Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

I am thinking of maybe starting an RWBY RP. The story is based around the land of remnant, where creatures of darkness known as Grimm plague the land. The four main characters in the series attend the Beacon Academy, a training facility where they will be trained to hunt and kill Grimm.

The series goes for about two hours in total (I watched all sixteen episodes on YouTube in a night). However it is only up to volume one, with volume two due to be released in July.

I am thinking of opening an RP in which the characters are students of the a Beacon academy, and follow themes in the show, eg initiation and such, and build on it. However I have two concerns.

1. Would it be frowned upon for me to ask people who want to join to watch the series? It doesn't go for too long, and is kind of essential to understand it all.
    2. I am leaning towards waiting for the whole volume to be released, as the whole direction of the show could change and allow for continuity errors due to new episodes, and possibly even put off starting the RP even longer depending on what happens in the season. So it could be months, possibly even a year or longer before I open sign ups.

Thoughts?

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    I am thinking of maybe starting an RWBY RP. The story is based around the land of remnant, where creatures of darkness known as Grimm plague the land. The four main characters in the series attend the Beacon Academy, a training facility where they will be trained to hunt and kill Grimm.

The series goes for about two hours in total (I watched all sixteen episodes on YouTube in a night). However it is only up to volume one, with volume two due to be released in July.

I am thinking of opening an RP in which the characters are students of the a Beacon academy, and follow themes in the show, eg initiation and such, and build on it. However I have two concerns.

1. Would it be frowned upon for me to ask people who want to join to watch the series? It doesn't go for too long, and is kind of essential to understand it all.
    2. I am leaning towards waiting for the whole volume to be released, as the whole direction of the show could change and allow for continuity errors due to new episodes, and possibly even put off starting the RP even longer depending on what happens in the season. So it could be months, possibly even a year or longer before I open sign ups.

Thoughts?
    Love RWBY. I would totally join this.

It might be a good idea for people to watch the series first in my opinion. Explaining how Dust works and also how the weapons work [often a fusion of ranged and melee]. It's not like you're watching 12 hours of a season, and the parts are broken up into a maximum of 16 minute parts. You could watch the whole series in a day. If the new volume is released in July [I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG BUT NOW I KNOW THANKS] I don't see it being too much of a problem. The world mechanics are pretty established so far, and the few changes that are being made are mostly background aesthetic changes.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
    Love RWBY. I would totally join this.

It might be a good idea for people to watch the series first in my opinion. Explaining how Dust works and also how the weapons work [often a fusion of ranged and melee]. It's not like you're watching 12 hours of a season, and the parts are broken up into a maximum of 16 minute parts. You could watch the whole series in a day. If the new volume is released in July [I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG BUT NOW I KNOW THANKS] I don't see it being too much of a problem. The world mechanics are pretty established so far, and the few changes that are being made are mostly background aesthetic changes.
    In order to avoid issues I think I would try and avoid interaction with any of te how's characters, as they could change drastically eg change loyalties, attitudes and stuff.

Volume 1 went from July to November and if volume two does the same I might wait until it finises to open SU, then start the RP on new year. There would also have to be some mechanics to it because in the show, they are mostly pretty overpowered in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    In order to avoid issues I think I would try and avoid interaction with any of te how's characters, as they could change drastically eg change loyalties, attitudes and stuff.

Volume 1 went from July to November and if volume two does the same I might wait until it finises to open SU, then start the RP on new year. There would also have to be some mechanics to it because in the show, they are mostly pretty overpowered in my eyes.
    There hasn't been too much human vs human battling to really compare what is OP and what isn't. Though that should change in Season 2. If you're worried about keeping a balance, that's one of my forte's. Feel free to prod me about help in the future. I'd like to see this happen. ^^

Also @The Nonexistent Tazz
    I'll make a Preview thread for the project I spoke of earlier. then you can know more. XD

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa

5. This post has been liked by:

Right, so you know how I posted a while ago about an RP I'd been working on? Well, now I'm on a 3DS so not only is all my work virtually lost as I can't copy and paste, I don't know what the character limit is so I don't even know if I'm going to be able to post it anyway. I'd been thinking of looking for someone who can maybe work with me, clean up a couple of things, post it for me and basically looking after the RP when I'm not on due to timezones. What I'm trying to say is, would it be against the rules to get a co-creator, and is anyone willing to do it?
    _.-:*
    Glaciers have melted to the sea
    I wish the tide would take me over
    I've been down on my knees
    And you just keep on getting closer
    Aah…
    *:-._
    ((avatar drawn by, and owned by, Bryan Lee O'Malley))

Quote Originally Posted by Song 7 View Post
    Right, so you know how I posted a while ago about an RP I'd been working on? Well, now I'm on a 3DS so not only is all my work virtually lost as I can't copy and paste, I don't know what the character limit is so I don't even know if I'm going to be able to post it anyway. I'd been thinking of looking for someone who can maybe work with me, clean up a couple of things, post it for me and basically looking after the RP when I'm not on due to timezones. What I'm trying to say is, would it be against the rules to get a co-creator, and is anyone willing to do it?
    I'd love to help out but I'm stretched thin with work as it is. D=

However it is most definitely not against the rules to co-create RP's with people. ^^

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa

Thanks for the clarification! The search begins owo
    Also, good luck with whatever work it is you're doing.
    _.-:*
    Glaciers have melted to the sea
    I wish the tide would take me over
    I've been down on my knees
    And you just keep on getting closer
    Aah…
    *:-._
    ((avatar drawn by, and owned by, Bryan Lee O'Malley))

*pokes thread with a stick*

Allright, so I've offically signed up for the WAR role-play, Terminus. I have a basic idea of what I'm supposed to be doing from reading the stickies and other members' posts, but is there anything you experienced RPers think I should know for the role-play? Not like game-breaking instantly win the role-play tips, but like just little bits of advice, I guess.
    Lurking in the Shadows...

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

So I was thinking we should have some kind of beginners/casual roleplay. I haven't RPed in ages but I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. Don't have a heap of time to dedicate to it though, so casual would be good. No walls of text required and just for fun. Anyone interested?
    GCEA

URPG Staff

Actually Sarah, I had a project going for that. Some people may have known about it, but I don't know. Moving on, I was waiting for WAR to end before I started getting it fairly finished, so I'll get to working on it soon and put it up once I can.