Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Online classes seem so different, but I'm sure some have their advantages

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I have always somewhat preferred online classes but it REALLY depends on the subject.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Oh yeah for sure. I had two online classes before. It really just depends on the subject. Mine being pretty much English core classes way back. Was simple enough.

The time is upon us...

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah you guys are moving to winter now huh? Luckyyyyyyyyy
    I don't really like winter since I have to ride to work. It's gonna be freezing when I go back tomorrow! Just hope it doesn't rain too much. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah you just take them online. Professors can either use Canvas, which is the academic platform our institution uses for grades and the like, and issue the test through that, or in the case of both of my exams, email us a PDF/Word Document and tell us to email it back to them by a certain time.
    Ah I see. So are they open book? Or do they just trust people not to cheat? My brother has to do some fancy exam to become a chartered accountant and they use his computer webcam and microphone to make sure he is the one there doing it and they have to use some program that prevents any other programs being opened on the computer during the exam so he can't look stuff up. Pretty crazy!
    GCEA

Administrator

Yeah I can see how having to ride to work makes it a challenge. I'm quite the opposite in that way though. I hate having to walk or ride out in the summer heat. With just how hot it tends to get. I can take it for awhile, but too long and I feel like I'll pass out.

The time is upon us...

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah I can see how having to ride to work makes it a challenge. I'm quite the opposite in that way though. I hate having to walk or ride out in the summer heat. With just how hot it tends to get. I can take it for awhile, but too long and I feel like I'll pass out.
    Yeah I do prefer winter over summer. This summer just passed, I rode to work a few days where it was 37-41 degrees and that was definitely not fun. On the hottest day, I really had to push to get home, didnt think I was gonna make it at one point xD

It ended up drizzling on my way to work and back so I got pretty soaked by the end of it. But it was kinda nice being back at work, especially because only a few people were allowed back so far so it was nice and quiet!
    GCEA

Administrator

A little at a time. That's how it should start. So that's good.

Yeah here it gets to be staying in thes upper 80s to 90s. Even 100s here. All with humidity and that's what makes it so much worse. I look forward to the cooler rainy days.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Ah I see. So are they open book? Or do they just trust people not to cheat? My brother has to do some fancy exam to become a chartered accountant and they use his computer webcam and microphone to make sure he is the one there doing it and they have to use some program that prevents any other programs being opened on the computer during the exam so he can't look stuff up. Pretty crazy!
    Depends on the exam. Out of the two previously mentioned finals, one was open book and one was closed book, but I won't deny that I definitely used my notes and such on the closed book exam since there were no preventative measures to prevent me from doing so and I wouldn't have been able to complete the exam in the allotted time period if I couldn't use my notes. 6 definitions, a paragraph required for each. 5 quotes that needed to have their sources identified, both book and the chapter they were from, as well as a paragraph explanation of their significance. And two 5 paragraph essays. All to be done in 2.5 hours. No way that could be done closed book. The other exam though seemed to know people were going to cheat anyway, so he made it open book, open note, and even allowed people to work in groups on the exam so long as we disclosed to him who was working together in what groups.

That said, I had a Spanish practical exam back in March that required me to use some sort of proctoring system that did lockdown my entire computer, as well as shared my screen, allowed the proctor to see me through the webcam, and I had to set up my phone as a secondary camera so I couldn't use it either. I also know a few people are using programs such as Lockdown Browser which also shuts down all programs on the computer other than the exam. So there's ways to make it closed book for sure.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

So much here lately hasn't been going right. Not one answering or responding to my called to the DoL.

The time is upon us...

Senior Moderator

Dang...it is kinda dead here. How has everyone been?

·»Your focus determines your reality«·