Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    Misty let out a harsh sigh, lightly dragging her feet across the floor. “Obscene again? Man, this one must be a hard worker.” She ponders, before having a quick brainstorm. “Hey, I know! For today, I’ll buy a copy of the Codebreaker Magazine from Exacta City Newsstand, and then assess this [Damaged Namaxa Broadcasting Console: <Technical> AND <Repair>] so somebody with Repair can swoop right in after I’m done!

2. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Man it's a good thing we spoke with that Dewott when we did.

No kidding. I can't believe he's...

Let's not dwell on it too much. We got what we needed from them. For now let's just tackle whatever is next on the list.

Right yeah...

Madder's not gonna like this one but I want to Use Seinaru on the Mysterious Celestial Starmap

Eth holy powers. Disgusting. If you need me I'll be anywhere but here with Miss Priestess.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

4. This post has been liked by:

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Feel like doing some more exploring. I'll look around (74) Luminous Shopping Center

Nico was confused and upset, but not deterred by the news of the death today. After all, it had happened to him too. He felt a bit guilty about being able to recover from it, while most pokemon couldn't.

He wandered to the marketplace to go buy a CodeCracker (technical) magazine for 100 sochas. He didn't really intend to read it during the day, but there certainly were some broken things piling up that needed fixing. If he had the time, he'd use that magazine with Corrupted Ensign NV904 Broadcasting System: <Technical>... But he wasn't sure if he would be able to do both read AND explore.
    Exploring took priority.

It was time to follow up on a lead that was gleaned during one of the few interviews. Nico headed to the (20) Exacta City Police Precinct (ABANDONED)

I think it's high time that I kick things off strong. Feeling adventurous today sugars? I sure am. I'll help out today by checking out the old (45) Cedarwood Apartments (ABANDONED). After that sparring match. Not even a rabid Arcanine would dare snap at this gal.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SlickSlack View Post
    Misty let out a harsh sigh, lightly dragging her feet across the floor. “Obscene again? Man, this one must be a hard worker.” She ponders, before having a quick brainstorm. “Hey, I know! For today, I’ll buy a copy of the Codebreaker Magazine from Exacta City Newsstand, and then assess this [Damaged Namaxa Broadcasting Console: <Technical> AND <Repair>] so somebody with Repair can swoop right in after I’m done!
    After waking up, you head out during the early morning hours and make your way to the mall. It’s a bit quiet and there are a number of Pokémon still sleeping, but you find the Exact City Newsstand is already open and Dole the Vaporeon is selling his wares, including today’s paper. You tell him you would like this month’s copy of Codecraker and pay him the 100 sochas. He then hands over a copy of this month’s issue.

Misty has spent $100 Sochas for the [“Codecracker” Magazine]

With the magazine in hand, you then head back to the steel mill and pull out the [Damaged Namaxa Broadcasting Console: <Technical> AND <Repair>]. By now, the water has dried, but the damage has already been done. Despite it being in bad shape, there’s still a chance it can work, so you spend the whole morning reading through Codecracker’s articles, picking up on a lot of the technical jargon and schematic mapping. The few articles they have about effective network mapping, systems configuration, and reprogramming are interesting reads, and you try to see if you can apply that same knowledge to the Namaxa Broadcasting Console.

Misty has used the [“Codecracker” Magazine]

Though some of it relates and corresponds, it’s not a substitute for an instruction manual, but it does get you by in terms of setting up the dials and antenna to the correct configuration to achieve an effective broadcast. Still, it would definitely help if the equipment was repaired, but at least you’re able to prepare it as far as it can go. Whatever you can’t configure here and now due to hardware damage, you’re at least able to take detailed notes in terms of what the next user needs to do in order to perform the full system setup and get the console back online once the essential components have been repaired.

[Damaged Namaxa Broadcasting Console: <Technical> AND <Repair>]

Now it just needs the components themselves to be fixed and there might just be a chance this could contact the outside world…

Misty the Palpitoad (M: Water/Ground)
    Health: 20/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 20/20
    Battle Stance: Flee
    Perk: Medicine | Abilities:
    EQUIPMENT:
    Attack Weapon: [|AW| Utility Sledgehammer] (Adds 3 damage to successful attack rolls)
    Defense Armor: <Empty>
    Jewelry: <Empty>
    Utopian Aspect: <Empty>
    MERCENARIES:
    #1: <Empty>
    #2: <Empty>
    PACK:
    • $50 Sochas

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Man it's a good thing we spoke with that Dewott when we did.

No kidding. I can't believe he's...

Let's not dwell on it too much. We got what we needed from them. For now let's just tackle whatever is next on the list.

Right yeah...

Madder's not gonna like this one but I want to Use Seinaru on the Mysterious Celestial Starmap

Eth holy powers. Disgusting. If you need me I'll be anywhere but here with Miss Priestess.
    Paying no mind to Madder, you decide to use the morning to use Utopia’s holy magic on the Mysterious Celestial Starmap, relying on your innate divine insight and divination to unlock whatever answers this mysterious piece of paper has. As you gaze upon it and allow your white paws to be enveloped with holy, purifying light, it is as if you can explore and unravel the entirety of the universe just from this page.

And it almost instantly overwhelms you with just how endlessly expansive it all is. Still, using the spiritual power of Seinaru leads you to a different location, a dimension even beyond the stars. Once set, you trace your way toward where the divination leads you and it locks in upon a place where no living Pokémon has been before…

When you open your eyes, what you see upon the map is the very location of Utopia itself…

[Mysterious Celestial Starmap: <Seinaru> has become the [Utopia Channel Map]

What you see before you on the Starmap now is the full, visual location of where Utopia connects to the rest of the universe.

Unable to contain your excitement, you quickly go into the storage cabinet and retrieve the metallic plates that make up the [Utopia Channel Coordinates], realizing the connection between the two of them. You look over the otherworldly metallic slates and you match the celestial configurations with the Utopia rune markings.

You take very detailed notes and establish the link between the Utopia Channel Map and the Utopia Channel Coordinates in terms of distance, mapping, and direction. Once you finish, you almost can’t believe what you now hold in your white, Shaymin paws…

…it’s the exact roadmap and location of Utopia’s hidden location in the universe. If only you had a starship that could reach this very spot, you could visit Utopia, the afterlife paradise of all good Pokémon…

Noble the Shaymin (S: Grass)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 15/20 | Purity: 24/24
    Battle Stance: Tactical
    Perk: Seinaru | Abilities:
    EQUIPMENT:
    Attack Weapon: [|AW| Razor-sharp Shiv] (Adds 1d4 damage to successful attack rolls)
    MERCENARIES:
    PACK:
    • $205 Sochas$

10. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Feel like doing some more exploring. I'll look around (74) Luminous Shopping Center
    Feeling particularly brave this morning, you decide to go where most Pokémon dread going: right into the Southern Reach. However, you know considering the way the Stalkers have been behaving, it’s only a matter of time that these dark places will need to be investigated. It seems the darker, more forgotten places in Exacta City have become ripe for Stalker infiltration…

You make a direct beeline toward the Luminous Shopping Center, flying over the West Exacta Bridge. However, you decide to begin your descent early, wisely assessing that it’s very possible some of these ghouls and chimeras may be able to fly also, or at least notice you in the sky. Instead of flying over the ruined structures, you decide to use the building ruins and other obstructions to hide and conceal yourself as you make your way to the large shopping center in the south. Meanwhile, you use your dragonfly wings to softly and quickly hover over the ground by just a few feet. It allows you to safely and quickly move and dart about, making very little noise and leaving no disturbances in the ground for you to be tracked with.

It seems you’ve chosen a wise and clever approach, as none of the ghouls spot you and you’re able to bypass the few that you find wandering in the ravaged streets. Once you arrive at the shopping center, you get a first-hand glimpse of just how devastated it is.

While it’s not the most ruined building in the Southern Reach, it has definitely sustained significant damage and even if the ghouls and chimeras suddenly stopped existing, it would be impossible to repair all the damage that has been done. You figure once Exacta City can begin recovery and rebuilding, this shopping center will still need to be completely torn down. It’s sustained too much structural damage to attempt repairing for future use…

You first decide to carefully and quietly investigate the exterior of the building, making sure you stay on high alert for any odd sounds or movements that might be from ghouls or chimeras. As you dart around the perimeter, you see this shopping mall had three entrances. Now, it has only one after tons of rubble crushed and buried the other two…

Around the outside by the southside of the building, you find something unusual, and it looks to be a battered briefcase on the passenger seat of a half-crushed motor vehicle. It looks as though the driver and the driver’s side of the vehicle were crushed by a massive, jagged concrete piece of the mall’s upper floor. The only way you’re even able to tell the driver’s Pokémon Shiftry species is by his warped and decayed leaf fan arm, the only thing sticking out from underneath the enormous slab of concrete…

You look at the battered briefcase and you decide to open it. It’s a little jammed at first, but after wrestling it open, you find it is full of contract papers, and a very sizable amount of cash. You decide to gather it all up and add it to your pack.

$310 Sochas$ were added to Carly’s Pack.

After searching around the rest of the outside, you don’t find much else besides a lot of skeletal remains, destroyed vehicles, rubble, and piles upon piles of debris and refuse…

You decide to head into the shopping center itself, and the interior is devastated. You first enter a large department store’s clothing section, mainly consisting of shawls, accessories, jewelry, and the like. However, a lot of it is ruined, ripped, and filthy. Glass display cases have been broken and jagged shards of glass lay everywhere around the cracked and broken tiled floor that used to be white, but is now sullied with blotches of filthy gray and brownish colors.

You head out of this ruined store and into the mall’s central connecting lobby, which also looks more like a warzone. You find broken glass everywhere, along with destroyed kiosks and ruined merchandise scattered around and in broken pieces. On top of all that, you find plenty of skeletal remains of shoppers that never made it out alive…

You search store after store, starting with an electronics store called FREEquency, but most of the merchandise in there is either completely ruined or it was poached by other scavengers that found their way here. Whatever remains in the form of music memory sticks, broken movie players, cracked televisions, and the like isn’t worth the trouble of gathering up to try and take with you.

You find several more accessory and clothing stores, only their situation is very similar. The only useful thing you find is a dark-gray shawl intended for flying Pokémon with slits and straps for wings. It fits fairly well, would repel some of the blowing dust and sand, and feels comfortable while providing some concealment away from the ghouls. Still, everything else looks like just ornamental accessories and jewelry.

After passing by a destroyed restaurant, another accessory store, a bookstore completely in disarray, a gift store almost completely crushed in rubble, and the food court that’s buried under piles of rubble, it doesn’t seem like too much remains in here. Still, you keep searching through the remainder of the mall and find what looks to be a childcare center sitting besides a tutoring services store and a hair and fur stylist.

At first, you don’t expect to find much in the childcare services office, but when you get to the back, you find there’s a locked door to the children’s nursery, a place for infant and toddlers to be watched over during the day while their Pokémon parents are at work. You take a look at the electronic lock and at first, it looks like there’s nothing wrong, but then you suddenly feel a Stalker’s aura slathered all over it.

Upon closer inspection of the door’s electronic lock, you can see the readout of the lock is totally scrambled and it looks like the firmware was corrupted. Still, you look around and it’s a mystery as to how the door lock is even getting power when barely anything else in the entire shopping center even works. Meanwhile, from what you can see pass the scrambled screen, it looks like there is a prompt for a 2-digit code. At first, you’re a bit surprised this lock has this basic code, but then you realize this is just a door to keep toddlers from sneaking out. Still, it looks like it’s programmed to force a manual physical key override if too many incorrect entries are put in. You figure it would be a bad idea to try using trial and error on this thing as there’s absolutely no indication of where this physical key is and who has it.

{Nursery Door Electronic Lock: <Technical> AND 2-Digit Nursery Door Code} has been noted in the Team Records.

You decide to head out and try looking through the rest of the stores, but you don’t find much. Whatever was left behind is in bad shape or you simply don’t need it and doesn’t hold anything of value for the Emissary cause. Meanwhile, other stores have been squashed under tons of rubble and you can barely get through the front entrance.

After feeling you’ve found all that you could, you decide to head out and dart your way back to the Emissary base. Thankfully, you make it back, safe and sound. Still, you shudder a bit and wonder just how many dead Pokémon are in that mall. You’re convinced you found over a hundred, and those are just the ones you were able to find in plain sight…

Carly the Yanmega (L: Bug/Flying)
    Health: 24/24 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 16/16
    Battle Stance: Flee
    Perk: Repair | Abilities:
    EQUIPMENT:
    Attack Weapon: <Empty>
    MERCENARIES:
    PACK:
    • $460 Sochas$
    • Starf Berry (Restores all Purity)

12. This post has been liked by:

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    "Okay, not sure about where to go, so..." Lycellus covers their eyes with one claw, throws a dart at map pinned to the wall, then checks where it hit. "The hospital? I don't think that's been searched yet. Good as any I guess."

[Search the (40) Memorial Heart Hospital (ABANDONED)]

Senior Moderator

I will check the Corner Market and Everet's Home.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"