Senior Moderator

New Event: Random Contest!

Hello, one and all to a little something new--the Random Contest!

The rules of the Random Contest are simple:

--(usually) every Wednesday, watch this space for a new Random Contest. What you will be asked to do will be different every week, but it will usually have something to do with Pokemon--you may be asked to show off your best Ash impression one week, find a specific Pokemon in Pokemon GO the next, and re-create one of the Pokemon Cafe Mix menu items another week.

--You will typically have one week to submit an entry. Depending on how popular this gets, you may have two weeks to send something in

--Entries will be judged by quality and creativity

--The top three entries each week will get their username changed to a color of their choice.

For our first ever Random Contest, let's get into the Halloween spirit by drawing a picture of an iconic Pokemon dressing up as their trainer for the Halloween festivities (Pikachu as Ash, Piplup as Dawn, etc.). Both traditional and digital art is welcomed. You can also draw comics, or even make a GIF, if you wish.

If you any questions, concerns or even suggestions for Random Contests, let us know!

Good luck!
    Last edited by EmeraldSky; 10-08-2020 at 05:15 PM.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

@EmeraldSky Thank you for hosting this event! Here is Marill dressed up as Ethan :

Spoiler:

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

3. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

@Cleobel

Aw, that's cute! Thanks for entering!
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

5. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Since we had a little bit of technical difficulty getting this rolling, you have another week to send something in!

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    @EmeraldSky Hopefully I'm not too late.
    My entry: Snowy (Alolan Vulpix) dressed up as Lillie
    Spoiler:

8. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

@Shruikan

You're not too late--you actually were just in time! This is very cute!

Senior Moderator

Thank you to @Cleobel and @Shruikan for sending in something for the Random Contest! Both items were very cute!

Drop me a PM to let me know what color you'd like your username turned.

This week's Random Contest is in celebration of the Crown Tundra DLC coming out this week...write me a brief (about 1-3 pages) little story describing your first impressions, either what you think of it as you play or what your character is thinking as they explore, and post it in the Writing section (with a link here). If you want to write more than 1-3 pages, that's okay too!

The best stories get their username colorized! Good luck!
    Last edited by EmeraldSky; 10-22-2020 at 02:27 PM.

11. This post has been liked by:

Thank you for hosting the Random Contest, EmeraldSky! I also think that @Shruikan's entry is adorable. :)

I will send you a PM about the colour.

Unfortunately, I won't participate in this week's Random Contest because I don't have a Switch or Pokemon Sword/Shield, let alone the DLC. Good luck to anyone who participates!

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    The best stories get their username colorized! Good lick!
    You know that we are in the midst of a pandemic, right? Therefore, we shouldn't be licking anything to avoid spreading COVID-19. :)

Senior Moderator

@Cleobel

::sweatdrops::

::fixes the typo::

There--now it should say good luck!

14. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    @Cleobel

::sweatdrops::

::fixes the typo::

There--now it should say good luck!
    Thank you for fixing the typo!

16. This post has been liked by: