XDD Assuming the first, for consistency's sake, choose one or the other. x)

As well as that, there's one other issue I want to point out. I don't know what the point is of having this told from a future bulbasaur's point of view. It's absolutely fine without the introduction from the bulbasaur's point of view. Also, the first-person perspective isn't what I was really going for, since it's meant to be a retold tale...that could be from a pokémon's point of view, but these were books discovered and submitted to the library, and I doubt you'd find a book written by a pokémon. XD I really think it shouldn't be from the bulbasaur's point of view. If it was a story not for the purpose of this library, it would be fine, but given the style, it doesn't exactly fit.

If you do want it to stay, however, I would recommend writing a conclusion. If it's told from a character's point of view, introducing it like that and then ending it without another word from our narrator is inconsistent and sort of abrupt. x)

That aside, you did a wonderful job so well done! :D I'll be happy to add this to the archive.

~SF.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Thanks for the compliments/constructive criticism! I made it told from a narrator, because I was going to make a thread full of short stories told by that narrator! But thanks again, I'll edit it later.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

No worries! ^.^ 'Tis my job. Oh lol, I see. xD Good luck with the other thread! 8D

~SF.

Why Sneasel are so deceptive.

(For the sake of the story, the Pokemon are going to speak in English)

Long ago, humans and Pokemon didn't live together. The humans established cities, towns and villages while the Pokemon lived in the wild. This story explains how the first Sneasel was trusted and betrayed by humans.

It was a chilly autumn day in the Region of Johto. The Sneasel in this story, who we'll call "S" for the sake of the story, lived in a group of about ten Sneasels. S was out hunting for food he could bring back to the group. He was warned not to go to far by the other Sneasel, but S just couldn't find any food. He searched the forest, the plains, the lakeside, the mountains, everywhere near where his pack set up shop.

Walking along a route now commonly referred to as Route 44, S spotted something in the distance. It was moving, but S knew it wasn't any ordinary Pokemon. In fact, he thought it might not have been a Pokemon at all. S hid behind the nearest tree and watched the "thing". After a while the "thing" spotted it too, and it came closer. As it approached, S began to step back, gaining speed with each step. The "thing" cried out, "No! Don't go! I want to help you".

The "thing" led S into a village now known as Mahogany town. "Hi! I'm Jason! What's your name!" the thing said. "Sne - sneasel - sne" [I'm Sneasel]was all S could manage. "You must be a sneasel! Welcome to the village of Mahogany!" said Jason, "Do you wan't some food?". S suddenly perked up. "Sneasel - Sne!" [Yes, yes please!]. Jason let S to his house. The house was a one story house with a main area containing a kitchen, a bedroom shared between Jason and his mother, and a bathroom. Jason went to the kitchen and pulled out a raw fish. "Do you like fish?" Jason asked. "Sne - Sneasel!" [Yes, very much].

Late that night, later than S would have normally returned to his pack, S arrived at the cave where his pack slept. [S: Look everyone! I brought food!] [Head Sneasel: Where were you all this time! We already sent a rescue party out looking for you!] [S: I-I just went to get food, like you asked! A kind boy named Jason gave this to me!] [Random Sneasel: A-A Boy] [Head Sneasel: A Boy! You mean a human?! You accepted food from a human?!?! You just broke the #1 law - "no interaction with humans". Do you know what this means? You'll have to leave the pack] [Multiple Random Sneasels: *gasp*] [S: I-I *sighs* I guess I'll be going then].

S trudged along the path toward the village of Mahogany. To make matters worse for the little Sneasel, it started to rain. The rain quickly turned into a storm as S struggled to find shelter. S ended up hiding under a tree. S noticed the tree had nest in it. Nimbly climbing the tree, S snatched the eggs in the nest, as the nest was unattended. S ate the eggs raw, but only because he was desperate for food, as he left his fish back at the cave. Suddenly, Sneasel heard a voice. "Hey, Sneasel, is that you?". Sneasel immediatly knew the voice was Jason's, and he ran to him. "What are you doing out here in the rain?" Jason asked. "Sneasel - sel" [I was kicked out of my pack.] "Lets get you inside and out of the rain," said Jason.

