Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar

2013 Year End Review!

So 2013 is coming to a close. What would you like everybody to remember from 2013? Include as much as you'd like!
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

A fairy a day keeps the Hydra away The-Hydra's Avatar
    Well, The closing of the Pokestadium forums is one. And of course that this was the, "Year of Luigi". And the release of the 6th generation of pokemon. But I think everyone will remember that.
    Spoiler:

TEAM MAGMA WOOOOO

The eternally magic one Daisuke-Sempai's Avatar
    2013's been a pretty memorable year. I mean not only has it been the 6th gen pokemon year. It's was the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who which is going no where soon. The release of the PS4 and XboxOne. There was also massive flooding of Western Canada (where I live) which is probably going to be imbedded in people's minds here for a long time to come. Not to mention the election of the new pope, the Boston bombings, Rob Ford the mayor of Toronto, The death of Nelson Mandela and a ton of other things. I think it's safe to say that this year may mark the end of an era. A year which will lead into a much different one than the one it come from. A year of change.

scotland had a really hot summer and it was great for everyone but me because the aircon at work sucks balls and it was like 30 degrees in my booth with no windows.

also the eventual death of pe2k happened....

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    The PXR project really started late last year really, but we really got things going this year, and we launched~

We really are at the turn of an era, hot on the heels of Chelsey Manning, we have Ed Snowden exposing the government's spying shenanigans. Occupy Wall Street was finally squashed for good. New Pope Francis who's focused on poverty income inequality, and doesn't even give a crap about the common issues that really don't matter in times like this. Heck, even congress is using the nuclear option for the DC circuit... It feels like something will give sooner rather than later. And yes, our mayor...smoking crack...

In entertainment, of course, Miley Cyrus, Duck Dynasty, etc. Disney's back with Frozen (and Wreck it Ralph). Hunger Games 2. Madoka (which is of course my pick for movie of the year), Steins;Gate, Kill La Kill, Ilya, etc. I caught up with some stuff like shiki, Zetman, Onii-ai, etc.

In starcraft, Heart of the Swarn came out, with that an era of Innovation dominance. After that, the world came apart, and everybody has a shot now.

In gaming, we've had some hits, some misses, and me going back to play old stuff. Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us are the clear US favourites. Dragon's Crown, The walking Dead, soul Sacrifice, SMT4, Fire Emblem, Muramasa, Pokemon, etc. It's been an ok year.

Mtg was a great year, with Gatecrash/Dragon's Maze/Modern Masters/M14/Theros/Commander 2013.

Of course, the death of Nelson Mandela was a big thing. On a less notable level, Nelson "EMP_Remix" Reyes died yesterday and Quinton Hoover died last April, a loss for both the fighting game community and the mtg community.
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

New Years really gets me down. It reminds me that another year is over, but it gets me excited for the year to come. Well, it has been over a year since the end of the world and we are still here, and so much has happened since.

This year for me was especially important as it was my 16th. Last month I had my 16th birthday and even though it wasn't as big as some suite sixteens america has, it was special. There is then the other aspects that have affected me hugely over the last year. The main being the saddening end to the era of PokeStadium. I had been on there for two years and I built my way up to making friends and becoming a trusted member. However, Lightning Dash and KF saved us by creating PokePavillion which led to the merger and me joining this great place with loads of great people I wouldn't have met before. I haven't really talked to many of you as of yet, but from the few I have talked to, it is a great place, and over the next year, I hope to share some great memories.

It has also been a great year for entertainment. Although I am not too interested, the PS4 and Xbox One were released a month ago. They are direct competition and some of the technology they have is amazing, although I'll just stick with my Wii U for now. So many great films have come out. Over the past week, I went to see Catching Fire and the Hobbit. Both are great films and they, I happily say, are probably the two must see films of the year. I look forward to what 2014 brings.

Also, the legendary figure who is Nelson Mandela passed away. A great man who is known as a great Humanitarian had sadly left us and it saddened many of us across the world. His great deeds surely won't be forgotten

2014, for me will be one of the most important years of my life. I have roughly 11 exams (GCSE's) which decide which college I go to, which in turn decides my future. I also go off to college and who knows what else will happen. I am scared but also excited for what it will bring. I don't want to leave 2013 behind but I don't want to hold back from 2014.

I hope everyone has had a great year, and Merry Christmas and I wish you all a great new year :3

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Too much happened. All the stuff with North Korea (Notice how the news doesn't even talk about it anymore, but believe me there is still stuff going on), The whole Boston Bombing, The fact that new really annoying state and government laws keep getting passed (U.S), and all sorts of crap like that.

But there was some good stuff. There was uh.... Pokemon X/Y? That i can't even play because i don't have a 3DS? Oh and... Uh... I'm out of Ideas. Wow, i am an angry person, aren't I?

Alright, it wasn't all bad, i just cant think of all the good stuff off the top of my head.