Page 493 of 513 FirstFirst ... 393443483491492493494495503 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,930 of 5121
    Administrator

Yeah once the holidays kicked into full gear at work things were nuts. Expectations were way above what one person can handle. Made no sense half the time.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

So, played the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon DX demo and geez, the demo was over so fast. @.@

It looks great and I like how they remastered the music. It's still true to the original, but doesn't sound grainy and doesn't have those bits of static, even though it was easy to just disregard those.

I think my only disappointment is I was hoping they would have expanded beyond Gen 3 in terms of the Pokemon that are around, but eh, it's not the end of the world. Still, the game looks great on the Switch and I'm glad to see this series is getting attention again. While I would have loved to see an entirely new game, hey, this is a decent remake that I'd love to revisit. Out of all of the PMD games, I dunno, I just liked the first game's world layout the most.

Also, major props to them doing the "hey, here's the personality test, but if you don't like the outcome, just choose who you really want" format.

Administrator

I think they're trying to take the main series approach now too. Where we won't see every Pokémon in a game ever again. So games like this are stuck with what we had.

So we just had the first chapter basically for the demo. Was nice and short, but I wish we could have at least kept playing dungeons after the demo. Instead, we're forced to stay in town. I love the music and the world design, but I still am kinda bothered by the fact we can't adjust tactics from the start (I'm hoping we can in the full game). Hated having my partner run off for items or a wonder tile across the room and away from me.

Glad they chose to edit the personality test and make it where you can choose. That's for sure. Maybe this will mean PMD Explorers if T/D/S is closely behind? Since the release isn't too far off. Then maybe we will see a new PMD in 2021? For the 25th Anniversary or something. I'm sure they're planning a BIG year for the 25th Anniversary. Being Pikachu's number and all.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

A remake of Hey You, Pikachu.

I have a feeling you're right about what Pokemon appearing thing. I guess there just got to be too many. I mean heck, they managed to pack in more into a single game than what I first thought would be possible way back when, but yeah, I guess the amount of work it takes to pack 1K Pokemon into a single game just got to be too much. They came close, though, with Sun and Moon.

For me, in PMD:DX I think the partner AI was better than before. You kind of need to work with it a bit, but they definitely seem smarter and more tactful than previous games where they mostly just followed you and did nothing, or you had to set them to be mindlessly aggressive. This kind of feels like a more happy medium, but I can see where it may not be the best for every situation.

The new setup for the dojo is interesting. I guess gone are the days where you can crazy grind and cakewalk through the whole game, but with it being timed now and not based on actual number of moves, it's a little more frenzied. But even golden tickets don't last all that long and you kind of just need to go into a mindless frenzy in there.

What I'm really hoping for is a lot more post main game content. The original games really didn't have that much at all. Sure, a few encounters with legendaries, but I think there were only like six or so "special encounters" and that was pretty much it. I would love to see a whole new "second campaign" like what PMD:Sky did. Special missions would be awesome, too.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    A remake of Hey You, Pikachu.

I have a feeling you're right about what Pokemon appearing thing. I guess there just got to be too many. I mean heck, they managed to pack in more into a single game than what I first thought would be possible way back when, but yeah, I guess the amount of work it takes to pack 1K Pokemon into a single game just got to be too much. They came close, though, with Sun and Moon.

For me, in PMD:DX I think the partner AI was better than before. You kind of need to work with it a bit, but they definitely seem smarter and more tactful than previous games where they mostly just followed you and did nothing, or you had to set them to be mindlessly aggressive. This kind of feels like a more happy medium, but I can see where it may not be the best for every situation.

The new setup for the dojo is interesting. I guess gone are the days where you can crazy grind and cakewalk through the whole game, but with it being timed now and not based on actual number of moves, it's a little more frenzied. But even golden tickets don't last all that long and you kind of just need to go into a mindless frenzy in there.

What I'm really hoping for is a lot more post main game content. The original games really didn't have that much at all. Sure, a few encounters with legendaries, but I think there were only like six or so "special encounters" and that was pretty much it. I would love to see a whole new "second campaign" like what PMD:Sky did. Special missions would be awesome, too.
    I would love, love, LOVE a Hey You, Pikachu remake. I NEVER got to play the original. Don't care how bad it was or anything. I still want to. My dad bought it way back for me, but never would buy the mic for it cause he only looked for it at Pawn Shops....that was his thing back then to get things "cheaper." Needless to say he just ended up selling the game.

Yeah the sheer number of Pokémon they had in was incredible. I think it was a good call to take some out, but they need to find a way that doesn't make them totally useless. For those that have their favorites totally strip from the current latest games and all. Maybe PMD or other spinoffs are the solution here.

I've had my partner in the demo run off just for a wonder tile across a large room for a very small (attack down). Which isn't needed. Later dungeons that would get them in serious trouble running off alone. Early dungeons are fine, but running off on their own late game is asking for trouble. I also don't like I can't press A to just basic attack. Even if on the more recent games it was just 5 damage no matter what. It helped more than using purely moves.

The dojo was really different. I managed to get only 1 Golden Ticket for it so far, but still. I just wish we could farm dungeons in the demo while we wait. Would've been nice giving us a chance to rerun for items and such. Possibly see a shiny as it describes in the Friend Bow.

Rescue Team did have an interesting post game, but it had a lot of grinding to even find out about it. Wasn't really lead into other than at total random. Hey, maybe even some special episodes like in Sky even. Finding out what happens to certain characters maybe....and....well remake or not. We totally need to watch out for spoilers for those that haven't played yet. In case they're gonna play this game now.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I don't know of too many people who haven't played the original but are still into PMD.

Some places may still sell it. Although I remember I had a heck of a time trying to get GTI and that was years ago. Wasn't expecting that at all.

Administrator

2 of my co-workers who have like the Pokémon games and play. Both haven't played a Mystery Dungeon game before. I keep trying to convince them to play, but neither have caved in yet. One will try the new one coming out on Switch soon, but the other seems reluctant. I've tried telling her she could play as Eevee too (her favorite), but that didn't even work.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    2 of my co-workers who have like the Pokémon games and play. Both haven't played a Mystery Dungeon game before. I keep trying to convince them to play, but neither have caved in yet. One will try the new one coming out on Switch soon, but the other seems reluctant. I've tried telling her she could play as Eevee too (her favorite), but that didn't even work.
    I remember practically dying waiting for the first PMD game to come out. The whole prospect of playing as a Pikachu in an adventure-style game was the coolest thing ever to me. I was messing around with the sprites and character portraits and stuff even before the games came out.

And man, the ENORMOUS SURGE of PMD-style fan fictions and RPs that came along shortly after. Yes, I generously contributed to that, too.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

PMD is why I got into writing too!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I remember practically dying waiting for the first PMD game to come out. The whole prospect of playing as a Pikachu in an adventure-style game was the coolest thing ever to me. I was messing around with the sprites and character portraits and stuff even before the games came out.

And man, the ENORMOUS SURGE of PMD-style fan fictions and RPs that came along shortly after. Yes, I generously contributed to that, too.
    Yeah around the time it came out was when I was debating on leaving the Pokémon series. It was a tough time. I have Rescue Team a chance cause as a kid I had always wanted to be a Pikachu. xD So to see a game where we a the player "turn into a Pokémon." I thought it was the coolest thing! First game didn't have a huge impact on me cause I played 95% of the game with the sound off. I literally beat the game in a Mexican restaurant. Explorers though I gave more meaning. Played it at home most the time with sound up at all times. It also had the character acting like someone who legit didn't know what was going on, but tried his/her best to gather their thoughts and go at it with their all. Characters who like to think a situation out and I LOVED that.

The PMD is what helped me find places like this and finding some awesome fanfics. That's for sure. Honestly the whole concept is something they need to keep in mind and focus on for future games.

The time is upon us...