The next few days, S and Jason became best friends. They worked togehter, played together and ate together. No one in the village minded that Jason was hanging with a Pokemon. However, on one tragic day for S, Jason had to move. "Sneasel, I have something important to tell you," said Jason one sunny morning. "Sneasel?" [What is it?] "My mother and I are moving. We're moving to a bigger city. Blackthorn city, to be exact," said Jason, not sugarcoating it at all. "Sne! Sneasel - Sne - Sneasel!" [Fine. You're not the only person who's betrayed me. Go. Go to your bigger city.] "Sneasel no! Don't be mad! Trust me, it's for the better," said Jason. S didn't respond. Instead, a blue beam began to form in his mouth. S fired the beam toward Jason. The beam froze Jason solid. The other villagers gasped and rushed to try and help him. S didn't wait to see what damage he'd caused, and fled back to Route 44.

S was furious with his life. Why did he have to cause so much trouble with everything he'd done in the past week? While trudging, S saw another tree with a nest in it, except this one had a Pidgey guarding it. He'd have to think of a strategy to get those eggs, as the Pidgey would do anything to guard their nest. S sneaked silently around the tree, and climbed out as silently as he could up the back of the tree, where the Pidgey couldn't see him. Using Ice Beam once more, S froze the Pidgey solid, and snathed the eggs from the nest.

As the days went on, S saw more opportunities to steal food. He saw a fisherman fishing by the lakeside. He has already caught three fish and was still going strong. Sneaking up behind the fisher as silently as possible, Sneasel snathed all three fish with ease, and the fisherman didn't even notice. S knew he was a good thief, but this was his first time stealing food from a human.

S continued stealing and stealing to the point where he was just stockpiling food. If S could just make amends with his pack, he could teach them how to be a good thief, and they could steal bigger things that require more than one Sneasel. S brought his pile of food to the cave of his pack. [Head Sneasel: Look who it is, the reject. What do you want from us?] [S: I've come to make a proposal, and I brought food] [Head Sneasel: A proposal? I'm listening, but this better be good] [S: You see, since I've needed to fend for myself, I've learned to steal food from humans] [Head Sneasel: So your stealing food from humans? I like it. But what do you want from us?] [S: If we steal in groups, the result could be better. I managed to get all this food on my own, just imagine what multiple Sneasel could pull off] [Head Sneasel: I'd agree to that, but you have to teach us how to steal].

And that's how it began. S was admitted back into the pack, and he thought said pack how to steal with ease. The other Sneasel's caught on quickly. This ability to steal was passed on from generation to generation, and even Sneasel's now steal on a regular basis. Modern day Pokedex entries depict this well:

'Vicious in nature, it drives PIDGEY from their nests and feasts on the eggs that are left behind.'

'A SNEASEL scales trees by punching its hooked claws into the bark. It seeks out unguarded nests and steals eggs for food while the parents are away.'

'This cunning POKéMON hides under the cover of darkness, waiting to attack its prey.'
    Lurking in the Shadows...

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Thought I should port this over while PE2K is up. xD

How Magikarp and Feebas Came to Be

A long time ago, before the regions of Kanto and Hoenn had split from each other by great tremors in the earth, there lived two strong and majestic Water-type Pokemon.

The first was known as Gyarados, and he was a fearsome cerulean serpent with a cream underbelly and patterns on his scales. Large, pointed white fins protruded all down his back and a crown-like blue structure framed his narrow eyes. Huge, powerful teeth stuck out from his oversized mouth and he was the ruler of the waters under the Pokemon sovereign, Kyogre.

The other serpent was Milotic. She was a water maiden with beautiful cream scales that glistened marvelously in the sun and a short horn upon her skull. Two large, pink ribbons protruded from her head and her tail was patterned with majestic blue scales which ended in four points. Her pure beauty was matched only by great Gyarados' fierceness.

The two water beasts lived in harmony, until one day, Milotic decided that Gyarados should no longer control the seas.

"I am a more beautiful Pokemon than you," she argued forcefully as the two Pokemon met, "why do you deserve to command the waters?"

"Because I am fiercer and stronger than you," Gyarados replied angrily. "Therefore the seas belong to me. Only I can instill fear in the hearts of those who oppose the great water sovereign’s power."

Milotic did not agree with Gyarados' opinion, and being the more cunning of the two, she challenged him to a duel to decide the rightful commander of the ocean.

"We will both compete in a task to decide the most worthy ruler," she challenged, flicking her beautiful ribbons, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

Gyarados was an extremely competitive Pokemon, and of course he could not refuse this opportunity to prove his strength. “I accept,” he snarled regally, flexing his great muscles in a show of power.

"Good," Milotic said, pleased. "We will both do the toughest test; we will both stick our tails in fire on the shore and whoever leaves their tail in for the longest is the tougher and stronger Pokemon who should rightfully rule over the ocean."

Gyarados roared approvingly, knowing that there was no way he could lose to Milotic in a test of endurance. With a nod from the water maiden, both Pokemon parted, agreeing to meet at sunrise the next day to decide who was strongest and therefore more worthy.

--------

As promised, Milotic arrived in the shallow waters near the shoreline the following morning. Two small fires were already crackling brightly when Gyarados arrived, their flames licking hungrily at the air.

A large group of all kinds of different Pokemon had gathered from both the land and the ocean to watch the challenge take place. They stood surrounding the two competitors, as Gyarados roared confidently, while Milotic just smiled, her striking scales glimmering in the rising sun.

Both Pokemon manoeuvred themselves so that they were lying with their heads facing out toward the ocean and their tails next to the hot fires on the cool yellow sand.

With a nod from each of them, both Gyarados and Milotic lifted their tails and placed them in the flames. A gasp travelled through the assembly of Pokemon as the challenge began.

"I won't lose," Gyarados thought determinedly as the flames began to prickle at his thick scales. "Milotic may be beautiful, but I am stronger." He looked over at his opponent, expecting her to be sweating already as the flames licked at her tail, but to his surprise, she seemed to be smiling.

After nearly a minute had passed, Gyarados could feel the full power of the flames as they tore at his once-aqua flesh. The burning sensation was so powerful that he felt his eyes begin to water. "How can she still be standing?" he though desperately, positive that he should have won by now. He stole another glance at the charming serpent, but she was just staring out into the water, seemingly not feeling the horrible pain that must be shooting up her spine by now, as it was his.

Soon the terrifying dragon could take the pain no more. In a single movement he lashed his tail upwards and out of the burning sticks and brought it down to splash soothingly in the cool water around him. A cheer erupted from the crowd as Milotic raised her tail from the flames. Unlike his charred fins, her tail was as beautiful and radiant as ever.

"Looks like I win. The seas now belong to me." Milotic beamed smugly as she slithered back into the water.

Gyarados shook his great head angrily, and let out a shuddering roar, causing the gathered Pokemon to back away. "You cheated! How is your tail not black? You must have taken it out when I wasn't looking!"

Milotic just smiled her dazzling smile, before turning to a floating Pokemon behind her. "You... Goldeen... did my tail even once leave the flames during this test?" she chortled.

"No, Milotic," the orange and white, horned goldfish stuttered nervously, backing away from Gyarados as she answered.

"This cannot be!" Gyarados raged. "Then your fire must be colder than my own!" And with a defiant scowl on his face, he plunged his already blackened tail into Milotic's fire, only to whip it out almost straight away as the intense heat burned at his scorched scales.

"Nonsense!" Milotic smiled, "Stop being a sore loser. You've lost and that's that."

Gyarados frowned angrily, but knew there was no point arguing. "Fine then, I suppose you are stronger after all," he said nobly before turning blackened tail and diving beneath the cool water to seek solace for his damaged pride.

He swam further and deeper than he'd ever swum before, determined to escape all of the Pokemon who he had lost in front of, especially Milotic. It was embarrassing enough that he had failed to retain his title, but he had also accused his opponent of cheating, which had only caused himself further humiliation.

As the mythical dragon reached the depths of the ocean, he curled up into a tight ball and waved his burnt tail gently in the chilly water to alleviate the pain that was currently soaring through it.

"What is wrong, Gyarados?" A booming voice echoed around the empty landscape.

The great serpent turned his heavy head to see the great water ruler, Kyogre, lurking in the shadows behind him. The Pokemon’s immense wing-like fins were flapping calmly, casting small shockwaves through the water. Its great eye peered at Gyarados knowingly.

“Master, I have failed you,” Gyarados bowed sadly. “I lost to Milotic in a test of endurance,” he explained slowly as he began to retell the events of that morning.

"Gyarados, of course you lost.” Kyogre boomed powerfully. “Did you not know that Milotic has a special ability that raises her defensive power when she is burned or hurt in some way?"

When Gyarados learned how Milotic had tricked him, he grew extremely angry. He flicked his tail quickly, but the pain no longer hurt him, it just made him more outraged at what Milotic had done. He began to propel himself upwards, spinning madly as he jetted, creating an underwater tornado that shot up before him.

“Remember Gyarados, that the actions you take today will affect this planet for the rest of time…” Kyogre called in his mournful singsong voice, but the warning was drowned out by Gyarados’ thrashing.

“GYAAAAA!” the dragon roared in rage as his head broke the surface of the ocean. The piercing shriek echoed all around, and it wasn’t long until the fearsome serpent had spotted his target. He dove underwater once more to conceal himself, and then when he was close enough, he bit down hard on the unsuspecting Milotic’s tail.

The water maiden shrieked in pain as Gyarados’ sharp fangs pierced her scales. When he finally let go, both Pokemon were left floating in the green-blue water, eyeing each other warily.

“You tricked me!” Gyarados cried, his senses only heightened by his fury.

“It is too late. I rule now!” Milotic responded arrogantly, and before the dragon could reply, she shot a beam of freezing ice right at his head.

With a roar, Gyarados dodged the blast and fired his own attack back at the serpent. Once again, the attack missed, and the fight turned into a wild battle that soon threatened the other Pokemon around.

The battle raged on for two days and two nights, with both Pokemon tiring to the point of exhaustion, but still not willing to give up. A great storm blew over the land, whipping at the combatants and creating huge waves that slapped against the shore, knocking down the homes of land-dwelling Pokemon and stranding water-Pokemon in the process. Large, dark clouds blocked out the sun and sent lightning flashes down at the earth.

In this way, Kyogre was trying its best to quell the fighting, but it seemed as if the two Pokemon were so blinded with hatred for each other, that they could not be stopped.

From the spirit world, the Ancestor of all Pokemon was watching the earth with dismay. So many creatures had already been harmed by the actions of the warring Pokemon below, and the ocean had begun to swallow up the land as Kyogre’s efforts to control his subjects went in vain.

There will be no more fighting,” Mew thought, and with its Psychic power, the little feline stretched out a pink paw and pushed through the barrier between its own world and ours.

Mew looked down at its children in disappointment. The two had not noticed the pink Pokemon’s arrival and great tornados of dragon power were spinning around the combatants as they continued their struggle for power.

Mew shut its eyes for a moment, and sent out shockwaves of Psychic energy to calm the pair. Slowly, the Dragon Rage attack spun slower and slower until all of the tornados had disappeared. The clouds above began to disperse and sunlight reached the ocean for the first time in two days. Gyarados and Milotic were calmed by their Ancestor’s soothing power, and soon the earth looked just a little bit brighter.

When the two serpent Pokemon had broken out of the lulling trance that had managed to quiet them, they shut their eyes humbly in sorrow for the damage that they’d caused.

"Milotic,” Mew spoke, its voice soft, but emanating power, “you value your beauty too much, and this has made you vain and boastful. From this day forward, your children will not be beautiful. They will not be majestic. Your children will be ugly and timid until they have realised the value of true beauty, and only then will they change into beautiful Pokemon,” the pink cat finished, flickering its eyes open for just a second to shift its glance to Gyarados.

"Gyarados, you value your strength too much, and this has made you blind in the face of rage," Mew continued solemnly, "From now on your children will not be strong. They will not be fearsome. Your children will be weak and helpless until they have learned what it is like to possess no power or authority."

With a flick of its long tail, Mew opened its eyes and peered down at the Pokemon it had just cursed. “Don’t disappoint me again,” the small cat whispered, but its words were lost on the wind as it slowly faded back into its own world.

Gyarados and Milotic turned to each other in sorrow, not truly understanding the effects that their actions would have on their own kind for the millions of years to come…
    GCEA

8. This post has been liked by: