Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    With all due respect to noble she is wrong.
    So the ruling on the spreadsheet suggestion is a no then? Cause I felt like that was a pretty good compromise. Heck I’ll even put it together for you.

As much as you’re replying to everyone else you seem to be ignoring the feedback I gave so you can kinda see why I feel like you haven’t been taking feedback for this.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    So the ruling on the spreadsheet suggestion is a no then? Cause I felt like that was a pretty good compromise. Heck, I’ll even put it together for you.

As much as you’re replying to everyone else you seem to be ignoring the feedback I gave so you can kinda see why I feel like you haven’t been taking feedback for this.
    I read two posts from you. Neither of which had a resolution. Both posts were to elaborate on exactly what Jacob said. Also, I wanted to give time for more people to respond which is why I didn't reply for a little while to any posts.

There a big mistake here and it is in thinking that GCEA does not change. The game itself changes and adapts like every other game. However, there are a few core principles to this game that have remained and represent what this game is. The game does adapt and you will find the discussion for basic changes going back in all the great staff sections from the point the game started. So you can actually go back to the beginning of gcea (If pe2k was more accessible) and find are an early discussion.

The issue we are running into here is what creative freedom means. In my eyes, it's limited to the story and the movement of the character and story and the other being. What GCEA is? The game's title literally explains what the game is about. There is a master point list, a regional dex and all the pokemon available are listed on the front page of each game thread. So no one should have a hard time finding pokemon avaible in the game. I have many hours into making this process easy for people to find and understand.

Sadly throughout this thread the responses I have seen paint a grim picture of " change the system to my way or the game will fail" I can not and will not buy into as I have 7 to 8 years of data that shows that not to be true.

Noble if I missed a post with a solution please link me to it

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

You have data to back you up? Show us. Show us that everything you are saying is right because so far you have provided nothing aside from recycled arguements and changing the subject.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    I read two posts from you. Neither of which had a resolution. Both posts were to elaborate on exactly what Jacob said. Also, I wanted to give time for more people to respond which is why I didn't reply for a little while to any posts.

There a big mistake here and it is in thinking that GCEA does not change. The game itself changes and adapts like every other game. However, there are a few core principles to this game that have remained and represent what this game is. The game does adapt and you will find the discussion for basic changes going back in all the great staff sections from the point the game started. So you can actually go back to the beginning of gcea (If pe2k was more accessible) and find are an early discussion.

The issue we are running into here is what creative freedom means. In my eyes, it's limited to the story and the movement of the character and story and the other being. What GCEA is? The game's title literally explains what the game is about. There is a master point list, a regional dex and all the pokemon available are listed on the front page of each game thread. So no one should have a hard time finding pokemon avaible in the game. I have many hours into making this process easy for people to find and understand.

Sadly throughout this thread the responses I have seen paint a grim picture of " change the system to my way or the game will fail" I can not and will not buy into as I have 7 to 8 years of data that shows that not to be true.

Noble if I missed a post with a solution please link me to it
    First post, second paragraph, sub-bullet 5 addresses the topic of the actual debate and presents a solution to that point.
    If this really needs to persist a better solution would be to list every Pokémon in the regional dex in a searchable spreadsheet on google sheets OR list every Pokémon and have a yes or no next to them corresponding to with who is and isn’t in the regional dex to make it a lot easier for players and GMs to figure out what is and isn’t in the dex.
    I get you’re trying to make this into a debate about creative freedom and I don’t have a solution to that other than my motto of improvise, adapt, and overcome, but I did provide a solution to the actual debate topic. So, yeah again you can see where I’m coming from on the whole feedback thing because candidly you didn’t even really acknowledge my posts at all up until now. And granted it was a text wall so it might’ve been easy to miss but I did present a solution. And like I offered I’ll even put the spreadsheet together for you to use in the BB sequel since it’ll keep things a lot more organized and easier for both the GMs and users to access.

Addressing your second point while I’m sure you’ve taken feedback in the past, you really haven’t since I joined GCEA so since I actually can’t access those past discussions given I don’t have the permissions for those forums since I’m not GCEA staff anymore my only frame of reference is my own experiences. So I’ll concede, my viewpoint is probably skewed and flawed as a result. If you could provide an example I am open to changing my mind on this.

Respectfully, I’ve already given my two cents about creative freedom in the first post so I’m not going to clog up the thread repeating that. But again, you gave Jacob creative freedom. Letting him experiment won’t kill GCEA. Especially when as Brettles suggested, you don’t have to reflect those changes in the games you run.

I haven’t gotten that interpretation at all from any of the posts here. Its why Brettles literally says the games can be run different based on the GM. If you want to keep the rule then that’s fine. AWA and I have presented solutions for you to make the system a bit more efficient and organized to keep some stress off of you if you want to continue the situation. You’re presenting this like it’s a black and white situation, an all or nothing ultimatum, which is a grave fallacy in debating. When in reality most of the solutions presented by users so far have been decent compromises.
    / / / / / / / /

5. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    First post, second paragraph, sub-bullet 5 addresses the topic of the actual debate and presents a solution to that point.

I get you’re trying to make this into a debate about creative freedom and I don’t have a solution to that other than my motto of improvise, adapt, and overcome, but I did provide a solution to the actual debate topic. So, yeah again you can see where I’m coming from on the whole feedback thing because candidly you didn’t even really acknowledge my posts at all up until now. And granted it was a text wall so it might’ve been easy to miss but I did present a solution. And like I offered I’ll even put the spreadsheet together for you to use in the BB sequel since it’ll keep things a lot more organized and easier for both the GMs and users to access.

Addressing your second point while I’m sure you’ve taken feedback in the past, you really haven’t since I joined GCEA so since I actually can’t access those past discussions given I don’t have the permissions for those forums since I’m not GCEA staff anymore my only frame of reference is my own experiences. So I’ll concede, my viewpoint is probably skewed and flawed as a result. If you could provide an example I am open to changing my mind on this.

Respectfully, I’ve already given my two cents about creative freedom in the first post so I’m not going to clog up the thread repeating that. But again, you gave Jacob creative freedom. Letting him experiment won’t kill GCEA. Especially when as Brettles suggested, you don’t have to reflect those changes in the games you run.

I haven’t gotten that interpretation at all from any of the posts here. Its why Brettles literally says the games can be run different based on the GM. If you want to keep the rule then that’s fine. AWA and I have presented solutions for you to make the system a bit more efficient and organized to keep some stress off of you if you want to continue the situation. You’re presenting this like it’s a black and white situation, an all or nothing ultimatum, which is a grave fallacy in debating. When in reality most of the solutions presented by users so far have been decent compromises.
    In the creation of Platinum I took feedback. The battling system was changed again. The second was fully overhauling the gameplay of this version. Two pretty big changes especially considering the work invested in the ladder. So changes and compromise are not on issue on my part.

I have things i need to focus on so I will chime when Jacob says the debate has concluded. Feel free to post thoughts and concerns on this issue. For those staff members here more changes will be coming so please make sure to comment when possible.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I actually would like feedback on the spreadsheet suggestion though, since this is now my fourth time mentioning it, and you still have yet to acknowledge it.

Given its 4 AM now though I too shall retire to more important things I should focus on, known as sleep. Until later!
    / / / / / / / /

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

No data I see. Just like I thought. Plenty of big talk but no substance.
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 02-03-2019 at 09:36 AM.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    OK, I will admit, until I saw this discussion, I didn't even know this was a rule.

So, GCEA is about catching them all, ok, so why are event pokemon limited? If It's about catching the pokemon, then shouldn't being able to get those pokemon quicker be a good thing? The way the battle system works, pokemon wouldn't be overpowered, the only balence issue would be if someone got a pokemon worth 40 points for 5, and everyone else had to catch the same one later at full cost., which could be easily worked around.

I honestly don't see this as changing something that's working, because if it was working, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

10. This post has been liked by:

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Just want to pop in and remind everyone to keep this civil, and please listen to each other.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

12. This post has been liked by:

Basically what I'm gleaning from all this is:

Is there even a point to this debate? As I'm interpreting, Max isn't going to change his stance no matter the argument. I think you've firmly made up your mind and even if what you're standing for can be changed without breaking the game, I don't think you're interested in changing it so...any argument is going to fall flat no matter its logic or reasoning. Is that a correct assessment? I'm not saying you're incapable of change, but I am saying that I don't think you're open to budging on this issue no matter the argument in favour of it.

Similarly, Jacob isn't going to budge either. You firmly believe that you have a solid argument but this debate has not shifted at all. So you're getting frustrated because you feel like you're being shot down and ignored even if your points make a lot of sense.

What I do understand is that Max doesn't want things changed because it's his game. That's something I can wrap my head around, although I think that most people replying to this thread don't actually know why the pokedex is limited, and so far it seems to only work against the motto of "gotta catch them all" if 39% of "all," which is 210 pokemon, is literally unobtainable except through events. Which means...we would individually have to participate in two hundred and ten events to obtain those pokemon. Which...doesn't...seem logical or attainable. If we did one event per week, which is a lot of time and effort assuming it's a creative contest or something we have to do in addition to regular GCEA posts, that would mean 52 events a year. Which would mean we'd take four years to get the Sinnoh Pokédex pokemon alone. Which to me does not push the concept of "gotta catch 'em all," unless there's a hidden "over five to ten years" on the end of it. xD

So I get you being protective, but I don't get why this is a bad thing to change. Yes ultimately it's your decision but I don't think one person who's responded to this thread can understand why it's limited because it's a direct contradiction to the slogan which is your entire argument for this issue.

--

So all in all, people are getting frustrated, things aren't changing, and I personally only see a larger divide between creator and players at this stage. Also, just make sure you guys are keeping level heads. Best leave emotion out of this as best you can.

14. This post has been liked by: