Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Nico happily waves his copy of the pages around in the air like a scientist making a new discovery.
    "Eureka! Hoorah! I got it!"
    He cleared his throat and read out his findings.

"DAWNLIGHT RECKONING SUMMONING

The moment is approaching for all of us.
    Never before have we attempted such a
    thing. But it is prophecy. We cannot give in
    at this most critical moment.

The battalions must be called in. Abyss must
    not know that we have been preparing, So
    let them think we have abandoned the
    living for now. We will strike when they
    are not ready. When we can have the edge.

Kono mentioned the process to me. We need
    a celestial channel with our realm to be
    able to call in the battalion at the precise
    moment and location. Crossing dimensions
    will be a must and we have made sure we
    prepared the channel map.

Ethereal infusion is another necessary,* but
    it has been a challenge.* Never before has
    a crossing of this magnitude been
    accomplished before, but we still believe
    it is possible. We will need a large
    ethereal infuser as well as a source of
    ethereal flame to power this channel. It will be the only way we can create such a
    large portal bridge between our realm
    and the living.

Lastly the ritual which Kono mentioned to
    me before. We will need the words and
    mantras of the old runic times. Our power
    sources need to be strong as well, and
    nothing short of at least three whitefire
    torches will generate enough power. And
    then lastly the starline configuration,
    needed to cross the ritual with the
    celestial channel.

I prey that our efforts will work there
    is a lot at stake for everyone involved

Yours truly
    Retto magus of utopia"

2. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Now that... that is a thing of beauty that you managed to get that all figured out!

4. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Senior Moderator

@Chibi Altaria

Lita's mouth drops open. "H-how did you DO that?"
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Administrator

Since it's kind of safe to spill the beans about this now, in true honesty, there's not one but two NPCs that are capable of translating those pages for you.

Of course, cracking the code and translating them yourself does the job, too! XD I considered that "Ultra Hard Mode" and wouldn't have left that as the one and only option to get those pages figured out, but hey, here we are!

But yeah, definitely an impressive job! That takes dedication, a lot of smarts, and I'm sure it took a bit of time, also. Well, hope you had fun doing that!

7. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Maybe cracking that code either just gave us a huge step in the right direction, or broke the game wide open...
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    Maybe cracking that code either just gave us a huge step in the right direction, or broke the game wide open...
    Nah, it's definitely more of a "step in the right direction" and a bit of a shortcut being taken rather than a game-breaking show-stopper. And that's totally okay, hasn't broken or damaged the game at all in any way.

I also had this scenario prepared just in case, so don't think things got too much easier! ;P

10. This post has been liked by:

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    OOC: I don't think Neo would allow his handy work to lead to breaking the game. XD

Nia clapped her paws together.

Well done, Nico! That is amazing, I must say!

Excited by Nico's findings, she compared the translated document with the original and jotted down the markings for later use.

There are a few letters missing, but even I should be able to decode it now thanks to your hard work!

12. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Nico gave Nia a cheesy bow when she applauded (even though it was only one clap), and he winked at Lita.

"Oh, it was just a simple substitution of the symbols for random letters of the alphabet, and continuing to swap those letters until whole paragraphs began to make sense. It's a monoalphabetic substitution, Watson!" He twirled the hair on his face into something like a mustache shape while putting on a posh English sherlock voice.

Back to business, he looked at the star map and the two discs. "I'm pretty sure these will go together to summon the battalions referenced in Rettos message, but I'm sure there are more to find. I definitely need to talk to Syrax now, as he might know about how to find or create Ethereal Flames, too!"

Nico looked out the window at the ominous darkening sky.
    "...Will one of you come with me to search (34) Hymn of Rebirth Cathedral, while I talk to Syrax who lives there about the Ethereal Flames and such?"

14. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Nico gave Nia a cheesy bow when she applauded (even though it was only one clap), and he winked at Lita.

"Oh, it was just a simple substitution of the symbols for random letters of the alphabet, and continuing to swap those letters until whole paragraphs began to make sense. It's a monoalphabetic substitution, Watson!" He twirled the hair on his face into something like a mustache shape while putting on a posh English sherlock voice.

Back to business, he looked at the star map and the two discs. "I'm pretty sure these will go together to summon the battalions referenced in Rettos message, but I'm sure there are more to find. I definitely need to talk to Syrax now, as he might know about how to find or create Ethereal Flames, too!"

Nico looked out the window at the ominous darkening sky.
    "...Will one of you come with me to search (34) Hymn of Rebirth Cathedral, while I talk to Syrax who lives there about the Ethereal Flames and such?"
    The looming phoenix looked down at the cinccino, small flames sparking from the plume of his feathers. He nodded.
    "I will accompany you, little one. After all, it is my shrine."

Edit: I realized, i accidentally interviewed the espeon, when in fact, you wanted to interview the espeon. I now know, I am indeed high, on sleep deprivation for not seeing this small, yet major piece of information. You know what? Let's BOTH interview the espeon. You get the good stuff, all that technical stuff. I will get worshiped. I think this is a fair deal for my major mistake.

Edit 2: I think Neo can work some magic here. Right Neo?
    Last edited by AD; 10-26-2020 at 04:06 PM.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

16. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

::slings her bow and a quiver with 30 arrows inside on her back::

Where should I go tonight?