Site Editor

Administrator

GCEA Version: Decimation Blue
    Trainer Name: Kyo Writer
    Link to Stats: Meowstic
    Word Count: 1350
    Entry:
    Spoiler:
    Kyo stepped out of the elevator as the doors opened in front of her. Setting her shoulders back, she proceeded forward at an even pace, not acknowledging those she walked past as they saluted her. She stopped in front of a glass door, taking her keycard from her pocket and swiping it. The door slid open with a long hiss. Kyo stepped inside and quickly scanned the room.

There was lab equipment pressed against every wall, with cables covering the floor in a system that could only be described as organized chaos. They all lead to a device in the center of the room, a tall glass tube with a pedestal inside. A scientist stood next to it, his attention fully directed at the computer in front of him as he pecked away at the keys.*

Kyo approached him, standing a few feet away before clearing her through. “Doctor Iroh,” she said. The man snapped out of his focus and quickly stood at attention. Kyo scanned him up and down. He was less than presentable to her tastes, but he got results. Despite his small stature and sniveling appearance, this man had cracked the code to unlocking a Pokémon’s true power. Or so she had been told. Her visit today was to observe the results of this so-called untapped potential.

“General Writer, thank you for coming. As the superiors requested, I have been working endlessly on the Fantome Project, and after several successful trials, I believe I have succeeded in achieving the potential power levels you seek,” Iroh said as he gestured to the large tube. Kyo raised her eyebrows and waited with a neutral expression for Iroh to continue. He seemed a bit flustered by the lack of a response, sputtering out, “P-Please, follow me, I will explain.”

Iroh turned and began to lead Kyo to the other side of the lab where he opened the door into a long hallway. The hallway itself was narrow with two guards stationed at the far end, but most noticeable were a large number of doors and large windows staggered along the wall. These, Kyo knew, were containment units for experiments such as the one Doctor Iroh was working on.

“There have always been theories as to what can unlock a Pokémon’s true potential. Many claim it is friendship and partnership, but oftentimes we see some of the most powerful beasts are owned or created by tyrants who have lusted for power and treat their Pokémon not as living creatures but as too for their gain. It’s this complete disregard for their feelings th-“

“Please, spare me the backstory, Doctor,” Kyo interrupted in a slightly annoyed tone. “I am here for results, not a philosophy course at Driftveil University.”

Iroh shrunk down a little as if the words inflicted physical pain. “R-Right, of course, General Writer.” He gestured to one of the containment units. “We have been attempting to recreate the Shadow Theory Effect on these Pokémon using a mixture of those that were wild, stolen from trainers, or volunteered by members of the White Rocket organization. After many trial and errors, I believe we have succeeded in closing off the Pokémon’s heart completely, allowing for true power levels to be achieved that instincts such as loyalty or compassion might impede.”

Kyo peered into the containment unit. Iroh typed a code into a keypad next to the door, unlocking it. Opening it slightly, Iroh opened a pokéball and cast a Rattata inside before quickly shutting the door. Kyo watched as a Croconaw devoured a Rattata, tearing apart the smaller mouse Pokémon and casting the various parts everywhere, only to then gorge itself on the rodent’s flesh. Aside from all the blood, it appeared to look like a normal Pokémon. The Croconaw looked over at Kyo and growled, its eyes consumed by a deep red color as it lunged at the glass, beating against it as it attempted to attack its onlookers.*

Iroh started to speak again, but Kyo held up her hand to indicate he remain silent. Walking around deep in thought, Kyo peered into a few more of the units to find similar scenes of blood and gore before her. This was a good sign. Approaching Iroh again, she said, “Show me their battle statistics. How successful are they compared to others of their species.”

Iroh gave a quick nod before leading her out of the hallway, taking her back into the room they had just been in. Typing away at his computer, Iroh pulled up several screens involving the Croconaw and other Shadow Pokémon’s stats compared to before their transformation and compared to others of their species. Kyo leaned forward to look at the data. She smiled.*

“Impressive.” She looked at Iroh, “My bosses will be pleased. How soon before this technology can be used again?”*

“The machine can be used again immediately after it is used, sir,” Iroh replied.*

Kyo took a pokéball off her belt and held it out to Iroh. “I would like a demonstration, then.”

Iroh took the pokéball before giving Kyo a look of concern. “With all due respect, sir, are you sure? There have been some concerns of disobedience and-“

Kyo held up her hand to cut off Iroh again. “Just do your job, Doctor.”

Iroh nodded and opened the glass tube, placing the pokéball inside. He shut the glass tube again and several wires quickly connected themselves to the ball. An image of Kyo’s Meowstic appeared on Iroh’s computer. Beside the image, several bars appeared, reading “Door to Heart”, “Stress”, “Health”, as well as various other vital signs.*

“Initiating Shadow Process… now.” Iroh pushed a button and purple sparks began to engulf her pokéball inside the tube. Meowstic’s vitals began to go wild, with her stress bar spiking rapidly. However, unlike all the other bars and vital signs, the “Door to Heart” gauge slowly began to fill. Kyo watched it, a bit mesmerized as she felt an intense dark aura emanating from the tube. She could see Iroh’s hand hovering over the button he pushed to start this process as if he was ready to stop it anytime, but Kyo didn’t want it to stop. Her partner would soon be one of the most powerful Pokémon alive, how could she not give her partner such a beautiful opportunity?
    Slowly the gauge continued to fill until it was full. Meowstic’s vitals stabilized and the stress bar emptied. Iroh hit the button again and the wires retracted from the pokéball. He opened the tube and plucked the ball from the pedestal. Holding it out to Kyo, he said, “She may be a bit disoriented when you first use it, but the process is complete.”*

Kyo smiled as she took the pokéball back. Iroh jumped back as she opened it, unleashing Meowstic onto the floor in front of her. A dark presence seemed to swirl around Meowstic as she stood up and turned to face Kyo. Her eyes gleamed a bright red, no hint of affection behind them. Good. “Meowstic, Shadow Ball on the wall over there,” she commanded.*

“Wait wait we have-“ Iroh started, only to dive when Meowstic launched a Shadow Ball at the wall. The ball of energy blasted through the steel wall, leaving a gaping hole into the hallway next door. Kyo approached it to inspect the damage when she noticed a commotion on the other side of the wall.*

The two guards from before were currently opening the door to the Croconaw’s chamber and returning it to a pokéball along with several of the other shadow experiments. At the sound of the steel breaking, they had also turned to look into Kyo’s direction, making eye contact with her before making a break in the other direction.*

“Sound the alarm! The experiments are being taken!” Kyo shouted at Iroh before opening the door into the hallway. “Meowstic, with me!” She ran after the two guards with her Meowstic by her side. They would not get away, not with the new weapon of mass destruction that was her partner in pursuit of them.

GCEA Version: Platinum
    Trainer Name: Amy Risa
    Link to Stats: Froslass
    Word Count: 1072
    Entry:
    Spoiler:
    Amy stood stiff as she could, arms folded behind her as she marched down the long hallway. The White Rocket uniform was uncomfortable, even forcing her to try and stuff her long curly red hair inside a hat. Still, it was necessary for the mission, so she couldn’t complain. As she and the other guard reached the end of the hallway, they saluted the other guards, signaling it was time to switch stations. The other guards wordlessly saluted back then marched off towards the doors to their left and right. Once they were gone, Amy and the other guard took their places.*

Amy remained still for a few minutes before sighing and relaxing a little. The other guard lightly hit Amy on the arm, causing Amy to glare at her. “Straighten your back, Wildfire,” the other guard said quietly, “the scientist or anyone else needs to be convinced we’re actual guards.”

Amy stretched for a second before resuming her stiff stance. “I don’t know how you do this for hours at a clip, Theresa,” she mumbled back.

“Lots of training,” Theresa replied with a smile. She opened her mouth to say something else when the door at the far end of the hall beeped. Both girls went completely still, keeping their gazes straight ahead as two people entered the hallway from the other end.*

Amy did her best to observe the two as they began to inspect the containment units all along the hall. Amy recognized the stout man from the files she had read. That was Doctor Iroh Mako, the head scientist on the Fantome Project. If their intel was correct, he had managed to creature a new type of Pokémon far more powerful than anything else the world had ever seen. The tall woman who was with him had not been in the files for this mission. Amy wasn’t sure who she was exactly, but given the decorations on her uniform, she could only guess she was a high ranking member of the White Rocket organization.*

Doctor Mako was showing the high ranking official around the facility before typing a code into one of the doors. Amy couldn’t see it but their intel had given them a few possible codes, which both girls had memorized. Amy watched as a pokéball was tossed inside only to be shortly followed by a Croconaw attacking the window with blood covering its face. The sight made her sick to her stomach. “Hunter…” she whispered.*

She wanted to run to her partner, but she couldn’t right now. They just needed to wait a few more minutes, then she could rescue him. He’d be safe soon enough. Amy waited impatiently as the White Rocket strode around the room in silence before she finally directed the scientist out of the room. Amy and Theresa stayed still for a few moments longer before she signaled Amy.*

“We don’t have much longer until they come back to finish the audit and collect these guys. You get the doors on the left, I’ll get the ones on the right.” Theresa looked at Amy and said, “Just try every passcode until something works.”

Amy nodded at her instructions and moved quickly to the first door. Taking the pokéball from the slot next to the door, Amy began to punch different codes into the door until it finally opened. She quickly returned the first Pokémon to its pokéball and clipped it to her belt, before proceeding to repeat this process with every Shadow Pokémon in a containment unit. Finally, at the end of the row, Amy stepped in front of the containment unit with the Croconaw.*

She picked up the pokéball, it still bearing the “A” sticker on the front she had placed on it to mark it as hers. Amy clutched it tightly as she gazed through the glass at the carnage inside Hunter’s containment unit. “I’m sorry I let this happen to you,” she whispered, “I’m going to fix it.”

Theresa walked up behind Amy and pat her shoulder. “Return him to his pokéball and let’s hurry before they come back.” Amy nodded and began punching in various codes until the door opened with a click. Amy opened the door and aimed the pokéball at Hunter right as the wall behind them exploded. Amy turned her head to see a gaping hole in the wall with Doctor Mako, the White Rocket, and a Shadow Meowstic on the other side. Tauros crap.*

“WILDFIRE!” Theresa yelled, grabbing and pulling Amy back as Hunter launched a Water Gun in their direction.*

“RIGHT SORRY!” Amy quickly returned him to his pokéball before both girls bolted, the White Rocket hot in pursuit.*

Alarms began to sound as they dashed through the hallways. It wouldn’t be long until the whole area was flooded with guards. Amy glanced over at Theresa and saw her use her fist to sign “D”. Extraction plan D it was then. As they approached a nearby set of windows, Amy pulled out one of her pokéballs and unleashed a Togekiss while Theresa sent out her Braviary.*

“Ramsey! Use Aura Sphere!”*

“Kiss!” The Togekiss began to form an orb in its wings.*

“Masamune use Protect,” Theresa commanded. The Braviary quickly flew in between the woman and their White Rocket pursuer. A green shield formed in between them, blocking several Shadow Ball and Charge Beam attacks.*

The White Rocket looked frustrated until her Meowstic let out a shrill shriek, a dark aura consuming her. Right as Ramsey unleashed an aura sphere, shattering the windows to allow for Amy and Theresa to escape, the Meowstic charged and burst through the Protect, slashing Masamune’s face. Latching onto him, she unleashed another Charge Beam, frying the bird.*

Theresa quickly returned Masamune to his pokéball and backed away from the crazy infected cat. Their intel was right, these things were powerful. Too powerful. She didn’t have anything that stood a chance against this thing. And neither did Amy.*

Theresa glanced over her shoulder as Ramsey’s Aura Sphere broke open the wall behind them. “Go go!” she shouted, grabbing Amy by the waist and diving out the window. Ramsey was fast behind them, dodging another Charge Beam before diving below them to break their fall.*

Amy glanced behind her as the White Rocket facility grew further and further away. She sighed, clutching Hunter’s pokéball closer to her chest. “We’ll find a way to purify you,” she whispered, “I promise.”
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Lychee
    Trainer Name: Briar Clark
    Link to stats: here
    Word Count: 562
    Entry: Hoenn Theme. Week two should cover one of the following. Kyogre vs Groudon, Team Aqua, Team Magma and Deoxys

Spoiler:
    Journal. Mid Summer. Afternoon, massive thunderstorm.
    Water and Electric types out frolicking- but mostly electric.
    Today the moon is half full I think? Wind coming from the ocean. Athemiometer is reading yellow. Mood ring, purple.
    No supplies currently. Indoors.

My region is one of various myths and legends, however, with the new technology in our lives to both travel and send information long distances, I am able to use a PC to research the cryptic pokemon of other regions too. On a rainy day such as this I decided to have a glance over the forums which talk about Kyogre and Groudon... And Rayquaza, because apparently they are a weather trio. I'm not sure if this is the corrent way to reference their attributes, but it is certainly te most well accepted way. In fact, I believe there is not three, but FOUR pokemon in this mythology.
    Now, if Kyogre stands for the hydrosphere, Groudon stands for lithosphere, and Rayquaza stands for atmosphere, then which pokemon stands for the biosphere? Herein lies the most powerful super-ancient pokemon of them all, the king of the biosphere, the pokemon of life and all living things, and the one who does not get involved with the petty conflicts of the land, sea and air. This cryptic legendary is called Bioczar.

Though Bioczar has never been seen or captured, we can infer its existence through science. Its name, while not registered in any pokedex, is a combination of the biosphere in which is resides, and Czar, which is a way of saying king in a different land. I may also be reading the forums wrong and in fact its name is Biostar- but that wouldn't make sense, as stars would be in the next level of sphere (beyond atmosphere). More on that in another entry. I don't feel like contemplating the interdimensional levels of pokemon existence and space travelling types today. Deoxys is.... eh. There's a world of possibility out there and I'd rather just stick to things I know. It's a little over my head. People have whole industries and laboratories dedicated to that stuff. I'm just a guy interested in the pokemon which are omitted from the pokedex- I don't need to be an astronaut or inter-dimensional traveller. Although..... Well, we'll see.

I had a few nay-sayers point out that we already have legendary pokemon of both life and death (Yveltal and Xerneas) but it is easy to discount these. First of all, they are not "Super ancient pokemon" like the weather quad, they are a balance of the abstract concepts of life and destruction- rather than the physical framework of the world in which we live. Secondly, while they both can influence the biosphere, they do not embody it. No- a pokemon embodiment of the biosphere would be much more difficult to describe. Also, because Bioczar does not get involved with the arguments of its trio, there is no real reason for it to have emerged, ever. Who knows what this pokemon is capable of!?
    In any case, if I ever go to Hoenn I will not be looking to the skies hoping to see Rayquaza, or looking at the sea for Kyogre, or at the land for Groudon. I will be looking at all the wonderful lives there, at the plants, at the pokemon and the people. I'll be looking for Bioczar.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Lychee
    Word Count: 562
    Entry: Hoenn Theme. Week two should cover one of the following. Kyogre vs Groudon, Team Aqua, Team Magma and Deoxys

Spoiler:
    Journal. Mid Summer. Afternoon, massive thunderstorm.
    Water and Electric types out frolicking- but mostly electric.
    Today the moon is half full I think? Wind coming from the ocean. Athemiometer is reading yellow. Mood ring, purple.
    No supplies currently. Indoors.

My region is one of various myths and legends, however, with the new technology in our lives to both travel and send information long distances, I am able to use a PC to research the cryptic pokemon of other regions too. On a rainy day such as this I decided to have a glance over the forums which talk about Kyogre and Groudon... And Rayquaza, because apparently they are a weather trio. I'm not sure if this is the corrent way to reference their attributes, but it is certainly te most well accepted way. In fact, I believe there is not three, but FOUR pokemon in this mythology.
    Now, if Kyogre stands for the hydrosphere, Groudon stands for lithosphere, and Rayquaza stands for atmosphere, then which pokemon stands for the biosphere? Herein lies the most powerful super-ancient pokemon of them all, the king of the biosphere, the pokemon of life and all living things, and the one who does not get involved with the petty conflicts of the land, sea and air. This cryptic legendary is called Bioczar.

Though Bioczar has never been seen or captured, we can infer its existence through science. Its name, while not registered in any pokedex, is a combination of the biosphere in which is resides, and Czar, which is a way of saying king in a different land. I may also be reading the forums wrong and in fact its name is Biostar- but that wouldn't make sense, as stars would be in the next level of sphere (beyond atmosphere). More on that in another entry. I don't feel like contemplating the interdimensional levels of pokemon existence and space travelling types today. Deoxys is.... eh. There's a world of possibility out there and I'd rather just stick to things I know. It's a little over my head. People have whole industries and laboratories dedicated to that stuff. I'm just a guy interested in the pokemon which are omitted from the pokedex- I don't need to be an astronaut or inter-dimensional traveller. Although..... Well, we'll see.

I had a few nay-sayers point out that we already have legendary pokemon of both life and death (Yveltal and Xerneas) but it is easy to discount these. First of all, they are not "Super ancient pokemon" like the weather quad, they are a balance of the abstract concepts of life and destruction- rather than the physical framework of the world in which we live. Secondly, while they both can influence the biosphere, they do not embody it. No- a pokemon embodiment of the biosphere would be much more difficult to describe. Also, because Bioczar does not get involved with the arguments of its trio, there is no real reason for it to have emerged, ever. Who knows what this pokemon is capable of!?
    In any case, if I ever go to Hoenn I will not be looking to the skies hoping to see Rayquaza, or looking at the sea for Kyogre, or at the land for Groudon. I will be looking at all the wonderful lives there, at the plants, at the pokemon and the people. I'll be looking for Bioczar.
    Alright let's do this!

Spoiler:
    On a rainy day such as this I decided to have a glance over the forums which talk about Kyogre and Groudon
    Need a comma after "this".

I'm not sure if this is the corrent way to reference their attributes,
    I think you meant either "current" or "correct", but either way "corrent" is not a word as far as I'm aware.

but it is certainly te most well accepted way.
    "te" should be "the".

is a combination of the biosphere in which is resides
    This should be "it" not "is".

2/2 for story since it is a Hoenn theme

11/13 for effort since you made about the same number of mistakes as last time.

13/15
    / / / / / / / /

4. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

I'm sorry, I went completely overboard on this one. I started writing already knowing exactly what I wanted to happen, without realizing that the final result was going to end up this long.

GCEA Version: DB
    Trainer Name: Rose Woods
    Link to stats: In Sig
    Word Count: 3127
    Entry: Hoenn theme

Spoiler:

This story is 100% non canon, and takes place several years in the future, in a universe where Dredd was never created.

“Replay message.”

“Hi Rose. It’s been a while.” The familiar voice said. “I hope you’re doing well. I’m sending you this message with a bit of a favor to ask.”

“I’m sure you’ve aware of the meteor that landed in the Sevii islands several days ago. My team has been studying it, and something about it is unusual. It seems to be radiating some sort of psychic energy, although we’ve been unable to determine its exact nature. Do you think that you would be able to come to assist in our research? I was hoping that with your powers, you might be able to pick up something that our equipment missed.”

I know this is sudden, and you’re probably busy, having recently taken charge of the Saffron City gym, so I understand if you can’t make it.” The message continued. “If you are able to come all of your travel costs will be reimbursed by-” A sudden bout of rough waves caused the boat to rock, nearly knocking the poketech out of Rose’s hand.

“Send message… Alice.” Rose used the voice commands on her Poketech. “Its Rose. I just wanted to let you know that I’m almost there. We can meet up tomorrow morning. See you soon.”

“End message.”

---

“It’s not much further.” Alice explained, leading Rose down the trail. As the pair neared the impact site, the foliage seemed to thin out. It seemed as though the impact had been large enough to strip branches off of the nearby trees.

“Do you feel that, Amirah?” Rose asked. The Chimecho let out a chime. Alice was right. Rose could feel that something up ahead was giving off some kind of energy, although she was still too far away to determine what was causing it. As they got close, many trees had been completely knocked down, making the walk much harder.

Soon Rose could sense the edge of the crater up ahead. It was quite a bit larger than she had expected. By the edge of the crater, tents were set up. Several people in lab coats stood nearby, most taking readings with various devices. Seeing the pair, an older man approached them.

“Welcome back Alice.” The man greeted her. “I presume that this is Ms. Woods?” He said, turning to Rose.

“Please just call me Rose.” Rose responded, a hint of nervousness in her voice.

“Rose, this is Doctor Evans. He’s the one in charge of our research here.” Alice explained.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you. Alice has told me a lot about you. The study led by Doctor Leming that you were apart of. truly fascinating research. But anyway, where are my manners?” Doctor Evans smiled, extending a hand.

“It’s n-nice to meet you too.” Rose stuttered slightly as she shook the doctor’s hand.

“There’s no need to be shy!” Doctor Evans declared. “Now Alice, why don’t you fill in Rose here about what we’ve learned so far?”

“Of course.” Alice responded, moving closer to the edge of the crater. At the center of the impact site rested a large rock, at least a dozen feet across. “The meteorite is unnaturally tough. Normally when a meteor of this size impacts, most of the meteor is destroyed, but this one has stayed mostly intact. In addition, we have made several attempts at cutting into the meteorite, but they’ve all failed. Lastly, any attempts to move or damage the meteorite seem to agitate the psychic field it’s creating.”

“Alice recommended that we invite you here because you are a psychic who specializes in detecting things. She believes that you might be able to figure out the cause of the psychic field.” Doctor Evans explained.

“I’ll try my best.” Rose smiled nervously. It was true that Rose’s powers let her see things, but typically she used them more to see things that were far away. She had never tried to use them like this.

Rose walked up to the edge of the crater. Despite not being able to see, she still found that closing her eyes helped her focus. It was immediately apparent that the meteor was giving off some sort of psychic energy.

“Do you feel anything?” Doctor Evans asked.

“Let her focus.” Alice cut in.

“No, it’s okay.” Rose opened her eyes. “The energy that meteorite is giving off… It feels… Almost like a psychic type Pokemon.” She explained.

“You don’t think that there could somehow be a Pokemon trapped inside, do you?” Alice questioned.

“I’m not sure. I need to get closer to tell any more.” Rose said.
    “You can get closer if you want to, however, due to the unknown nature of the psychic field, you will need to wear an insulated suit to shield you from it.” Doctor Evans affirmed.

“If I wear a suit like that, I won’t be able to see anything either.” Rose explained. “I’ll be okay. I can shield myself from anything that field might do.” Doctor Evans glanced over at Alice, who nodded back.

“This is a breach of safety regulations, but I’ll allow it.” Doctor Evans said, his voice suddenly becoming more serious.

After Alice had changed into an insulated suit, the pair descended into the crater. The steep descent was aided by a rope handhold. Doctor Evans watched from the side as the two girls made their way towards the meteorite.

Now standing only several feet from the meteorite, Rose closed her eyes again, focusing. Rose could feel something; it was as if the meteorite was somehow breathing. The psychic field pulsed faintly, almost like a heartbeat. Rose walked up to the meteorite, moving her hand towards it.

“Wait-” Alice tried to stop her. Rose laid her hand on the meteorite, peering into it. And something peered back. Rose stumbled backwards, startled as the amount of energy the stone was putting out suddenly began to surge.

“Stand back!” Alice shouted, grabbing Rose’s arm and beginning to pull her away from the meteorite. Amirah let out a nervous chime, hovering circles around the two girls. Alice was mostly protected by the insulated suit, but the sudden surge of energy began to cause Rose’s head to ache. At the edge of the crater, it seemed that the energy had been powerful enough to knock the researchers unconscious.

“Rose, these readings- we need to get out of here!” Alice called out, looking up from the device she had been taking measurements with.

Rose watched in fear as cracks began to spread across the meteorite. She was certain now; There was something inside the meteorite. Something sentient. And whatever it was, it was building up energy. As Alice and Rose tried to make their way towards the edge of the crater, the ground began to shake.

“We’re not going to make it!” Alice shouted.

“Amirah, Protect!” Rose ordered. The psychic type let out a chime as a purple spherical barrier appeared around the two girls. Not even a second later, the stone ruptured, releasing a wave of debri and psychic energy. Even with the barriers protection, Alice and Rose were knocked down as the ground shook furiously, rocks raining down all around them. The barrier flashed and cracked as it was struck, but it held.

As the tremors began to subside, Amirah lowered the barrier. Rose stood up, coughing from the dust that had permeated the air. Even before the dust had settled, Rose could sense something standing where the Meteorite had previously been. It was a Pokemon unlike any she had ever seen. It appeared to be anthropomorphic, but it had two pairs of intertwined tendrils as arms. In its chest was a core of some sort. Soon, Alice had noticed it too.

“What… is that?” Rose questioned anxiously, concerned at what the clearly powerful Pokemon might do next.

“I’m not sure.” Alice responded, beginning to take more readings with the device in her hand. Rose removed a Pokeball from her bag. The Pokemon didn’t seem to be doing anything for the moment, but Rose could sense that it was dangerous.

“Do you have any Pokemon with you?” Rose asked.

“Just one unfortunately.” Alice said. The amount of power Rose could sense from this Pokemon was incredible. Even with her strongest team, Rose was unsure if she could win alone.

“Alice… Climb back out of the crater and try to call for help.” Rose suggested.

“I can’t leave you down here alone with that thing though.” Alice argued.

“I’ll be okay for now.” Rose insisted, releasing her first Pokemon: An Espeon. In truth, Rose was scared, but she felt that this was the best course of action. Alice turned and began to head back out of the crater.

“Lux-” Before Rose could finish her command, the mysterious Pokemon vanished.

“Alice, hold on-” Suddenly, the Pokemon reappeared, now less than ten feet away, blocking Alice’s exit. Its arm like appendages reared back slightly, then shot out directly at Alice. Before either of the girls could react, Lux darted out and lept between Alice and the unknown Pokemon, taking the brunt of the attack.

“Lux!” Rose shouted, watching as the small Pokemon fell to the ground. In one attack, the Pokemon had been able to knock out one of her team. She was relieved to see that the Espeon was breathing, but it was still badly injured. Her heart racing, she recalled it and prepared her next Pokemon.

“It looks like it isn’t going to let any of us leave.” Alice commented, a bit shaken up by what had just happened. Pulling out a Pokeball, Alice released her one Pokemon.

“Aster, crunch!.” Alice commanded. The Archeops swooped in, but as it drew close, the unknown Pokemon’s form began to change, its build becoming bulkier. The flying type chomped down on the Pokemon’s arm for several seconds, but seemed to do little damage. The Pokemon began to flail its arms around, sending Aster flying off.

Rose clicked two pokeballs, releasing a Starmie and a Malamar. She closed her eyes, focusing on the task at hand.

“Torrent, circle around and blast it with hydro pump while Luna keeps it occupied from the front.” Rose commanded telepathically. Luna slashed at the Pokemon with her tentacles, getting its attention, and actually seeming to do a bit of damage. As Torrent circled around the Pokemon, the deoxys shifted its attention to it, but in this new bulkier form, it was too slow to hit the much faster water type.

“Aster, Acrobatics!” Alice commanded, the flying type swooping in for another attack. While the unknown Pokemon was pinned down by her team’s attacks, Rose released a Metagross.

“Meta, Hammer arm!” She ordered. Just when it seemed like they may have a chance at winning, suddenly the Pokemon shifted forms again. This time, it took a much lighter, swifter looking form. It leapt into the air, avoiding all of the incoming attacks, before darting towards Rose’s Starmie.

The unknown Pokemon unleashed a quick flurry of attacks, then headbutt the water type, sending it flying. It dodged to the left, avoiding the Malamar’s attack, before switching forms again, now to something appearing more streamlined, and unleashed a devastating attack on Aster, knocking him out.

“Ignis,” Rose began, releasing a Delphox, “Blast it with everything you’ve got.” As the Malamar struggled to take the unknown Pokemon’s attacks, the Delphox unleashed a blast of fire, scoring a direct hit. The unknown Pokemon reeled back in pain. It seemed that in this form, it was more vulnerable to attack, but it would take more than that to finish it. Out of the fire it darted towards the Delphox, knocking him out with a barrage of attacks before teleporting back behind the Malamar, finishing her off.

Rose fearfully took a step back as she removed her last pokeball from her bag.

“T-this is it.” Rose stuttered, beginning to lose her composure. “Alice. While I fight it with my last Pokemon, I want you to try and escape again. Take Amirah with you. She’ll protect you.”

“I’m not leaving.” Alice said defiantly. “I have faith in you. And besides, I’m the one who asked you to come here, so I can’t just leave now.”

“In that case… I guess I have to find a way to win.” Rose took a deep breath, her hand trembling. She had saved her most powerful Pokemon for last. She pressed the button on her Pokeball, and her Pokemon- a Gardevoir- appeared in a flash of red light. Activating her keystone, the psychic type began to glow a brilliant white, its form changing.

Lily, Moonblast.” She ordered. The Gardevoir sprung into action, darting around to avoid the unknown Pokemon’s attacks as she unleashed a barrage of energy. Both Pokemon appeared evenly matched, teleporting back and forth in a chaotic series of skirmishes The battle would have been difficult to follow with sight alone, but with Rose’s powers, she could tell always exactly where both Pokemon were.

Lily blasted a psychic wave at the Pokemon, which then teleported behind the psychic type, body slamming it into the ground. While the Gardevoir struggled to stand, the unknown Pokemon, now severely weakened, began to gather energy in its core.

“Amirah, Protect!” Rose panickedly commanded her partner. A barrier formed just in time as the unknown Pokemon fired a hyper beam. The beam pounded the barrier, the force of the impact enough to send a blast of wind and heat in all directions. Rose watched anxiously, struggling to maintain her footing as the ground trembled violently. The barrier began to ripple and crack. Just as it seemed ready to give, the barrage ended.

For a moment as the dust cleared, the unknown Pokemon stood still. Then, after leaning back and forth several times, it collapsed. Focusing, Rose could sense that the Pokemon was unconscious.

“It’s… over.” Rose knelt down, feeling lightheaded from the stress of the battle that had just unfolded. It seemed that the Pokemon’s last attack had used up all of its remaining energy.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t help more, but I knew you could do it.” Alice smiled faintly. “We should capture it. It’s dangerous, but it’s not like any Pokemon I’ve ever heard of before. We’re going to have to study it.”

Rose nodded in agreement. While she was unsure if the great ball would be able to contain such a powerful Pokemon for an extended period of time, it was too dangerous to leave the Pokemon alone. For a moment, Rose wondered if the best thing to do might be to kill the Pokemon to ensure it couldn’t do any more harm, but she quickly pushed the thought out of her head. There was no way she could bring herself to do that.

“I’ll do it.” Rose said, standing back up. She pulled a great ball out of her bag and began walking towards the unknown Pokemon. As she got close, she paused for a second. Something was wrong. She took a step back. Before she could react, the Pokemon suddenly sprung back to life, its arms flailing about chaotically. Rose opened her mouth to say something, but before she could even give any commands, Amirah had already begun to raise a barrier between her and the Pokemon.

The unknown Pokemon sprung to its feet and lurched forward, headbutting the barrier. A loud crack echoed through the crater as the barrier shattered. Amirah struggled to create a new barrier, but was unable to use Protect again so quickly. The unknown Pokemon reeled back both arms in preparation for one last attack.

“Rose!” Alice cried out. Rose watched in terror, desperately trying to come up with something.

“Flamethrower.” The voice was followed by a sudden intense jet of flame from above, engulfing the Pokemon. Rose had been so focused on the threat in front of her that she had failed to notice a trainer fly in on the back of a Charizard. Ending its attack, the Charizard swooped down low to the ground, allowing the man on its back to hop off. The tall trainer appeared to be in his mid 20s.

“Who…” Rose began.

“We can talk when this is over.” The man replied, not giving Rose time to finish. Throwing two more Pokeballs, an Aggron and a Medicham appeared. The Aggron slammed into the ground, causing the unknown Pokemon to lose its balance, giving the Medicham a chance to move in close and deal several swift blows. The trainer’s Pokemon attacked relentlessly, never giving the unknown Pokemon a chance to counterattack. Soon, it had collapsed, this time down for good.

“Finish it.” The man ordered. The Aggron began to pick up a large chunk leftover from the shattered meteorite.

“What are you going to do?” Rose questioned concernedly.

“I’m going to make sure that thing can never hurt anyone.” The man replied.

“But-” Rose’s objection was cut off as the Aggron slammed the rock down on the Pokemon’s head, crushing it in one blow.

“Don’t try to say that we didn’t have to kill it.” The man said sternly. “if it had been allowed to live, it would have killed thousands of people.”

“How do you know that?” Rose asked with a mixture of sadness and anger, shocked at the man’s ability to kill a Pokemon without a second thought.

“Because I’ve seen it happen.” A look of sadness suddenly appeared in the man’s eyes. “That Pokemon was called Deoxys, and I’ve seen it bring down buildings and kill many people, some of my friends included. Let’s just leave it at that. If I told you much more I doubt you’d believe me anyway.” Rose calmed down slightly as she listened to the man’s explanation.

“Anyway, this is taking longer than it was supposed to. It’s about time I get going.” The man said, climbing back onto his Charizard.

“Wait… What’s your name?” Rose asked.

“Jo-” the man began, but stopped midway. “Nevermind.” Before Rose could ask anything else, the Charizard took off , and just as quickly as the trainer had appeared, he was gone.

“He didn’t even give us a chance to thank him…” Rose said, a bit disappointed. Alice looked up from where she had been examining Deoxys’ body.

“It’s over though, for real now.” Alice responded. Still shaken up, the pair began to make their way back out of the crater.

Spoiler:

“I thought I said not to talk to them.” The boy, appearing only 18, said.

“I’m sure I couldn’t have thrown off the timeline that bad.” Joseph responded nonchalantly.

“Small actions can have big consequences later on down the line.” Chime lectured.

“Well, it’s done now. Any more favors?” Joseph questioned, starting to feel slightly annoyed.

“Just one.”

Lychee
    Word Count: 755
    Entry: 7 Year Event, week 3- This is for more backstory of your character. It should be about your homeworld. This is for NEW content, not a story covered yet.

Spoiler:
    Journal. Autumn. Morning, clear but chilly.
    Ground, rock and normal types around.
    No idea about the moon. Wind coming from the east. Athemiometer is probably broken. Mood ring, green.
    One days rations and water.

I'm hiking the mountainside today, around Blackthorn City. It's rough and rugged terrain- mostly volcanic with various feldspars and some shards of mica. I'm not near the obsidian section of the geology yet, but it is where I'm going. The trees around this section of mountain are all short and stunted, because their roots cannot penetrate the hard rock. No berries can grow here. No nuts, and therefore no pokeball harvesting. No fossils or fossil types, because this area is not sedimentary. The winds may be right for flying pokemon, but there is nowhere easy to rest or roost, so they are few as well. I do not see very many grass type pokemon around. The only one I've seen was a sleeping oddish, which seems normal, considering they wake up at night and don't require any actual soil in order to grow.

My sister did not want to get up as early as I did, and while we set off together, she didn't seem ready to do a big hike today, so I left her behind on a particularly picturesque cliff edge. We could see almost all the way to the sea, on such a clear morning like this. She took out her paints and I figured it was time for me to leave. Painting is nice enough but it isn't my favourite pastime. I have mysteries to investigate!

The mystery I'm out to investigate today is the great obsidian block, from now on, I'll call it the GO block. I have seen it from afar while hiking in a different part of the mountains around Blackthorn City, but it was a shimmering black mass off in the distance. The geography around this area is very difficult- while the city is cut into the mountainside (cut by who? Not humans. Possibly volcarona! It supports my theory that this mountain was a primary nesting site. More on that in a later entry), there are sharp rock ridges which rise immediately from the edge of the city limits. It is steep climbing, and most people avoid it by cutting through the mountain and travelling through caves. I have my theories about those caves, and I am also forbidden from exploring them alone (by my parents). So, up the side of these cliffs I go, taking endlessly steep and winding paths, while trying to keep the same compass direction as the area I saw the GO block.

Obsidian, while occurring naturally in volcanic environments, does not usually form in great sheets. It forms when molten rock cools so quickly that the atoms cannot arrange themselves into orderly crystal structures, and instead the rock cools into a sort of volcanic glass. The main time this happens in nature is when a volcano spits out a big glob of molten rock into the air, which rapidly cools it as it travels back down to the ground. A sheet of obsidian would therefore be impossible. Unless....
    Unless a pokemon was involved.
    So, this forms the basis of my theory. Some huge volcanic event (or possibly a site where a very hot and very large legendary pokemon which extrudes volcanic rock lived) was then very suddenly cooled by some huge atmospheric event, which was most likely on the power scale of a legendary pokemon (it is unlikely to be a snow storm up here naturally, as most of the moisture in the air drops out before Blackthorn City). Now, my region is not known to have pokemon which do that. This leads me to believe that EITHER some other regions legendary pokemon have traveled somehow without making themselves known to humans (and therefore included in the folklore of the area) OR there is some kind of pokemon up here which is unregistered in my region, or possibly in the world.
    These mountains are harsh, and very few trainers bother climbing them as there is so little reward for all the effort. It is possible there are undiscovered species living up on these rocky areas- potentially living just under the surface in this mountain. Potentially living ON the surface- the GO block is as shiny as glass, which made it impossible to look closely at it from a distance.

All I can hope is that I'm still heading in the right direction, and nothing terrible will befall me.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Lychee
    Word Count: 755
    Entry: 7 Year Event, week 3- This is for more backstory of your character. It should be about your homeworld. This is for NEW content, not a story covered yet.

Spoiler:
    Journal. Autumn. Morning, clear but chilly.
    Ground, rock and normal types around.
    No idea about the moon. Wind coming from the east. Athemiometer is probably broken. Mood ring, green.

I'm hiking the mountainside today, around Blackthorn City. It's rough and rugged terrain- mostly volcanic with various feldspars and some shards of mica. I'm not near the obsidian section of the geology yet, but it is where I'm going. The trees around this section of mountain are all short and stunted, because their roots cannot penetrate the hard rock. No berries can grow here. No nuts, and therefore no pokeball harvesting. No fossils or fossil types, because this area is not sedimentary. The winds may be right for flying pokemon, but there is nowhere easy to rest or roost, so they are few as well. I do not see very many grass type pokemon around. The only one I've seen was a sleeping oddish, which seems normal, considering they wake up at night and don't require any actual soil in order to grow.

My sister did not want to get up as early as I did, and while we set off together, she didn't seem ready to do a big hike today, so I left her behind on a particularly picturesque cliff edge. We could see almost all the way to the sea, on such a clear morning like this. She took out her paints and I figured it was time for me to leave. Painting is nice enough but it isn't my favourite pastime. I have mysteries to investigate!

The mystery I'm out to investigate today is the great obsidian block, from now on, I'll call it the GO block. I have seen it from afar while hiking in a different part of the mountains around Blackthorn City, but it was a shimmering black mass off in the distance. The geography around this area is very difficult- while the city is cut into the mountainside (cut by who? Not humans. Possibly volcarona! It supports my theory that this mountain was a primary nesting site. More on that in a later entry), there are sharp rock ridges which rise immediately from the edge of the city limits. It is steep climbing, and most people avoid it by cutting through the mountain and travelling through caves. I have my theories about those caves, and I am also forbidden from exploring them alone (by my parents). So, up the side of these cliffs I go, taking endlessly steep and winding paths, while trying to keep the same compass direction as the area I saw the GO block.

Obsidian, while occurring naturally in volcanic environments, does not usually form in great sheets. It forms when molten rock cools so quickly that the atoms cannot arrange themselves into orderly crystal structures, and instead the rock cools into a sort of volcanic glass. The main time this happens in nature is when a volcano spits out a big glob of molten rock into the air, which rapidly cools it as it travels back down to the ground. A sheet of obsidian would therefore be impossible. Unless....
    Unless a pokemon was involved.
    So, this forms the basis of my theory. Some huge volcanic event (or possibly a site where a very hot and very large legendary pokemon which extrudes volcanic rock lived) was then very suddenly cooled by some huge atmospheric event, which was most likely on the power scale of a legendary pokemon (it is unlikely to be a snow storm up here naturally, as most of the moisture in the air drops out before Blackthorn City). Now, my region is not known to have pokemon which do that. This leads me to believe that EITHER some other regions legendary pokemon have traveled somehow without making themselves known to humans (and therefore included in the folklore of the area) OR there is some kind of pokemon up here which is unregistered in my region, or possibly in the world.
    These mountains are harsh, and very few trainers bother climbing them as there is so little reward for all the effort. It is possible there are undiscovered species living up on these rocky areas- potentially living just under the surface in this mountain. Potentially living ON the surface- the GO block is as shiny as glass, which made it impossible to look closely at it from a distance.

All I can hope is that I'm still heading in the right direction, and nothing terrible will befall me.
    Alright let's get this grading started!

You just need an apostrophe here!

2/2 for story! I really love these little stories about potential undiscovered pokemon. They're so fun to read!

13/13 for effort! You only made one tiny mistake so you definitely did well this round! Keep it up!

15/15

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Mike View Post
    I'm sorry, I went completely overboard on this one. I started writing already knowing exactly what I wanted to happen, without realizing that the final result was going to end up this long.

GCEA Version: DB
    Trainer Name: Rose Woods
    Link to stats: In Sig
    Word Count: 3127
    Entry: Hoenn theme

Spoiler:

This story is 100% non canon, and takes place several years in the future, in a universe where Dredd was never created.

“Replay message.”

“Hi Rose. It’s been a while.” The familiar voice said. “I hope you’re doing well. I’m sending you this message with a bit of a favor to ask.”

“I’m sure you’ve aware of the meteor that landed in the Sevii islands several days ago. My team has been studying it, and something about it is unusual. It seems to be radiating some sort of psychic energy, although we’ve been unable to determine its exact nature. Do you think that you would be able to come to assist in our research? I was hoping that with your powers, you might be able to pick up something that our equipment missed.”

I know this is sudden, and you’re probably busy, having recently taken charge of the Saffron City gym, so I understand if you can’t make it.” The message continued. “If you are able to come all of your travel costs will be reimbursed by-” A sudden bout of rough waves caused the boat to rock, nearly knocking the poketech out of Rose’s hand.

“Send message… Alice.” Rose used the voice commands on her Poketech. “Its Rose. I just wanted to let you know that I’m almost there. We can meet up tomorrow morning. See you soon.”

“End message.”

---

“It’s not much further.” Alice explained, leading Rose down the trail. As the pair neared the impact site, the foliage seemed to thin out. It seemed as though the impact had been large enough to strip branches off of the nearby trees.

“Do you feel that, Amirah?” Rose asked. The Chimecho let out a chime. Alice was right. Rose could feel that something up ahead was giving off some kind of energy, although she was still too far away to determine what was causing it. As they got close, many trees had been completely knocked down, making the walk much harder.

Soon Rose could sense the edge of the crater up ahead. It was quite a bit larger than she had expected. By the edge of the crater, tents were set up. Several people in lab coats stood nearby, most taking readings with various devices. Seeing the pair, an older man approached them.

“Welcome back Alice.” The man greeted her. “I presume that this is Ms. Woods?” He said, turning to Rose.

“Please just call me Rose.” Rose responded, a hint of nervousness in her voice.

“Rose, this is Doctor Evans. He’s the one in charge of our research here.” Alice explained.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you. Alice has told me a lot about you. The study led by Doctor Leming that you were apart of. truly fascinating research. But anyway, where are my manners?” Doctor Evans smiled, extending a hand.

“It’s n-nice to meet you too.” Rose stuttered slightly as she shook the doctor’s hand.

“There’s no need to be shy!” Doctor Evans declared. “Now Alice, why don’t you fill in Rose here about what we’ve learned so far?”

“Of course.” Alice responded, moving closer to the edge of the crater. At the center of the impact site rested a large rock, at least a dozen feet across. “The meteorite is unnaturally tough. Normally when a meteor of this size impacts, most of the meteor is destroyed, but this one has stayed mostly intact. In addition, we have made several attempts at cutting into the meteorite, but they’ve all failed. Lastly, any attempts to move or damage the meteorite seem to agitate the psychic field it’s creating.”

“Alice recommended that we invite you here because you are a psychic who specializes in detecting things. She believes that you might be able to figure out the cause of the psychic field.” Doctor Evans explained.

“I’ll try my best.” Rose smiled nervously. It was true that Rose’s powers let her see things, but typically she used them more to see things that were far away. She had never tried to use them like this.

Rose walked up to the edge of the crater. Despite not being able to see, she still found that closing her eyes helped her focus. It was immediately apparent that the meteor was giving off some sort of psychic energy.

“Do you feel anything?” Doctor Evans asked.

“Let her focus.” Alice cut in.

“No, it’s okay.” Rose opened her eyes. “The energy that meteorite is giving off… It feels… Almost like a psychic type Pokemon.” She explained.

“You don’t think that there could somehow be a Pokemon trapped inside, do you?” Alice questioned.

“I’m not sure. I need to get closer to tell any more.” Rose said.
    “You can get closer if you want to, however, due to the unknown nature of the psychic field, you will need to wear an insulated suit to shield you from it.” Doctor Evans affirmed.

“If I wear a suit like that, I won’t be able to see anything either.” Rose explained. “I’ll be okay. I can shield myself from anything that field might do.” Doctor Evans glanced over at Alice, who nodded back.

“This is a breach of safety regulations, but I’ll allow it.” Doctor Evans said, his voice suddenly becoming more serious.

After Alice had changed into an insulated suit, the pair descended into the crater. The steep descent was aided by a rope handhold. Doctor Evans watched from the side as the two girls made their way towards the meteorite.

Now standing only several feet from the meteorite, Rose closed her eyes again, focusing. Rose could feel something; it was as if the meteorite was somehow breathing. The psychic field pulsed faintly, almost like a heartbeat. Rose walked up to the meteorite, moving her hand towards it.

“Wait-” Alice tried to stop her. Rose laid her hand on the meteorite, peering into it. And something peered back. Rose stumbled backwards, startled as the amount of energy the stone was putting out suddenly began to surge.

“Stand back!” Alice shouted, grabbing Rose’s arm and beginning to pull her away from the meteorite. Amirah let out a nervous chime, hovering circles around the two girls. Alice was mostly protected by the insulated suit, but the sudden surge of energy began to cause Rose’s head to ache. At the edge of the crater, it seemed that the energy had been powerful enough to knock the researchers unconscious.

“Rose, these readings- we need to get out of here!” Alice called out, looking up from the device she had been taking measurements with.

Rose watched in fear as cracks began to spread across the meteorite. She was certain now; There was something inside the meteorite. Something sentient. And whatever it was, it was building up energy. As Alice and Rose tried to make their way towards the edge of the crater, the ground began to shake.

“We’re not going to make it!” Alice shouted.

“Amirah, Protect!” Rose ordered. The psychic type let out a chime as a purple spherical barrier appeared around the two girls. Not even a second later, the stone ruptured, releasing a wave of debri and psychic energy. Even with the barriers protection, Alice and Rose were knocked down as the ground shook furiously, rocks raining down all around them. The barrier flashed and cracked as it was struck, but it held.

As the tremors began to subside, Amirah lowered the barrier. Rose stood up, coughing from the dust that had permeated the air. Even before the dust had settled, Rose could sense something standing where the Meteorite had previously been. It was a Pokemon unlike any she had ever seen. It appeared to be anthropomorphic, but it had two pairs of intertwined tendrils as arms. In its chest was a core of some sort. Soon, Alice had noticed it too.

“What… is that?” Rose questioned anxiously, concerned at what the clearly powerful Pokemon might do next.

“I’m not sure.” Alice responded, beginning to take more readings with the device in her hand. Rose removed a Pokeball from her bag. The Pokemon didn’t seem to be doing anything for the moment, but Rose could sense that it was dangerous.

“Do you have any Pokemon with you?” Rose asked.

“Just one unfortunately.” Alice said. The amount of power Rose could sense from this Pokemon was incredible. Even with her strongest team, Rose was unsure if she could win alone.

“Alice… Climb back out of the crater and try to call for help.” Rose suggested.

“I can’t leave you down here alone with that thing though.” Alice argued.

“I’ll be okay for now.” Rose insisted, releasing her first Pokemon: An Espeon. In truth, Rose was scared, but she felt that this was the best course of action. Alice turned and began to head back out of the crater.

“Lux-” Before Rose could finish her command, the mysterious Pokemon vanished.

“Alice, hold on-” Suddenly, the Pokemon reappeared, now less than ten feet away, blocking Alice’s exit. Its arm like appendages reared back slightly, then shot out directly at Alice. Before either of the girls could react, Lux darted out and lept between Alice and the unknown Pokemon, taking the brunt of the attack.

“Lux!” Rose shouted, watching as the small Pokemon fell to the ground. In one attack, the Pokemon had been able to knock out one of her team. She was relieved to see that the Espeon was breathing, but it was still badly injured. Her heart racing, she recalled it and prepared her next Pokemon.

“It looks like it isn’t going to let any of us leave.” Alice commented, a bit shaken up by what had just happened. Pulling out a Pokeball, Alice released her one Pokemon.

“Aster, crunch!.” Alice commanded. The Archeops swooped in, but as it drew close, the unknown Pokemon’s form began to change, its build becoming bulkier. The flying type chomped down on the Pokemon’s arm for several seconds, but seemed to do little damage. The Pokemon began to flail its arms around, sending Aster flying off.

Rose clicked two pokeballs, releasing a Starmie and a Malamar. She closed her eyes, focusing on the task at hand.

“Torrent, circle around and blast it with hydro pump while Luna keeps it occupied from the front.” Rose commanded telepathically. Luna slashed at the Pokemon with her tentacles, getting its attention, and actually seeming to do a bit of damage. As Torrent circled around the Pokemon, the deoxys shifted its attention to it, but in this new bulkier form, it was too slow to hit the much faster water type.

“Aster, Acrobatics!” Alice commanded, the flying type swooping in for another attack. While the unknown Pokemon was pinned down by her team’s attacks, Rose released a Metagross.

“Meta, Hammer arm!” She ordered. Just when it seemed like they may have a chance at winning, suddenly the Pokemon shifted forms again. This time, it took a much lighter, swifter looking form. It leapt into the air, avoiding all of the incoming attacks, before darting towards Rose’s Starmie.

The unknown Pokemon unleashed a quick flurry of attacks, then headbutt the water type, sending it flying. It dodged to the left, avoiding the Malamar’s attack, before switching forms again, now to something appearing more streamlined, and unleashed a devastating attack on Aster, knocking him out.

“Ignis,” Rose began, releasing a Delphox, “Blast it with everything you’ve got.” As the Malamar struggled to take the unknown Pokemon’s attacks, the Delphox unleashed a blast of fire, scoring a direct hit. The unknown Pokemon reeled back in pain. It seemed that in this form, it was more vulnerable to attack, but it would take more than that to finish it. Out of the fire it darted towards the Delphox, knocking him out with a barrage of attacks before teleporting back behind the Malamar, finishing her off.

Rose fearfully took a step back as she removed her last pokeball from her bag.

“T-this is it.” Rose stuttered, beginning to lose her composure. “Alice. While I fight it with my last Pokemon, I want you to try and escape again. Take Amirah with you. She’ll protect you.”

“I’m not leaving.” Alice said defiantly. “I have faith in you. And besides, I’m the one who asked you to come here, so I can’t just leave now.”

“In that case… I guess I have to find a way to win.” Rose took a deep breath, her hand trembling. She had saved her most powerful Pokemon for last. She pressed the button on her Pokeball, and her Pokemon- a Gardevoir- appeared in a flash of red light. Activating her keystone, the psychic type began to glow a brilliant white, its form changing.

Lily, Moonblast.” She ordered. The Gardevoir sprung into action, darting around to avoid the unknown Pokemon’s attacks as she unleashed a barrage of energy. Both Pokemon appeared evenly matched, teleporting back and forth in a chaotic series of skirmishes The battle would have been difficult to follow with sight alone, but with Rose’s powers, she could tell always exactly where both Pokemon were.

Lily blasted a psychic wave at the Pokemon, which then teleported behind the psychic type, body slamming it into the ground. While the Gardevoir struggled to stand, the unknown Pokemon, now severely weakened, began to gather energy in its core.

“Amirah, Protect!” Rose panickedly commanded her partner. A barrier formed just in time as the unknown Pokemon fired a hyper beam. The beam pounded the barrier, the force of the impact enough to send a blast of wind and heat in all directions. Rose watched anxiously, struggling to maintain her footing as the ground trembled violently. The barrier began to ripple and crack. Just as it seemed ready to give, the barrage ended.

For a moment as the dust cleared, the unknown Pokemon stood still. Then, after leaning back and forth several times, it collapsed. Focusing, Rose could sense that the Pokemon was unconscious.

“It’s… over.” Rose knelt down, feeling lightheaded from the stress of the battle that had just unfolded. It seemed that the Pokemon’s last attack had used up all of its remaining energy.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t help more, but I knew you could do it.” Alice smiled faintly. “We should capture it. It’s dangerous, but it’s not like any Pokemon I’ve ever heard of before. We’re going to have to study it.”

Rose nodded in agreement. While she was unsure if the great ball would be able to contain such a powerful Pokemon for an extended period of time, it was too dangerous to leave the Pokemon alone. For a moment, Rose wondered if the best thing to do might be to kill the Pokemon to ensure it couldn’t do any more harm, but she quickly pushed the thought out of her head. There was no way she could bring herself to do that.

“I’ll do it.” Rose said, standing back up. She pulled a great ball out of her bag and began walking towards the unknown Pokemon. As she got close, she paused for a second. Something was wrong. She took a step back. Before she could react, the Pokemon suddenly sprung back to life, its arms flailing about chaotically. Rose opened her mouth to say something, but before she could even give any commands, Amirah had already begun to raise a barrier between her and the Pokemon.

The unknown Pokemon sprung to its feet and lurched forward, headbutting the barrier. A loud crack echoed through the crater as the barrier shattered. Amirah struggled to create a new barrier, but was unable to use Protect again so quickly. The unknown Pokemon reeled back both arms in preparation for one last attack.

“Rose!” Alice cried out. Rose watched in terror, desperately trying to come up with something.

“Flamethrower.” The voice was followed by a sudden intense jet of flame from above, engulfing the Pokemon. Rose had been so focused on the threat in front of her that she had failed to notice a trainer fly in on the back of a Charizard. Ending its attack, the Charizard swooped down low to the ground, allowing the man on its back to hop off. The tall trainer appeared to be in his mid 20s.

“Who…” Rose began.

“We can talk when this is over.” The man replied, not giving Rose time to finish. Throwing two more Pokeballs, an Aggron and a Medicham appeared. The Aggron slammed into the ground, causing the unknown Pokemon to lose its balance, giving the Medicham a chance to move in close and deal several swift blows. The trainer’s Pokemon attacked relentlessly, never giving the unknown Pokemon a chance to counterattack. Soon, it had collapsed, this time down for good.

“Finish it.” The man ordered. The Aggron began to pick up a large chunk leftover from the shattered meteorite.

“What are you going to do?” Rose questioned concernedly.

“I’m going to make sure that thing can never hurt anyone.” The man replied.

“But-” Rose’s objection was cut off as the Aggron slammed the rock down on the Pokemon’s head, crushing it in one blow.

“Don’t try to say that we didn’t have to kill it.” The man said sternly. “if it had been allowed to live, it would have killed thousands of people.”

“How do you know that?” Rose asked with a mixture of sadness and anger, shocked at the man’s ability to kill a Pokemon without a second thought.

“Because I’ve seen it happen.” A look of sadness suddenly appeared in the man’s eyes. “That Pokemon was called Deoxys, and I’ve seen it bring down buildings and kill many people, some of my friends included. Let’s just leave it at that. If I told you much more I doubt you’d believe me anyway.” Rose calmed down slightly as she listened to the man’s explanation.

“Anyway, this is taking longer than it was supposed to. It’s about time I get going.” The man said, climbing back onto his Charizard.

“Wait… What’s your name?” Rose asked.

“Jo-” the man began, but stopped midway. “Nevermind.” Before Rose could ask anything else, the Charizard took off , and just as quickly as the trainer had appeared, he was gone.

“He didn’t even give us a chance to thank him…” Rose said, a bit disappointed. Alice looked up from where she had been examining Deoxys’ body.

“It’s over though, for real now.” Alice responded. Still shaken up, the pair began to make their way back out of the crater.

Spoiler:

“I thought I said not to talk to them.” The boy, appearing only 18, said.

“I’m sure I couldn’t have thrown off the timeline that bad.” Joseph responded nonchalantly.

“Small actions can have big consequences later on down the line.” Chime lectured.

“Well, it’s done now. Any more favors?” Joseph questioned, starting to feel slightly annoyed.

“Just one.”

Wow you wrote a lot! That's awesome!! Let the grading begin!

Spoiler:
    “I’m sure you’ve aware of the meteor that landed in the Sevii islands several days ago.
    This should be "you're" not you've.

Its Rose.
    Wrong its. This should be "it's" because the sentence is "it is Rose".

Not even a second later, the stone ruptured, releasing a wave of debri and psychic energy.
    There's a silent s at the end of "debris".

Even with the barriers protection, Alice and Rose were knocked down as the ground shook furiously
    This should either be "with the protection of the barrier" or "the barrier's protection".

As a random note, while I didn't count off for it, when you have a sentence like:
    “Of course.” Alice responded
    You should do:
    "Of course," Alice responded.
    This is one of those weirder grammar rules though so I'll let it slide this time.

2/2 for story!

12/13 for effort. You made a few mistakes that could've been easy caught, but you also wrote a huge chunk for the story so I'm willing to forgive most of them because mistakes like these can be harder to catch in such a huge story.

It over all was an enjoyable read and I can't wait to read more of your journal entries in the future! :D

14/15

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    GCEA Version: Decimation Blue
    Trainer Name: Kyo Writer
    Link to Stats: Meowstic
    Word Count: 1350
    Entry:
    Spoiler:
    Kyo stepped out of the elevator as the doors opened in front of her. Setting her shoulders back, she proceeded forward at an even pace, not acknowledging those she walked past as they saluted her. She stopped in front of a glass door, taking her keycard from her pocket and swiping it. The door slid open with a long hiss. Kyo stepped inside and quickly scanned the room.

There was lab equipment pressed against every wall, with cables covering the floor in a system that could only be described as organized chaos. They all lead to a device in the center of the room, a tall glass tube with a pedestal inside. A scientist stood next to it, his attention fully directed at the computer in front of him as he pecked away at the keys.*

Kyo approached him, standing a few feet away before clearing her through. “Doctor Iroh,” she said. The man snapped out of his focus and quickly stood at attention. Kyo scanned him up and down. He was less than presentable to her tastes, but he got results. Despite his small stature and sniveling appearance, this man had cracked the code to unlocking a Pokémon’s true power. Or so she had been told. Her visit today was to observe the results of this so-called untapped potential.

“General Writer, thank you for coming. As the superiors requested, I have been working endlessly on the Fantome Project, and after several successful trials, I believe I have succeeded in achieving the potential power levels you seek,” Iroh said as he gestured to the large tube. Kyo raised her eyebrows and waited with a neutral expression for Iroh to continue. He seemed a bit flustered by the lack of a response, sputtering out, “P-Please, follow me, I will explain.”

Iroh turned and began to lead Kyo to the other side of the lab where he opened the door into a long hallway. The hallway itself was narrow with two guards stationed at the far end, but most noticeable were a large number of doors and large windows staggered along the wall. These, Kyo knew, were containment units for experiments such as the one Doctor Iroh was working on.

“There have always been theories as to what can unlock a Pokémon’s true potential. Many claim it is friendship and partnership, but oftentimes we see some of the most powerful beasts are owned or created by tyrants who have lusted for power and treat their Pokémon not as living creatures but as too for their gain. It’s this complete disregard for their feelings th-“

“Please, spare me the backstory, Doctor,” Kyo interrupted in a slightly annoyed tone. “I am here for results, not a philosophy course at Driftveil University.”

Iroh shrunk down a little as if the words inflicted physical pain. “R-Right, of course, General Writer.” He gestured to one of the containment units. “We have been attempting to recreate the Shadow Theory Effect on these Pokémon using a mixture of those that were wild, stolen from trainers, or volunteered by members of the White Rocket organization. After many trial and errors, I believe we have succeeded in closing off the Pokémon’s heart completely, allowing for true power levels to be achieved that instincts such as loyalty or compassion might impede.”

Kyo peered into the containment unit. Iroh typed a code into a keypad next to the door, unlocking it. Opening it slightly, Iroh opened a pokéball and cast a Rattata inside before quickly shutting the door. Kyo watched as a Croconaw devoured a Rattata, tearing apart the smaller mouse Pokémon and casting the various parts everywhere, only to then gorge itself on the rodent’s flesh. Aside from all the blood, it appeared to look like a normal Pokémon. The Croconaw looked over at Kyo and growled, its eyes consumed by a deep red color as it lunged at the glass, beating against it as it attempted to attack its onlookers.*

Iroh started to speak again, but Kyo held up her hand to indicate he remain silent. Walking around deep in thought, Kyo peered into a few more of the units to find similar scenes of blood and gore before her. This was a good sign. Approaching Iroh again, she said, “Show me their battle statistics. How successful are they compared to others of their species.”

Iroh gave a quick nod before leading her out of the hallway, taking her back into the room they had just been in. Typing away at his computer, Iroh pulled up several screens involving the Croconaw and other Shadow Pokémon’s stats compared to before their transformation and compared to others of their species. Kyo leaned forward to look at the data. She smiled.*

“Impressive.” She looked at Iroh, “My bosses will be pleased. How soon before this technology can be used again?”*

“The machine can be used again immediately after it is used, sir,” Iroh replied.*

Kyo took a pokéball off her belt and held it out to Iroh. “I would like a demonstration, then.”

Iroh took the pokéball before giving Kyo a look of concern. “With all due respect, sir, are you sure? There have been some concerns of disobedience and-“

Kyo held up her hand to cut off Iroh again. “Just do your job, Doctor.”

Iroh nodded and opened the glass tube, placing the pokéball inside. He shut the glass tube again and several wires quickly connected themselves to the ball. An image of Kyo’s Meowstic appeared on Iroh’s computer. Beside the image, several bars appeared, reading “Door to Heart”, “Stress”, “Health”, as well as various other vital signs.*

“Initiating Shadow Process… now.” Iroh pushed a button and purple sparks began to engulf her pokéball inside the tube. Meowstic’s vitals began to go wild, with her stress bar spiking rapidly. However, unlike all the other bars and vital signs, the “Door to Heart” gauge slowly began to fill. Kyo watched it, a bit mesmerized as she felt an intense dark aura emanating from the tube. She could see Iroh’s hand hovering over the button he pushed to start this process as if he was ready to stop it anytime, but Kyo didn’t want it to stop. Her partner would soon be one of the most powerful Pokémon alive, how could she not give her partner such a beautiful opportunity?
    Slowly the gauge continued to fill until it was full. Meowstic’s vitals stabilized and the stress bar emptied. Iroh hit the button again and the wires retracted from the pokéball. He opened the tube and plucked the ball from the pedestal. Holding it out to Kyo, he said, “She may be a bit disoriented when you first use it, but the process is complete.”*

Kyo smiled as she took the pokéball back. Iroh jumped back as she opened it, unleashing Meowstic onto the floor in front of her. A dark presence seemed to swirl around Meowstic as she stood up and turned to face Kyo. Her eyes gleamed a bright red, no hint of affection behind them. Good. “Meowstic, Shadow Ball on the wall over there,” she commanded.*

“Wait wait we have-“ Iroh started, only to dive when Meowstic launched a Shadow Ball at the wall. The ball of energy blasted through the steel wall, leaving a gaping hole into the hallway next door. Kyo approached it to inspect the damage when she noticed a commotion on the other side of the wall.*

The two guards from before were currently opening the door to the Croconaw’s chamber and returning it to a pokéball along with several of the other shadow experiments. At the sound of the steel breaking, they had also turned to look into Kyo’s direction, making eye contact with her before making a break in the other direction.*

“Sound the alarm! The experiments are being taken!” Kyo shouted at Iroh before opening the door into the hallway. “Meowstic, with me!” She ran after the two guards with her Meowstic by her side. They would not get away, not with the new weapon of mass destruction that was her partner in pursuit of them.

Trainer Name: Amy Risa
    Link to Stats: Froslass
    Word Count: 1072
    Entry:
    Spoiler:
    Amy stood stiff as she could, arms folded behind her as she marched down the long hallway. The White Rocket uniform was uncomfortable, even forcing her to try and stuff her long curly red hair inside a hat. Still, it was necessary for the mission, so she couldn’t complain. As she and the other guard reached the end of the hallway, they saluted the other guards, signaling it was time to switch stations. The other guards wordlessly saluted back then marched off towards the doors to their left and right. Once they were gone, Amy and the other guard took their places.*

Amy remained still for a few minutes before sighing and relaxing a little. The other guard lightly hit Amy on the arm, causing Amy to glare at her. “Straighten your back, Wildfire,” the other guard said quietly, “the scientist or anyone else needs to be convinced we’re actual guards.”

Amy stretched for a second before resuming her stiff stance. “I don’t know how you do this for hours at a clip, Theresa,” she mumbled back.

“Lots of training,” Theresa replied with a smile. She opened her mouth to say something else when the door at the far end of the hall beeped. Both girls went completely still, keeping their gazes straight ahead as two people entered the hallway from the other end.*

Amy did her best to observe the two as they began to inspect the containment units all along the hall. Amy recognized the stout man from the files she had read. That was Doctor Iroh Mako, the head scientist on the Fantome Project. If their intel was correct, he had managed to creature a new type of Pokémon far more powerful than anything else the world had ever seen. The tall woman who was with him had not been in the files for this mission. Amy wasn’t sure who she was exactly, but given the decorations on her uniform, she could only guess she was a high ranking member of the White Rocket organization.*

Doctor Mako was showing the high ranking official around the facility before typing a code into one of the doors. Amy couldn’t see it but their intel had given them a few possible codes, which both girls had memorized. Amy watched as a pokéball was tossed inside only to be shortly followed by a Croconaw attacking the window with blood covering its face. The sight made her sick to her stomach. “Hunter…” she whispered.*

She wanted to run to her partner, but she couldn’t right now. They just needed to wait a few more minutes, then she could rescue him. He’d be safe soon enough. Amy waited impatiently as the White Rocket strode around the room in silence before she finally directed the scientist out of the room. Amy and Theresa stayed still for a few moments longer before she signaled Amy.*

“We don’t have much longer until they come back to finish the audit and collect these guys. You get the doors on the left, I’ll get the ones on the right.” Theresa looked at Amy and said, “Just try every passcode until something works.”

Amy nodded at her instructions and moved quickly to the first door. Taking the pokéball from the slot next to the door, Amy began to punch different codes into the door until it finally opened. She quickly returned the first Pokémon to its pokéball and clipped it to her belt, before proceeding to repeat this process with every Shadow Pokémon in a containment unit. Finally, at the end of the row, Amy stepped in front of the containment unit with the Croconaw.*

She picked up the pokéball, it still bearing the “A” sticker on the front she had placed on it to mark it as hers. Amy clutched it tightly as she gazed through the glass at the carnage inside Hunter’s containment unit. “I’m sorry I let this happen to you,” she whispered, “I’m going to fix it.”

Theresa walked up behind Amy and pat her shoulder. “Return him to his pokéball and let’s hurry before they come back.” Amy nodded and began punching in various codes until the door opened with a click. Amy opened the door and aimed the pokéball at Hunter right as the wall behind them exploded. Amy turned her head to see a gaping hole in the wall with Doctor Mako, the White Rocket, and a Shadow Meowstic on the other side. Tauros crap.*

“WILDFIRE!” Theresa yelled, grabbing and pulling Amy back as Hunter launched a Water Gun in their direction.*

“RIGHT SORRY!” Amy quickly returned him to his pokéball before both girls bolted, the White Rocket hot in pursuit.*

Alarms began to sound as they dashed through the hallways. It wouldn’t be long until the whole area was flooded with guards. Amy glanced over at Theresa and saw her use her fist to sign “D”. Extraction plan D it was then. As they approached a nearby set of windows, Amy pulled out one of her pokéballs and unleashed a Togekiss while Theresa sent out her Braviary.*

“Ramsey! Use Aura Sphere!”*

“Kiss!” The Togekiss began to form an orb in its wings.*

“Masamune use Protect,” Theresa commanded. The Braviary quickly flew in between the woman and their White Rocket pursuer. A green shield formed in between them, blocking several Shadow Ball and Charge Beam attacks.*

The White Rocket looked frustrated until her Meowstic let out a shrill shriek, a dark aura consuming her. Right as Ramsey unleashed an aura sphere, shattering the windows to allow for Amy and Theresa to escape, the Meowstic charged and burst through the Protect, slashing Masamune’s face. Latching onto him, she unleashed another Charge Beam, frying the bird.*

Theresa quickly returned Masamune to his pokéball and backed away from the crazy infected cat. Their intel was right, these things were powerful. Too powerful. She didn’t have anything that stood a chance against this thing. And neither did Amy.*

Theresa glanced over her shoulder as Ramsey’s Aura Sphere broke open the wall behind them. “Go go!” she shouted, grabbing Amy by the waist and diving out the window. Ramsey was fast behind them, dodging another Charge Beam before diving below them to break their fall.*

Amy glanced behind her as the White Rocket facility grew further and further away. She sighed, clutching Hunter’s pokéball closer to her chest. “We’ll find a way to purify you,” she whispered, “I promise.”
    Claiming both my 15s here.
    / / / / / / / /

Question

Lychee
    Word Count: 811
    Entry: 7 Year Event, week 4- Favorite Trainer. The final theme is for you to highlight your favorite champion, elite four member, gym leader, or other established pokemon NPC.

Spoiler:
    Journal. Winter. Late night, rainy.
    Water, dark and ice types around outdoors.
    Half moon behind the clouds. No wind. Athemiometer is reading green. Mood ring,blue.
    At home tucked into my blanket, no need for supplies.

It's terrible weather out there tonight. The rain is freezing cold, but not cold enough to become snow. It's not a night to go out exploring in the mountains. Tonight, we had a family movie night instead. It was really sweet, all five or six of us in a big pile in front of the TV. Mum made pop-nuts and dad bought some lemonade from the Pokecentre. Even our pokemon are happy to just snuggle into a cushion indoors. Well, except for dads vulpix- we put her outdoors and she's having a ball frolicking in the rain. Something about the way she enjoys it makes me wonder if vulpix secretly do like the cold- even though they're fiery, they often live on freezing cold mountaintops. I heard a rumor that in Alola, vulpix are ice type entirely! I'm not sure if I should believe it. I didn't even think Alola had high enough mountains to have snow! It doesn't seem very logical.

My diary entry tonight isn't really about pokemon, it is about people. Watching the movie "Oaks Documentary: Part 1, Welcome to the World of Pokemon" made me think more about people. Specifically, Professors. The Pokemon Professors in each region of the world seem to be quite different, and I suppose in my region I would have to go see Professor Elm. I'm not really a fan of him, as he is a bit scatterbrained and hot-headed, and he seems to be mostly interested in eggs. I mean, eggs are interesting, I guess, but once he discovered that pokemon laid eggs, that was the end of it! Pokemon breeders have existed for a long time, and honestly I wonder why nobody discovered eggs before him. I suspect that he rudely barged his way into a pokemon nest and took an egg, which is something other Professors might not have done before. Elm has a wife and kids down south, and I suppose I could become a trainee under him... except that I don't really respect his work and I think it would be a little boring.
    Professor Oak studies relationships between humans and pokemon, which makes him an excellent presenter in documentaries like the one we watched tonight. Somehow, I feel like he is charismatic but not actually very intelligent. He gives off that elderly kind of vibe that makes me think he might die soon. He's been around a very long time! I believe he has seen both legendaries AND cryptic pokemon, but he has decided to keep his mouth shut on information about them. Working with him would be something special, but I think he takes trainees in quite often, and I get the feeling he would send me out on a mission to learn about friendship or something stupid like that. Friendships are valuable, I don't need a Professor to teach me that lesson!
    In other regions, I suppose there are Professors like Birch, who studies habitats (He might take an interest in my work that I've recorded while hiking!) and Professor Rowan, who studies evolution. While evolution and habitats are a core part of understanding pokemon both recorded and unrecorded, I can't help but feel like these Professors are missing the big picture. Ideally, all aspects of a pokemon need to be compiled into a holistic view, in order to truly understand a pokemons' nature, history, and potential.
    There are some Professors who I hardly think should be called that at all, like Kukui, who mostly studies attacks, and Sycamore and Magnolia, who both study ways of powering up pokemon (Mega Evolution and Dynamax). What are they looking for? Yes, pokemon can gain power through different means, but what is the purpose of understanding that? Honestly, I think these Professors could easily be a front for some sort of government military research. It seems too similar to researching missiles or radiation, or how to build a better gun. Somewhat pointless and probably harmful in the long run.
    The only Professor who I like the idea of working with is Professor Juniper from Unova. She seems to have a lot to say, and seems particularly interested in the origins of pokemon- as well as making sure to thoroughly research and question history, and not abuse the power of both pokemon and knowledge. She has made some amazing discoveries in her time, and she's not too old or likely to retire anytime soon. I would be a little bit worried that working for her might involve a lot of archaeological work, but I think it's something I could bear.
    Unfortunately for me, Unova is a long way away.
    My parents will probably push me to go work with Elm. Ugh.

Lychee
    Word Count: 541
    Entry:

Spoiler:
    Journal. Winter. Morning, snowing.
    Ice types only.
    No moon. Very light breeze from the east. Athemiometer is reading purple. Mood ring, yellow.
    Supplies: A thermos of hot Tapu-Cocoa and some sugar biscuits.

A grey and soft morning, despite the freezing temperature. I don't have school for a while, so there's more energy I can spend out in the mountains hunting down cryptid pokemon. I feel as though this weather is very good for finding the pre-evolution of Snover, which I would call 'Iceprout'. It is the kind of weather that people often disappear into and never come back- the kind of weather a baby Snover might be born into, as the snow flowers are beginning to bloom. I pick one as I walk past a spray of them poking their heads up beside the path. They're pretty, and very strange. My kind of flower!

The snow is steady, but I can see many different pokemon tracks in it. Only ice types seem to be about today- all the flying types are snuggled up in nests, and many other normal types are in burrows. Water types are frozen under the surface of lakes, or taking shelter in caves. The grass types usually migrate away from this area in winter (apart from those with coping mechanisms, like Abomasnow and Snover for example) and electrical types are simply not common up here to begin with. I suppose I won't go through every type and explain why they aren't around, it would take up too much time. Regardless, I only have to look through a few pages of my pokemon tracks flipbook because ice pokemon are the only ones out right now. It's handy.

So, I follow some tracks which look like Snover- a shuffling of two pointed feet and a tail. Eventually they join up with a larger track- my flipbook tells me this is Abomasnow, because the body is higher off the ground and the feet have shaggy edges. While I wouldn't particularly like to meet one of those pokemon, I do wonder where the Abomasnow move back to when the final petal falls from the flowers. I also wonder about the relationship between Abomasnow and these flowers- do they come out specifically to find them, do the flowers bloom because of their blizzard-making tendencies, or are the flowers just an indicator? There could be something else going on as well- perhaps the snow flower is an ancient relative of the Snover evolutionary line? They are trees, after all.

I followed these two tracks over hills and around cliffs, finding it hard to see ahead or recognize the landscape around me. The snow fell heavier, and I took a break in a sheltered cave to have some of my supplies. A hot drink is a wonderful thing on a morning like this. I didn't expect to be out so long, and the blizzard is certainly becoming a hazard. I poked my head out of the cave and looked from side to side, watching my footprints and the track I was following becoming quickly covered over by fresh snowfall. Looks like my chances to investigate were quickly running out.

In the white blurry distance, I see the movement of a few trees.
    They're coming closer.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

@Lychee You get the full 15 for both! I only caught one mistake in the second one so great work on both!

And if you're wondering what it was:
    Eventually they join up with a larger track
    You just need a common after "Eventually".
    / / / / / / / /

11. This post has been liked by:

Lychee