Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Very true. In terms of the taxes, the only ones I can actually put a number to for my area is sales tax. We have a 9.945% sales tax around here, which, on smaller items, rounds out to a 10% tax rate.

I would think that you also have to keep in mind location and population on that stuff too. We have less than 4 million people in the entire state, and over a quarter of that population lives in two cities. We are super-rural around here.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    Yeah, but again it only covers tuition. Room and board, books, and anything else that’s not “covered by your tuition” have to come either out of your own pocket, or out of other loans or grants, which you may or may not have to pay back.

That being said, I thought that the case was if you get your degree, you don’t pay it back, if you don’t get your degree, you do pay it back. Still can neither confirm or deny any part of that statement, though.
    Hmm, I get what you're saying, although I think it would be better if the reverse was true. So if you get the degree, you pay it back. And if you don't get the degree, you don't pay it back. Wouldn't the people who get the degree get better jobs and therefore earn more money? Seems a bit awful for those that don't pass (not including the ones who fail on purpose, aha). They'd generally take longer to pay it back and have nothing to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Altaria View Post
    Hmm, I get what you're saying, although I think it would be better if the reverse was true. So if you get the degree, you pay it back. And if you don't get the degree, you don't pay it back. Wouldn't the people who get the degree get better jobs and therefore earn more money? Seems a bit awful for those that don't pass (not including the ones who fail on purpose, aha). They'd generally take longer to pay it back and have nothing to show for it.
    I see it as a way for them to make sure that you don’t back out on a whim and they don’t ‘waste’ their money. Any money they invest into you either gets you your degree, or gets paid back to them. Not saying I agree with it, but I understand it. I could also be imagining things since I can’t find any info on that, so take it all with a grain of salt.

4. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    I see it as a way for them to make sure that you don’t back out on a whim and they don’t ‘waste’ their money. Any money they invest into you either gets you your degree, or gets paid back to them. Not saying I agree with it, but I understand it. I could also be imagining things since I can’t find any info on that, so take it all with a grain of salt.
    Yeah, I mean I understand it both ways. It just seems annoying for those people that don't pass due to difficulty, or unforeseen circumstances, for example. Either way, still pretty helpful!

Senior Moderator

It is all fun and games until Sephiroth decides to join Smash and murder Mario.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

As someone who has never played Final Fantasy, I had to have someone explain to me who that is. But as soon as they mentioned like, the act he's most notorious for I immediately knew who he was.

Spoiler:
    He killed flower girl, whoever that is
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I've never actually played FFVII, but I still very much know who Sephiroth is. xD I guess all the Smash players will be happy.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Actually a lot of people are mad but at this point that's par for the course
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Actually a lot of people are mad but at this point that's par for the course
    it is because Nintendo are Aholes and think they will get money no matter what, no matter how they act.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    it is because Nintendo are Aholes and think they will get money no matter what, no matter how they act.
    Oh I meant about Sephiroth being the one that SquareEnix picked for Smash over other characters from Final Fantasy or other SquareEnix ips, but that is also true.
    / / / / / / / /