Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

GM Post @AWA1997

*Approved. Just make sure to update your card accounting for this post, and then post in the Pokebank*

Before you have a chance to celebrate your first Pokemon, another Pokemon has decided to join in the kerfuffle.

Starly

Name: Tony Joy
    Team Status: [Zuko- Torchic, Male (5/5)];[Ifrit- Chimchar, Female (5/5)];[unnamed- Kricketot, unknown (0/6)]
    Items: 4 pokeballs (-1)

Tony looked up at Ifrit, who was on his back. “I need you to weaken it, do you think you can do that?” he asked. The monkey pokemon nodded, hopping down. “Ifrit, use scratch!” As the monkey slashed at the bug, taking out most of its power instantly, Tony primed the pokeball. Then, when the kricketot was about to attack with the last of its energy, Tony hurled the pokeball at it. As the pokemon was pulled into the ball, a bird pokemon swooped in trying to catch it, but was too slow. This ticked off the bird, who confronted Tony. After batting away the angry bird, Tony decided to send Zuko in to weaken this one, priming the pokeball already.

Pokémon using: Torchic
    Pokémon trying to catch: Starly
    Point Requirement: 5
    Item Being Used/Quantity: Pokeball
    Points On Hand: 9
    Points After: 4

Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (11/14) Emperor (0/5)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Route 202
    Time: 8:30am
    Day: 2
    Date: September 7th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Renny, Kinnie, Matthias

@AWA1997 *Approved*

As I was battling the idiot on the bike, Tony had managed to catch two Pokemon. A Starly and a Kricketot.

"Nice one!" I said, "What're you going to name them?"

I looked back at Wolverine, who didn't seem used to his new size.
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:32 AM.

Name: Tony Joy
    Team Status: [Zuko- Torchic, Male (5/5)];[Ifrit- Chimchar, Female (5/5)];[Eunomos- Kricketot, Male (0/6)];[Vedfolnir- Starly, Male (0/5)]
    Items: 3 pokeballs

Tony had Zuko scratch the starly, and just as before, he caught the pokemon right before it used the last of its power to retaliate.

@Desolate Divine
    Sophie came over and asked him what he would name them. He stopped to think for a moment. “For the bird... Vedfolnir.” he said confidently. “For the bug... I have no clue, let me check something.” He opened his pokedex and it told him of the musical sound the bug makes. After thinking for a moment more, he decided. “Eunomos.” he answered. “Vedfolnir and Eunomos”.
    Last edited by AWA1997; 01-29-2019 at 09:23 AM.

Name: Kinnie Gutamen
    Pokémon: (1/6)
    | Hannig♂ | 5/5
    Total Posts: 14

While Kinnie was busy brushing herself off, Sophie got pulled into an argument with a cyclist, Blondie freaked out about the giant bug pokémon that suddenly materialised from within the grass, and a small blue and black pokemon leaped out at her.

"Shinx!" it cried as it assumed a defensive stance. Its large oval ears twitched slightly as Hannig, seeing it appear from nearby, began to charge directly towards it. The blue pokemon managed to dodge out of the way but Hannig turned around and tackled into it immediately after.

Kinnie stared, unsure what to do.

"Aww, it's so cute! You gotta catch it, Kinnie!" Blondie shouted, before shouting again at yet another insectoid pokemon coming within range of him.

Kinnie watched as both Sophie and Blondie commanded their pokemon to fight, while one of the boys - Tony, she thought - threw a poke ball at his bug pokemon. Kinnie knew this to be capturing a pokemon, though she had never done it before.

Her turtwig once again rammed into the shinx, who tackled back. Kinnie withdrew a vacant poke ball from the collection that she had received from the professor, and took aim.

Pokémon using: Hannig the Turtwig
    Pokémon trying to catch: Shinx
    Point Requirement: 8
    Item Being Used/Quantity: 1 Poké ball
    Points On Hand: 14
    Points After: 6

She watched with mild anticipation as the poké ball rocked back and forth, softly beating with the glow of the centre ring.

Trainer Renny Thomas
    Team Status

Valerie (5/5), Cornelius(5/5)

Partner Pokemon:

Arnny (f)(5/5)
    Egg: --- (Steps to Hatch ??/??)
    [U]Items:
    Spoiler:

Health Items

Pokeballs
    Normal Pokeball: 4

*Sorry not up to date on the happenings in this story other than the main post

I had spent the rest of the night out with the pokemon working on our filming strategy. When it finally seemed late I headed back and got sleep. In the morning the others were primed and ready to go so I got my stuff ready and followed before leaving we had received a new trainer set which included the Pokedex from this region. Oddly enough the pokeballs here were slightly different than mine. I guess maybe the colors just didn't matter. I looked around at the others trying to see if others had different designs from there world. I didn't say much choosing the back of the group for the most part. With the both the camera and the camcorder charged I choose to stick with just the camera from now keeping and eye open for anything of interest. When all of sudden a pokemon appeared. I lifted up my Pokedex

"Kriketot, Its legs are short. Whenever it stumbles, its stiff antennae clack with a xylophone-like sound".

Hmm, a sound based pokemon. We didn't have musical pokemon where I was from. Since it was a bug type I figured Chimchar would be my best bet to help catch it. I wasn't sure about beating it down. A good sound guy/girl was going to be hard to find out here.

"Let's try to confuse it with flash fire," I called out realizing that wasn't a move

chimchar jumped onto the tree and quickly climbed up. One of the few things we had time to practice last night was ways to add suspense using his natural gifts. Chimchar used his moves to swing and kick knocking leaves out of the tree. As he fell he spit out a little ember lighting up the trees. The burning leaves didn't fall exactly how I wanted but it was a good sign that it could work. I was lucky to be recording the leaves fall and causes the little cricket type to get confused. It was at that his point I had Chimchar jump down and ko the little bug who seemed to confused to flee

Item Claim: New Trainer Kit
    Name: Renny
    TC: In Sig

Pokemon Battle
    Pokemon Using: Chimchar (5/5)
    Pokemon opponent: Kricketot (6/6)
    Item Being Used/Quantity: 1 Poké ball
    Points After: 8

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Senior Moderator

GM Post
    @Noblejanobii
    After you deal with the first Pokemon, it isn't too long before you find yourself face to face with another...

A Wild Pokemon Appears!

Starly
    @Rival Max
    After capturing your first Pokemon, you find a moment of peace, where you are able to take in the scenery around you. Trainers have just caught their first Pokemon, some have won battles. Maybe now would be a good opportunity for some good footage.
    @Shruikan
    As you are reading the terms and conditions of the voucher you just found, your attention is pulled away by the sound of a Pokemon...

A Wild Pokemon Appears!

Starly

Trainer Renny Thomas
    Team Status
    Valerie (5/5), Cornelius(5/5), Fiddle(6/6)

Partner Pokemon:

Arnny (f)(5/5)
    Egg: --- (Steps to Hatch ??/??)
    [U]Items:
    Spoiler:

Health Items

Pokeballs
    Normal Pokeball: 4

I recorded the first capture as if no one had ever captured a pokemon before. I don't know why I felt excited by it. Maybe it was because the move had worked and the effect had almost been perfect. It was visually and worked as a solid distraction. I picked up the newly caught pokemon and put the ball into my bag. I then turned my attention (Through some suggestion of god lol) To the other trainers.

When the bird type pokemon Starly appeared flying around. I got my next change to film. Lifting up the Pokedex I scanned the pokemon.
    "Starly, The Starling Pokemon, Because they are weak individually, they form groups. However, they bicker if the group grows too big."

So Starly's preferred numbers but could end up distracting each other.
    "Odd, they annoy each other socially as people do," I said looking at Arnny

She just shrugged.

My focus turned to the trainer Amy who I hadn't gotten to know yet. Her choices in pokemon were both water types. Water types were slower in nature on land but had awesome movesets. I lived up the camera checking out what the trainer might do to capture the pokemon.

@Noblejanobii

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (5/5)
    [Totodile, Male]
    Terry (5/5)
    [Piplup, Male]
    Items: 5 Pokeballs (-2 = 3)

Amy gladly took the new trainer kit. Man was Brent going to be jealous when he saw this new pokedex. Allowing Hunter to rest on her shoulders, Amy picked up Terry and took a deep breath. Alright. No time for tears now. It was time to make Theresa proud and get back home.

Item Claim
    Name: Amy Risa
    Item Claimed: New Trainer Kit
    Stats: In Sig

The air was crisp in the early spring as they walked onto Route 202. It was her first steps on her real pokemon journey. Immediately Amy found herself confronted with her first opponent, a kricketot. She smirked. She had a friend who was from Sinnoh originally who absolutely loved the Kricketot line. It wasn't the best battler, but it'd do. "Alright, Hunter, let's catch this guy. We need to expand our team a little, don't you agree?" The totodile cheered before leaping off Amy's shoulders into battle. Landing on all fours, Hunter swished his tail back and forth in the air.

"Just weaken it! Go in for the scratch!" Amy instructed. Hunter charged forward, ducking out of the way of the kricketot's attack and slashing his small claws across it. The kricketot stumbled and fell. Amy pulled out one of the pokeballs and enlarged it. She had never been good at throwing these, but Theresa had helped her with her accuracy back in Kalos. Now it was time for the real deal test. Winding her arm back, Amy threw the pokeball at the kricketot.

Pokémon using: Totodile
    Pokémon trying to catch: Kricketot
    Point Requirement: 6
    Points After: 8

Amy saw the ball make contact, but was quickly distracted as Terry began to wriggle around in her arms. Amy glanced up just in time to duck out of the way of a starly diving towards her. Looks like she had just stolen its lunch. Now this was a pokemon she was more familiar with. "Theresa always said these guys were very reliable battlers, especially when fully evolved." Amy looked down at Terry and smiled. "You want a shot to battle too?" The piplup nodded and leapt from her arms.

"Okay, Terry!" Amy watched as the Starly circled. "We need to knock it out of the sky if this is going to work. You know bubble right?" The piplup gave a short nod. "Then let it rip!" Terry tilted his head back before launching a stream of bubbles at the starly. The bird was fast, ducking and weaving through the barrage. However, Amy was smarter. "Aim ahead of it! Fire now!" Terry shot another bubble attack ahead of the starly, this time the attack hitting and knocking it to the ground. Amy didn't hesitate, tossing another ball at the weakened pokemon.

Pokémon using: Piplup
    Pokémon trying to catch: Starly
    Point Requirement: 5
    Points On Hand: 8
    Points After: 3
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (11/14) Emperor (0/5)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Route 202
    Time: 10am
    Day: 2
    Date: September 7th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Renny, Kinnie, Matthias
    @Noblejanobii

*Approved, but your points from posting is 1 point off, so add one to your point totals. After that, adjust the trainer card accounting for captures*

As people caught their Pokemon (@Shruikan, just catch your Starly when you see this), we soon moved along.

The travel for the most part was quiet, with the odd conversation breaking the silence.

Before too long we found ourselves looking at a large group of people. The signs nearby read "Beginners Cup".

I found someone who looked official and got their attention.

"Hey, what's the deal here?" I asked.

"The beginners cup is open to any trainers who received their trainer card in the last three days. It is designed to give trainers some experience in battling in a safe environment, whilst gradually increasing the level of difficulty to force trainers to think more about tactics with battling." the official explained, "There are three rounds, with prizes for winning. You can pay 5 points to participate in all three rounds, or pay 2 points per round. We will heal your Pokemon at the start, and after each round."

Once the official left, I turned to the others.

"We are making good time, so how do you guys feel about getting involved in this?" I asked.

Beginner's Cup sign up form
    Name:
    Rounds Paying for: (You can fill this form up again later to get additional rounds. This is to allow people to earn points posting and spend them if they are short on points after catching Pokemon)
    Cost: (2 per round or 5 for all three)
    Stats:
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:32 AM.