I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Gotta Catch 'Em All: Sinnoh Partner Request (The GCEA Credit Union)

Gotta Catch 'Em All hinges on story and character development. Part of this involves the bond between a trainer and their Pokemon. In Hoenn, Jacob had Gallade, Brettles had Alakazam, Lucian had Greninja. And this worked out well. But sometimes, it can work out better... Sometimes, the story doesn't wait.

So here is what we have: The GCEA Credit Union.

What this does is allow you to get a Pokemon early, if it suits the story. This Pokemon however, is not usable for battling or Pokedex count, and cannot be leveled up or evolved. It is only useful for story purposes, until you reach an event where you could get that Pokemon. For example, I could say that an Exeggcute could be great for Sophie's character development, and if the application is successful, she will receive this Pokemon. However until she completes an event where she would normally gain this Pokemon (birthday, half birthday, story challenge etc) it will not be usable in game outside of story.

Rules:
    1. Players can only have one credited Pokemon at a time. If you have a credited Pokemon, it must be 'paid out' (by encountering it in story or completing an event), before another application can be made.
    2. Credited Pokemon can not be used in battle until it is 'paid out'.
    3. Credited Pokemon cannot be counted towards Pokedex entries until it is 'paid out'.
    4. Credited Pokemon cannot be evolved or leveled up until it is 'paid out'.
    5. If an event is eligible to 'pay out' a credited Pokemon, it may automatically be used pay it out. In the event of Pokemon that can be encountered in game, events won't automatically be used until the GM determines that the Pokemon can not be encountered in game again. Players will be notified. For example, Absol is only encountered in one place in the game. If the player passes through that area, and doesn't catch it (be it due to RNG or lack of points for the player to catch the Pokemon), and the GM determines that is the last opportunity to catch the Pokemon in game, the next event will be used.

Form
    Character:
    Story:
    Pokemon:
    Purpose in Story: (If you want this to be secret for now, we can discuss this later. Just say 'Spoilers'
    Location/Time when Pokemon is received:

Current Credited Pokemon
    Rival Max- Teddiursa (Renny)
    Shruikan- Porygon (Neith)
    Desolate Divine- Onix (Sophie)

Past Credited Pokemon
    Desolate Divine- Type: Null (Sophie)
    Noblejanobii- Snorunt (Amy)
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 03-27-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Senior Moderator

@Rival Max @Shruikan

Your characters Teddiursa and Porygon respectively are Credited Pokemon, so will need to be paid out before you guys can credit another.

Senior Moderator

Character: Sophie Reed
    Story: Platinum
    Pokemon: Type: Null
    Purpose in Story: Spoilers. To be a partner, but is much deeper, which will be revealed later in the story.
    Location/Time when Pokemon is received: Jubilife City during next story section.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Character: Amy Risa
    Story: platinum
    Pokemon: Snorunt
    Purpose in Story: The snorunt was abused and abandoned. Needs to be rehomed and learn how to trust humans again.
    Location/Time when Pokemon is received: Jubilife City Whenever is convenient
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Character: Amy Risa
    Story: platinum
    Pokemon: Snorunt
    Purpose in Story: The snorunt was abused and abandoned. Needs to be rehomed and learn how to trust humans again.
    Location/Time when Pokemon is received: Jubilife City Whenever is convenient
    Approved. Probably when they hit up the Pokemon Centre. I will let you run NPCs for the encounter.

6. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Sophie's Type: Null and Amy's Snorunt are now paid off.

Character: Sophie Reed
    Pokemon: Onix
    Purpose in Story: Nothing huge, however it makes more sense for her to receive this Pokemon whilst in Orebourgh city than anywhere else.
    Location/Time when Pokemon is received: Orebourgh City.

Character: Palila Rae
    Pokemon: Chatot
    Purpose in Story: A colourful bird to join the colourful Palilas' flock. Adept at mimicry, which could lead to all sorts of silly shenanigans, as well as cool stealth options.
    Location/Time when Pokemon is received: Eterna City Condominiums (the same place it is encountered in Platinum games?)

Senior Moderator

Interesting! Approved.

Once we are in Etrana forest, send me a message (I will endeavor to remember to contact you about it but just as a failsafe) and we will organize it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk