The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Do you keep your video games cases/boxes?

For those of you who purchase physical copies of games, do you keep/collect the cases that hold the games? If you hold onto them, how long have you been collecting?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    For those of you who purchase physical copies of games, do you keep/collect the cases that hold the games? If you hold onto them, how long have you been collecting?
    Yes, I have been keeping my video game boxes since 2008 (which is when I received my first video game console). However, I have purchased some used video games that were not sold with their boxes.

How about you?

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    Yes, I have been keeping my video game boxes since 2008 (which is when I received my first video game console). However, I have purchased some used video games that were not sold with their boxes.

How about you?
    Heck yes. I have a drawer full of them. If I remember when i get home tonight I'll snap a photo. Been doing so since I got my first video games when I was seven or eight. I mostly keep them because it's easier to store the games and not risk losing them. Easier with like, Wii and DS games though as opposed to Gameboy games where the case it just kinda a paper box. Thankfully, most of the DS cases actually had a Gameboy cartridge holder in them so I use that to store some of the Gameboy games instead, which is another reason why I kept the cases.
    / / / / / / / /

4. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Yes, I keep all my boxes--this way, if I want to sell them back, everything is all together
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

i keep all of my cases minus the ds cases i mustve thrown away when i was younger

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

CDs or game discs, yes, but cartridges (like NES, SNES, N64), no. Usually cartridges come in cardboard boxes, which never stay intact for long, but CDs and discs come in relatively sturdy plastic cases, so I keep them in those. Some of the older ones like for PlayStation 1 and 2 have been moved to a CD binder, though I haven't touched those in well over a decade.

And hey, I still have my original NES and Game Boy games. And yes, blowing on the cartridges is a thing, believe it or not. XD

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    And yes, blowing on the cartridges is a thing, believe it or not. XD
    We still have an N64 at my grandma's house and have to do that all the time!
    / / / / / / / /

Yes. But, also, I always keep my 3DS in a little sock that has a purse clip at the top. xD That's my 3DS game storage. But I kept all their cases and they sit on my shelf. Same for my Switch games, which I have in my Switch case. I still have my Pokemon Emerald box. C:

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Yeah, I do. I don't usually do anything with them, since I usually use game cases, but I still have them all somewhere. XD

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Administrator

I do like to keep them. It helps keep them safer and if you ever want to sell them again. It helps keep them a bit more profitable. Plus the design work on most of these are incredible!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..