Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    When considering powers we always ask for the player to tell us at his strongest what the powers will do ?
    For example rose in bb is blind and she see through the eyes of her psychic partner. Her powers while there are limited for the most part to her partner. Her ability is only strong enough because of the boost.

So what are you hoping to do with it ?
    I was thinking more along the lines of kinesis (bending/manipulating objects using only the mind), being able to lift and move objects with his mind, a little bit of short-range telepathy, and that kind of thing. The limit would be that anything that's too heavy or strong to lift or bend with his hands, he wouldn't be able to do it with his mind, either. So definitely no lifting cars or flinging heavy boulders around.

Wouldn't at all be like Rose's case, though. If it has to come with some kind of impairment or disability like it does in her case, then that's kind of a deal-breaker for me and I'd just work in something else.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    When is the deadline?

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of kinesis (bending/manipulating objects using only the mind), being able to lift and move objects with his mind, a little bit of short-range telepathy, and that kind of thing. The limit would be that anything that's too heavy or strong to lift or bend with his hands, he wouldn't be able to do it with his mind, either. So definitely no lifting cars or flinging heavy boulders around.

Wouldn't at all be like Rose's case, though. If it has to come with some kind of impairment or disability like it does in her case, then that's kind of a deal-breaker for me and I'd just work in something else.
    I used Rose as an example of a power that worked because it focused around her plot but didnt make her op. A telekinesis power would need to be limited. The major problem is that a character who can move things with there mind could easily escape a situation. For example if the character were locked in a place they could us the powers to get the keys. For events to run smoothly its important that the characters cant easily get around adversity.

That being said. If you limit the powers. I'm okay with bending spoons. That is something he can practice throughout the story. Maybe I'm the later half he could live smaller objects and have them float but only close objects . Towards the end of the story we could explore him being able to lift things that he could naturally lift but he would need to drain his powers or stamina.

The key here is that start slow and treat it like it's almost impossible and I'm fine with it. Bending spoons or even small objects temporarily floating would take lot of concentration.

Just no jedis lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    When is the deadline?

I'm going to leave this open for another week. Maybe next weekend. Resetting up the whole section is to going to take time. Even after the story start the sign up will remain open.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    I used Rose as an example of a power that worked because it focused around her plot but didnt make her op. A telekinesis power would need to be limited. The major problem is that a character who can move things with there mind could easily escape a situation. For example if the character were locked in a place they could us the powers to get the keys. For events to run smoothly its important that the characters cant easily get around adversity.

That being said. If you limit the powers. I'm okay with bending spoons. That is something he can practice throughout the story. Maybe I'm the later half he could live smaller objects and have them float but only close objects . Towards the end of the story we could explore him being able to lift things that he could naturally lift but he would need to drain his powers or stamina.

The key here is that start slow and treat it like it's almost impossible and I'm fine with it. Bending spoons or even small objects temporarily floating would take lot of concentration.

Just no jedis lol
    I gotcha, this is why I asked first!

I think I'll do something different and give him a trade skill or something like that instead. That might come in handy more often and wouldn't break any rules of reality. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I gotcha, this is why I asked first!

I think I'll do something different and give him a trade skill or something like that instead. That might come in handy more often and wouldn't break any rules of reality. XD
    I dont mean to deter you from adding the powers. Every version of gcea has had a psychic.. lol bending spoons or floating objects are part of the pokemon world already. I just wanted you to put a cap on the powers because I've had a character with similar powers. It's only natural as your character gets stronger that you want to push the powers.

I also have to say backstory matters for powers too. Brettles made a thief. For his character I would say no for psychic powers because with his skill already he would he an advanced character.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

I would sign up, but I only have time to do one story and I really wanna finish Blue before I start any other stories :D.
    The all new and improved Broadcasting Duo is here! We have a new banner, a new look and still more great improvements to come! What are you waiting for? Come on over and check us out! We promise, you won't be disappointed!
    www.broadcastingduo.com

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    GCEA Stats:
    Decimation Blue
    Galactic Diamond

Well I'll go ahead and give it a try - nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Story Version: Pearl
    Name: Becky
    Appearance: Coltish legs and arms, as she’s hit a growth spurt but hasn’t filled out yet. Thick brown hair usually pulled back in a ponytail, light freckles that disappear when she gets a tan. Bright green eyes and has a scar on her left bicep. Usually wears khaki pants or cargo shorts, bright shirts, and an array of ball caps.
    Height/Weight: Slightly short for her age, and average weight.
    Personality: Grew up around a lot of boys, not afraid of a tussle and a bit of a tomboy. Doesn’t hide that she’s a girl, and is good at kickball and running. Doesn’t stand for bullying and sticks up for people, but also isn’t afraid to put people in their place when they are wrong. Exceedingly curious about the world, especially exploring places like caves and mounains.
    Personal Traits that describe your character: Bright, bold, fair, curious.

Backstory: (required info- This section is extremely important because events will be added into the story based on your character and their goals and background.)
    1. Family: Two older and one younger brothers, no sisters. Both parents still living, one aunt in same town but no cousins; best friend Peter, most friends were her brothers’ friends and she had to fight to belong in the group. Wasn’t terribly close to her siblings but there was nobody else to play with, so she found her own diversions like reading and exploring the forest.
    2. Pokemon experience: Both her older brothers have starter Pokemon; her parents had a Miltank and Mareep for their hobby farm, and some of the other kids had befriended or been given Pokemon of their own.
    3. Past experience that has defined your character: A river near her hometown ran through an area of limestone and shale rock, and had carved out very small tunnels and caves. Kids were supposed to stay away from them, most of them only went in as far as the first room or two. One day, several kids went deeper on a dare and didn’t come back; Becky went in after them, found all four and led them back out. From this she learned that sometimes people need help to get out of their own bad situations, and that she should help them if she could because she might be the only one able to.
    4. Special Talents: Keen sense of direction. Not quite as clear as always knowing which way is north, but she usually knows which way she is going, or where she came from. Especially in nature she almost never gets lost, and even then can still find her way back.
    Special Pokemon: One of the few times she got lost outdoors was in the mountain foothills near town. She wandered too far to get home by dusk, and was disoriented by how different things looked in the moonlight. As she was about to give up, she caught sight of an Absol (though she didn’t know it at the time) on the next hilltop. It stared at her, then turned and walked down the far side of that hill.
    She followed it over several hills until she finally crested one, and rather than seeing it, spotted the lights of her town. Ever since then if she looks outside on the night of the full moon, she can catch a glimpse of it standing watch over her home.
    Personal Goals: Explore somewhere that no human has been, at least not in a long time.
    Pet Peeves: Bullies, nags, gossiping, lies.

Region: Johto
    Favorite Pokemon: Absol
    Favorite Type: Dark
    What starter Pokemon: Chimchar
    Drawing or Writing: Definitely prefer writing – novice at drawing, happy to try my hand but not count on it.
    Contest Starter: Totodile, if I can get it done in time.
    Side Notes: If meeting a legendary Pokemon is in the cards, Darkrai would be amazing.
    My resurrected stats (still under renovation!):
    http://forums.petalburgwoods.com/sho...3-Evan-s-Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Brettles View Post
    Story Version: Diamond

Name: Matthias Grand

Appearance: Mathias is 5' 7, and very thin. He looks almost malnourished, but has a wiry strength to him. He has short, bright blonde hair a little shaggy and unkempt. HHe has a plain looking face, no real beauty to be found, except in his peircing blue eyes.

He likes to wear black. Black pants black T-shirt and a black hoodie.

Height/Weight: As above.

Personality: Matthias doesn't trust easily. He has seen the dark side of too many people and just assumes that they will eventually show their true colours and betray him.

He protects himself from rejection by not seeking acceptance in the first place. He always has an exit plan, (for himself at least). If he needs to cut and run, he will. He believes in taking whatever he needs from where-ever and who ever he finds it. The world never did him any favours, so he owes nothing to anybody.

Personal Traits that describe your character: Judgemental, Secretive, Protective, Greedy.

