With more Crown Tundra information just released, let’s check out all the new art that’s come out since!

The reveal of Galarian Slowking as well as all the new information about the DLC coming out at the end of October has resulted in a lot of new art to celebrate these reveals. From fanart of the new Galarian forms coming in the DLC to fun little comics poking fun at it, there’s a lot of great art. And while we can’t feature it all, as much as we’d like to, we here at PXR thought we would spotlight some of our favorites! So let’s get started!
Crown Tundra DLC

crown tundra comics pic.twitter.com/nQxUtrg1ZQ
— Ian Mutchler (fall ver) (@TheFantasticIan) September 29, 2020
Out of all the new Pokémon introduced via the DLCs, Calyrex is definitely one of the more outlandish looking. So it makes sense that Victor would be skeptical of Hop’s drawing skills once he saw it. There’s no need to doubt though, Victor, since that is what Calyrex looks like. And perhaps we’ll find out why once the DLC is released on October 22.
I haven’t drawn anything in like a month but I am very excited to battle team E-boys in the crown tundra next month pic.twitter.com/rpZxMIwQxQ
— ariezabeth (@ariezabeth) September 29, 2020
One of the new features coming in the DLC is the Galarian Star tournament, where players can battle with another NPC in a series of double battles against Gym Leaders and more. Fans have been very excited to see how the teams work together, with Raihan and Gordie being a popular duo. It makes sense! With Gordie’s specialization in rock types and Raihan’s use of Sandstorm during battle, the two would make for an interesting and dangerous pair. Do you think you’ll be able to stand up to their challenge?
A quick Dragonite doodle cause I’m really happy they’ve been added back into Sword and Shield with the Crown Tundra DLC.
Looking forward to exploring it next month pic.twitter.com/1WXxG8CaFc
— Michael-H-Art (All commission slots filled 4 now) (@Michael_H_Art) September 29, 2020
Another feature of the Crown Tundra DLC is many new Pokémon are being added back into the games! While we don’t have a full list of all the Pokémon being added back in just yet, one of the most popular reveals was Dragonite, who was showcased in the trailer. Michael_H_Art is one of many fans that is excited to see Dragonite venture into the world of Galar and decided to show their excitement through this amazing piece of Dragonite zooming through the sky.
I am not an artist at all. But this is the first piece of art I have ever completed and I used a mouse only.
Added the snow to celebrate Dragonite coming to #CrownTundra!
Proud and enjoyed making it! pic.twitter.com/q7e97EoxhD
— DragonBeaz (@TheDragonBeaz) September 29, 2020
Another fan really excited to see Dragonite, as well as Absol, make their debut in the Crown Tundra is TheDragonBeaz! According to them, this is the first ever completed piece of art, done with a mouse no less! I don’t know about you but I’d love to see more artwork from them in the future since this is great! It’s made me all the more hype for this DLC!
Mana & Kira‘s shiny legendaries from Pokemon Go…onward to the Crown Tundra! Galaxia (Giratina) & Aurora (Cresselia)! pic.twitter.com/xDlkfdniZY
— ?°???(????? ) (@mana_chan__) September 30, 2020
Speaking of excitement around Pokémon being added in the DLC, this fan is definitely ready to bring a couple of their shiny legendary companions to Pokémon Sword and Shield as well. And with the announcement of the new Pokémon GO Pokémon Home compatibility coming towards the end of the year, these shiny legendaries, as well as many more, will finally be able to visit the Galar region!
273:The Crown Tundra Wooper#1?1??? pic.twitter.com/zICtfut5yS
— ????? (@zakochirashi) September 29, 2020
Get geared up to explore trainers! One of the most prominent features of the DLC is the new outfits that trainers wear while they’re exploring the raid dens in the Crown Tundra. And while we’ve seen only the trainers wear these outfits, who says the Pokémon can’t wear them too? Zakochirashi certainly seems to agree with me here, drawing this adorable Wooper in some spelunking gear. What do you think? Isn’t it adorable?
Galarian Slowking

i love himb, he’s friend #Pokemon #crowntundra pic.twitter.com/qiFtD7l6kD
— ?????? (@that_pitt) September 30, 2020
After being hinted at back when the DLCs were first announced, the reveal of Galarian Slowking’s design was met with a lot of fanfare. That_Pitt is one of many artists that decided to illustrate the newely revealed design. Part of the reason I really like this picture in particular is that it does very well to showcase Galarian Slowking’s personality and really just brings out something that we don’t really see in the few instances we saw it during the Nintendo Direct. All in all, this guy is definitely a friend.
So Galarian Slowking yeah? Ngl the design has grown on me over the last few days so here’s a quickie doodle of it. pic.twitter.com/SPIjWWVBVL
— Janobii (Commissions Open) (@noblejanobiiart) October 2, 2020
A quick doodle by one of our own PXR members, NobleJanobii. According to her, she was initially skeptical about Galarian Slowking’s design as well but the Hexpert Pokémon has since won her over. Hopefully it didn’t use its psychic abilities to persuade her.
You have such pretty eyes #GalarianSlowking #pokemonswordshield pic.twitter.com/3E5gpM2AA8
— Andrew DC (@AWDtwit) September 29, 2020
One trait that many fans have been quick to point out about Galarian Slowking’s design is the eyelashes. They’re absolutely fabulous on their on, for sure, but with this artist’s touch, they’re even more amazing! Someone definitely uses Maybelline.
Galarian Slowking! He’s aight.#pokemon #slowking #PokemonSwordShield pic.twitter.com/zXMVLWqQsb
— SC_Gravy (@CottonGravy) September 29, 2020
It’s easy to forget that this version of Slowking is also poison type, so SC_Gravy decided to showcase that aspect of Galarian Slowking in their illustration! Galarian Slowking just appears all the more deadly with those toxins spewing from its horns. This is a very creepy, but very cool, illustration that showcases a different side of Galarian Slowking all together.
The Corrupted King#GalarianSlowking #PokemonSwordShieldEX pic.twitter.com/OxEkJgMNEK
— ??? ???? ??????? (@thelastshaymin) September 29, 2020
Here’s another piece that does well to showcase the creepier side to Galarian Slowking’s design. Captioned “the corrupted king”, it shows Galarian Slowking in the midst of using its powerful psychic abilities. You can practically hear the undecipherable chanting coming from the Pokémon as it prepares for an attack. This is a super cool illusration that sends chills through me every time I look at it and I love that someone chose to go for a more serious and creepy piece like this to showcase just how many different sides to this design there can be.
Galarian Slowking but oops ice cream helmet#PokemonSwordShieldEX #pokemon #PokemonSwordShield pic.twitter.com/d1YhiZSedW
— Grace (@GCastelini) September 29, 2020
Not all the illustrations have to be cool or creepy though, some can be just plain cute! This piece is an excellent example of that, swapping out the Shellder on Galarian Slowking’s head for a bunch of ice cream. Hopefully because Galarian Slowking lives in the Crown Tundra it doesn’t get brainfreeze from all that extra cold on its head.
Just because its name is Slowking doesn’t mean it also can’t be a bro! Mario_leria did this amazing drawing of the two Galarian Slow branched evolutions together. They’re a dynamic duo that arguably break the competitive scene with their massive damage dealing attacks. And as the first ever Psychic/Poison types in existence, they definitely have to stick together!
New Forms

Slowking wasn’t the only Pokémon to have a new form revealed during this event. To promote the new Go Home compatibility coming soon, Gigantamax Melmetal has been revealed! Patspixels worked quickly, creating this amazing pixel art piece of Gigantamax Melmetal to celebrate the hype around this new form’s reveal. They also did this really cool piece of Galarian Slowking as well that’s worth checking out as well.
With the release of The Crown Tundra trailer, from #PokemonSwordShieldEX , I show you the three drawings I did about the Galarian legendary birds!
#articuno #moltres #zapdos #PokemonSwordShield pic.twitter.com/tRfJQkyZi0
— Wings of Dragons.art (@wingsdragon_art) September 29, 2020
While they had been previously revealed in a different trailer, we got to see more of the Galarian Bird trio during the direct earlier this week! This means more wonderful art of them as well. So check out this piece that Wingsdragon_art featuring all three birds! I think it has a really cool and simple composition that showcases each bird’s design really well. What do you think?
shiny galarian moltres prediction ?°? pic.twitter.com/aCVQNlhNb1
— ?°???(????? ) (@mana_chan__) October 2, 2020
Fans are also already trying to predict what the shiny forms of the Galarian birds might be. And while we won’t know for sure until the release of the DLC, I think this color combination is a really cool one. I’m a huge fan of blue flames and it just looks so right on Galarian Moltres.
I hadn’t really thought about it until I saw this piece but Galarian Zapdos does resemble Torchic a lot doesn’t it? This adorable piece showcases Zapdos as an adorable nest mother for a little trio of Torchics. I’m sure this will help to keep them all warm in the chilly weather of the Crown Tundra.

View this post on Instagram

?Galarian Zapdos? #pokemon #galarianzapdos
A post shared by Chris (@cdgzilla) on Sep 28, 2020 at 11:20pm PDT
Galarian Zapdos has a need for speed! And this piece captures that need mid-zoom. I love the energy of this piece and how it really shows off the shape of Galarian Zapdos’ body. As one of the commenters cleverly references, Galarian Zapdos really looks like a roadrunner in this piece!

Galarian Zapdos? – #pokemon #pokemonswordshield #zapdos?? #galarianzapdos #nintendo #pokemongo
A post shared by Toliu (@aka.toliu) on Sep 27, 2020 at 4:15pm PDT
One of Galarian Zapdos’ most prominent traits is its powerful kicks. This piece shows off that sheer strength in a mid-air kick. We can only hop Galarian Zapdos’ target was able to dodge in time, otherwise they’re definitely down for the count!
If there is one bird that definitely should be thriving in the Crown Tundra, it’s Galarian Articuno. Here we can see it gazing out over the frozen landscape of this soon to be visited region. What it’s looking at exactly, we may never know, but it’s something we could discover once the DLC comes out!
Here’s another really cool piece featuring both forms of Articuno! With the old so close and the new set to come, these two make for some really cool designs that thrive in this unique artistic style!
Gotcha!

SHOWUSTHEGOODS #GOTCHA pic.twitter.com/JXNReDJq7F
— spooKam APRUEBO + CC (@dettlefff) September 29, 2020
And to finish out this art feature, we can’t not show the fanart from the music video that was shown at the end of the direct! The Pikachu and Eevee designs were insanely popular and for good reason. Many fans agree, that face and those paws make for a peak Pikachu design!
GOTCHA! MV?????????????? pic.twitter.com/SEpXGRj4p0
— ????? (@mako_makotoo) September 29, 2020
These two make for such an adorable duo! Who could resist their cute expression? Not I, that’s for sure.
three of them … i loved that pokemon music video so much AAAHHH pic.twitter.com/hsi1HwOGAr
— saz (@SAZKUS) October 1, 2020
Okay but what if… the whole Pikachu line was in this style? The jury ruling is they’re absolutely ADORABLE! I have to see more of this! And don’t worry, they did Alolan Raichu too! Gotta make sure everyone gets their fair share of the Gotcha style love!
???? pic.twitter.com/Ldnx0CHR6A
— ????? (@popemadara) September 30, 2020
Okay so we’ve seen the Pikachu line, but what about all the Eeveelutions? Critics agree, they’re absolute cuties! Nine smiling faces makes for a huge seratonin boost for anyone that looks at them all. Just try to resist smiling alongside them. You can’t!
pkmn x boc
and there goes my lunch break lmao pic.twitter.com/qLpOKvoaSM
— Christina Chang (@seachangs) September 29, 2020
Here we have Pikachu and Eevee dancing with their trainers in the background. We can’t blame them though, that Bump of Chicken song is seriously catchy. I’ve been grooving to it myself a bunch over the last week. A must listen for anyone that hasn’t yet.
We’d like to think after they ran into each other during that music video, that the two trainers we saw in Bump of Chicken’s video became great friends. And it seems this artist wants that too! Here’s the trainers and their partners taking a selfie together while on their journey. Perhaps we’ll see them again one day when they’re further along. And if not, I’m sure their journey will still be a memorable one.

?GOTCHA?? ????×BUMP OF CHICKEN×BONES ??????????????!!! #???? #???????? #bumpofchicken #?????????? #pokemon #gotcha #bones
A post shared by ??? (@aumi_373) on Oct 2, 2020 at 7:52am PDT
Here’s another really cute piece of Eevee and Pikachu with their trainers. This piece does very well to showcase the different personalities we saw from Pikachu, Eevee, and their trainers during that short video. Even though we don’t have a lot to go off of, this piece still builds on it and makes for a really cute and enjoyable picture to look at.

#gotcha #bumpofchicken #Instagram#???????#art#picture#cute#illustration #girl #illustrator #manga
A post shared by ETO KODAI (@eto_kodai) on Oct 2, 2020 at 7:17am PDT
One of the other really cool aspects of the Gotcha music video was the references to the different games across the years. This picture is a screenshot redraw of one of the more popular moments when Moon and Lillie bump into each other while doing a Z-move pose! I don’t think that’s the proper pose for Twinkle Tackle but that doesn’t make it any less adorable or fun for them!

???????#pokemonfanart #gotcha #bumpofchicken #stevenstone #pokemon https://youtu.be/BoZ0Zwab6Oc
A post shared by @ __.saki79 on Oct 2, 2020 at 6:00am PDT
Here’s another piece showcasing just a few of the many faces that appeared in Gotcha’s video. Steven and Wallace together with Mega Metagross and Milotic, alongside Gladion, Lillie, Bede, and Victor make up just a small portion of the whole celebrity cast. Seeing them here just gets me excited to watch the music video again because it was so cool to see them all in action!
Finally, here’s another set of screenshot redraws, this time featuring several members of the Galar cast! Hop, Bede, Marnie, and Morpeko can be all seen from their respective cuts during the music video. This picture does really well to showcase the lighting and expressions of each character as well as make them more the artist’s own with slight tweaks to better reflect their style. It’s just so cool to look at and is one of the many fantastic pieces I saw today.
As much as we’d like to keep showcasing more, if we showed off every piece I could find, we’d be here all day. So for now, please consider showing your love and support to all these fantastic artists. And until next time, let’s get going, trainers!
The post Art Spotlight: The Crown Tundra, Galarian Slowking, and so much more! appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.