Thread: Regrets.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Regrets.

I regret naming the Protagonist after myself. I was young and new to storytelling and wanted a self insert. I've had to distance the character's personality from my own.

I regret the amnesia plot point. I thought it would be fun and cool, it's more of a hassle.

I regret even bringing badges into the story. This is not a gym fueled adventure, gym battles only served to make things take longer and fuel my lack of desire to work.

I regret calling my pages "chapters". They are very much NOT chapters, but I am a man of consistence and can't change it now.

I regret how everybody just got an Eevee for free. Bad and boring and bland.

There's a lot I regret, but if there's one thing I've learned from doing this comic for over 7 years now, is that the feeling of regret means that you've progressed as a creative. Things you thought were cool at one point you wince at now, that means you've developed and are capable of so much more.

There's a lot I don't regret too!

I don't regret starting Jentoh! This has been a wonderful experience for me, it's given me a chance to grow and learn and take feedback from all of you!

I don't regret listening to feedback! Someone told me the HP numbers and level numbers made battles feel less like a story and more like a video game. Boom, HP and level numbers were gone ever since. Someone told me the comic should have more panels. Boom, I went from 8 to 10 and then I made the step to shift from 10 to a vertical 12.

I don't regret the slow upload pace! This isn't a job, this is a hobby. If I forced myself to do a page when I wasn't in the mood I would wind up hating it, and that's not something I want.

I don't regret sharing this story with all of you! This has been a wonderful adventure so far and I can only hope you're enjoying it as much as I am! I'm not done yet, and things are only bound to get better!

2. This post has been liked by: