Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Moderator

The Jeweled Champions (and Friends) (IC thread)

@Kentucky Fried Torchic

Here we go on this epic (and headache inducing) adventure!

The main screen in the enclave blipped to life to show Brock and the table in the familiar game room where "The Jeweled Champions (and Friends)" was filmed. "And we're rolling camera--we have a little time before we get going, since everyone is still changing into costume." he assured the chat.

Once sure the main camera and the PC that controlled all the cameras, the main screen, sound effects, and music were ready, Brock brought over a large box full of Chambers and Charizards adventure books over to his dungeon master's nook before a question in the chat got his attention. "In addition to the three regulars, we have a few guests tonight. If you want to come play with us, drop us a message and we'll be happy to work out the details." he explained as he put up the addresses for the show's e-mail and different social media channels--Pokebook, Chitter, Memogram, and MyTube.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Actually Prefers Popeyes Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    Gary was not sure what he had been expecting, but this was not it. He had shown up with a family-sized bag of Nidoritos and quickly had been whisked inside to a room that looked like a professional studio stage, with cameras, computers, and equipment that he could only guess at. “I don’t think I gave Ashy-boy and his friends enough credit,” he said to himself.

Gary hugged the substantial bag of chips close to his chest unconsciously, and made his way over to Brock. “Hey!” he said brusquely. “What’s with all of the books and paper and stuff? I thought we were playing a game, not doing homework!” After a lightning-quick glance at the cameras, Gary asked in a low voice unlike his usual tone, “And what d’ya mean by ‘costume’?”
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Current Projects:
    Fanfiction: Pokémon: Exodus (Chapter six of nine posted)
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

Senior Moderator

@Kentucky Fried Torchic

"But we are playing a game, my good sir!" Brock grinned. He was fairly used to Gary's brashness by now, and if the two rivals could get along, he allowed Gary to join the game. "This is a tabletop RPG--somewhere in between a childhood game of let's pretend and a video game. You are taking the roles of great heroes in an epic fantasy adventure--the costumes are to help you 'get into character' if you will."
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

@EmeraldSky

“Heroes, huh? Like Sir Aaron?” wondered Gary aloud. Then he was all confidence again. “Say no more! I’m just the guy for the job!” He set the bag of Nidoritos on a chair and asked, “So, do I just pull on a pair of tights?” A thought occurred to Gary and he snickered, “Oh man, I can’t wait to see Ash all decked out in a goofy get-up!” Then he had another one and his smirk turned into a frown. “Wait a minute,” mused Gary. “I can’t really make fun of him if I’m wearing one too.”

“Oh well! How do I get started?”

Current Projects:
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Senior Moderator

@Kentucky Fried Torchic

"First..." Brock gives Gary a blank character sheet. "You'll need one of these..."

He next rolls a pencil in Gary's direction. "...and one of these. You'll be writing and erasing a lot, so this is why it's better to write in pencil."

@EmeraldSky

Gary looked at the character sheet and frowned. There was a ton of little notations and spots to enter in numbers and words. He had joked about having to do homework before, but this looked more like the answer sheet to a standardized test! He picked up the pencil that Brock had offered him and slumped into a chair to consider it.

“Okay, at least I know my name!” Gary said and brazenly scrawled “Gary Oak” on the character sheet where he saw that it said “name”. Then, despite his display of bravado, he looked up at Brock the DM with an unspoken question: that’s right, isn’t it?

Current Projects:

Senior Moderator

@Kentucky Fried Torchic

Brock noticed Gary had filled in the player name blank. "All right--where it says Campaign, just put 'Chambers and Charizards' Greatest Hits'. For EXP, just put 0, since you're starting at level 1."

@EmeraldSky

Gary followed Brock's instructions to a "T", scratching away dutifully with the pencil. When he was done, the character sheet was marginally less empty, but there still was a ways to go. He held in a sigh, but Gary couldn't resist asking Brock, "We're only going to be at level one? I hope you aren't just going to have us fighting giant Rattata all night!"

Current Projects:

Senior Moderator

@Kentucky Fried Torchic

"Of course, you'll get your chance to fight giants and dragons too." Brock assured Gary. "First, let's decide what your character basically is.

He next projected on a screen the current character races in C&C 5e:

Human
    Elf
    Dwarf
    Halfling
    Tiefling
    Sylvan
    Sirena

@EmeraldSky

Gary chewed his lip thoughtfully. “Being a Tiefling sounds kinda cool,” he said, more to himself than to Brock. “Definitely don’t want to be an elf or a halfling; too fragile.” His eyes roamed over the list a couple of times. The easy answer was “human”, but where was the fun in that? If he was going to pretend to be a butt-kicking legendary warrior, why not go a little crazy? “I’m going to be a dwarf,” announced Gary proudly as he filled in the spot on his character sheet. “That way I can take a licking, and keep on kicking!”

Current Projects: