5 55.56%
  • Kill all three

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Should we expose the smuggling ring?

So at the end of this post (haha it's the 420th post), we had a proposal laid out for us that needs to be decided by the day cycle. As we're currently in the day 7 night cycle we have about a day in-game to decide.

For those not wanting to read the post and just wanting a recap, we were asked by Willow the Miltank to figure out who was sneaking around the school at night. Madder hid in the shed and discovered that Sansheel the Poliwhirl and Desnim the Eelektrik were using the school to smuggle a drug known as Sway. They claimed that we should let them go undetected as Sway was helping people in Yaru through depressing times. We have been offered $500SP$ and the [Angel's Dawn] utopian item if we let them go. If a decision is not reached by the day 9 cycle this is the option that will be defaultly taken.

On the flip side, we could tell Willow about the operation and bust them. It's possible as someone (I forget who) suggested, that we could ask Willow to give us any utopian items they find on Sansheel and Desnim's persons, under the assumption that these items will be seized. However, at this point there's no guarantee on that, though it is a good suggestion. Also keep in mind, once the operation completes, there will be no evidence left remaining to hold Sansheel and Desnim accountable, nor will there be enough suspicion to warrant their interrogation to trace down the Sway smuggling network. So this is our one opportunity to bust the ring.

So what are your thoughts? Should we bust the ring or take the bribe?

Also as a general rule since things got out of hand last time, please do not discuss or argue about real world morality in here. Please keep this purely focused on this game. You could potentially discuss the impact Sway will have on the city, but I would rather we focus on the gameplay itself since that has less potential to become a full out argument. I will make the decision myself and lock the thread regardless of discussion if this gets out of hand, since we're supposed to be a team and there's little advantage to threats of quitting the game or mocking other users.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 10-27-2019 at 03:10 PM.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

So, for starters, while we have two options, we also have potentially two utopian relics. While Willow doesnt say she has one, or know she has one, we arent sure what her quest rewards will be. It's possible that the glint of a utopian item shown in the clairvoyance vision is an item that she will be more likely to give us after the quest.

"Willow... Willow the Miltank...

She has something of vital importance, connected with this relic of Utopia. You see a faint glimpse of shining light coming from a pouch she carries on her side. Inside, you see a piece of metal, a sudden radiance of reassurance before the vision fades, and you are pulled back into your resting body."
    Was the glimpse of metal the sports shed key? Why wouldnt it just show us the utopian relic directly, by going to sandsheel? Or is it another relic she doesnt know she has?

So, basically, I'm going to assume there are TWO relics, and I think we need both items.

I'm a big fan of beating pokemon unconcious and taking items while they're passed out, so I'm actually thinking what if we do something like yes, bust the drug ring to get willows potential reward, and beat up our drug lord poke-pals to take their item too? If we dont find the utopian relic there, we can also search their houses. I mean, we have already searched pokemons houses and taken their stuff before.
    It's not like the angel relic is going to evaporate, it'll just be harder to get.

Or, let the drug runners go free, assume they'll come good on their word and deliver both money and utopian relic to us (can we get a garuntee on that? Can we trust them? They're already lying to other pokemon - but for gameplay purposes let's assume they'll fulfill their promise). Then lie to willow and be like "oh it's not going to bother you anymore dont worry, anyway can I have that sack you keep at your hip?"

I mean, siding with the drug dealers seems easier.

If it has to be a binary choice, I say go with the option that gets us the utopian relic that we can see in front of us. Sandsheels deal.

But...maybe there is a different way?
    Last edited by Lychee; 10-27-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Alternatively, wouldnt it be funny if we combined our quests and told everyone that there was going to be a humorous performance to cheer everyone up, on at the shila educations centre on the day 8 night cycle?
    SPREAD THE WORD
    and
    SWAY BUSTING

Coming to an epic conclusion where Samba and Sandsheel act out an impromptu romance scene because Sandsheel just wandered onto the set and Samba rolled with it, so now he has to pretend he knows what he's doing and that he's supposed to be there...
    Meanwhile Desnim and Dimfred squabble over a box of sway backstage which gets mistaken for ther red fog powder used during the next scene, and then accidentally fogged across the crowd.
    IT WAS THE MOST UPLIFTING PLAY EVER

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    If we're going purely by numbers then the best choice IMO is that we take the deal. We get the item we know is in front of us, and if Willow has a utopian item, we beat her up and take it later.

5. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Guys, guys...

YOU HAVE UNTIL DAY 9 DAY CYCLE, IT'S CURRENT DAY 7 NIGHT CYCLE, SO YOU HAVE ALL OF DAY 8 DAY AND ALL OF DAY 8 NIGHT TO MAKE YOUR CHOICE!

That's what Sansheel was referring to when he said he needed one more day to complete the operation. Not "the rest of the night."

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Guys, guys...

YOU HAVE UNTIL DAY 9 DAY CYCLE, IT'S CURRENT DAY 7 NIGHT CYCLE, SO YOU HAVE ALL OF DAY 8 DAY AND ALL OF DAY 8 NIGHT TO MAKE YOUR CHOICE!

That's what Sansheel was referring to when he said he needed one more day to complete the operation. Not "the rest of the night."
    Lol I apparently can't count or read. That's on me. I'll edit my post to reflect that.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Lol I apparently can't count or read. That's on me. I'll edit my post to reflect that.
    Ah, no worries, I've made so many silly mistakes in these over the years. XD

9. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

While I understand the wanting to obtain the relic right in front of us, I'm more inclined to side with Willow, especially after that clairvoyance bit. I have a feeling she won't just hand over any sort of reward without proof. So my vote is towards turning them in and requesting we get the utopian item off these two during the search and seizure when they're arrested.
    / / / / / / / /

Crime? In MAH good post-apocalyptic neighborhood? What in tarnation!

Out of character, it seems like we could potentially get the best of both worlds with turning the drug dealers in and requesting the Utopian item as a reward. If it comes to it, we might be able to sneak and steal the item later if we don't get it.

Does this town even have a police force?

Like, theres guards, mercenaries and bounty hunters, but I havent seen a single shred of a police or crime investigation unit.
    Telling willow might just mean she busts those two boys up herself!