Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Moderator

@Kentucky Fried Torchic

"That sounds better for a fighter dwarf, but that's just me." Brock replied. "Paladins are supposed to be holy warriors, and the picture of virtue. So we need a name that reflects that."
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Actually Prefers Popeyes Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    @EmeraldSky

Gary scrunched up his face and took another look at the list of names. "Grayson Rockchurch?" he asked hopefully.
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Current Projects:
    Fanfiction: Pokémon: Exodus (Chapter six of nine posted)
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

Senior Moderator

@Kentucky Fried Torchic

"That's better." Brock smiled.

He next brought up DungeonNav's stat generator. "Now it's time for the important part--rolling your starting stats."
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

@EmeraldSky

Gary wrote down the name for his character before turning his attention back to the Pewter City gym leader. "Okay, walk me through this one, Brock. What do I need to do?"

Current Projects:
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Senior Moderator

@Kentucky Fried Torchic

"Okay...let's first explain what the stats are." Brock began. "Strength is how strong you are, and how powerful melee attacks will be. Dexterity is how quickly you move, how powerful ranged attacks--archery, chakrams, shuriken, and things of that nature--will be, how well you dodge, and how quickly your turn comes around. Resolve is how well you hold up to damage, and how well you resist unpleasant conditions. Intelligence is how knowledgeable you are, and how powerful magical attacks will be. Wisdom is how well you read between the lines, and how well you hold up to magical attacks. Luck is generally how lucky you are, and how likely a person or being will listen to you."

He went on. "Above all, a paladin is a melee fighter first, and a spellcaster second. This means they tend to favor Strength and Resolve at the very least, with good Wisdom and Luck. If you want a bow wielding paladin, swap Strength for Dexterity. A paladin's magic comes from Luck, so a good Luck score will help too."

@EmeraldSky

Brock’s explanation of the stats made sense to Gary, at least most of it. He had played plenty of video games with similar systems, and his brain was already whirring with activity at potential character builds. Gary was not a fan of balancing out his stats, he was going to try and get the stats he wanted sky high. From what Brock had said, that meant that Strength was going to be his main focus with Luck and Resolve good secondary concerns. He wouldn’t need much Dexterity without a bow and with heavy enough armor. Although Gary did not give the thought conscious shape, he would just have to hope that Ash and his friends could handle things on the magical end.

“Alright, how do we determine my stats?” asked Gary eagerly. “I get some bonuses for being a dwarf, right?”

Current Projects:

Senior Moderator

@Kentucky Fried Torchic

Brock brought up the stat generator. "As a dwarf, you get +2 to Resolve. Strength and Luck should be your highest stats."

With that, he tapped "GENERATE". "Okay...you have 17 Strength; 14 Dexterity; 16 Resolve; 10 Intelligence; 11 Wisdom; and 16 Luck--this is including all your innate bonuses. Do you want to reroll any of these, or reroll everything?"

@EmeraldSky

Gary tried to picture the numbers in his head before he answered Brock's question. In all of the places that he cared most about, his stats seemed very robust, and the score of 14 in Dexterity was a nice little bonus. "No good looking a gift Ponyta in the mouth," answered Gary with a cocky grin. "I've got a 17 for Strength and a 16 for Luck and Resolve, so I think that I've got all of my bases covered."

Current Projects:

Senior Moderator

@Kentucky Fried Torchic

(ready to work in Ash?)

"Okay...I think that's everything..." Brock replied. "The costume closet is down the hall on the right."

@EmeraldSky

Gary took a deep breath and walked towards the costume closet. It opened into an impressively-sized room and Gary had to act quickly to wipe the stunned look off his face. These guys really go all-out! he thought to himself. Once he had gotten oriented, he began search through the racks and bins for components for his dwarf costume. There was some nice pieces of costume armor that he could lash together for a knightly appearance, and a pair of leather boots that were just his size. But what really caught Gary's eye was a wild and scruffy-looking fake beard that perfectly matched the color of his own spiky hair. Hesitatingly, he looped the false beard over his ears and then noticed himself in one of the full-length mirror affixed to the room's wall. He cut a pretty comical figure with the mess of bushy facial hair and the faux-metal armor, but he didn't feel as stupid as he looked. Instead, Gary Oak found himself smiling to himself and stroking the beard trying to tame its wild tangle of curls.
    Last edited by Kentucky Fried Torchic; 04-24-2019 at 11:39 PM.

Current Projects: