Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    For me, fear and phobias are weird because I don't really experience it much and if I do, it's very random. One common phobia that I would say I relate to but don't experience is the phobia of spiders. I'm not scared of them, I'm just sort of disgusted by them. I wouldn't get scared by the sight of one, it would just make me feel a bit uncomfortable and put me off my food haha.

There are a few things that I have issues with though. One major thing for me is being home alone. My senses go OTT and I'm constantly on edge and stress but I think that's down to something that happened a few years ago.
    One time when I was back home from uni, I was home alone and I went to go and do myself a shower. I turned the shower on and went to go downstairs to get myself some clothes from the laundry and the door was wide open, stuff all over the floor and a window broken. As you can guess my house was broken into... whilst I was still in it. So yeah, ever since then being home alone has been a bit of an issue for me, but it doesn't bother me much. It's only at night where it becomes mostly an issue, but if I shut myself in my room i'm fine as I feel safe there.

I guess another thing for me is the paranormal but it's very complicated. I'm super fascinated with all things paranormal and one thing I would love would be to go on a paranormal investigation or find some proof etc. However, at the same time, the idea terrifies me. The fear gets specific though because it isn't fear of the dark, it's the fear that I will suddenly see a face in the dark. This also extends to dark windows. If I can, I will always cover up a dark window (when it gets dark outside so you wouldn't be able to see anything or if the light is on you only see your reflection. All of this is about seeing faces in the dark. It even goes so far as me having to sleep facing the wall because I can't stand the idea of waking in the middle of the night to see a face staring at me from across my room. That has happened a few times so I think that's the reason. I remember being about 10 and I went into my room one night and clear as day saw a ghostly woman in my bedroom window, smiling sinisterly. I also woke up one night to see a sort of glowling childlike figure in my room. It didn't scare me though, I ended up starting to try and talk to it. But yeah, that face in my window sort of scared me for life lol. Other than that, I'm not bothered by the paranormal.

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    But I've found a very effective solution for me. Lucid dreaming. Spoopy thing appears in nightmare? Well, birch, I control this reality now, so it's on. Few things are more satisfying than finding that thing I'm afraid of in a dream (the only place it can exist in my life) and curbstomping it.
    THIS is me too! I very rarely have nightmares. I don't think I've had a real nightmare in years. Can't even remember the last time I did. I seem to be able to lucid dream quite easily. I'd say I lucid dream about 50% of the time, and I lucid dream EVERY time I have a nightmare. It's as if the bad experiences wake me up whilst I'm still dreaming and I always sort it out. A lot of the time if it's an enemy chasing me, my favourite thing to do is to pretend my hands are guns, miming shooting them with noises and everything and most of the time I take them out with ease (Thank god for the finger guns!) So in that regard almost all my nightmares don't end up scaring me. If that technique doesn't work I just close my eyes, waiting for my inevitable death/wake up haha.

I'd say my last biggest fear is a standard thing. Death. As a paranormal enthusiast you would think it wouldn't scare me as I believe in a life after death, but that's where it get weird. Theres two parts to my spirituality. I'm also Atheist, which comes from my very strong scientific bias, so that sort of lends to my belief of no afterlife too. I just can comprehend the idea that when you die you literally won't exist. Our whole self and experiences are all created by our brains. When we die, so do our brains so we would literally not be able to think, therefore we would just stop. We wouldn't experience anything, we wouldn't even know we were dead. Just nothing. And out of everything, that terrifies me to death. (pun intended)
    Don't ask me how I can believe in the paranormal and not the afterlife, I don't even understand that myself so it'll just get super confusing lol.

But other than those, I'm a bit of a soulless void haha. My friends even don't understand sometimes. I love horror films, but none scare me. They don't even phase me. One time I was watching The Conjuring 2 on my flight back to the UK from New York and I fell asleep half way through. Same with scary TV shows such as Ghost Adventurers or Most Haunted and games such as the FNAF franchise and Amnesia. I love thrills and it takes a lot to scare me. I guess if you were to put my fears down into a category, there would be two. One would be 'People' and the other would be 'Things our brains will never understand'.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

@Coru oh my GOD I RELATE SO HARD to the dark thing

as for the figures you saw... i know for a fact that ghosts aren't real but maybe it was someone's idea of a cruel joke

well i mean the whole face in the dark thing i can relate to but it's not so much seeing a creepy face, it's more like something running out at me in the dark so yee got Slendytubbies to thank for that ›:(

well for me i've never had a TRUE nightmare but my dreams are just... weird. like once i dreamt i was in a warehouse store (think of walmart/costco) and i was hiding from a guy with a chainsaw with a glow in the dark mask so 00f and THEN a few moments later i found myself in a cute little snowy village... with a Hot Topic. i was about to get a glittery Sailor Moon pop! vinyl but my dad had a “don't do it” look ...???
    [center]
    [COLOR="#9a32cd"]HUGE shoutout to Neo Emolga for the signature and Chakramaster for makin' it work!!

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coru View Post
    THIS is me too! I very rarely have nightmares. I don't think I've had a real nightmare in years. Can't even remember the last time I did. I seem to be able to lucid dream quite easily. I'd say I lucid dream about 50% of the time, and I lucid dream EVERY time I have a nightmare. It's as if the bad experiences wake me up whilst I'm still dreaming and I always sort it out. A lot of the time if it's an enemy chasing me, my favourite thing to do is to pretend my hands are guns, miming shooting them with noises and everything and most of the time I take them out with ease (Thank god for the finger guns!) So in that regard almost all my nightmares don't end up scaring me. If that technique doesn't work I just close my eyes, waiting for my inevitable death/wake up haha.
    Oh wow same! More than half my dreams are lucid dreams now. And yeah, I'm very efficient at killing off spoopy things in dreams. The nightmares that do get me (that I'm trying to come up with reliable counters for) are ones based on real-life fears and anxieties. There's this one that keeps popping up, and keeps finding new ways to trick me because it builds off of previous dreams I've had or dream-created memories that seem so real. And it's hard to deal with because it's an anxiety relating to things that have actually happened to me irl. One of these days, though, I'm going to find a way to counter that in my dreams and turn the whole thing into a joke or something.