View Poll Results: Should Orin be assassinated?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 25.00%
  • No

3 75.00%
  • Some other option (post and explain!)

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Assassinate Orin? [Closed]

This is the butterfly murder thread!

Here is why I think he should be assassinated;
    - We KNOW hes a stalker
    - We have to waste a turn every night restraining him or he'll kill someone
    - He seems to have given us all he knows already (and if he hasn't, he's a butt who isnt helping us properly)
    - There will be one less stalker to worry about
    - Orin has already lived a long full life
    - His day-to-day activities seem mostly meaningless to the community of Salvage keep; he doesn't offer them much anymore

So, convince me he should stay alive!
    Last edited by Lychee; 10-03-2019 at 02:12 PM.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I know we've stated this before, but it would condemn his soul along with the stalker to an eternal punishment. And while arguably he might deserve it based on his actions throughout life, I think it'd be very cruel for us as emissaries to not at least give his soul a chance to be judged fairly. That might not be enough reason for you but it's why I got outvoted in a previous round when I proposed a similar question so.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

3. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

I guess if that's peoples issue, who wants to be responsible for restraining him every single night? I dont think it's fun to cause a player to give up half their turns for the rest of the game just because everyone says "dont kill him!" But nobody puts their hand up to stop him killing others...
    (It's currently only Truly who has been voluntarily putting up their hand to restrain)

Or, another question, if nobody actually wants to restrain him, and nobody wants to assassinate him, how many pokemon does he have to kill before he's not worth saving?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    I guess if that's peoples issue, who wants to be responsible for restraining him every single night? I dont think it's fun to cause a player to give up half their turns for the rest of the game just because everyone says "dont kill him!" But nobody puts their hand up to stop him killing others...
    (It's currently only Truly who has been voluntarily putting up their hand to restrain)

Or, another question, if nobody actually wants to restrain him, and nobody wants to assassinate him, how many pokemon does he have to kill before he's not worth saving?
    I'd be okay with restraining him but at the moment I think I'm the only person with investigate which takes up two of my turns anyway. So unless you want me to alternate with someone on restraining him then I wouldn't be able to perform investigations anymore. I'd be willing to do that if it meant keeping him alive, but I'll leave it up to y'all.
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I'd be okay with restraining him but at the moment I think I'm the only person with investigate which takes up two of my turns anyway. So unless you want me to alternate with someone on restraining him then I wouldn't be able to perform investigations anymore.
    Oooh! That's a good point!
    As is probably clear, i'm keen to be rid of one stalker.
    So yeah! If he was dead, you wouldnt have worry about alternating turns with someone else who wants to play jailer, or worry about your skill being unusable. Maybe you can convince someone else in the keep-orin-alive camp to do the job instead?

Another problem with the jailer plan, I just realized, is that even with the restrain cage made-- we can ONLY RESTRAIN ONE POKEMON. That's it. Only one. Not one each- just a single pokemon per turn.
    And while Orin is alive and confirmed to be a stalker, he's going to be in that jail cell... so what happens when we confirm a different stalker? Do we just let them run around free to murder? Do we kill them instead?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Oooh! That's a good point!
    As is probably clear, i'm keen to be rid of one stalker.
    So yeah! If he was dead, you wouldnt have worry about alternating turns with someone else who wants to play jailer, or worry about your skill being unusable. Maybe you can convince someone else in the keep-orin-alive camp to do the job instead?

Another problem with the jailer plan, I just realized, is that even with the restrain cage made-- we can ONLY RESTRAIN ONE POKEMON. That's it. Only one. Not one each- just a single pokemon per turn.
    And while Orin is alive and confirmed to be a stalker, he's going to be in that jail cell... so what happens when we confirm a different stalker? Do we just let them run around free to murder? Do we kill them instead?
    I'm not really all that bent out of shape about not using investigate if it means keeping him alive and sparing his soul from eternal damnation, if I'm being candid. I just know y'all have wanted me to use it for a few folks so if you don't want me to use it anymore that's perfectly fine by me. I can just stick to interviews or something and restrain Orin or anyone else that needs it since my priority is keeping them alive.

It'd also be more fun for me from a gameplay standpoint since I literally have to wait a week between actions if I use investigate which can get kinda boring during the few moments I'm not drowning in homework.

I mean just leaving to run around has worked in the past so it might not be as bad of an option as you think. Especially since if I restrain someone else and we have the restrain cage, that'd be two stalkers down, which would at least decrease the murders by some percentage.
    / / / / / / / /

8. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

I mean just leaving to run around has worked in the past so it might not be as bad of an option as you think. Especially since if I restrain someone else and we have the restrain cage, that'd be two stalkers down, which would at least decrease the murders by some percentage.
    Idk if that's a typo, but we literally cant restrain two pokemon. That's the point I was trying to make- We can only lock down a single pokemon per turn. Not per player- simply just a single pokemon at night, a single pokemon at day.

We can protect other pokemon to potentially discourage them from making a kill but I dont think it's garunteed.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Idk if that's a typo, but we literally cant restrain two pokemon. That's the point I was trying to make- We can only lock down a single pokemon per turn. Not per player- simply just a single pokemon at night, a single pokemon at day.

We can protect other pokemon to potentially discourage them from making a kill but I dont think it's garunteed.
    Ah I misunderstood, I thought that meant only one pokemon could be restrained in the cage but we could still restrain others. Even so that'd at least free myself or someone else up so it's better than nothing I suppose. I'd still be willing to volunteer myself as the restrainer (even though we'll have to wait until next night cycle for me to actually start), so if your main worry is a volunteer, I can take over that role until the cage is built.
    / / / / / / / /

11. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Ah I misunderstood, I thought that meant only one pokemon could be restrained in the cage but we could still restrain others. Even so that'd at least free myself or someone else up so it's better than nothing I suppose. I'd still be willing to volunteer myself as the restrainer (even though we'll have to wait until next night cycle for me to actually start), so if your main worry is a volunteer, I can take over that role until the cage is built.
    Sure! That's a good compromise, I think. As long as Orin is restrained at night, I won't assassinate him. But if nobody is locking him up, I want to make 100% sure he makes no more innocent kills so I'll happily do an emissary chop to the back of his head.

Still, if anyone else wants to vote we can keep talking about this; with the way we are going, we will very soon know who other stalkers are, and the quickest and most efficient (though not the kindest) way to protect the townsfolk from an individual, at this stage, is still assassinate.
    I feel we're a long way off being able to sin purge - and it looks like it potentially kills the stalker hosts anyway, if the archives are anything to go by.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I feel we're a long way off being able to sin purge - and it looks like it potentially kills the stalker hosts anyway, if the archives are anything to go by.
    It does. They die either way. The difference is it at least spares their souls.
    / / / / / / / /