Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

New Forum Theme: Into the Forest

Phew! I am happy to release our newest forum theme, Into the Forest including pixel artwork from HG/SS and a lovely piece featuring Celebi by Furoユウト on Pixiv (credit has been placed in the theme footer).

This theme is a LOT different to our other ones! The forum home page is organised into two columns! Plus every forum has a unique icon! You may also notice some cool scrolling and hovering effects on the home page. :) It was definitely a challenge to figure all this stuff out, but also a lot of fun!

You can now select the theme Into The Forest from the dropdown at the bottom of the forum or click here to start using it! I have also reorganised the list of themes so the more outdated themes are at the bottom.

Please let me know what you think, or if you notice any issues or things I might have missed! :)

If you guys like this two-column style I may make more in future, so your feedback is important!

I hope you like it!
    GCEA

Senior Moderator

/dies of bliss

New favorite. Not even a contest. Johto, Ilex Forest, Pixels , mix of light and dark colors

This theme is perfection.

Also lol @ Union Room being the moon ball

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

I was never really a fan of the two columns but after seeing this skin...I just love it. Makes me feel like I'm in the old games again. :D
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Green View Post
    /dies of bliss

New favorite. Not even a contest. Johto, Ilex Forest, Pixels , mix of light and dark colors

This theme is perfection.

Also lol @ Union Room being the moon ball
    Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    I was never really a fan of the two columns but after seeing this skin...I just love it. Makes me feel like I'm in the old games again. :D
    Glad you guys like it! :D I thought it would be fun to try something a bit different!
    GCEA

Awesome new theme, Sarah! :D It's such a cool and different style, and I love the pixel background. But I never use themes unless they're widescreen. So if there was a widescreen version... ;))))

Administrator

I've always stuck with the original Crossroads Pro theme, but this theme is awesome, Sarah! The 2 columns really work well with it too I think. Really amazing job! =D

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

It's pretty nifty, but I have trouble getting used to the two-column layout. That's my only thing, everything else about it is pretty sweet and the low-res effect actually gives it that cool, retro old-school feeling.

I still use the Gracidea Order skin. Funny because I wasn't even on that PXFIRE team.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    It's a cool theme, although I'm a bit thrown off by the two column grid. xD Does look awesome, though, you put in a lot of effort.

Imma stick to my Lunala one. Currently using the widescreen version. :3

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Awesome new theme, Sarah! :D It's such a cool and different style, and I love the pixel background. But I never use themes unless they're widescreen. So if there was a widescreen version... ;))))
    Haha I don't think it would really work very well in widescreen as the forum blocks would be all long and empty. :( But thanks Xanthe!

Thanks guys :) It's a lot different so it won't be everyone's cup of tea.
    GCEA

Woooow! Dude this looks really cool! I love the pixels! The heavy shadows mixing with the glow from the sun.. So nice. Then Celebi's shrine, and the lil mushroom zombie crab. I feel like that tool from the Pokemon Fan Club, prattling on about his Rapidash.

I will point out something. The focus sash/band icon still has white in the gap areas. It doesn't go transparent. Otherwise, on a personal level, this is an amazing theme. For real.

(CHALLENGE POST)
    You weren't ready.

"Where is the Haxorus theme?! This theme has it almost right! Needs more red, less bug, and more dragon. More Haxorus, less Zombie Mushroom. More mountains and caves, and less plants and shrines. So basically the only thing you've done right is the colors. Fix it."
    (Wouldn't actually mind a Haxorus theme. >.>;]
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~