Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Senior Moderator

@Neo Emolga

Is there anything I can urgently do?
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

oof I feel really bad for missing so much. Is there anything late comers can do at this point?

VPP

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    @Neo Emolga

Is there anything I can urgently do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    oof I feel really bad for missing so much. Is there anything late comers can do at this point?
    Sure thing, I have some tips for both of these cases.

If you’re totally stumped on what to do, simply Search on a place that hasn’t been searched yet, though gear up for the occasion, especially if it’s in the Southern Reach (though lately people have been able to go through there without running into trouble). You’ve got heaps of great gear now and plenty of cash, so put it to good use. Don’t make it all fall under the Megalixir tendency, where you tend to stockpile and not use great items thinking it’s better to save them for later… only to ultimately never use them at all.

Also, look for spots where your Perk can be used. Also look at the key items that were found and see if you can make connections with unresolved obstacles that were found earlier. You might already have the key to a door but no one has made the connection and went ahead to use it. But if you only have some of the pieces, you know, it’s still helpful to track the connections and say hey, we know we have two of the three items we need to unlock this door, and while we don’t have the third yet, we can at least track that these two things belong there. In terms of trying to track down those last strangler items, Clairvoyance will help immensely with that and remove the guesswork.

Right now, you’re at the stage where it might just be best to search through most of the locations, see what’s there to gather up in terms of key items and hidden stuff, and in cases where you KNOW you have all the pieces to an obstacle or barrier, use them, put them to use, and that way you’re fitting in pieces of the puzzle and gradually making it easier to progress with less piles of stuff to sift through.

But yeah, there’s still 58 unsearched locations (plus plenty of Pokemon that haven’t been interviewed), and while a bunch of those don’t need to be searched to gather what you need to win the game, many of those places do hide essentials that you’ll need to uncover. Right now, there’s obviously going to be gaps in terms of missing pieces and not knowing what to do with certain things, but as soon as you wrap up the Searching and suddenly have all the pieces before you, then you can start seeing where things fit and how things relate.

4. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Nico was absolutely buzzed by the recent finds and grinned widely. It was time for some yee-flippin-haw explosion action.
    As fun and delightfully chaotic as this post is, unfortunately a good 90% of it isn’t possible due to it being Night Cycle and stores being closed. :P

I’ll do the equipment swap out and the Search on (18) Graybench Industrial Warehouse, but the rest will have to wait until the next Day cycle. Then Nico the Alcremie can get her caffeinated Mad Max groove on. XD

6. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

While you’ve been busy out there, I’ve been doing some research of my own and I’ve come across a few interesting discoveries.

While Stalkers all have a kind of “taint” that you Emissaries and a few trained Pokémon like myself can detect, there are distinctions between them, and I believe I’ve found a way to recognize one Stalker’s taint from another. This will allow us to detect which of these dark artifacts and belongings can be attributed to each Stalker.

I’ve assessed each of the items and was able to attribute each of these things you’ve found with the Stalker they connect with.

I’ve listed the findings below.

Stalker Key Items
    Labyrinth
    • [Left Hand of the Forgotten One]
    • [Right Hand of the Forgotten One]

Obscene

Astralnox
    • [Damaged “Wall Vault” Circuit Board: <Repair>]
    • #[Head of Sacred the Heatran] Macabre Presence – (3 Sanity Damage)#
    • [Innocence of Lycellus the Eternatus]

Twistagen
    • [Punch Card Key]
    • [Deranged Codec: <Technical>]
    • #[Wrath Stone of the NECOMID] Mind-warp Presence – (5 Sanity Damage)#
    • =Twisted Wall Message=

Huskpuppet

Exclude

Non-Stalker Side-Mission Key Items
    • [Corrupted Ensign NV904 Broadcasting System: <Technical>]
    • [Unconfigured Exodus G115A System: <Technical> AND +Psychic Type+]
    • [Damaged Namaxa Broadcasting Console: <Technical> AND <Repair>]

The good news I’m able to easily pass this knowledge along thanks to you Emissaries already having the ability to detect a Stalker’s taint, so if and when you run into any more of these dark relics or into any of their traps, you’ll be able to know which Stalker is responsible and what kinds of threats you will need to prepare for. And that knowledge may be able to help you make connections between these relics and where they belong on the field.

