Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Stalkers RPG Season 5 Questions & Answers

You've got questions, and this Emolga has the answers! If you need clarification on anything or if you've run into a situation where it seems the rules didn't quite cover the situation thoroughly, ask about it here and I'll do my best to answer! Just note that this thread is for Q&A only. The Emissary Hideout is the better place for discussion!

LINKS:

2. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Can we use weapons when we fight? Or do we just have our fists and innate Poke-powers? (I kinda want Lita to have a bow...)
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    Can we use weapons when we fight? Or do we just have our fists and innate Poke-powers? (I kinda want Lita to have a bow...)
    Hey, good question!

So from a gameplay perspective, weapons generally add either additional dice to your damage rolls (variable, so like adding a 1d6 or 1d8), or they add an additional set amount of damage (so +3, +4, +5, etc...). This gets added to the damage that your character does by default, so in Lita's case as a small-sized Pikachu, that's a 1d8. So if you equipped a weapon that gives an additional 1d6 of damage, a 1d8 (standard attack) AND a 1d6 (from the weapon) would be rolled, the results of both die rolls would be added, and that would be the total amount of damage you do. This total damage also gets aligned with your Pokemon type (in the case of a Pokemon with dual types types, the one that gets considered is the one would be the one that's most effective against the enemy target). So in Lita's case, if you rolled a 7 on your 1d8 and a 4 on your 1d6, that would be 11 damage in total, and that damage would be considered Electric (regardless of what the weapon you're using actually is. It could be a knife or a sledgehammer, but the damage output in terms of the game would be based on your Pokemon type).

From a narrative perspective, I'm going with a combination of both. One attack, you might be unleashing a Thunderbolt, another attack, you might be firing your bow, and for the third, you might even use some of the surrounding environment as part of your attack. It's mainly for a good read, even though the game's actual damage output in terms of numbers is based on what I wrote above.

As for using a bow, that's totally fine! I don't even mind if people change the names and types of the weapons they acquire, it's really the stats that need to remain the same. So if you were to pick up a [|AW| Steel Sledgehammer] (Adds 1d6 damage to successful attack rolls) but you really wanted it to be a [|AW| Hunter's Bow] (Adds 1d6 damage to successful attack rolls) instead and see your character using a bow in the narrative instead, I'd have no problem with that! Just mention that and I can use my magical GM powers to transform that weapon for you. XD

Senior Moderator

@Neo Emolga

Okay! That answers my question about what to do if I want Lita to use a Thunderbow (so to speak).
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

So i tried looking and I couldn't find the answer but what does the [PAL] and similar prefixes for the interviewing characters mean?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    So i tried looking and I couldn't find the answer but what does the [PAL] and similar prefixes for the interviewing characters mean?
    Ah, that's their rank within Aurorawatch. So any character that has one of those prefixes in their name belongs to the faction, which serves as both the police force and military.

This is what they stand for:

COM = Commander
    PAL = Paladin
    SCB = Scribe
    KGT = Knight
    SEQ = Squire
    INI = Initiate

I will confess I stole this ranking hierarchy from the Brotherhood of Steel from the Fallout games. :P

8. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    @Neo Emolga

Just to clarify--did I get a quiver upgrade, or a whole other set of arrows with this new bow? For now, I'm assuming it''s an all new set of 30.

(I'm using Zelda's quiver upgrade system--a combination of Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker (increments of 10 on up to 100)
    Hey, just going to answer this here instead.

It's actually neither a quiver upgrade nor a set of arrows, it's a whole new bow. Also, you don't need to track arrows, because if you really do get into combat, chances are good you may find yourself running out and there are no shops that sell arrows. I just made it a bow out of your personal weapon preference, no need to track ammo. We'll just play it as if you always have infinite arrows available.

I don't mind making your found weapons bows instead, but trying to adapt what LoZ does to what Stalkers RPG does may not align too well.

Senior Moderator

@Neo Emolga

(Okay--I look at it now and it may be more of a headache than I wanted...)

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Hey @Neo Emolga, for the amethyst bracer, when you said "(Reduces incoming Sanity damage by 2 points each time Purity damage is taken, Revives player and breaks upon Death)", did you make a mistake there? xD I want to double check since it seems a bit pointless to reduce sanity damage if your purity is being affected, aha.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Altaria View Post
    Hey @Neo Emolga, for the amethyst bracer, when you said "(Reduces incoming Sanity damage by 2 points each time Purity damage is taken, Revives player and breaks upon Death)", did you make a mistake there? xD I want to double check since it seems a bit pointless to reduce sanity damage if your purity is being affected, aha.

WOW, I sure goofed that one up! XD

That instance of "Purity" should be "Sanity", yeah. So if you take damage to Sanity, it gets reduced by 2. So for example, 5 damage to Sanity from a trap or so would only be 3 damage while you wear this.

And yes, before you say it, obviously I need to get my hands on one of these!

13. This post has been liked by: