It’s Tuesday which means it’s time for Crossroads Comics!

This week we’re taking a look at Kilroy! An original comic by FedoraSpooky, Kilroy follows a thief named John. While helping unloading a truck, John accidentally breaks a mirror, what should have only been seven years of back luck turns out to be something far far worse. Now John, taking on the alias “Kilroy” and possessed by the spirit previously housed within the mirror, must collect all the shards of the mirror before it’s too late. With both their lives on the line, will they succeed?
Kilroy is a comic that I was initially intrigued by based on the cover. It has our main character in a really dynamic pose and the idea of a thief stealing shards of a mirror was very intriguing to me. And Kilroy did not disappoint. The peaceful beginning lulls you into a false state of security that could easily make you forget the actual plot of the comic as it takes you through John’s day to day life. Yet it also does very well to establish John as a character, making it clear that he sneaks into movies and has some klepto tendencies. Then, all at once, the plot kicks off, leaving the readers just as disoriented as John is when the scene transitions in a flash and the plot kicks off. From there, the story hits the ground running as we’re whisked into a museum where Kilroy is about to commit another theft. It’s just a really cool experience to binge because the author does well to emulate how the characters feel through the reader’s own experience with the comic. You never really know what to expect because just when you think you might know what’s coming next, the comic goes in a completely different direction. All in all the visuals, the pacing, and the story make for a very enjoyable read. Plus, the story is one that I haven’t really heard of before and I’m eager to learn more about the magical system surrounding this comic.
So if you’re interested in reading this comic and experiencing this really cool story for yourself, be sure to check it out on Tapas or ComicFury. You can also support the author and the comic on Patreon and Ko-fi. Finally, if you want to see more from the author, be sure to check them out on Twitter Deviantart, and Tumblr.
And be sure to check out the rest of the comics in this week’s lineup!
Crossroads Comics
Ask Team Lightbringers Well it’s good to have that cleared up.
Lucky’s Travels Into the cave we go!
“Lucky You” Oh no! He’s being jumped!
PMD: Explorers of Life Away he goes!
Pokémon Rising Shadows And that’s the end of the chapter!
Renegade’s Redemption Into the crowded hall we go.
Shinka: The Last Eevee The calm before the storm.
ComicFury Comics
A Dream of Illusion Something is off about all this.
Heroes of Hoenn Onward! To meet the President of Devon Corp!
It’s a Mystery, Maybe! Not important. Moving on.
Kilroy This can’t be good.
PMD: Alliance Hmmm something isn’t quite right about all of this.
PMD: Clockwork Journeys Looks like everyone is getting acquainted.
PMD: Mitigation Poor thing must be terrified.
Reecelocke Soap!!
The Power of Pouvoir He’s joining the team! Yay!
Deviantart Comics
Deadly Syns They made up, yay!
Jutopa’s Blue Nuzlocke Man that is one savage Kingler.
Kurukkoo! Who’s that Pokémon?
Making Matcha Poor Kalem.
Pokémon Explorers I’m glad Roxie is enjoying her new bed so much.
PMD: Outlanders I wonder why the hesitation.
PMD: Rangers of Sky It’s back! Now to find a way out of this cave.
The Brains and the Brawn Time for a final showdown.
Timetale Something tells me it’s not over yet.
Off-site Comics
Almost Empty Come on, Aster!
Ask Another Clone What a precious child.
Ask the Tower Still it seems like a rather important job.
Ask Willow What a cute little origin story!
Doodle for Food Could’ve gone worse.
El’s Alolan Adventure Poor Guzma is trying to pay her back.
Floating On Who can say no to that face?
Genesis: A Gijinka Story The poor baby.
Team Pirates Sounds like a dangerous but really fun job!
The post Crossroads Comics #121-Kilroy appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.