Backstory:
    1. Family:

-(Mother) Mathilda Grand: Mum tried her best to raise her kids right, but with five of the the little terrors running around, it wasn't easy. She worked as a nurse at the local Pokemon center. She is kind and compassionate and one of the few people that Matthias feels guilty about letting down.
    -(Father) Gregory Grand: Dad worked as a laborer, but never made a lot of money. He sacrificed a lot for his family and always felt that he had let his wife and kids down. He now has to accept the fact that his oldest son is more successful than he is which is a blow to his ego.
    -(oldest Brother) Reginald Grand: Pokemon expert and second in command at the local Pokemon gym, looking to take over when the current gym leader retires. Very driven and family oriented. Reginald is the 'Golden child' of the family. The one who will bring them from the dirt to glory.
    -(2nd born Sister) Amelia Grand: After a youth running around and being a hooligan, including joining a biker gang, Amelia has settled down and joined the local Police force. She enforces the law fairly and fearlessly, although she has on occasion used her authority to pull Matthias out of a sticky legal situation. Amelia is Matthias' favorite person.
    -(3rd born) Matthias Grand
    -(4th born brother) Billy Grand: 13 year old Pokemon prodigy, already out on his Pokemon journey. Probably going to be a super-success, much to Matthias' annoyance.
    -(5th born brother) Harry Grand: 10 year old pain in the neck, always in trouble at school for trying out some of the stories that Matthias told him. Idolizes Matthias and tries to copy his bad-boy demeanor.
    2. Pokemon experience:
    Helping Mum with injured Pokemon. Watching his annoying brothers with their amazing Pokemon battling skills.

3. Past experience that has defined your character:
    When Matthias was ten years old he didn't have enough to eat. His family could barely afford two meals a day. One day when Matthias was walking through the local market he saw some delicious fresh bread sitting on a stall. He waited for the stall owner to look away and then grabbed a loaf and hid it under his jacket. He walked away and realized that no-one had seen him. he ate the bread and came to a new realization. If the rules wouldn't feed him, then the rules were not necessary. He would get whatever he needed, however he could. Since that day Matthias has developed a knack for taking things that don't belong to him.
    Matthias has had a few run ins with the law, but is usually able to talk his way out of a bad situation.

4. Special Talents:

Picking locks and general stealing skills.

Special Pokemon: Matthias has always liked the ability of a Meowth to sneak around and steal things.

Personal Goals: To become independent and free. Throw of the rules and shackles of society.

Pet Peeves: People telling him what to do. Stupid rules. Being hungry.

Region: Kanto

Favorite Pokemon: Sandile

Drawing or Writing: Writing or drawing as the mood hits me.

Contest Starter: Squirtle.

Side Notes:
    Your characters are always interesting man! Approved

Quote Originally Posted by evanfardreamer View Post
    Well I'll go ahead and give it a try - nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Story Version: Pearl
    Name: Becky
    Appearance: Coltish legs and arms, as she’s hit a growth spurt but hasn’t filled out yet. Thick brown hair usually pulled back in a ponytail, light freckles that disappear when she gets a tan. Bright green eyes and has a scar on her left bicep. Usually wears khaki pants or cargo shorts, bright shirts, and an array of ball caps.
    Height/Weight: Slightly short for her age, and average weight.
    Personality: Grew up around a lot of boys, not afraid of a tussle and a bit of a tomboy. Doesn’t hide that she’s a girl, and is good at kickball and running. Doesn’t stand for bullying and sticks up for people, but also isn’t afraid to put people in their place when they are wrong. Exceedingly curious about the world, especially exploring places like caves and mounains.
    Personal Traits that describe your character: Bright, bold, fair, curious.

Backstory: (required info- This section is extremely important because events will be added into the story based on your character and their goals and background.)
    1. Family: Two older and one younger brothers, no sisters. Both parents still living, one aunt in same town but no cousins; best friend Peter, most friends were her brothers’ friends and she had to fight to belong in the group. Wasn’t terribly close to her siblings but there was nobody else to play with, so she found her own diversions like reading and exploring the forest.
    2. Pokemon experience: Both her older brothers have starter Pokemon; her parents had a Miltank and Mareep for their hobby farm, and some of the other kids had befriended or been given Pokemon of their own.
    3. Past experience that has defined your character: A river near her hometown ran through an area of limestone and shale rock, and had carved out very small tunnels and caves. Kids were supposed to stay away from them, most of them only went in as far as the first room or two. One day, several kids went deeper on a dare and didn’t come back; Becky went in after them, found all four and led them back out. From this she learned that sometimes people need help to get out of their own bad situations, and that she should help them if she could because she might be the only one able to.
    4. Special Talents: Keen sense of direction. Not quite as clear as always knowing which way is north, but she usually knows which way she is going, or where she came from. Especially in nature she almost never gets lost, and even then can still find her way back.
    Special Pokemon: One of the few times she got lost outdoors was in the mountain foothills near town. She wandered too far to get home by dusk, and was disoriented by how different things looked in the moonlight. As she was about to give up, she caught sight of an Absol (though she didn’t know it at the time) on the next hilltop. It stared at her, then turned and walked down the far side of that hill.
    She followed it over several hills until she finally crested one, and rather than seeing it, spotted the lights of her town. Ever since then if she looks outside on the night of the full moon, she can catch a glimpse of it standing watch over her home.
    Personal Goals: Explore somewhere that no human has been, at least not in a long time.
    Pet Peeves: Bullies, nags, gossiping, lies.

