Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the congratulations everyone.

Honestly, I’ve worked a supermarket deli and a convenience store before this, and I can honestly say that the customers are both the best and the worst part of any customer service job. The good customers are great, but the bad ones stand out just as much. Luckily, there is a huge bufferzone of “ok” customers that don’t stand out, but tip the scales towards the good end. So, where this job is literally only dealing with customers, it’s not too bad.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I had to work with kids before as well as kind of a summer camp kind of thing. Some of those kids were awesome (crazy to think they're in their mid-to-late 20s now), and some of them... not so much. I did find some kids that were into the Pokemon TCG and we traded cards and stuff. Meanwhile, every Friday everyone brought their water guns and we had crazy insane water gun fights. First time, I was unprepared and only had a Poland Spring water bottle to defend my sorry buttocks. But that following Friday, I was freaking Rambo coming into that battlefield. >:3

Good times.

Administrator

Man just looking back though at the early Pokemon card days. Wish I had saved those cards. They're worth sooooooooo much now if kept in good conditions.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Moderator

I had some pretty rare pokemon cards as a kid. The holo starters that are worth a fortune. Shining Kabutops. A Kingdra that really isnt worth much but i loved it. A lot of Base Set, Jungle, Team Rocket etc. A lot of the old cards.

A teacher confiscated the binder from my bag.

I never saw those cards again...

That teacher owes me a ton of money.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Senior Administrator

I sold a Shining Charizard for about $200. I had no idea it was worth that much and I just had it rotting in a box, not even in a sleeve, in the basement. When I realized what it was worth, I swooped in to immediately rescue it. XD

I had a few other Pokemon TCG cards, but they were not in the best shape. I didn't put them in sleeves, so the holographic foil in most cases got really scratched and beat up. Plus they were heavily played with, so that's definitely going to butcher their worth.

Also, rummage sales are a GREAT source of cards. Most people there will skip by them, but there's hidden gold in these things in you know how and where to sell them. Lots of unaware parents getting rid of their kid's stuff and lots of unaware church volunteers could be your golden opportunity.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    I've got a few old Pokemon cards, probably not anything like Charizard that's worth much. I wouldn't be able to bring myself to sell any of them though, even though they just sit in a box in my bedroom.
    I hoard things. Like a dragon. (Because I am one :P)

The closest I've come to ever selling a card was trading a Yu-Gi-Oh! card I never used for almost an entire deck. (The card was worth around Ł20, and a key part fo a deck someone else was building, so I got amost a whole working deck for the achetype I wanted to play from them.) Sadly, most of the cards in that deck are banned/limited now, so I can't use it much. :/

Senior Administrator

I just found out Shining Charizard is now worth over $1000 >.<

Well, I'm not that bummed out about it, it was nice to get a few hundred out of a card I pretty much had sitting around doing nothing anyway. But it does make me wonder about what else I may have laying around that might be worth absurd amounts of money...

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I have a bunch of old cards. I even have some 1st editions from the Jungle set, but I don't think I have anything super rare. Probably the most rare was a 1st edition holo Flareon from the Jungle set, or one of the original promos I have.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Senior Administrator

Ah, check the price on them anyway, you never know. Cards that I thought weren't worth a post-it note paper ended up being worth more than $50. And there's several websites that are looking to buy (I go with Troll and Toad). You send them your cards, they send you a check and you can cash that right in. :3

I find it kind of funny that years back, there were parents that refused to buy their kids Pokemon cards. Boy, if only they had known. They might have been able to make everything back and earn more than they spent. XD

Senior Moderator

I am still salty i lost thousands of dollars because of school.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·