I’ve also reviewed your team records and I’ve tracked down which locations have obstacles that are Stalker-related. Be on the lookout for these kinds of labels:

LABYRINTH:
    OBSCENE:
    ASTRALNOX:
    TWISTAGEN:
    HUSKPUPPET:
    EXCLUDE:

These should give you some clues as to what obstacles link to which Stalkers and what might be the approach you need to use to get through these places. But be cautious, I’m sure progressing through these will involve plenty of dangers.

The Emissaries have gained Stalker Insight. (Obstacles and key items found will be marked and organized based on each Stalker’s color-coded identity.

One more thing.

Delving through the old records and prophecies, I’ve found that each Stalker has their own Phylactery, which serves as a dark power anchor that allows the Enthraller that haunts them to use more of their dark Abyssal powers in the world of the living.

This gives us two options when it comes to eliminating a Stalker. We can…

• Find and destroy the Phylactery first. Once it is known which Stalker is connected to which civilian, the Stalker can be Exorcised without a fight. This is likely the safest method in terms of eliminating a Stalker, but it does involve having to search and dig deep to find their dark lairs and locate these dark anchors. And I imagine these lairs are extremely dangerous.

To destroy these Phylacteries, we’re going to need to commission Navin the Chatot to build a Holy Altar at the steel mill. A Utopia Angel will likely know how to destroy these Phylacteries immediately, but for me… it’s going to take me some time to learn how to do it (2 Days), and I’ll need the Holy Altar and a recovered Phylactery to get started on discerning how it needs to be done the right way.

OR

• Attempt to fight and Exorcise the Stalker without destroying the Phylactery. This still requires knowing which civilian is possessed by an Enthraller. Also, these fights may be very dangerous as these Stalkers will be in their prime form and will be capable of deadly attacks. If you do use this method, I recommend gathering as many Emissaries, Mercenaries, and resources as possible to join in on the fight.

In addition, I’ve discovered there may be another way to fight these Stalkers. Remember, each Stalker was once a normal Pokémon. Finding something that reminds them of who they really are, a memento, a heirloom, or anything of that nature may disrupt the Enthraller’s possession over them. I don’t know what these may be, but keep a watch out for these things.

8. This post has been liked by:

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    Sweet mother of Ho-Oh that's BIG. And I KNEW that nursery door just screamed Obscene. But all of this other stuff? Well I guess we can just dig deeper without dying for now. But I'll just drop reminders of what each Stalker does for now and we can try to piece this stuff together. Because what does a vault have to do with Astralnox....?

Labyrinth: Traps victims in a maze of their mind.
    Obscene: Inserts victims into childish creations.
    Astralnox: Kills using the biggest fears of their target.
    Twistagen: I honestly forgot, but something to do with bodily destruction right?
    Huskpuppet: Something to do with a black substance in their eyes and mouth? I forgot this too.
    Exclude: Just all out erasure.

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

10. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Quote Originally Posted by SlickSlack View Post
    Sweet mother of Ho-Oh that's BIG. And I KNEW that nursery door just screamed Obscene. But all of this other stuff? Well I guess we can just dig deeper without dying for now. But I'll just drop reminders of what each Stalker does for now and we can try to piece this stuff together. Because what does a vault have to do with Astralnox....?

Labyrinth: Traps victims in a maze of their mind.
    Obscene: Inserts victims into childish creations.
    Astralnox: Kills using the biggest fears of their target.
    Twistagen: I honestly forgot, but something to do with bodily destruction right?
    Huskpuppet: Something to do with a black substance in their eyes and mouth? I forgot this too.
    Exclude: Just all out erasure.

You’re right about essentially all of them. Look for these signs, they'll point you in the right direction as to how to make the distinctions.

Labyrinth: A perplexing and almost disorienting alcohol-like taint and smell.
    Obscene: A stench of something rotting that was formerly sweet and sugary at one point, like rotten fruit.
    Astralnox: A smoky, dusty like stench that reminds you of ash and dust. Associated with things most of us fear, like ash after a fire or dust after a violent tornado.
    Twistagen: A metallic-like scent that smells like blood and burning metal.
    Huskpuppet: A foul, oily-like stench that smells like decay.
    Exclude: A hollow, melancholy like scent that smells like myrrh and other ointments used for burials.

Huskpuppet, however, take things to a much darker level. Not only do they suck out the innards of their victims, but the black substance you mentioned reanimates the victim’s corpses into her defiled servants. Or in this case, it seems to be Huskpuppet is the “mother” of these dark “children” as from what Sacred found in the Headmaster Houses. This also means Huskpuppet is a female Pokémon and at least old enough to be a mother.

Astralnox is concerning, as I’ve realized that not only do they use the fears of their target, but pieces and aspects of the targets themselves. Sacred’s own severed head and Lycellus’s own innocence siphoned out of his spirit and harvested into physical form… these have me concerned on a number of levels, and this may be only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to dealing with this Stalker.

I would take special care with Astralnox. There may be more dark relics like this that take things to a rather… personal level. Be prepared to encounter more of this, as horrifying as it may sound. And my senses detect that using these kinds of dark artifacts… may have a damaging voodoo-doll like effect upon the ones they are connected to. These dark components and from what you’ve found out in the field… it points toward them having to be used as dark sacrifices. And in performing these, I've discerned it’s going to have a damaging effect on whoever is connected to the sacrifice offerings themselves. Be especially careful when doing this and make sure whoever is connected to these relics is in top shape to endure the inevitable harm that may be inflicted upon them.

As for the vault, it may not necessarily be the vault itself, but what lies in the vault that has the connection. My theory is these Stalkers, once they arrived to begin their dark ritual here, set out to find empty, forgotten places to make their lairs and hide their dark relics thinking they would be the only ones that would know where they are. Much like hiding a spare key under a rug, they too have taken steps to try and cover their tracks, all while leaving deadly abominations scattered about this ravaged city.

12. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Senior Administrator

@Shruikan

Hoooo boy, okay, I goofed again. I didn't realize Lycellus was searching the same spot that Daz is searching. That changes MANY things if they were traveling together.

Shruikan, I'm leaving it up to you, you've got two options:

• Leave the outcome as is. This means Lycellus still runs from the battle with the chimera. What will happen then is Daz will make an attempt to search that location completely unrelated to what Lycellus encountered.
    • The last Lycellus post gets rolled back and deleted, you search with Daz, and it's as if what happened in the last post never took place. Totally fine with this outcome as well if that's what you want, because it's only fair. What will also happen is the random encounter chance gets re-rolled, you won't automatically have to fight that same chimera again (unless by some absolutely freak chance it rolls both a chimera AND the same three Pokemon as its blended form, which is like... a one in a trillion chance).

So yeah, just let me know how you'd like to go forward, I totally understand either way.

14. This post has been liked by:

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    @Shruikan

Hoooo boy, okay, I goofed again. I didn't realize Lycellus was searching the same spot that Daz is searching. That changes MANY things if they were traveling together.

Shruikan, I'm leaving it up to you, you've got two options:

• Leave the outcome as is. This means Lycellus still runs from the battle with the chimera. What will happen then is Daz will make an attempt to search that location completely unrelated to what Lycellus encountered.
    • The last Lycellus post gets rolled back and deleted, you search with Daz, and it's as if what happened in the last post never took place. Totally fine with this outcome as well if that's what you want, because it's only fair. What will also happen is the random encounter chance gets re-rolled, you won't automatically have to fight that same chimera again (unless by some absolutely freak chance it rolls both a chimera AND the same three Pokemon as its blended form, which is like... a one in a trillion chance).

So yeah, just let me know how you'd like to go forward, I totally understand either way.
    Well, since Daz wasn't intentionally searching the same place, I don't think it's be fair to retcon them to come with me now. So I'd say keep Lycellus's search the same, and have Daz search the place separately.

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    Well.... so Daz didn't even last a day. What did we pick up from this, I wonder?

Mercenaries are weak? No.

The furniture store is a ghoul / chimera haven? No.

I'm just over thinking this and it was bad luck? Most likely.

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!