Region: Johto
    Favorite Pokemon: Absol
    Drawing or Writing: Definitely prefer writing – novice at drawing, happy to try my hand but not count on it.
    Contest Starter: Totodile, if I can get it done in time.
    Side Notes: If meeting a legendary Pokemon is in the cards, Darkrai would be amazing.

Having a good sense of direction will probably be very useful in this story :) But be careful with the curiosity part.
    Approved !

Also if for some reason you cant do the story submission. You can still unlock the pokemon. The submission will be open to the start of the story next weekend. At that point everyone will still enter the new world with the pokemon. But the pokeball will be jammed. Once repair though youll have the pokemon to use. The incentive for writing the story is for points and for the pokemon right away.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    (Times like this it comes in handy already having a finished character for another RP that I didn't have the time to join. Some slight tweaking and voilŕ! Also, when is the deadline for the Writing event? I might have time to write it tomorrow, but I don't know if this is starting then? What I mean to say is, is there a more specific deadline than when GCEA starts?)

Story Version: Pearl? I really don’t mind which, but Pearl has more exclusives I like…

Name: Neith Nimr

Appearance: Neith has chestnut-brown skin and chin-length black hair with a strand of turquoise beads braided close to her left cheek. She has an average build, perhaps a bit on the short side. Her favorite clothes are a plain black short-sleeved shirt and trousers, with a navy blue jacket added when traveling.

Height/Weight: 5’3”, 116 pounds

Personality: Neith is very inquisitive, and once something catches her attention, she can become a bit obsessed with it. She is generally cheery and positive, and rarely gets angry or let others get to her. She spends most of her time online, and as such at times is slightly out of touch with the real world. She’s also not afraid to ignore any rules that she finds unnecessary.

Personal Traits that describe your character: Curious, obsessive, happy, bouncy, supportive, rebellious.

Backstory: Neith’s parents distrust with the Kalos education system led to Neith being home-schooled and taking online classes instead. As she grew up, she loved pokemon, helping her mother out whenever she could, and couldn’t wait until she could get her own. However, just before she was to get her own pokemon, she contracted a rare illness, causing her to miss her chance. Even after she recovered, her mother was too worried to let her leave, taking until recently to allow her to finally become a trainer.

1. Family: Neith’s mother, Sara Nimr, moved to Kalos after meeting her future husband, Liam Howard, where she works as a nurse in one of Lumiose City’s Pokemon Centers. Due to her job, she had little time to spend with Neith, and she was often called away when she did. Despite this, she is very supportive of her daughter, though a bit overprotective.

Her father, worked in the Kalos Power plant. After meeting Sara on a vacation to Unova, the two started dating, and eventually Sara moved to Kalos and the two were married, with him taking his wifes name. After Neith was born, Liam quit his job to focus on raising his daughter, becoming a stay-at-home dad and teacher.

2. Pokemon experience: Aside from the Porygon incident mentioned below, she learned a lot about how to care for injured pokemon from her mother due to her job.

3. Past experience that has defined your character: When she was 12, a few weeks before she was to get her first pokemon, Neith came down with a rare sickness, which caused her to be bedridden for close to a year. During this time she learned a lot about computers and how they work; starting with patching in dummied out content in video games, and moving on to coding her own add ons.

A couple of years later, she came across an abandoned Porygon 2; something had gone wrong in the evolution, and instead of it evolving normally, it had corrupted and glitched out, causing it to look halfway between Porygon 2 and Porygon Z. Neith took it home and attempted to help it, managing to do a “factory reset” back to it’s first form; a normal Porygon. Afterwards the family adopted it and seeing how Neith cared for it finally convinced Sara that her daughter was ready to become a real trainer.

4. Special Talents: PC coding/hacking.

Special Pokemon: The aforementioned Porygon? (Assuming that you mean we can’t have ones from Sinnoh instead of Kanto?)

Personal Goals: Meet lots of Pokemon and discover all she can about them, make some real-life friends.

Pet Peeves: People who break the rules to get an advantage themselves, People who abuser and/or abandon pokemon, Cars and other enclosed motor vehicles, or being stuck inside things full stop. (Travel sickness + Bedridden = this.)

Region: Kalos

Favorite Pokemon: Ninetales

Favorite Type: Fire

What starter Pokemon: Turtwig

Drawing or Writing: I’m fine with both. (And by fine I mean equally bad at :P)

Contest Starter: Fennekin

Side Notes:

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    (Times like this it comes in handy already having a finished character for another RP that I didn't have the time to join. Some slight tweaking and voilŕ! Also, when is the deadline for the Writing event? I might have time to write it tomorrow, but I don't know if this is starting then? What I mean to say is, is there a more specific deadline than when GCEA starts?)

Story Version: Pearl? I really don’t mind which, but Pearl has more exclusives I like…

Name: Neith Nimr

Appearance: Neith has chestnut-brown skin and chin-length black hair with a strand of turquoise beads braided close to her left cheek. She has an average build, perhaps a bit on the short side. Her favorite clothes are a plain black short-sleeved shirt and trousers, with a navy blue jacket added when traveling.

Height/Weight: 5’3”, 116 pounds

Personality: Neith is very inquisitive, and once something catches her attention, she can become a bit obsessed with it. She is generally cheery and positive, and rarely gets angry or let others get to her. She spends most of her time online, and as such at times is slightly out of touch with the real world. She’s also not afraid to ignore any rules that she finds unnecessary.

Personal Traits that describe your character: Curious, obsessive, happy, bouncy, supportive, rebellious.

Backstory: Neith’s parents distrust with the Kalos education system led to Neith being home-schooled and taking online classes instead. As she grew up, she loved pokemon, helping her mother out whenever she could, and couldn’t wait until she could get her own. However, just before she was to get her own pokemon, she contracted a rare illness, causing her to miss her chance. Even after she recovered, her mother was too worried to let her leave, taking until recently to allow her to finally become a trainer.

1. Family: Neith’s mother, Sara Nimr, moved to Kalos after meeting her future husband, Liam Howard, where she works as a nurse in one of Lumiose City’s Pokemon Centers. Due to her job, she had little time to spend with Neith, and she was often called away when she did. Despite this, she is very supportive of her daughter, though a bit overprotective.

Her father, worked in the Kalos Power plant. After meeting Sara on a vacation to Unova, the two started dating, and eventually Sara moved to Kalos and the two were married, with him taking his wifes name. After Neith was born, Liam quit his job to focus on raising his daughter, becoming a stay-at-home dad and teacher.

2. Pokemon experience: Aside from the Porygon incident mentioned below, she learned a lot about how to care for injured pokemon from her mother due to her job.

3. Past experience that has defined your character: When she was 12, a few weeks before she was to get her first pokemon, Neith came down with a rare sickness, which caused her to be bedridden for close to a year. During this time she learned a lot about computers and how they work; starting with patching in dummied out content in video games, and moving on to coding her own add ons.

A couple of years later, she came across an abandoned Porygon 2; something had gone wrong in the evolution, and instead of it evolving normally, it had corrupted and glitched out, causing it to look halfway between Porygon 2 and Porygon Z. Neith took it home and attempted to help it, managing to do a “factory reset” back to it’s first form; a normal Porygon. Afterwards the family adopted it and seeing how Neith cared for it finally convinced Sara that her daughter was ready to become a real trainer.

4. Special Talents: PC coding/hacking.

Special Pokemon: The aforementioned Porygon? (Assuming that you mean we can’t have ones from Sinnoh instead of Kanto?)

Personal Goals: Meet lots of Pokemon and discover all she can about them, make some real-life friends.

Pet Peeves: People who break the rules to get an advantage themselves, People who abuser and/or abandon pokemon, Cars and other enclosed motor vehicles, or being stuck inside things full stop. (Travel sickness + Bedridden = this.)

Region: Kalos

Favorite Pokemon: Ninetales

Favorite Type: Fire

What starter Pokemon: Turtwig

Drawing or Writing: I’m fine with both. (And by fine I mean equally bad at :P)

Contest Starter: Fennekin

Side Notes:

To what extent would Porygon be used by your character.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic