I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

GCEA Sinnoh Battle Calculator

@Rival Max @Brettles @Noblejanobii @AWA1997 @Shruikan @evanfardreamer @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Suicune's Fire @Everyone who is playing GCEA Sinnoh

So, with Sinnoh starting in just over two days, I feel like it is appropriate to give you this.

This is a calculator for battling that I designed a few months back.

The reason for this is that we are going back to the GCEA Hoenn system of battling (as opposed to Kanto, which most of you are used to). The difference between these two systems is the bonuses. In Kanto, the bonuses were fixed. No matter which Pokemon you were battling against, if you had an evolution or type advantage, you would get a fixed bonus. Hoenn, the system that was designed before that, was variable. The bonus was dependent on the current hitpoints of the disadvantaged Pokemon. Whilst this made it somewhat more complicated, it also introduced a degree of skill, learning how to use choose which Pokemon and when to use them to get the best possible outcome (I won't spoil this now, but might divulge this later).

Basically, when we were talking about doing Sinnoh, I made it clear that I was not for the Kanto battling system, and designed the calculator allowing us to do Hoenn without people tearing their hair out trying to figure out why the hell the bonuses aren't correct.

So here is the calculator. Some things to be aware of:
    1. You will find that you can't edit this document, making it unusable. That is intentional. You will be required to click File> Make a Copy, that way you can use this calculator without affecting the master copy.
    2. Whilst this calculator is pretty accurate, it was made by a human (me) to do the sums the way I do them. There may be a couple of errors on my end which may cause certain scenarios to not work (for example, if the calculators database has a Pokemon's name spelt wrong, it won't recognize that Pokemon). If you come across anything like this, or anything that doesn't seem to make sense, please follow the troubleshooting I will write up after this, and if it is still there, PM it to me. I will endeavor to fix it as soon as I can.
    3. The unfortunate reality of fixing these mistakes is that for the mistakes to be fixed on individual copies of the calculator, updated versions will need to be downloaded. When I update it, and it is ready, I will tag everyone in a post, and they can download the updated version.
    4. Pokemon names need to be spelt correctly for the Calculator to work. I will provide a list of names for Pokemon with multiple forms that the calculator should accept.
    5. ONLY FILL IN THE WHITE CELLS. THE BLACK CELLS CONTAIN CODE TO DO CALCULATIONS AND CHANGING THESE WILL RENDER THE CALCULATOR USELESS AND REQUIRE YOU TO MAKE ANOTHER COPY.

The current version of the GCEA Battle Calculator is V1.3!
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 04-12-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Senior Moderator

Appendix 1: Troubleshooting
    1. Are both Pokemon's names spelled correctly? Refer to Appendix 2 for more complicated names.
    2. Is there a space after either Pokemon's name? If there is, it will throw the calculator.
    3. Is there a space after either Pokemon's points? If there is, it will throw the calculator.
    4. Is your Calculator up to date as per the first post of this thread?
    5. Delete your copy and download a new one from the link above, and make sure that no cells are changed other than the ones necessary for the calculator operation. This establishes that there hasn't been an accidental change of the formulas.

If there are still problems after all of these, please PM me with details and I will endeavor to fix it.

Senior Moderator

Appendix 2: Correct Names for Calculator
    Deoxys (N)
    Deoxys (A)
    Deoxys (D)
    Deoxys (S)
    Wormadam (P)
    Wormadam (S)
    Wormadam (T)
    Shellos
    Gastrodon
    Rotom
    Rotom (Heat)
    Rotom (Wash)
    Rotom (Frost)
    Rotom (Spin)
    Rotom (Cut)
    Giratina
    Giratina (O)
    Shaymin
    Shaymin (S)
    Darmanitan
    Darmanitan (Z)
    Meloetta (A)
    Meloetta (P)
    Hoopa (C)
    Hoopa (U)
    Mega Venusaur
    Mega Charizard X
    Mega Charizard Y
    Mega Blastoise
    Mega Alakazam
    Mega Gengar
    Mega Kangaskhan
    Mega Pinsir
    Mega Gyarados
    Mega Aerodactyl
    Mega Mewtwo X
    Mega Mewtwo Y
    Mega Ampharos
    Mega Scizor
    Mega Heracross
    Mega Houndoom
    Mega Tyranitar
    Mega Blaziken
    Mega Gardevoir
    Mega Mawile
    Mega Aggron
    Mega Medicham
    Mega Manectric
    Mega Banette
    Mega Absol
    Mega Garchomp
    Mega Lucario
    Mega Abomasnow
    Mega Beedrill
    Mega Pidgeot
    Mega Slowbro
    Mega Steelix
    Mega Sceptile
    Mega Swampert
    Mega Sableye
    Mega Sharpedo
    Mega Camerupt
    Mega Altaria
    Mega Glalie
    Mega Salamence
    Mega Metagross
    Mega Latias
    Mega Latios
    Mega Rayquaza
    Mega Lopunny
    Mega Gallade
    Mega Audino
    Mega Diancie
    Alolan Rattata
    Alolan Raticate
    Alolan Raichu
    Alolan Sandshrew
    Alolan Sandslash
    Alolan Vulpix
    Alolan Ninetales
    Alolan Diglett
    Alolan Dugtrio
    Alolan Meowth
    Alolan Persian
    Alolan Geodude
    Alolan Graveler
    Alolan Golem
    Alolan Grimer
    Alolan Muk
    Alolan Exeggutor
    Alolan Marowak
    Primal Kyogre
    Primal Groudon

Senior Moderator

@Suicune's Fire @Rival Max @Shruikan @Noblejanobii @AWA1997 @Brettles

Calculator has been updated to include a bonuses field so you can fill in the sheet. Please delete your old copy and download a new one above. click the link then go FIle> Make A Copy.

Cheers.

5. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

V1.2 Release Notes
    New version can be found in the first post. This is a major update so it is imperative that you delete your old copy and create a new one from the link above.

Changelog
    >Addressed miscalculation in bonus field on main page. Now calculates correctly.
    >Removed glitch where a Pokemon beginning a battle on less than 5 points was boosted to five points after the first bonus was calculated.
    >Fixed mistake where the wrong cell was referenced, causing Pokemon 1 gaining shadow typing to cause Pokemon 2 to lose its secondary typing and Pokemon 2 becoming a shadow type would retain its shadow typing.
    >Added Necrozma variants

All of this is very specific stuff, with the only one that would have been a problem in the near future being the first, however it presented a huge problem, hence the need for an update so soon. Hopefully soon there will be no glitches and any updates will be for ease of use (y)

So yeah, make sure to download the new version!
    @Brettles @Rival Max @AWA1997 @Suicune's Fire @Noblejanobii @Shruikan

Senior Moderator

V1.3 Release Notes
    New version can be found in the first post. For the most part, fixing the eviolite glitch and a few minor bug fixes.

Make sure you delete your old version and download the new version! @5TailedDemonLizard @AWA1997 @Brettles @Lychee @Noblejanobii @Rival Max @Shruikan @Suicune's Fire @Truly

8. This post has been liked by: