Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    So, for the first bit of true positivity I’ve posted since a year-and-a-half ago, I finally got a job. I handle asset protection, sanitation, and customer relations for a multi-billion dollar company. I’m a host at the local wal-mart.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Hey, a job is a job, it's much better than not having anything at all.

Hopefully it works out for you and everything goes well.

Oh yeah, I’m not complaining at all. I hand out face masks, say hello and goodbye, sanitize the carts before the people get them, and check the receipts at the door if there’s something unbagged or the sensor beeps. This job is, honestly, either going to be the best or the second best job I’ve had yet (out of three, but still).

I’m technically only a temporary hire, but the boss said he’s kept all of his temporaries so far. I’m also almost-guaranteed 40 hours a week until I become permanent, and at $11.50/hr starting wages, that beats out my other two jobs. Add in the breaks and (once I’m permanent) employee discount, and the only thing I’m not sure about yet is the people themselves.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    Oh yeah, I’m not complaining at all. I hand out face masks, say hello and goodbye, sanitize the carts before the people get them, and check the receipts at the door if there’s something unbagged or the sensor beeps. This job is, honestly, either going to be the best or the second best job I’ve had yet (out of three, but still).

I’m technically only a temporary hire, but the boss said he’s kept all of his temporaries so far. I’m also almost-guaranteed 40 hours a week until I become permanent, and at $11.50/hr starting wages, that beats out my other two jobs. Add in the breaks and (once I’m permanent) employee discount, and the only thing I’m not sure about yet is the people themselves.
    Hey that's still good! Asset protection isn't bad. It's what I fell under at my old job, but it was more so fulfillment. Even working inventory they considered me "asset protection." Oh and for $11.50? Really not bad. I had just recently got an upgrade to $11.75 before I quit for my new job. Hopefully things stay in a good place at the job for you!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Yeah, the only issue I have with checking receipts is that I’ve never done it before, so it’s kinda awkward, but literally everyone said it’s something you have to get used to. The sanitation and customer relations portions of the job are no problem whatsoever, and the only other complaint I have is something I already know will go away with time (sore legs because I went just over a year without having to stand for this long). I literally have no complaints with this job because the only thing one of my former jobs may beat them out on is how well I got along with everyone at my second job.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Congrats on getting the the job Awa. :) Hope it works out well.

Senior Administrator

New jobs usually have you doing at least something new that you haven't done before.

It takes time, though. I've had a handful of contract jobs in the past and it usually takes at least a good month or two to get acquainted with what's going on how to do things right. Eventually things click into place and you'll be comfortable.

Administrator

Yeah, the only issue I have with checking receipts is that I’ve never done it before, so it’s kinda awkward, but literally everyone said it’s something you have to get used to. The sanitation and customer relations portions of the job are no problem whatsoever, and the only other complaint I have is something I already know will go away with time (sore legs because I went just over a year without having to stand for this long). I literally have no complaints with this job because the only thing one of my former jobs may beat them out on is how well I got along with everyone at my second job.
    I can tell you for sure it takes some getting used to with these receipt things. Once you get used to it though it's no problem. I never did quite go full out customer service. Never wanted to, but I went on to do much more with the store before moving on. Those that dealt with it for long periods of time got used to it pretty quick though with training and experience.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

I'll admit I've never worked customer service. Most customer interaction I had was with my first job, calling clinical and doctor's offices asking for accounts payable information. Wasn't too bad, though I had a few rather not-so-pleasant conversations with people. Eh well.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    So, for the first bit of true positivity I’ve posted since a year-and-a-half ago, I finally got a job. I handle asset protection, sanitation, and customer relations for a multi-billion dollar company. I’m a host at the local wal-mart.
    Grats on the job! It's always good to have money coming in. :)

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links