Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Stalkers RPG Questions & Answers

This thread is for any and all questions that Emissaries need to know about how Stalkers RPG works. If you are confused about anything, please post below and I'll be more than happy to provide clarification.

Note: For group discussions and questions directed at other players, please head to the Emissary Clubhouse! This thread is for gameplay, mechanics, general queries and other such questions.

Q&A LIST

Q:

A:

Useful Links:

>> Sign-Up Thread
    >> Season 4 Rules and Gameplay
    >> Main Action and Team Status Thread
    >> Emissary Clubhouse
    >> Questions & Answers Thread (this thread)
    >> Item Directory

Help! I'm unsure how diplomacy actually works!
    Can I elect to use it every turn?
    Does it give the same outcome as "very positive" or does it cancel out all positives and negatives, and end up neutral?
    I guess i'm trying to find out if theres a reason NOT to use it, game play wise. Most other skills like medicine and tech, people would use at every opportunity- is diplomacy like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Help! I'm unsure how diplomacy actually works!
    Can I elect to use it every turn?
    Does it give the same outcome as "very positive" or does it cancel out all positives and negatives, and end up neutral?
    I guess i'm trying to find out if theres a reason NOT to use it, game play wise. Most other skills like medicine and tech, people would use at every opportunity- is diplomacy like that?
    Sorry about that, Lychee! Yes, perks work like any action. Dilpomacy is the only perk that can be used on the civilians by picking one from the list and going, "I wanna use it here!"

Just like any other action, yes, you can use it any time. Use Perk/Item is listed in the Rules and Gameplay thread as a default action, which means you can use it when you like (limited by the number of actions you have to spend). Generally Diplomacy is used on difficult people who refuse to pass over information or items, but if you have Diplomacy, you can by-all-means use it on every interview you do. :) It can work as an interview override in that sense. Most of the time you won't need Diplomacy, but there's no harm in using it. Normally items that NPCs refuse to hand over are free, but Frinottie's was a special case where she owns a shop that sells that item. I actually had no plans for Frinottie to lower the price of that item, but I figured since you used initiative with Diplomacy, I thought it'd be a good touch. :) Also, the lowered price was offered exclusively to you.

So yes, you're welcome to use it every time! Unlike most of the other perks, you can use it on NPCs anytime, rather than having to wait for a <Diplomacy> prompt to show up. However, if someone else interviews a pokemon and they're being difficult, a prompt may appear under the pokemon's name in the suspect list. As it says in the Rules and Gameplay thread under Diplomacy, the NPC you choose to use it on will always have a positive rapport with you, and nothing below neutral with anyone else. If others have a positive rapport with the pokemon, it will be above neutral. It's really just so nobody can get a bad score. If you have a very positive score with the NPC even without Diplomacy, that will be used instead of positive.

Hope that answers your questions!

4. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

@Suicune's Fire

Hey! We heard that Sebbit can teach us to Scavenge, but nobody has actually interviewed/questioned him yet (and mechanically, unlocked that possibility.)

If I were to visit Sebbit, could I ask him to teach me to scavenge instead of using my action on questioning him?

Also:
    Does learning a skill from a skill teacher actually use an action?
    Can you learn a skill from a teacher regardless of their Day/Night availability? Or does the scheduling have to work out?

Quote Originally Posted by Truly View Post
    @Suicune's Fire

Hey! We heard that Sebbit can teach us to Scavenge, but nobody has actually interviewed/questioned him yet (and mechanically, unlocked that possibility.)

If I were to visit Sebbit, could I ask him to teach me to scavenge instead of using my action on questioning him?

Also:
    Does learning a skill from a skill teacher actually use an action?
    Can you learn a skill from a teacher regardless of their Day/Night availability? Or does the scheduling have to work out?
    Clever clever! Yes, I’ll say you can attempt to learn a skill even if you haven’t “unlocked” it yet (and you’re confident you’re asking the right NPC). However, Scavenge is a regular action so it doesn’t require learning individually. :) *spoiler* Yes it’s considered an action to learn a skill, though now that you mention it, I might make it so that you’re also able to USE the learned skill upon learning it. But given that Scavenge is a regular action, not a skill, learning OF it isn’t learning to do it, so you’ll have to interview Sebbit as your action in order to find out about it, if you get me. So in that case, if someone else interviews him you could post your action after them specifying that you want to Scavenge, if you’re confident that it’s what you want to do before you learn what it does.

D/N doesn’t count towards learning a skill. I’ll add that to the rules at some point haha. But yeah in this case it’d be an interview.

Hey!
    I'm just double checking- using medicine on another emissary used up a whole action, right? I feel honoured that someone would use up their whole day action on patching up Lillian, if that's the case!

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Hey!
    I'm just double checking- using medicine on another emissary used up a whole action, right? I feel honoured that someone would use up their whole day action on patching up Lillian, if that's the case!
    Yes. Every action takes up a whole turn, unless otherwise specified, such as the free actions.

9. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Administrator

So you said I can give the Sitrus Berry to Lillian for her to use, but that doesn't cost a turn right? We tried figuring out the best way to utilize it. So I wanna make sure before I go changing the action again.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    So you said I can give the Sitrus Berry to Lillian for her to use, but that doesn't cost a turn right? We tried figuring out the best way to utilize it. So I wanna make sure before I go changing the action again.
    As said in the rules about consuming/trading/buying/equipping items:

Quote Originally Posted by me
    Consuming, buying, equipping, or trading items with another player is a free action, and can be used in conjunction with any other action on any cycle. At the start of your turn, you can consume or equip as many items as you like, whether it's from your personal inventory or the team inventory, but only for yourself. You can trade items with other players, but you cannot equip other players with equipment or help them consume items.
    It's a free action. :)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    As said in the rules about consuming/trading/buying/equipping items:
    Just wanted to double check cause the way they were stated kinda conflicted regardless being linked there and reading that earlier.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..