Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

[PMD Inspired] PokeWorld Island Mystery RP

[PMD Inspired] PokeWorld Island Mystery RP

For discussion, questions or to sign up, visit the sign up/discussion thread. Sign ups are open anytime.

Team Ranks
    Every Team has a rank! The order is Normal > Bronze > Silver > Gold > Platinum > Diamond. An increased rank will give you a better chance of recruiting Pokemon and may even allow you to access restricted areas.

All teams start on Normal Rank.

You can rank up by completing missions as the story goes on. You can also rank up by recruiting more Pokemon and winning battles!

Wild Pokemon Attack!
    When a wild Pokemon attacks, you have a few choices:
    > Battle - If you are not injured, you can battle the attacking Pokemon. You can send any of the Pokemon in your party into battle (write it out). The outcome of the battle is determined by chance, but there are parameters that will influence it. If you have a type advantage you should escape without injury. If you have a weakness you have a bigger chance of being injured. Defeat the Pokemon to secure the chance to recruit it.
    > Reason - You can try to reason with the Pokemon. If it doesn't work, you may be injured. If it does work, the Pokemon may allow you to pass or even ask to be recruited. You will have to make a convincing argument to the Pokemon in order for it to choose not to attack (write it out).
    > Run - You can try and escape... You will not be given a chance to recruit the Pokemon.

Being Injured - If one of your characters is injured, they cannot battle. You must come across a place to heal or use an item. You may also recover if enough time has passed (the story mod will let you know).

In all cases, feel free to be as creative as you like! Remember the story mod will decide the outcome of things, so you should leave your actions open ended. For example, finishing your post with a statement like "Jack waited to see whether the Abra would be too tired to get back up..." or "Alice tiptoed away, hoping she had managed to escape without being seen..." The story mod will then let you know if it was successful and do a recruitment calculation if triggered.

Your writing wil never negatively impact your chance of success, so no pressure! It can be as long or as short as you like. If you do something particularly cool or interesting though, it may improve your chances of a successful outcome!

Depending on the Pokemon, one method may be more likely to be successful than others. There may also be bonus actions you can complete to increase your chance of success, such as submitting a picture, drawing the Pokemon, writing a short poem or completing a puzzle. The story mod will advise you when this is the case.

Recruiting Pokemon
    When you recruit a Pokemon, your Team Rank will increase. Level up your Team Rank to improve your chances of recruiting other Pokemon. Recruited Pokemon will be returned to the guild. Only special recruited Pokemon will be able to join you on your adventure. This will be noted at the Pokemon encounter.

Recruitment will be RNG. There may also be bonus actions you can complete to increase your chance of success, such as submitting a picture, drawing the Pokemon, writing a short poem or completing a puzzle. Your Team Rank will also help!

Posting
    At the top of your post you should include the name and species of yourself and any party members currently with you, as well as your team name and rank. The Pokemon you have recruited and your team rank will be kept track of by the story mods at the start of this thread, but it's a good idea to check it sometimes to make sure nothing has been missed.

All standard RP rules apply, like you may only control your own character and can't be too overpowered. The story mod is in charge and what they say goes, so make sure you listen to their instructions!

Your posts may be as long or as short as you like.

The story mod will guide you through everything, so if you're not sure about something right now, don't worry. If your action is invalid you will be helped on how to edit it. :) No worries! Post first and ask questions later! ;)

Please wait until @Rival Max has posted the introduction before posting. :)
    GCEA

Extra Post 1

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Extra Post 2

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

I was never one to buy into the myth of ancient artifacts or the cursed items of power that I read about as a child. To me, all of it seemed relatively silly and superstitious. For several generations, stories were passed down through our guild warning us of the dangers of mishandling one of these items. The leader of our guild championed himself an expert of their uses and potential. The information on these items was drilled into our heads. I believe they did that to simultaneously stoke our imagination and squash our curiosity. Until yesterday I had no interest in even testing these items out to see if the stories were true. I firmly believed we as pokemon do not have right to destroy what others believe if they are not hurting anyone.
    That is until the dark mirage swept through Marsh Valley and changed the rules of the world as we knew it. In the confusion and fear of our reality going haywire the pokemon resorted to acts based on fear. They turned against the pokemon they believed were responsible. Unfortunately for my family that was us. You see the villagers believed that this dark mirage had been caused by some sort of illusion we started. The elder zoroark, Fya, tried to convince the others it was not us but to no avail. They started to round us up one by one. I was the only one lucky enough to escape.
    My escape was a matter of luck and great training. You see I am able to do something none of the other Zoruas are. I am a ditto, I was taken in by the elders and raised as one of their own. Only my sister and Elder Fya know that I am a ditto. I have lived most of my life masquerading as a zorua. This was because of an ancient conflict between Zorarks and Dittos. Which apparently had driven the dittos away from this land.
    My abilities helped me escape the mainland. I headed to the caves located on the lonely Crystal Island. The caves there were only used for ceremonies. They were mostly barren other than the mystery dungeon that the elders had whispered about. I figured if something was capable of stopping all this madness it would have to be one of those items that I had questioned my whole life.
    As I moved through the cracks that only a jelly-like pokemon like myself could. I had the feeling that Fya knew that one day I might need to do this. The collection of gems, stones, rubies, crystals, and orbs was pretty impressive. I searched around looking for just the right item. Before I could even find it one of the orbs in the center of the room started to flash. I rushed over to look at. The vision it showed scared me so badly I transformed back into My Zorua form. With my knees shaking I moved closer again hoping to see what was happening. As I looked closer at the orb, it showed a world plunged into chaos. It was clear that to stop whatever was happening I would need some help. But from whom I questioned.

Just behind me, a goldish orb started to glow brightly. I moved closer to inspect this second orb. This one I had recognized from the texts. This one was the Key Orb it was said to connect our world with others. I knew this might be my best bet to find help.

This was the last memory the little ditto, Mia, would have before being pulled through time and space. Her journey to find help took her into the human realm. In this world, pokemon were little more than a myth. The human society had taken the land and seas. The few pokemon species left were those that co-existed well in human habitats. Mia took the form of a human girl. She had been lucky to find old magazines scattered throughout the oddly abandoned park she had arrived in. Though the style was a little out of date her new form fit in fine. She searched this new world for creatures capable of helping.

Let us skip ahead now to the part that most concerns all of you.

-White Out-

The temperature jolts all of you awake. As you stumble around shivering in the cold dim cave confused and scared you realize something is off. Your flight or fight instinct kick in as you turn your focus to what is going on around you. The orb that had caught your attention was missing. The girl you knew as Mia was missing. So were all of your classmates. You were not alone though. In the dim light of the cave you can see creatures moving around. Out of fear or curiosity you move closer to see what you believe are pokemon. To your shock you find yourself mixed in with a group of different pokemon. Some of the pokemon looked familiar to things you had seen in the text book at schools, others you had seen in videos on youtube most of which had sadly gone extinct. Only a few of these magically creatures still lived in your world.

That however wasnt the biggest suprise. As the shock wore off you notice something about yourself...

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

5. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Chris Waters the Emolga
    Hurricane Alliance: Normal Rank
    (Not really formed yet)

I awoke with a shock, almost gasping.

I swore it was like a freezer in here and I first looked around, seeing nothing but dimly-lit, rocky cavern walls. How did I get from the abandoned amusement park to here, wherever the heck this place was!? My first thought was we had been kidnapped and now this was some kind of hostage situation.

I looked around, trying to get a bearing on where I was and what was going on. And I saw there were shadows and things moving around. Creatures I didn't recognize at first, but then I swore they were familiar with the limited light I saw. Pokémon. Or at least that's what I thought they were. I had recognized a few of them from old books and videos, but there were some of them that should have been extinct. Well, so much for that. Looks like they weren't so right after all. I hadn't seen too many of these Pokémon before, but every now and then we ran into them. It seemed really weird to have so many in this spot. A sight like this should have been pretty rare.

I decided to get up and maybe see if there was some explanation to this or a possible way out. And I almost tripped and felt smack on my face with what happened next!

It was the feet that I saw first. Man, I'll never forget that! Small white furry feet that were not mine, but... well, yes they are! How did the rest of me get coated with white fur and...!?

I stopped breathing for a moment while I realized I now had arm flaps with yellow fur on the front and dark gray on the back. In fact the back of my arms were gray now as well! And I now had... a tail. A brushy dark gray tail. And I could move it and swing it easily like it was nothing more than waving my hand! I had to force myself to breathe or I was just going to pass out. Maybe I was just dreaming. Nah, that would have just been denial!

I couldn't help but keep looking at these new features. Then I realized my ears were now large and rounded like a mouse and I even found out I had electric sacs in my cheeks and could discharge electricity. This... was insane.

Am I... I think... I think I might be an Emolga now...

I nodded, because that's exactly what I recognized it as. All the features akin to that flying, gliding sky squirrel. Yeah, I didn't have a mirror but I could see enough on my own to tell that had to be it! This was crazy!

But how!? Or even why? I tried to remember as much as I could and the last thing I remember hearing prior to this was "I'm so sorry but we really need your help." What exactly did I need to do? And was there a reason it had to be done like this? And who was that? Where did they get that crazy silver orb that floats on its own? Yeah, I knew I wasn't going to get the answers to those questions so I didn't really think about them too much. I could try to figure out that stuff later when the here and now stuff needed to be figured out first.

I just looked around, not sure if all these other Pokémon were those other students or if these were Pokémon that had always been as Pokémon and I was the only one who was now like this. In case it really was the later, I tried to shake off my shock and surprise and at least try to act normal, like a normal Emolga would in this situation. I had to take this as a "When in Rome, act as Romans do" kind of way. But that was a little hard considering I didn't really know much about how these sky squirrels really live! Well, I was sure they didn't exactly look like they were shocked and bewildered all the time, so I really had to shake that off and pretend like all this bewilderment was just me.

"Eh... heh, sorry," I smiled with a bit of embarrassment, speaking in this new lighter, almost cute-sounding voice as I was at least trying to pretend like me being an Emolga was totally normal and nothing out of the ordinary! "My bad, that was kind of a weird dream I had just now. Hey, anyone know where we are? I think I dozed off, it's been a long day."

There, just an innocent question to the rest of these guys, whoever they were. I was convinced whoever wanted my help needed me to have this disguise, so in that case, I needed to wear it well and not break concealment no matter who these other guys are. Would have been nice to get a heads up about it, but I could go along with it for now. There had to be a good reason for this. And well, of course, besides the fact that if someone told me "hey, you're going to be an Emolga, one of those electric gliding sky squirrels" right up front, I really don't think I would have immediately said "oh hey, yeah, sure, totally cool with that now, have at it!" Yeah, that had to be the reason why.

7. This post has been liked by:

Brent Uberhill the Charmander
    Stealth Mode Retrieval Team (SMRT): Normal Rank
    A cold reception

The shivering woke me. My body body was positively buzzing like a cell-phone left on vibrate. I tried to grab for my blankets but quickly realised that I was not in my bed.

Opening my eyes I looked around my environment. I was in cave. A really cold and dimly lit cave.

*Sigh* Another brilliant practical joke. Was it the Football team this time or maybe the Lacrosse thugs. Either way, I am sick of those sports-mad idiots playing their tricks on me. They were in for trouble now. I had hacked into their school accounts and know that both the captains of those teams are cheating. The Football captain is cheating on his tests and The Lacrosse captain is cheating in his girlfriend. Now all I had to to decide was which of them I wanted to anonymously destroy!

No! First of all I need to get out of here. This cold could cause hypothermia. I need heat. Looking around I spies a small flame behind me. I turned to face it. The flame moved to stay behind me. I turned the other way, and the flame moved again to keep out of my reach. I reached out with hands and saw the two tiny claws at the ends of each of my little arms.

"What the heck is going on!" I tried to say, but it came out as "Char Char Charmander!" I felt my face and discovered a bestial almost lizard-like head. The claws, the head even the flame behind me reminded me of the mythical, extinct creature I draw on the front of all of my note books. Had I become a Charmander?

'Ah, righto! Dream then! Might as well explore my subconscious while I am here!' Despite my realisation that this was all some weird dream I still felt the bitter cold. researchers has postulated that Pokemon of the Charmander family suffered from the cold and their tail flames needed to kept alight.

I wiggled my butt and found extra muscles leading down the flame at the end of my tail. after a few false starts I got the hand of moving the tail and brought the flame to my face. The flame was warm but it was flickering and weak. I breathed onto it fanning the flame a bit brighter and revelled in the extra warmth it brought.

I looked around the room flickering flame-light. I realised that it was filled with other strange Pokemon. Potentially dangerous foes. At my feet were a satchel and and a cool looking hat. I put the satchel over my shoulder and placed the hat on my head. it was a perfect fit. I then slowly backe =d towards the back of the cave looking for some kind of hiding place.

One of the weird Pokemon started talking in a cute voice "Emolga, emol emolga molga?" which somehow I translated to "My bad, that was kind of a weird dream I had just now. Hey, anyone know where we are? I think I dozed off, it's been a long day."

'Could there be two of us stuck in the same dream?' I looked at the strange creature. It looked like a flying mouse of some sort.

Not knowing was friends and who was foe I did my best to hide from everyone until I worked out exactly what was going on. I smiled a big grin. This was a mystery, and I love solving a good mystery!

Experienced Trainer pokemon trainer Felix's Avatar
    Gregory firstarter/Tyrunt
    Bright iridescent team explorers(B.I.T.E): Normal Rank

i woke up in a dark cold place. My first thoughts were where the heck am i?

ok what is the last thing i remember? "we where near the sea on that island then something happend, And now i am here"

"IS THIS THE AFTER LIFE! DID I DROWN"... no thats stupid im stupid

I Tried to stand up but then "Why the heck am i so short" and then another revelation "Where are my arms".

After falling back down i looked down where my arms would have been only to find two stumps with pointy claws

A second attempt to stand up was made this time a lot more successful. There semed to be somthing else that help me balance
    my heavier armless half on my rear.

i was already to freaked out to question it.

Next up i found that this dark space was cold but the cold mostly only hit my eyes like my body was coverd in a thick and hard armour

i looked around and saw two shapes moving about, one even produced light of some sort

though the light producing one darted away in a corner there was also a second one who started to talk

"My bad, that was kind of a weird dream I had just now. Hey, anyone know where we are? I think I dozed off, it's been a long day."

Thank goodness im not the only one here, maybe they know whats going on? cuz i certainly don't.

i walked up to them "Oh, im not the only one here, Any idea of what the heck is going on" though all that came out of my mouth was tyrunt-runt-runt.
    Last edited by pokemon trainer Felix; 04-07-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Brandon the chimchar
    Blue Team: Normal Rank

Brandon woke up shivering and cold. He opened his eyes and started to look around at his surroundings, and quickly became confused. He didn't seem to be in the amusement park anymore. Instead he seemed to be in some freezing cold, dimly lit cave. Brandon continued to look around trying figure out what had happened and how he got here, but the more he looked around, the more confused and shocked he became.

None of his classmates seemed to be in this cave, in fact, it didn't look like any people were, just pokemon, alot of pokemon. None of it made any sense, but he figured all he could was try to figure out where he was so he could figure out a way back to the amusement park. He stood up, intending to check for any possible injuries he may have sustained after happened, however, as he looked down at his arms he became downright confused and shocked. His arms were all hairy, like completely hairy, from his fingers all the way up to his shirt sleeve. They were even narrower then they were before! As he continued to sit there shocked and confused, he soon realized his legs and feet were the exact same way.

Now he was just downright confused! What was going on? Where was he? Why was his arms and legs so hairy? He was starting to panic now and shouted "What the heck is going on", however, all that really came out was "CHIMMCHAR CHAR CHAR". It was then he realized among all his confusion and panic that he realized that he was a pokemon, a Chimchar specifically from the sounds of it.

Now his brain was racing in 20 million directions with questions. How did he become a chimchar? Where was he and how did he get here? He couldn't think of an answer to these questions. He needed to figure out what he should do next, he started to scan the dim cave for a speck of light or anything that would indicate an exit, but couldn't see one. He figured the pokemon in the cave with him were wild pokemon who knew the area, so he decided that he would just wait and observe the pokemon in the cave with him, knowing surely at some point they must leave the cave to find food and stuff.

That decision made, he tried to sit down to observe, only to experience a sharp burning sensations when he did so. He stood back up and looked behind him and saw a small tail of flame. It was then he remmebered that chimchars had small tails of flame. Since he had no idea how yet how to control this new fire tail yet, he decided to just lean against the wall of the cave to observe instead. He walked over to the wall of the cave and leaned against it, watching and waiting for the pokemon to show him the way out.
    The all new and improved Broadcasting Duo is here! We have a new banner, a new look and still more great improvements to come! What are you waiting for? Come on over and check us out! We promise, you won't be disappointed!
    www.broadcastingduo.com

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    GCEA Stats:
    Decimation Blue
    Galactic Diamond

Administrator

Ross Heartwell the Pikachu
    Team Vortex: Normal Rank

Slowly gaining senses back. I awaken to a cold and damp place. Cold enough it gives me a chill to my tail bone. Confused as to why I thought that. It suddenly hits me that we weren't at the amusement park anymore. My classmates had disappeared. Nowhere did I see any sight of the little girl.

A cool breeze blows past me. Chilling as it blows through my fur. Wait...did I just say "fur?!" What is going on I think to myself. I mean I'm a human! So why do I keep thinking things like "my tail" or "fur?" Looking more around my surroundings. It's so dimly lit I can't even see the paws in front of my face. Trying to ignore the fact I just said "paws" I try looking around. Noticing some movement from some small creatures. The sound of movement all around making my ears twitch to the smallest sounds as my eyes and ears are still adjusting to the new surroundings. How did I get here, or better yet, WHERE am I? .....wait a minute. That creature. Is that...what I think it is? Concentrating further, wanting to see it closer. "Man I just wish I could see it a little better!" I saw as I focus more. Feeling something surge through me. Almost like a static effect raise hairs on your arm.

As I do. Suddenly my surrounding area was slightly more illuminated. I could see it much better. "A Pokémon!" I exciting say to myself. Man this was amazing! Where ever I ended up. I'm seeing Pokémon around me I thought no longer even existed! This is incredible, I thought...until. I turned to my left. Seeing a shiny wall. More shiny than the rest. The illumination reflecting off the wall as I look at the wall. I notice another Pokémon. "Hey a Pikachu," I said aloud. Wait...it's mimicking me. Noticing the electricity sparking from the cheeks. That's me?! I turned into a Pikachu?! The surprise causes the sparks illuminating the area to stop as I lose my balance and fall on my back. Trying to get back up. It's noticably harder in this body...and paws.

Ugh...I can only get on all fours. In fact, it actually feels more comfortable than it was on two as opposed to moments ago. I think I'll stick to this for now. Until I get used to this body more. My lightning bolt shaped tail now hanging behind me. Man I'm gonna have to get used to this. It feels so...different. Suddenly you remember something. The last moment you were in that amusement park. "I need your help." Those words rang in my head. "OH YEAH!" Someone needed our help! Thing is...who? Where? What is it we even need to do?! If I was there. Then more than likely the others are here somewhere. Right? I couldn't have been the only one they were talking to.

Honestly looking around. I couldn't decide if I should approach these other Pokémon to even ask. Much less try to find the others. I wouldn't even know what Pokémon they were. I was only able to produce that electricity earlier without knowing it. I tried reproducing at and couldn't at will. I guess that was just my Pokémon instincts kicking in. Much like this tail that keeps moving on its own right now.

I sigh as I look back at my tail that mockingly taps my back. This is gonna be harder than I thought. As I get lower to the ground, still on all fours. Thinking about everything that's happened. So I'm a Pikachu. I've got fur now, a tail, paws, pointy ears, electric sacs on my cheeks, "my voice noticably has change" I say aloud as it's a little more like the way he remembers it from the show he used to watch with some boy he remembers. He just can't remember his name for some reason. Just a slightly bit different. Do all Pokémon of the same species sound alike? That's something I've always wondered. Maybe I'll find that out while I'm here....aha. I guess for now I'll just stick to this wall and get used to walking.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 04-09-2018 at 04:40 PM.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

12. This post has been liked by:

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Lancelot Summers the Larvesta
    Team Solaris: Noraml Rank/Not yet Formed

A chill ran though me as I returned to consciousness, causing me to go into uncontrollable shivering. I'd always hated the cold, and this was no exception. I slowly opened my eyes, and was confused. This didn't look like the amusement park. Instead, I appeared to be lying face down on the floor of a damp, chilly cave. Blearily I glanced around. Was that a fire in the corner? And that shape was definitely moving. I blinked a few time as my view came into focus.

It looked like a picture out of a fantasy novel; The cave was filled with various human-sized creatures of multiple different colours. The light I saw was indeed a flame, but it was attached to the tail of an gigantic orange lizard. There was also an equalily large yellow mouse-like being with what looked like electricity sparking from it's cheeks. They all looked kinda familiar, but my brain was still rebooting so it took me a moment to recognise them. They were giant pokemon, and ones that were thought to be extinct at that!

I tried to stand up, which was when I discovered that my legs had become shorter, and that there appeared to be a few too many. Alarmed, I glanced back at my body, and saw that it was that of an insect, more specifically like the larva of a moth. I blinked a few times, not quite beliving what I was seeing. I moved to feel my face, but found my arms had become short and stubby, just like my legs, and were unable to reach. My chest was now covered in a thick white fur, which from the feel of it ran all the way up my neck and covered my entire head, and though I couldn't see them, I could feel that five horns protruded from around my neck. I looked just like that pokemon in the mythology books. What was it called? A Larvesta?

A feeling of elation ran through me as I realised what this meant. I was a pokemon! I literally jumped 3 feet in the air for sheer joy, flames shooting out from the horns around my neck. As I landed, I sheepishly glanced around to make sure I hadn't accidentally burnt anyone, but luckily all I had done was create a few scortch marks on the nearest wall. Relived, it wasn't long before I found myself grinning. This was probably a dream, but how often do you dream about being an awesome fire-shooting insect? I was definitely going to make the most out of this.

Taking another look, I realised that the other pokemon weren't giant as I had first thought, they merely appeared that way to my now smaller form. I briefly wondered if I would be able to understand pokemon speak now, but my thought was quickly answered as as greyish squirrel looking pokemon let out a series of sounds that at a guess was an Emolga's language, yet I clearly understood that it was talking about about having had a wierd dream, and asking if anyone knew where we were. Strange, I guess I'm not the only one that's lost here. Various other pokemon spoke up, all of which also seemed confused about where they were, and how they got here. My mind whirred as a thought struck me. If this isn't a dream, and if I was turned into a pokemon, what if the same happened to the other students?

"Beats me. Last I remember, I was at an amusement park." I said, trying to casually hint at who I was without sounding crazy on the chance that I was wrong and these were random strangers. My voice sounded shriller and higher pitched through my new vocal chords, and it was mildly unnerving to have the sounds come out as pokemon speak, but I tried my best to sound confident, as though I'd always spoken like this. The effect was probably ruined by my incessant grin.

Starting to shiver again, I began bouncing on the spot, trying to keep warm as I watched to see what happened next.