Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Moderator

@Kentucky Fried Torchic

"All right--as a dwarf, you have increased defense, resistance to fire, resistance to poison, and nightvision as innate powers." Brock explains. "They strive for the greater good, often erring on the side of lawful good--although neutral good dwarves are also common. They tend to lean towards the tank classes, or a cleric if they wield magic at all. Dwarves also know how to read runes, but that is the extent of most magical ability for them."
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Actually Prefers Popeyes Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    @EmeraldSky

Gary scribbled down the abilities on his character sheet as quickly as Brock rattled them off. "Fire, poison, nightvision," he said around his tongue. Then, Gary looked up and said, "I like the sound of being a tank! One question though, when you talk about being 'lawful good' or 'neutral good', how strict is that? I mean, if I'm 'lawful', does that mean that my character can never lie?"
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Current Projects:
    Fanfiction: Pokémon: Exodus (Chapter six of nine posted)
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

Senior Moderator

@Kentucky Fried Torchic

"The difference between lawful good and neutral good is how they perceive the law." Brock explains. "A lawful good character sees the law as generally the best way to govern, and will only resist if a law is harsh or unjust. A neutral good character believes the law is only a part of the greater good, and is not afraid to civilly disobey the law if it is for the greater good.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

@EmeraldSky

"Okay," Gary started, trying to figure out how to best phrase his question, "but how much does that tie my hands, like, me the player? Will the game stop me from doing certain things if I am lawful or not?"

Current Projects:
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Senior Moderator

@Kentucky Fried Torchic

"Well, in both cases, you obviously can't do anything evil." Brock explains. "This is not to say a lawful good character can't civilly disobey the law, but the occasions this can happen are very small for a lawful character. A neutral good character has more legroom to civilly disobey if doing so would help the greater good.

@EmeraldSky

Gary nodded once. He tried to think of anything more to ask about the subject, but drew a blank. If anything important came up later, he would just ask Brock. It was surprising how good a teacher this former gym leader was. Maybe that's why he and Ashy-boy had gotten so close. Gary's rival definitely needed all the help that he could get.

"What's next?" asked Gary after he had penned in "lawful good" in the section of the character sheet reserved for his character's alignment.

Current Projects:

Senior Moderator

@Kentucky Fried Torchic

"Next we decide on your class--the role your character plays within the party." Brock explained. "Dwarves lean towards physical classes, such as the fighter or warrior. The big difference being a fighter typically fights unarmed using martial arts, and the warrior is your standard sword-wielder. If they use magic at all, they are usually battle clerics or paladins."

@EmeraldSky

Gary grinned widely. "'Physical classes'; now you're talking my language! I knew I made a good choice with a dwarf!" he crowed, and then leaned back in his chair to think. "All of those sound pretty cool, but if I am going to be playing a fantasy game, then I want to be able to do some magic." Gary let his chair settle on the floor and used the momentum to bring him over his character sheet. "Let's do a paladin!" he said, starting to scratch away with his pencil again. "How many 'l's are in 'paladin'?"

Current Projects:

Senior Moderator

@Kentucky Fried Torchic

"Just one." Brock replied. "As a paladin, you start with the skills Sense Evil, Sense Deception, Sense Trap, Holy Aura--which is effectively invincibility for a short time--and Divine Flash--which is an offensive light burst."

He set the DungeonNav name generator to "Dwarf" "Before we roll stats, let's give your hero a name. This is how I will be addressing you in game."

@EmeraldSky

"Hey, invincibility! I can get behind that!" exclaimed Gary loudly as he made a note of all of these abilities. Already, it seemed like paladin was a pretty good choice - these were some pretty handy powers. Already his mind was racing about how he could best use them, but there was still more to do before he could get started.

It was pretty cool that there was someone out there who took the time to come up with all of these dwarf names. Almost more impressive was how many words for "rock" and "earth" said person came up with. Out of the curated list of dwarven (dwarfish? Gary wasn't sure which one was right) names, Gary selected one first name and one clan name. "'Graros Rockjaw'!" he announced his choice. "How does that sound?"

Current Projects: