Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Altaria View Post
    That's at least somewhat sensible.

Here in Aussie it was the AFL (Australian Football League) Grand Final yesterday and I heard the neighbours next door having a party. They were totally loud and didn't even keep it hush. Like how stupid can you get? >.>
    Oh, don’t get me wrong, that stuff happens here, too. I mean, the Fourth of July celebration was huge (by our standards). The only reason we didn’t suffer from it is that our population is so small there’s not really any major way for it to spread except for stores.

Looking at population density, I did the math and came out to this: aside from a spike we had around September 22nd, our 5 infections a day means that just under one square kilometer of my county is infected every day, and it will take 11 years to infect the whole county. Based on those numbers, I’d say that my little section of the world isn’t doing too bad.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Well, my relatives canceled the yearly Christmas gathering. Usually it's pretty big. 50+ people, food catered, and all that stuff, but yeah, things have changed.

I'm still hoping this is only going to go on for this year, because year after year of this is really going to suck out the quality of life.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    Oh, don’t get me wrong, that stuff happens here, too. I mean, the Fourth of July celebration was huge (by our standards). The only reason we didn’t suffer from it is that our population is so small there’s not really any major way for it to spread except for stores.

Looking at population density, I did the math and came out to this: aside from a spike we had around September 22nd, our 5 infections a day means that just under one square kilometer of my county is infected every day, and it will take 11 years to infect the whole county. Based on those numbers, I’d say that my little section of the world isn’t doing too bad.
    Oooh, I see. I live close to the city here and there's a lot of people. So it's worse in my area than mostly anywhere else. :c You're lucky. At one point my state skyrocketed up to 270 something cases a day. right now it's averaging around 5 - 10, which is much better, but we're hoping to get it lower before we reopen stores again.

@Neo Emolga

You get catered food? O.O Wow, that's a big thing. xD My family usually has a large gathering too, with immediate family, but everyone cooks and brings their own dishes. It's great because the food is so awesome. :9 I haven't heard anything about my family gathering for this year so I assume it's not happening. We can't leave our houses to gather now anyway aha.

I'm sure they'll have a vaccine sooner rather than later. I imagine a lot of people are working on it. Another year of this will be awful, I'm not getting any younger!

Senior Moderator

At least y'all don't live in Georgia. I swear, a bunch of lemmings live in this State.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

5. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ho-Oh View Post
    At least y'all don't live in Georgia. I swear, a bunch of lemmings live in this State.
    Oh no I do. It's been a total wash over. So I know exactly what you mean

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

7. This post has been liked by:

AD 

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I definitely don't cook stuff from a recipe. Most of what I've been cooking is frozen food, but it still tastes pretty good.

As far as Christmas gatherings go, I'm kind of glad we get it catered, as the way some people cook their homemade meals is just... eh. We had an office party at one of the manager's houses and it was a nice gesture, but the food was definitely not my thing. Everything tasted like it was drenched in mayonnaise, and mayo is not my thing at all to begin with...

Administrator

mayo is good, but too much just ruins food. That's for sure.

We haven't really cancelled our Christmas gathering, but we split the parties up. So it's a smaller group at that.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

I dunno, I've never liked mayo on anything. It's one of those things I always forgo if possible.

And yeah, right now, we've got nothing in terms of holiday plans. I was really hoping by now things with COVID would have passed over and there would be some normalcy again. But... now it's starting to look like we're just going to get a sequel of all this in 2021 and it's just going to be another year of cancelations and such.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I like mayo, but not when food is drenched in it. XD I guess I'm lucky that in my family we all like the same types of food (and have good cooks).

My family hasn’t really had big parties since my grandma passed eight years ago. This year will be our smallest, with only three people. On the plus side, all three of us know how to make something. My personal favorite, and one that I’m in charge of making, is a dessert called Sex in a Pan (yes, that’s the real name). A layered dish that consists of a graham cracker crust, homemade cheese cake, chocolate pudding, cool whip, and a sprinkling of chocolate chips and/or nuts.

On the mayo part, though... yeah, I don’t like it on anything. But then, I also don’t like most other condiments either.