Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

This has been hell.

Two people in my own town have been confirmed infected, and there's no telling who else they might have infected as well before they realized it. In the meantime, yeah, I've been working from home, but it's a little tricky.

The hardest challenge so far has been meals. My dad and I usually don't cook too often, but we've had to change our ways in light of this. We've also been avoiding the supermarkets just because every one of them has been a madhouse and there's no telling if anyone there is infected as well. You take a gamble every time you go and the scary thing is you may catch it there and have no idea until days later. Also, the other day, my dad witnessed a guy filling up his cart with gallons of milk. Why would you do that!? Most of that is just going to go bad! The panic-buying that people are doing is just horrendous.

I'm really just sitting here wondering when and how does this all end. How many more weeks... months... yikes, even years will this thing be going on for before we figure something out or things run their course and life can somewhat return to normal?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

My school has gone online for the rest of the semester and canceled our graduation ceremony. I am now forced to stay home the rest of the semester due to the terms of my extended stay not being approved. Hooray.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Things are definitely escalating. Australia has dropped the ball for now... They really need to close restaurants, gyms etc sooner rather than later. Riding my bike home yesterday and there were a bunch of teenage in a park, couldn't have gotten closer to each other if they tried... x_x plus, Australia is only testing people who have been overseas OR in contact with someone from overseas and showing symptoms. So there are definitely thousands more cases than they say.

On the plus side, I'm happy to have you guys, at least I have plenty to do on PXR once we end up in lockdown!!
    @Homura can't imagine how stressed healthcare workers just be at the moment, will be thinking of you! Take care of yourself!
    GCEA

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Things are definitely escalating. Australia has dropped the ball for now... They really need to close restaurants, gyms etc sooner rather than later. Riding my bike home yesterday and there were a bunch of teenage in a park, couldn't have gotten closer to each other if they tried... x_x plus, Australia is only testing people who have been overseas OR in contact with someone from overseas and showing symptoms. So there are definitely thousands more cases than they say.

On the plus side, I'm happy to have you guys, at least I have plenty to do on PXR once we end up in lockdown!!
    @Homura can't imagine how stressed healthcare workers just be at the moment, will be thinking of you! Take care of yourself!
    Here in the states, restaurants are drive-thru or take-out only now. In-restaurant dining areas are closed down and businesses that aren't life sustaining are starting to close as well, so places like salons and such are now closed. Also, gatherings of 10 or more are now forbidden (it started at 50 or so and has gone further down ever since).

In some places, you can get tested (a nearby hospital is offering testing), but only if you have the symptoms of COVID-19. From what I've read, testing supplies are scarce and they don't want to waste them.

What's going on in Italy looks really grim, and I've been reading details and reports that China is falsifying their numbers of infections and deaths in addition to accusing other countries. News sites are saying Italy's casualty rates are exceeding China's, but something about that sounds really suspicious considering China is where this whole thing started. Considering China tried to cover this up in its initial stages, I don't see their reports as a very trustworthy source of information.

Thankfully, my dad and I are okay and could go on for quite a while without having to shop. We still have a lot of canned goods and I even have a batch of MREs leftover from a camping trip that never got used. I just hope it doesn't get to that point, though...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Here in the states, restaurants are drive-thru or take-out only now. In-restaurant dining areas are closed down and businesses that aren't life sustaining are starting to close as well, so places like salons and such are now closed. Also, gatherings of 10 or more are now forbidden (it started at 50 or so and has gone further down ever since).

In some places, you can get tested (a nearby hospital is offering testing), but only if you have the symptoms of COVID-19. From what I've read, testing supplies are scarce and they don't want to waste them.

What's going on in Italy looks really grim, and I've been reading details and reports that China is falsifying their numbers of infections and deaths in addition to accusing other countries. News sites are saying Italy's casualty rates are exceeding China's, but something about that sounds really suspicious considering China is where this whole thing started. Considering China tried to cover this up in its initial stages, I don't see their reports as a very trustworthy source of information.

Thankfully, my dad and I are okay and could go on for quite a while without having to shop. We still have a lot of canned goods and I even have a batch of MREs leftover from a camping trip that never got used. I just hope it doesn't get to that point, though...
    They made that "gathering of 10" announcement awhile back. And guess what? My work didn't care. We still had to work inventory. Food delivery has made new options so it's not hand to hand. It also takes longer to be delivered.

It really is pretty bad that the testing supplies are so scares. Japan is doing similar actions so what Sarah describes for Australia. "Have you been outside of the country? If yes, have you been anywhere around the Wu Han Provence?" If not, then they don't test you. It sucks that is the only way you can get tested in some areas. Even if you show signs.

I've heard similar rumors. Where China had this going for some time and kept it quiet. While it just continued spreading rapidly. Italy now is in terrible shape. The images coming out from it all are pretty terrifying.

Back at my parents we have a few MRE boxes to last us a few months. Canned food as well. Here at my place we have enough toilet paper (and still do) for a few months as well. We were pretty well stocked for the Masters guests that we're gonna stay here....but that's been postponed.

Here where I'm at. Some places have shut down and others hours have changed. My place? We still have to go to work. Since it's considered "essential." Honestly if it gets to it. No one is gonna go shopping soon. The way things keep moving it's like they would push Mashal Law at this rate. Cause the states "aren't doing enough." So said President Trump. While I do agree not enough is being done to halt it. Only so much can be done at once without disrupting an entire system and balances.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    My hospital is now the epicenter of the disease in the USA.
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Homura View Post
    Oh dear. The US situation seems crazy. But it will probably be us soon too. Are you in NYC Kenny? I heard that was the worst in the US at the moment. Hope you're doing okay and thank you for the work you're doing!!
    GCEA

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Homura View Post
    Yikes...

The work you're doing is saving lives. It's exhausting, I'm sure, but you're giving people another chance to fight this thing and enjoy life again.

That's heroic and you should be proud of the work you're doing. Stay strong and be safe.

9. This post has been liked by:

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Thanks Neo and Sarah.

Well things have gotten better now. I'm sure most people are antsy about shelter-in-place tho. Generally OK. They're starting to do antibody testing of the hospital workers now here, so progress is happening.
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

New York is pretty bad still, and I haven't gone outside in almost two months now. Frankly, I'm tired of this outbreak and want it to end already.