Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey y'all!

New Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Heya Guts! Welcome to PXR! Hope you find it awesome here as we all do. If you ever have any questions or just wanna talk. Feel free to ask us! I'm always willing to chat.

I actually got the chance to go to Washington DC in August for the Pokémon World Championship 2019. It was a total blast! I loved it! The experience in DC was...very different than expected though.

Few facts about myself:

-I live here in the US down in the south, but would rather be further up north. Leads into the next...
    -I hate the heat
    -my top 5 Pokémon are: 1. Pikachu, 2. Jirachi, 3. Celebi, 4. Manaphy 5. Victini....6 is just very very closely Scorbunny.
    -another thing is I'd love to be able to travel the world. I have many friends spread across the globe and I think it'd be nice to meet everyone.
    Thank you very much for your kind welcome! I'm glad to hear that you had fun at the 2019 Championships but I'm sorry if your experience in DC was disappointing in any way! I enjoyed my stay in the South when I lived there but I have to agree that the heat was atrocious! Excellent and very classic favorite mons! Travel is really wonderful--obtaining new experiences always beats obtaining new possessions.

Thanks again and cheers,

Guts

New Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Hey Guts, welcome to PXR!

Some fun facts about myself:

- I majored in Business Marketing, but my job title is officially Associate Scientist. Get that.
    - On the side, I do lots of graphic art work and started a webcomic last July. It's been a great ride!
    - Favorite Pokémon are Emolga, Bellossom, and Cinccino.
    Hi Neo Emolga! Thank you for your response! Go figure about your job title! Today's labor world is certainly unpredictable! I'd love to read your webcomic--if you don't mind my asking, could you send me a link? Bellossom has always seemed like an interesting Pokémon to me--it gives me Politoed vibes if that makes sense.

Best,

Guts

New Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by TotodileHop24 View Post
    Hello and welcome to PXR @Guts! It's nice to meet you - Thanks for sharing some cool facts about yourself!

I'm a random visitor here and tend to pop up from time to time. Way back I was a member of the old PE2K forum and have many fond memories of it. Anyways, I hope you will enjoy your stay here!

Facts about me:

- I work as full-time Playground Designer and Illustrator which is really fun
    - My biggest passion by far is drawing, but I also enjoy taking walks and playing video games
    - I love animals and would love to own a cat someday (but my fish keep me company, haha)
    - My favorite Gens would have to be Gen III, V, and VI
    - My favorite pokémon... ooo, that's a tough one! Totodile definitely holds a special place in my heart since it was my first ever pokémon, but I also love Cyndaquil, Dragonite, Sylveon and the new pokémon Frosmoth
    Hi TH24, it's very nice to meet you as well :)

Your professions and interests seem really diverse and well-rounded, and seeing as your artwork is seriously phenomenal, it's wild that you have so many talents on top of your draftsmanship! I have two cats named Sushi and Baguette at my parents' house. Totodile is my favorite Johto starter as well and Frosmoth stood out to me as a cool new mon too!

I hope to see you around the forum,

Guts

Quote Originally Posted by Guts View Post
    Che bello! Non mi aspettavo di trovare un altro Italiano qui! Di dov'č tua famiglia? I have! Serperior with contrary is one of my favorite sets for a Pokémon! I like spheal a lot since it's adorable and seals are my favorite animal. Shiny hunting is rough, so I commend you for making it a hobby! I'm sure I will have a wonderful time here--thank you!

Cordialmente,

Guts
    Sono nata a Milano e ho abitato lě fino al 2009, ma la mia famiglia italiana č di Sicilia. Di dov'č la tua famiglia?

(Translation for people who don't understand Italian : I was born in Milan and I lived there until 2009, but my Italian family is from Sicily. Where is your family from?)

Thank you for your kind message! See you around the forum! :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

New Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Hey Guys! My name's NobleJanobii! Welcome to PXR!

A few fun facts about myself:
    1. I've published a children's book.
    2. I hate the cold.
    3. I've lived in DC before and may be moving back soon.
    4. I work in politics! My goal is to work as a press secretary but right now I'm a campaign manager.
    5. My favorite pokemon is Shaymin, closely followed by Zoroark, Mimikyu, and Galarian Rapidash.
    Thank you for your kind welcome! That's exciting about your book--what was it called? I admire those working in politics! It takes a lot to put yourself out there. If you do move back to DC, please let me know!

Best,

Guts

New Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    Sono nata a Milano e ho abitato lě fino al 2009, ma la mia famiglia italiana č di Sicilia. Di dov'č la tua famiglia?

(Translation for people who don't understand Italian : I was born in Milan and I lived there until 2009, but my Italian family is from Sicily. Where is your family from?)

Thank you for your kind message! See you around the forum! :)
    Grandioso--la mia famiglia č di Bergamo. C'č veramente poca gente Bergamasca negli Stati Uniti, quindi mi sento spesso uno straniero anche fra gli Italoamericani! L'altro giorno, io i miei genitori siamo andati a Milano e come sai meglio di me, la Sicilia č bellissima.

English:
    Wonderful! My family is from Bergamo. There are hardly any Bergamasque people in the US, so I often feel like a foreigner even among Italian-Americans! The other day, my parents and I went to Milan, and as you know better than I do, Sicily is beautiful.

I look forward to seeing you around the forum :)

7. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Thank you for your kind welcome! That's exciting about your book--what was it called? I admire those working in politics! It takes a lot to put yourself out there. If you do move back to DC, please let me know!

Best,

Guts
    The book is called Timmy the Mouse: Princess in Peril. It never went big or anything but I plan to publish more in the future if I can.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Hi Neo Emolga! Thank you for your response! Go figure about your job title! Today's labor world is certainly unpredictable! I'd love to read your webcomic--if you don't mind my asking, could you send me a link? Bellossom has always seemed like an interesting Pokémon to me--it gives me Politoed vibes if that makes sense.

Best,

Guts
    Yeah, it's crazy! Although even though I'm in Biosurgery research and development, I might try to see if I can guide the career path toward something in marketing. I have been getting valuable brand experience and such, so it's a possibility. I've only done a tiny bit of lab work, most of my specialty is in documentation and product lifecycle management databases. It's a little dry, but I'm good at it and most of the other people in the department aren't too crazy about working in the PLM environment whereas I know my way around it just fine.

Hey, glad to you know you're interested in the webcomic! It's called Team Buckshot and you can find it in multiple spots:

Right here on PXR!
    Comic Fury site
    DeviantArt (some pages need the Mature filter turned off)

I would say read it on PXR or Comic Fury. Trying to keep it organized and in order on DeviantArt is a pain in the neck. And yes, the comic features a Bellossom and a Cinccino as two of the main characters. I have intentions for an Emolga character to show up later, but he'll be more of a supporting character and not in the main crew.

I like Bellossom a lot. It started off with me being silly and thinking "heh, a flower hula dancing Pokemon. Priceless. I'll raise one to level 100 and kick everyone's butts with it just for comical funsies." Even though Bellossom may not be taken seriously on a competitive battling arena (unless major changes were made), its still a fun Pokemon to battle with and hey, there's more to Pokemon than just battles (plus hey, the one I raised in Shield did great so I'm still a believer!). Plus Bellossom always seems happy, optimistic, and expressive and I like those qualities.

Administrator

Thank you very much for your kind welcome! I'm glad to hear that you had fun at the 2019 Championships but I'm sorry if your experience in DC was disappointing in any way! I enjoyed my stay in the South when I lived there but I have to agree that the heat was atrocious! Excellent and very classic favorite mons! Travel is really wonderful--obtaining new experiences always beats obtaining new possessions.

Thanks again and cheers,

Guts
    Well we didn't enjoy it as much as the year before in Nashville was all. The statements on the website for the hotel weren't totally accurate. They had parking as stated, but it wasn't "free." They had ONLY Vallet (which was not stated). Would've ended up charging us another $600 by the end of the trip pretty much. The food and sites were wonderful though! Just a bit pricey.

Back in college I had a classmate tell me from his travels. Where we live (referring to him and myself) it's the second worst humidity wise. Which only makes everything much worse. I'd love to get away from this heat. Maybe one day I can get lucky enough. =)

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Hullo Guts, welcome to PXR and enjoy your five-star stay!

[dang am i late to the intros?]
    [center]
    [COLOR="#9a32cd"]HUGE shoutout to Neo Emolga for the signature and Chakramaster for makin' it work!!