Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Moderator

You have another week to enter, so send in a story!
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    That's a very sweet story! I'm sure @Chakramaster's face lit up reading it.

P.S. You people can set your own damn tables. I refuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    You even included my personal tagline!

Thanks for the smiles, that was a cute little story. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    How’d you know I love baking cakes? Very cute! I love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Altaria View Post
    Aww this is adorable! xD I'd have a hard time trying not to smile or laugh as I was lying about being punished, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    I love it! It was so cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    This is very sweet--thanks for the entry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    That was such an adorable story! I'd love to bring cookies and snacks. =D You are awesome, Cleobel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Aww, such a wonderful and happy story! Thank you for the wonderful story and big joyful surprise! I loved it and thought it was adorable! ^^
    Thank you very much for your comments! I'm so glad you like my story! :D

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

3. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Winter's Samhain

Spoiler:
    Leon looked at Tyson with worry. His older brother had been bedridden for days. At first, they thought it was food poisoning but now they weren’t so sure. Alain had left not too long ago with Cedric to go fetch an actual specialized doctor to figure out what was wrong. Leon was charged to take care of him while they were gone.

Tyson let out a long groan, prompting Leon to swap out the washcloth on his forehead with a damper one. He squeezed Tyson’s hand and glanced at the clock. It was getting late. Alain and Cedric should’ve been back by now. Still, they did say if it got late to try and feed Tyson some soup.

Leon wheeled his chair away from the bed and slowly made his way to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, he pulled out some chicken noodle soup, reheated it, then brought it back to Tyson. He tried to spoon feed it to Tyson, but his older brother refused to take it. After a few tries, Leon stopped and set the soup aside. He sighed and leaned back in his chair. He was tired. Maybe he could nap for just a bit. Leon felt himself drifting off as his eyes closed, a yawn escaping his lips before he fell asleep.

“Leon!! Leon wake up!”

Leon was startled away at the sound of someone calling his name. He glanced around, realizing he was still in his brother’s home. Though something about it felt different. Was the woodwork always so elaborate?

He looked over at Tyson and all the blood drained from his face. Tyson was pale as snow and covered in thick black vines with thorns driving into all parts of his body. It seemed to be draining his energy!
    “Leon!” Leon’s attention snapped to the door of the room. Alain was standing in the entryway in his usual yukata, holding his staff with a somewhat tight grip. “Oh, I’m so glad you didn’t eat dinner yet.” Alain looked at Tyson with worry and shook his head. “This is all my fault. I poisoned Tyson and the kids.”

“Poison? What? How?”

Alain pointed at the untouched bowl of chicken noodle soup. “The food has been afflicted with the curse of Samhain. When I was harvesting vegetables and herbs from the garden, I collected the food after Samhain was past because I saw how much riper it was compared to the food harvested beforehand.”

“Is that… wrong?” Leon asked. He was very confused. What was the Samhain Alain kept referring to? Was it a new legendary? A holiday? Some sort of foreign festival?

“Yes!” Alain cried, the despair evident in his voice. “Once Samhain has passed the fairies curse all the unharvested food and anyone who picks it is cursed! Every food in their home is poisoned and all it’s occupants will die from its effects.”

Leon straightened in his chair. Fairies? Like fairy types? Wasn’t Alain technically a fairy type? Still, this was a dire situation. “What can I do to help?”

Alain shook his head and said, “I don’t know. Perhaps if you could track down the fairies, they could lift the curse. But I don’t know how you could even locate them.” He paused and let out a long sigh. “Do you mind if I take a shift with him? You can go hang out with Vinny for a while if you like.”

“Alright…” Leon reluctantly wheeled past Alain and exited the bedroom. Alain closed the door behind him as he left, leaving Leon to his own devices. The news about Samhain was confusing. But perhaps there was something that could be done. He just had to think on it. He nodded to himself. He would go to Vinny’s then. He always thought clearly when he was painting with Vinny.

Gathering his sketchbook and a few other things, Leon wheeled out of his home and began to head down the path towards Vinny’s workshop. As he gazed around, something felt off about the world around him. The trees were all green and sparkling, filled with chittering pokemon that seemed more jovial than usual. The people too looked different. While gijinka fashion certainly wasn’t his field of expertise, he couldn’t remember the last time people carried around lutes and wore tights on the regular.

Leon watched curiously as a pair of gijinkas skipped past in a fantastical manner. He shrugged. Nacrene City was always an artsy city. Maybe that’s just how things were. The fashions and tastes of the world changed practically every day! Leon smiled and enjoyed the scenery before arriving at Vinny’s workshop on the edge of town.

He knocked on the door and waited patiently. “Coming!” called Vinny. The door swung open revealing a drampa gijinka with the warmest smile Leon had ever seen. “Oh bambino! What a pleasant surprise. Please come in.” He stepped out of the doorway to allow Leon inside.

Leon wheeled inside Vinny’s workshop and looked around before turning his attention back to Vinny. “Is it alright if I paint today? I need to think on something.”

“Of course, bambino.” Vinny helped set up the paints and canvas for Leon, then left him to his devices as he began to paint Tyson’s portrait from memory.

Leon pursed his lips as he thought over everything. Where could these supposed fairies be? Where would fairies that curse food reside? Leon glanced over at Vinny. Well he appeared dressed relatively normally. He looked back at his painting and started to get into a zone.

“Yo Lee!”

Leon snapped out of his focus and glanced over his shoulder. His breath caught in his throat. He recognized the voice as his boyfriend, Terrance. But the appearance didn’t match what Leon remembered. Usually in a hoodie and pants, Terrance now wore leotard and tights with puffy sleeves and a bard’s hat. Still, per usual, he was holding several spray paint cans on his waist. What in the world was going on?

“Terrance?” Leon asked in confusion.

“Hey,” Terrance answered and kissed his forehead. “What’s bothering you? You only paint like this when you’ve got something on your mind.”

Leon let out a long sigh and shrugged. “Tyson’s sick. Something to do with Samhain’s curse. I’m trying to figure out how to lift it.”

“Samhain’s curse?” Vinny asked, approaching the two. “Oh dear, that’s no good. We will definitely have to speak to the fairies about this.”

Leon glanced at Terrance before giving Vinny a confused look. “You know the fairies? But how?”

Vinny gave a nervous laugh and waved the question off. “It’s not important. But yes, I do. I could take you to them if you want to appeal Tyson’s case. I’m sure they would be in favor.”

Leon put his paint supplies down and looked at the unfinished painting of Tyson. He nodded and puffed up in determination. “Let’s do this. Whatever mountain passes I must cross, rivers I must swim across, and forests I must traverse, I will do it. I will save Tyson!”

Vinny ruffled Leon’s hair a little. “That’s nice, bambino, but we don’t need to do anything like that.” He gestured for Terrance and Leon to follow him towards the back of his workshop. They exited and began to head towards the forest. However, they stopped just inside.

Leon swore it was now much darker than when they just outside the forest not even a few feet away. Yet, it felt like he was in an entirely different realm. Leon turned to ask Vinny how he was able to find this place but paused when he saw Vinny’s troubled expression. “Something wrong?” he asked.

Vinny gazed over the forest and answered, “It’s just a feeling. Come, let us go further in first.” Vinny took the lead, guiding the onix and whimsicott gijinkas through the forest quickly. Leon could catch glimpses of buildings and structures if he looked closely enough at the trees. It was hard to focus on though, almost as if because he wasn’t a fairy himself, the trees made it hard for him to see. Leon looked ahead of them again when he heard Terrance gasp in shock. Leon’s eyebrows drew together. He couldn’t see anything but judging by Terrance’s reaction there was something there.

The trio came to a stop and Vinny reached out in front of him. Suddenly a door seemed to open out of nothingness. Perhaps because Vinny’s heritage and Terrance being part fairy, they were able to see something he was not. Vinny stepped inside, leading them further into what appeared to be a castle. Gold walls rose up everywhere that Leon could see, covered with ornate patterns and pictures of royal figures Leon had never seen before. Was this the kingdom of the fairies?

As they walked down the halls, a servant floated by. He only cast the group a passing glance before doing a double take. “Signore Vincenzo! You’ve returned!”

Vinny seemed startled at the title. A broad smile crossed his face and he bowed a little. “Yes, but only for a short time. Do you know if Lord Hughes is available now?” The servant seemed perplexed and troubled, pondering his response for a moment. This prompted Vinny to continue further. “Or is he busy with Lord Mason?”

The servant shook his head. “No sir! Just… things have changed since you left.”

Vinny tilted his head to the side. “What do you mean?”

“An evil witch cursed our ruler! And now… he is not always himself,” the servant explained. “Sometimes instead he is a darker version of himself. That is who is ruling right now. I would suggest waiting a few days for him to switch back,” he cautioned.

Vinny cast a glance and noted the concern on Leon’s face. “Unfortunately, we cannot wait.” He signaled for them to resume following him. “Let us speak with this new ruler.”

Vinny lead them to the end of the hall and pushed open the large doors that led into the main throne room. Leon was taken aback by the sheer amount of guards in the room, but his attention quickly focused on the main in the golden chair across the room.

