It all happen one year ago on September 15th.
The dream was achieved. Ash Ketchem finally won his first ever Pokemon League. It took twenty-two years but Ash Ketchem won his first Pokemon League in Alola.
In honor of the one year anniversary of this momentous occasion, several Pokemon fans decided to declare September 15th as National Ash Ketchum Day! Pokemon fans all over Twitter used the hashtag #NationalAshKetchumDay to say how much they love Ash and so proud that he can now be called a Champion.
We may be a day late but we wanted to share some of the best tweets and moments from National Ash Ketchum Day!
The EntityMays That Started It All

The day all started with Pokemon Anime YouTuber EntityMays (Ben) declaring September 15th as Ash Ketchum Day one year ago when Ash won the Alola League. He made good with his promise by pushing it today with the #NationalAshKetchumDay hashtag.
On this day 1 year ago, our boi Ash won his first-ever league, even becoming the CHAMPION of the Alola region too! What really makes the victory so sweet for me, is how much fun you could see he was having & his shocked expression upon winning #NationalAshKetchumDay pic.twitter.com/CZkDNlszg6
— Ben #NationalAshKetchumDay (@EntityMays) September 15, 2020
Even before Ben had the chance to use his own hashtag, fans from all over the world were already using the hashtag to celebrate Ash’s victory anniversary. Though, it didn’t stop as the hashtag began to gain steam and began to trend. Ben dedicated his entire day to retweet, like and just commentate at how many people were tweeting today using the #NationalAshKetchumDay hashtag.
I actually wanna cry
Im in a fever dream, surely #NationalAshKetchumDay pic.twitter.com/z23GHX9PPI
— Ben #NationalAshKetchumDay (@EntityMays) September 16, 2020
Though it looks as if Ben was not expecting Pokemon to make it official or the amount of support he had gotten.
Even Pokemon Joins In

The official Pokemon Twitter account decided to join in on the celebrations as well! Below are some of their tweets to celebrate Ash’s one year anniversary!
The kid is a champion.
Where were you when Ash took the win? #NationalAshKetchumDay pic.twitter.com/VMhLnsju4k
— Pokémon (@Pokemon) September 15, 2020
Though, Pokemon didn’t stop here with just this tweet! They even prepared a little something special with their Play! Pokemon commentators! Gabby Snyder and Kenny Wisdom took up their microphones to commentate all of Ash’s final Pokemon Leagues battles. They broke down the plays where he lost but ultimately won it all in Alola.
He wanted to be the very best.
In honor of #NationalAshKetchumDay, join @PlayPokemon Commentators @GabbySnyder and @kwisdumb as they look back at Ash’s previous league battle adventures–from Kanto to Alola!
: https://t.co/VINHd1eUSV pic.twitter.com/TKKzgaNyhN
— Pokémon (@Pokemon) September 16, 2020
If you want to watch all seven videos commentaries from Pokemon then click here to see them all!
The Voice Actor’s Response

The #NationalAshKetchumDay hashtag got so big that even Ash Ketchum’s English Voice Actresses responded!
This opinion is my own, but as the voice of Ash Ketchum, I hereby support the fans in their call for a #NationalAshKetchumDay to commemorate his big win. Internets, assemble!
— Sarah Natochenny (@sarahnatochenny) September 15, 2020
Sarah Natochenny is Ash’s current English VA who voiced the great moment. She was in full support of this day and sounded pretty proud of the fan’s push.
Is #NationalAshKetchumDay really a thing? I think #WorldAshKetchumDay is more appropriate. So many wonderful actors in many languages have given voice to our hero, primarily @rica_matsumoto3! Ash shows us the power of friendship and positivity. We are truly all in this together! https://t.co/1vX3THBzuO
— Veronica Taylor (@TheVeronicaT) September 16, 2020
Veronica Taylor was the original Ash voice actress from the start with 4Kids until 2006. With her tweet she suggests that we call today World Ash Ketchum Day. After all, Ash has fans all over the world and is voiced in many different languages. Maybe she is right about that.
The Fans

Lastly, we want to show some tweets from Pokemon fans who used the #NationalAshKetchumDay hashtag. We can’t show them all so we will show off some of our favorites.
Favorite Ash moment from Sun and Moon #NationalAshKetchumDay
C’mon now. We all know what this moment is. I don’t even have to explain myself pic.twitter.com/vntlwqXnvo
— Almighty Piccolo? (@RewindStraight) September 15, 2020
Some people like Almighty Piccolo decided to share their favorite moments from the Alola League. He picked a pretty awesome too where Ash had this first battle as Champion against Professor Kukui. This is one of my favorite moments too!
I finally finished it! And just in time for #NationalAshKetchumDay!
Alola!!!#anipoke pic.twitter.com/FNRkfQsZix
?Y? (@RylxDream) September 15, 2020
RYL was working on a piece in honor of Ash & Goh meeting up with the Alolan Gang. It looks as if they got it done just in time for #NationalAshKetchumDay! This piece looks great and fitting for today and what happen recently in the Pokemon anime.
Happy #NationalAshKetchumDay!
There are so many remarkable factors to like about Ash! But here, I’ve decided to highlight how he inspires so many other trainers, especially Lillie over the course of SM, which was incredible
From Sun and Moon Episode 146 pic.twitter.com/zVw7xA6bwl
— Lillie Propaganda (@LillieGanda) September 15, 2020
Twitter’s own Lillie Propaganda account decided to take a moment Ash on his day. They did this by featuring the final moment between Ash and Lillie. After all, Ash is such an amazing inspiration and it can be seen with Lillie’s development during the Sun & Moon saga of the anime.
Is it really #NationalAshKetchumDay ?!? Good thing too cuz today I got my son his own ash ketchum hat on his 10th bday today! Plus hope we can see @TheVeronicaT when the pandemic ends to get his hat signed. This may be the first year we don’t see her! Lol pic.twitter.com/SWYX69FaNG
— Ruben A Lira (@nesslink68) September 16, 2020
Ruben A Lira decided to celebrate #NationalAshKetchumDay with his son! They are wearing their Ash Ketchum Hats proudly on such an amazing day!
#NationalAshKetchumDay
To the boy who wants to be the very best, like no one ever was! pic.twitter.com/0GxtfawYRp
— Ramsay?????? #ThankYouAnipoke (@Yasmar100) September 15, 2020
Happy National Ash Ketchum Day to the one who wanted to be the best like no one ever was.
If you want to follow the tag then click here! The day is over but you can still celebrate Ash’s win no matter what day it is!
The post Happy #NationalAshKetchumDay! appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.