Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Unovan Dark trainer and breeder Maddox's Avatar
    Well, because of my habit of dropping pretty much anything when one of my friends wants to hang out, I'm kind of in the middle of a lot of books. I've been re-reading Lord of the Rings for the million-and-first time and I've been making my way through Peter Pan, Child Thief by Brom (a horror re-imagining of the Pan story), Lost Souls by Kate Griffin, American Gods by Neil Gaiman, and The Bookman Histories by Lavie Tidhar. Hopefully I'll be able to finish one of them soon...
    Friend code: 2638-1886-4182
    Maddox's Shiny List

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
    Well, because of my habit of dropping pretty much anything when one of my friends wants to hang out, I'm kind of in the middle of a lot of books. I've been re-reading Lord of the Rings for the million-and-first time and I've been making my way through Peter Pan, Child Thief by Brom (a horror re-imagining of the Pan story), Lost Souls by Kate Griffin, American Gods by Neil Gaiman, and The Bookman Histories by Lavie Tidhar. Hopefully I'll be able to finish one of them soon...
    I tend to read a lot of books at once too. Good luck getting some of them finished!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
    Me too! I just finished reading through 1984, and have Aldous Huxley's Brave New World waiting on my Kindle. :) For now though, I'm reading Dust by Hugh Howey. It's the final book in a trilogy about a future in which humans live in subterranean cities.
    They're so addictive, aren't they?! Dust sounds interesting. Brave New World is on my list of things to read. Post what you thought of it when you're done! :D

I'm currently reading The Lord of Opium by Nancy Farmer, which is about a clone who inherits a country whose wealth comes from drug trading. It's full of pretty original ideas.
    GCEA

I don't know what's supposed to go here. Pokeman's Avatar
    Well, I started reading the first series of the Warriors Cat saga. I got kinda pissed yesterday because the 3rd book wasn't in the library.

Soooo... I checked out this military fiction called "Black Anchor". It's about this Chinese oil rig in the middle of the ocean. There was a fight about who got to own some of the land in there, and the Chinese decided to plop their oil rig in like nobody's business. Then some American mercenaries went in on jet skis and they're holding everyone on the rig hostage. Now some military Special Ops team called "Shadow Squad" has to go in, rescue the hostages, defeat the mercenaries, and do it secretly.

Even though it's a bit short, ((only 95 pages long)) I still like it alot.

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I remember reading some of the Warriors series so long ago! :O

I just finished Allegiant by Veronica Roth (final book in the Divergent trilogy). I wasn't that impressed with it. I also finished Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. Really like this author!
    GCEA

I don't know what's supposed to go here. Pokeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I remember reading some of the Warriors series so long ago! :O
    Omg, really? @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I just finished Rising Storm ((dat plot twist at the end doe)) but we didn't get to go to the library today, soo..... But, on the birght side, I had this other book called Amulet: The StoneKeeper. I would explain it, but it's so complicated..... xD

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Haha it's been so long, I can't remember anything about them! D:

Just finished a book called Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. Really cute book!
    GCEA

Finished a book called Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe for my Honors English II class. It was a pretty interesting historical fiction about primitive tribes in Niger!

|||||||||

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Finished a book called Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe for my Honors English II class. It was a pretty interesting historical fiction about primitive tribes in Niger!
    That does sound pretty cool. I always had to read the worst books for the school. :P
    GCEA

9. This post has been liked by:

Corey 

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    That does sound pretty cool. I always had to read the worst books for the school. :P
    It's one of the better ones we read. xD It kept my attention, at least! It didn't get interesting for a while though. :c

|||||||||

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    I have pretty much read all of my books in my eBook tablet. But for now I'm rereading The Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. Gotta love modern mixed with mythology!

I want to read Blood of Olympus. But its release is October this year. ):

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630