His hair was messy and his eyes filled with pride. He gave them a condescending look and mumbled something to one of his guards. He then returned his gaze to the trio and said, “Leave. You rabble are not worth my time.”

“Please, your highness, we just need a moment,” Vinny protested.

“And you get none. Out.”

“But I need you to lift a Samhain’s curse!” Leon interjected.

The ruler looked at Leon curiously before splitting into another grin. “Oh? Is that so? My my you should lead with these kinds of things.”

“I don’t like the sound of that,” Terrance mumbled.

“Fetch the truth berries!” Two guards rushed out of the room only to return with two small bowls of white berries. “I’ll give you an offer since I’m a bit bored and Samhain’s curses are always so fun.” The ruler gestured to the bowls. “I’ll ask questions. For each lie you tell, you and your friends eat a berry until you die or I run out of questions. Good? Good. Let’s begin. What is your favorite color?”

“Uhhh!” Leon panicked and blurted, “Silver!” He winced. That was a lie. It was a red.

“Ah! A lie. Berries all of you,” the ruler commanded.

Leon reluctantly took a berry and swallowed it, the large object sliding down his throat slowly. He could almost feel it in his gut too. Disgusting.

“What is your relationship with your brother?”

“Mmm okay I guess. We care for each other a lot but he can be overbearing at times which is not fun.”

“How does your brother like your boyfriends?”

“He doesn’t. Plain and simple.”

“Even I know that one’s not a lie,” Terrance chimed in.

“Why are you here?”

“To free him from Samhain’s curse!”

“Do you really want to?”

“Welll uh-“

Do you want to?

“Ummm a little!”

The ruler paused and nodded. He snapped and the guards backed away. Motioning Leon closer, the ruler picked up a bag and said, “This contains fairy dust. I will throw it on you and it should be enough to heal your brother.”

Leon gave a strong nod. “Okay. No matter what the side effects, do it.”

The man nodded and proceeded to pour the entire thing on Leon. Suddenly, everything went black.

Leon sat up with a gasp and looked around. He was back in Tyson’s room. And it looked normal! Except Tyson was gone! Leon panicked and began to wheel downstairs when he saw Tyson with Alain in the hall. “Oh thank goodness!” he cried.

Alain looked over and smiled. “Good you finally woke up! Tyson’s made a somewhat miraculous recovery so we were thinking of eating out to celebrate. But we didn’t want to interrupt whatever cool dream you were having.”

Leon stared at them in confusion. Had that been a dream? He supposed that made more sense than a fairy healing his brother. But still, the tights and leotards were very convincing. Perhaps he could see Terrance in those clothes again someday. Though it’s probably not very likely.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

5. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

That was an interesting story--thanks for entering.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Winter's Samhain

Spoiler:
    Leon looked at Tyson with worry. His older brother had been bedridden for days. At first, they thought it was food poisoning but now they weren’t so sure. Alain had left not too long ago with Cedric to go fetch an actual specialized doctor to figure out what was wrong. Leon was charged to take care of him while they were gone.

Tyson let out a long groan, prompting Leon to swap out the washcloth on his forehead with a damper one. He squeezed Tyson’s hand and glanced at the clock. It was getting late. Alain and Cedric should’ve been back by now. Still, they did say if it got late to try and feed Tyson some soup.

Leon wheeled his chair away from the bed and slowly made his way to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, he pulled out some chicken noodle soup, reheated it, then brought it back to Tyson. He tried to spoon feed it to Tyson, but his older brother refused to take it. After a few tries, Leon stopped and set the soup aside. He sighed and leaned back in his chair. He was tired. Maybe he could nap for just a bit. Leon felt himself drifting off as his eyes closed, a yawn escaping his lips before he fell asleep.

“Leon!! Leon wake up!”

Leon was startled away at the sound of someone calling his name. He glanced around, realizing he was still in his brother’s home. Though something about it felt different. Was the woodwork always so elaborate?

He looked over at Tyson and all the blood drained from his face. Tyson was pale as snow and covered in thick black vines with thorns driving into all parts of his body. It seemed to be draining his energy!
    “Leon!” Leon’s attention snapped to the door of the room. Alain was standing in the entryway in his usual yukata, holding his staff with a somewhat tight grip. “Oh, I’m so glad you didn’t eat dinner yet.” Alain looked at Tyson with worry and shook his head. “This is all my fault. I poisoned Tyson and the kids.”

“Poison? What? How?”

Alain pointed at the untouched bowl of chicken noodle soup. “The food has been afflicted with the curse of Samhain. When I was harvesting vegetables and herbs from the garden, I collected the food after Samhain was past because I saw how much riper it was compared to the food harvested beforehand.”

“Is that… wrong?” Leon asked. He was very confused. What was the Samhain Alain kept referring to? Was it a new legendary? A holiday? Some sort of foreign festival?

“Yes!” Alain cried, the despair evident in his voice. “Once Samhain has passed the fairies curse all the unharvested food and anyone who picks it is cursed! Every food in their home is poisoned and all it’s occupants will die from its effects.”

Leon straightened in his chair. Fairies? Like fairy types? Wasn’t Alain technically a fairy type? Still, this was a dire situation. “What can I do to help?”

Alain shook his head and said, “I don’t know. Perhaps if you could track down the fairies, they could lift the curse. But I don’t know how you could even locate them.” He paused and let out a long sigh. “Do you mind if I take a shift with him? You can go hang out with Vinny for a while if you like.”

“Alright…” Leon reluctantly wheeled past Alain and exited the bedroom. Alain closed the door behind him as he left, leaving Leon to his own devices. The news about Samhain was confusing. But perhaps there was something that could be done. He just had to think on it. He nodded to himself. He would go to Vinny’s then. He always thought clearly when he was painting with Vinny.

Gathering his sketchbook and a few other things, Leon wheeled out of his home and began to head down the path towards Vinny’s workshop. As he gazed around, something felt off about the world around him. The trees were all green and sparkling, filled with chittering pokemon that seemed more jovial than usual. The people too looked different. While gijinka fashion certainly wasn’t his field of expertise, he couldn’t remember the last time people carried around lutes and wore tights on the regular.

Leon watched curiously as a pair of gijinkas skipped past in a fantastical manner. He shrugged. Nacrene City was always an artsy city. Maybe that’s just how things were. The fashions and tastes of the world changed practically every day! Leon smiled and enjoyed the scenery before arriving at Vinny’s workshop on the edge of town.

He knocked on the door and waited patiently. “Coming!” called Vinny. The door swung open revealing a drampa gijinka with the warmest smile Leon had ever seen. “Oh bambino! What a pleasant surprise. Please come in.” He stepped out of the doorway to allow Leon inside.

Leon wheeled inside Vinny’s workshop and looked around before turning his attention back to Vinny. “Is it alright if I paint today? I need to think on something.”

“Of course, bambino.” Vinny helped set up the paints and canvas for Leon, then left him to his devices as he began to paint Tyson’s portrait from memory.

Leon pursed his lips as he thought over everything. Where could these supposed fairies be? Where would fairies that curse food reside? Leon glanced over at Vinny. Well he appeared dressed relatively normally. He looked back at his painting and started to get into a zone.

“Yo Lee!”

Leon snapped out of his focus and glanced over his shoulder. His breath caught in his throat. He recognized the voice as his boyfriend, Terrance. But the appearance didn’t match what Leon remembered. Usually in a hoodie and pants, Terrance now wore leotard and tights with puffy sleeves and a bard’s hat. Still, per usual, he was holding several spray paint cans on his waist. What in the world was going on?

“Terrance?” Leon asked in confusion.

“Hey,” Terrance answered and kissed his forehead. “What’s bothering you? You only paint like this when you’ve got something on your mind.”

Leon let out a long sigh and shrugged. “Tyson’s sick. Something to do with Samhain’s curse. I’m trying to figure out how to lift it.”

“Samhain’s curse?” Vinny asked, approaching the two. “Oh dear, that’s no good. We will definitely have to speak to the fairies about this.”

Leon glanced at Terrance before giving Vinny a confused look. “You know the fairies? But how?”

Vinny gave a nervous laugh and waved the question off. “It’s not important. But yes, I do. I could take you to them if you want to appeal Tyson’s case. I’m sure they would be in favor.”

Leon put his paint supplies down and looked at the unfinished painting of Tyson. He nodded and puffed up in determination. “Let’s do this. Whatever mountain passes I must cross, rivers I must swim across, and forests I must traverse, I will do it. I will save Tyson!”

Vinny ruffled Leon’s hair a little. “That’s nice, bambino, but we don’t need to do anything like that.” He gestured for Terrance and Leon to follow him towards the back of his workshop. They exited and began to head towards the forest. However, they stopped just inside.

Leon swore it was now much darker than when they just outside the forest not even a few feet away. Yet, it felt like he was in an entirely different realm. Leon turned to ask Vinny how he was able to find this place but paused when he saw Vinny’s troubled expression. “Something wrong?” he asked.

Vinny gazed over the forest and answered, “It’s just a feeling. Come, let us go further in first.” Vinny took the lead, guiding the onix and whimsicott gijinkas through the forest quickly. Leon could catch glimpses of buildings and structures if he looked closely enough at the trees. It was hard to focus on though, almost as if because he wasn’t a fairy himself, the trees made it hard for him to see. Leon looked ahead of them again when he heard Terrance gasp in shock. Leon’s eyebrows drew together. He couldn’t see anything but judging by Terrance’s reaction there was something there.

The trio came to a stop and Vinny reached out in front of him. Suddenly a door seemed to open out of nothingness. Perhaps because Vinny’s heritage and Terrance being part fairy, they were able to see something he was not. Vinny stepped inside, leading them further into what appeared to be a castle. Gold walls rose up everywhere that Leon could see, covered with ornate patterns and pictures of royal figures Leon had never seen before. Was this the kingdom of the fairies?

As they walked down the halls, a servant floated by. He only cast the group a passing glance before doing a double take. “Signore Vincenzo! You’ve returned!”

Vinny seemed startled at the title. A broad smile crossed his face and he bowed a little. “Yes, but only for a short time. Do you know if Lord Hughes is available now?” The servant seemed perplexed and troubled, pondering his response for a moment. This prompted Vinny to continue further. “Or is he busy with Lord Mason?”

The servant shook his head. “No sir! Just… things have changed since you left.”

Vinny tilted his head to the side. “What do you mean?”

“An evil witch cursed our ruler! And now… he is not always himself,” the servant explained. “Sometimes instead he is a darker version of himself. That is who is ruling right now. I would suggest waiting a few days for him to switch back,” he cautioned.

Vinny cast a glance and noted the concern on Leon’s face. “Unfortunately, we cannot wait.” He signaled for them to resume following him. “Let us speak with this new ruler.”

Vinny lead them to the end of the hall and pushed open the large doors that led into the main throne room. Leon was taken aback by the sheer amount of guards in the room, but his attention quickly focused on the main in the golden chair across the room.

His hair was messy and his eyes filled with pride. He gave them a condescending look and mumbled something to one of his guards. He then returned his gaze to the trio and said, “Leave. You rabble are not worth my time.”

“Please, your highness, we just need a moment,” Vinny protested.

“And you get none. Out.”

“But I need you to lift a Samhain’s curse!” Leon interjected.

The ruler looked at Leon curiously before splitting into another grin. “Oh? Is that so? My my you should lead with these kinds of things.”

“I don’t like the sound of that,” Terrance mumbled.

“Fetch the truth berries!” Two guards rushed out of the room only to return with two small bowls of white berries. “I’ll give you an offer since I’m a bit bored and Samhain’s curses are always so fun.” The ruler gestured to the bowls. “I’ll ask questions. For each lie you tell, you and your friends eat a berry until you die or I run out of questions. Good? Good. Let’s begin. What is your favorite color?”

“Uhhh!” Leon panicked and blurted, “Silver!” He winced. That was a lie. It was a red.

“Ah! A lie. Berries all of you,” the ruler commanded.

Leon reluctantly took a berry and swallowed it, the large object sliding down his throat slowly. He could almost feel it in his gut too. Disgusting.

“What is your relationship with your brother?”

“Mmm okay I guess. We care for each other a lot but he can be overbearing at times which is not fun.”

“How does your brother like your boyfriends?”

“He doesn’t. Plain and simple.”

“Even I know that one’s not a lie,” Terrance chimed in.

“Why are you here?”

“To free him from Samhain’s curse!”

“Do you really want to?”

“Welll uh-“

Do you want to?

“Ummm a little!”

The ruler paused and nodded. He snapped and the guards backed away. Motioning Leon closer, the ruler picked up a bag and said, “This contains fairy dust. I will throw it on you and it should be enough to heal your brother.”

Leon gave a strong nod. “Okay. No matter what the side effects, do it.”

The man nodded and proceeded to pour the entire thing on Leon. Suddenly, everything went black.

Leon sat up with a gasp and looked around. He was back in Tyson’s room. And it looked normal! Except Tyson was gone! Leon panicked and began to wheel downstairs when he saw Tyson with Alain in the hall. “Oh thank goodness!” he cried.

Alain looked over and smiled. “Good you finally woke up! Tyson’s made a somewhat miraculous recovery so we were thinking of eating out to celebrate. But we didn’t want to interrupt whatever cool dream you were having.”

Leon stared at them in confusion. Had that been a dream? He supposed that made more sense than a fairy healing his brother. But still, the tights and leotards were very convincing. Perhaps he could see Terrance in those clothes again someday. Though it’s probably not very likely.
    Thank you for posting this story! It is an interesting story, as @EmeraldSky wrote. :) I did not expect that end, haha.

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D