Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TH24's Art Hub

Spoiler:

Above

= = =

Pumpkaboo patch ride!
    A drawing I did for Halloween a few years ago!

= = =

Dez
    This one was a commission.

- Keep trying - Keep smiling - Keep climbing -

2. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Rayquaza is saying, "Where's your god now?"

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

4. This post has been liked by:

Do NOT eat the banana cake arnisd's Avatar
    Ooh got a guide for the grass and trees in the last one? Or just some tips on how to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by arnisd View Post
    Ooh got a guide for the grass and trees in the last one? Or just some tips on how to do it?
    Hi arnisd! Unfortunately I don't have any process screenshots or anything for that one, but I can try to offer some advice at the very least!

It's been a few years since I've drawn it, but I do remember using a few different custom-made brushes in Photoshop that I've created - the short and taller grasses specifically. Creating your own brushes is such a wonderful PS feature and really helps you to save time on whatever it is you're working on.

Something else I'd like to mention is to start off with your base colors - whether it be through characters, objects, or even the surrounding scenery - and then work on giving your subject dimension by way of shadows, highlights, and so forth. In this case I started off focusing on just a small clump of grass, and once I had the shading and rough highlights in, I duplicated the same grass clump many times over throughout the scene in order to achieve what I wanted. It also helps to skew each group a bit - shrink it, squash it, reflect it, etc. You'll create the illusion of variation! And again, you'll save time. Remember, sometimes it's best to work smarter, not harder!

Of course, you may still want to take that extra bit of time to add in some detailing maunally, without any tricks. It depends on the situation. At least, that's what I've found out through the years.

There's soooo much more that I could cover, but that was all off the top of my head at the moment. Regardless, I hope this helps you!

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I swear these are beyond movie poster quality. You've got some CRAZY level of quality there! And yeah, I agree having custom Photoshop brushes is a major help.

Epic work again, you awesome art savant!

Do NOT eat the banana cake arnisd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TotodileHop24 View Post
    Hi arnisd! Unfortunately I don't have any process screenshots or anything for that one, but I can try to offer some advice at the very least!

It's been a few years since I've drawn it, but I do remember using a few different custom-made brushes in Photoshop that I've created - the short and taller grasses specifically. Creating your own brushes is such a wonderful PS feature and really helps you to save time on whatever it is you're working on.

Something else I'd like to mention is to start off with your base colors - whether it be through characters, objects, or even the surrounding scenery - and then work on giving your subject dimension by way of shadows, highlights, and so forth. In this case I started off focusing on just a small clump of grass, and once I had the shading and rough highlights in, I duplicated the same grass clump many times over throughout the scene in order to achieve what I wanted. It also helps to skew each group a bit - shrink it, squash it, reflect it, etc. You'll create the illusion of variation! And again, you'll save time. Remember, sometimes it's best to work smarter, not harder!

Of course, you may still want to take that extra bit of time to add in some detailing maunally, without any tricks. It depends on the situation. At least, that's what I've found out through the years.

There's soooo much more that I could cover, but that was all off the top of my head at the moment. Regardless, I hope this helps you!
    Mhmm figured you'd start from a base color and then do shading, hadn't thought of copy pasting a patch before. Custom brushes are indeed probably helpfull. I can say it helped :p, to what extend I don't know really xD

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Wowww beautiful art! I especially love the Halloween one! The lighting is really nice. It was cool reading about how you do the grass! Great to see that you're still drawing and better than ever! :)
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I swear these are beyond movie poster quality. You've got some CRAZY level of quality there! And yeah, I agree having custom Photoshop brushes is a major help.

Epic work again, you awesome art savant!
    Thanks again Neo, that's very kind of you to say! ^^

Yes, I love experimenting with brushes and discovering the fun effects that they can create. Someday if I remember to I'll post a screenshot or two of some of my favorite brushes to use while I'm working!

Quote Originally Posted by arnisd View Post
    Mhmm figured you'd start from a base color and then do shading, hadn't thought of copy pasting a patch before. Custom brushes are indeed probably helpfull. I can say it helped :p, to what extend I don't know really xD
    If you have any other questions, please don't be afraid to ask me! I'll do my best to answer them. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Wowww beautiful art! I especially love the Halloween one! The lighting is really nice. It was cool reading about how you do the grass! Great to see that you're still drawing and better than ever! :)
    Nice to see you again Sarah! Thank you!! I loved working on that Halloween drawing.. shading and highlighting have to be my favorite part of the drawing process. I love the challenge that it can bring.

Thanks for viewing my artwork! o/

Happy Friday! Posting two more drawings... smile everyone!

Spoiler:

Paper partner selfie

= = =

Another Paper partner selfie

12. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Wow, the colors on those! Definitely high on eye candy there! :3

Also, Yoshi = best Mario character ever.