Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

We used to have Netflix, but a lot of the time, I felt like we were just settling on random movies that none of us had ever heard of (I have a friend that loves cheesy and terrible horror movies XP). 4 out of 5 times, there was a good reason for that. XD Every now and then, though, there was diamond in the rough.

I can't really get into series anymore. When something has like four or more seasons and each episode is like an hour long, that's a major time dedication. And so many of them end in really disappointing ways that make you feel like watching the whole thing wasn't worth it...

Personally, when it comes to movies I tend to stick to old favorites, even on Netflix. I did try a few new series (Seven Deadly Sins, Disenchantment, and Castlevania) though, and I thought they were good. But yeah, I can see the potential waste of time being a factor in staying away from long series.

Administrator

I mean yeah. There's certain series I've start, but never finished even. It's tough to keep up with it all.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Walking Dead was one I started but then dropped out of around Season 4. Found out I really didn't miss much. That whole series feels like it just kept running around in circles. Things that took three episodes to establish were undone in the next and the whole cast just felt like a constantly revolving door where some characters were introduced, then died, then new ones came along, some of them died, but then a few more were added, and on and on.

And then Game of Thrones was like... really? That was the ending no one expected but no one wanted. Everyone used to talk about it and now no one talks about it.

I'd rather play some video games than pick up a new series like this.

Administrator

yeah it's the fact everyone talked about Game of Thrones and wanted me to watch it....then the ending came out and told me not to. I'm still unsure of watching it now xD.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I wouldn't spend the time. You will likely get really into it and will want to keep going, and then the ending is going to just bust your dreams about what the whole series could have been, but wasted all that time building up. Before people would be like "what, you're not watching Game of Thrones!? Are you nuts!?" Now, they'd be like "you were wise saving your time."

This is kind of why I like movies more. They usually don't waste time with too much filler and if the movie ends up being lousy anyway, it was only at the cost of a few hours.

Administrator

I loved the Breaking Bad series. The movie that came out recently was pretty good for a send off to the series. Not exactly what I expected, but nice for one last show.

The time is upon us...

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Yeah, Recently loads of series have had terrible endings. Star vs the Forces of Evil crashed and burned in it's last half a series, with (Ending spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    the protagonist essentially commiting genocide on her own children to stop the bad guy, who then survived anyway, all the while making out that being permanently separated from her boyfriend was the worst thing that happened as a result. What the hell disney, you make your main chracter pull a Thanos and are just going to ignore it?!

But yeah, it seems Netflix has noticed people being wary about long shows, some of it's newest shows like the Idhun Chronicles & that new Tranformers series only have five to six 20 minute episodes as a full season, so around the same total run time as a movie.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I guess Shruikan will be crowned the official last poster? Unless someone makes a new thread. XD

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links