Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Morning has arrived in Exacta City
    Submit your Day 6: Day Cycle Actions now!

Time Remaining:

CLICK HERE

(Thursday, February 4, 2021 9:00:00 PM EST)

@EmeraldSky @Noblejanobii @Scytherwolf @SlickSlack @Lychee @AD @Suicune’s Fire @Shruikan @Chibi Altaria @Bulbasaur @James-Typhlosion @TylerNinetales

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    Well, this was actually a bit scary to Misty. Was that Blood Letter thing true? Regardless, now they'd have to travel all the way to the Southern Reach just for Berries. But they were cheaper, so that's something. But for now, there's stuff to do!

First of all, she dumped everything she had on her into the Team Inventory before coming up with a plan and a half. (If it's fully restored) She would bring that Namaxa console to Crez to see if it would help. (If not), she'd grab some Shadowatch Nightlock Armor and that Paladin's Reaperblade before setting off to (70) Daluco Toy Store.

"I'm more then ready to be messed up by some *OOF*ing stuff Obscene dumped here, or beat the heck out of a ghoul. Wait, I don't want to do that..."

(If the console's fixed, give it to Crez.
    If not, equip the said items and go to Daluco.
    If I can do both, I'll do that.)

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

3. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Senior Moderator

Since I don't think I can do anything else for the side mission...

I will check Dret’s Brewery and Home.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Being only slightly let down that she actually managed to sleep last night, and almost entirely unbothered by the death of a random mercenary and Borsei, Nico was out at the break of dawn with a very similar plan in mind to the one she had last night.
    Except... maybe with a little more backup. Maybe.

She checked her pockets, and finding 850, she added a few more from the team inventory to finish buying what she needed. 1000 Sochas more, to be exact. It WAS for the team, after all! She didn't feel guilty about not discussing it, since a lot of the emissaries were asleep or absent lately.

The shops would be open! Should be open! Are open!
    OKAY TIME TO SPEND ALL THE MONEYS

First, it was time for a stopoff at the Soul Food diner, buying two caffiene delights, takeaway.
    (($150 x 2 = $300))

The next stops were a little further away, but there was no other good choice for berries now that Borsei was dead anyway.
    She bought three of each:
    $[Sitrus Berry] 15 Sochas$ (Restores all Health)
    $[Spelon Berry] 15 Sochas$ (Restores all Sanity)
    $[Starf Berry] 15 Sochas$ (Restores all Purity)
    (($15×9= $135))

A lot of the emissaries had been very quiet lately, and there were technical components still sitting around needing fixing.
    It was time to hire a mechanic.
    Hopefully the Whitestar Skyscraper would have a "Desperado" in need of cash. Weirdly, the price for 3 day contracts and 4 day contracts was the same. She put it down to a typo- Mercenaries weren't usually great at maths or reading. It didn't matter anyway, she only needed a 2 day.

$[2 Day/4 Cycle Mercenary Contract] 300 Sochas$ (Choose any Pokémon to have as a mercenary for 2 Days/4 Cycles)
    **Mercenary has a Perk of your choosing** - +$100 Sochas$ per contract- TECHNICAL
    ($300 + $100 = $400)

She was hoping for a merc that was not chatty but was good with tools, possibly either a ghost or a psychic type- just in case emissaries turned up to do the Technical work instead she could take the merc out in the field and unlock some previously inaccessible areas. Apparently the only pokemon to be BOTH ghost and psychic were like, legendary or something, so they probably weren't hanging out in a dusty crumbling skyscraper looking for jobs. Although Hoopa might...
    She shook her head. No, probably someone simple, like a Medicham or a Metang.
    There were still three items in the team inventory requiring a technical outlook to fix, plus one technical needed at (17) Northern Heights Storage. She would ask the merc to go for the most important one first. Please repair the [Corrupted Ensign NV904 Broadcasting System: <Technical>]. We need it for Aurorawatch business.
    And no, you can't have any of my coffee. I know I have two. This second one is also for me.

Next, it was the exciting spending, FINALLY! Warehouse upgrades!!
    She very excitedly ordered two upgrades for the headquarters from Navins Constructing, before he squawks.
    Before he's over the hill. Before he starts pinin' for the fjords, as some might say.
    Gotta get some doors nailed before he's dead as a doornail, m'dear.

$[Build Garage] 500 Sochas$ -- built on 1a
    $[Build Fitness and Recreational Center] 500 Sochas$ -- built on 1c
    ($500x 2 = $1000)

So there we go, the shopping spree ends on a solid $1835 Sochas. Nice job. Should only have 15 left in her pockets, which is just fine to lose.

Hopefully she got a lift back home with the construction pokemon, just to speed things along a little bit. There was certainly nothing in the description about these things taking any time, but she did wonder how they could construct everything so quickly. She was SO ready to jump into one of the two automatically provided vehicles right away. You know that kind of jeep that you see bouncing around through jungles and sand dunes? Thats what she was hoping for. Nice big open top to fire missiles out of.
    Wind in your... hair? Well, Wind whipping at your cream...
    REVV REVV OK BABY LETS GO

Each vehicle gives the driver two actions.
    Each coffee gives the user two searches per action.
    Four location searches, incoming!

She plonked a coffee cup into each cup holder and revved the engine.
    Better hope this vehicle doesn't break down!
    She took a sip of her first coffee.

(52) West Exacta River Bridge (ABANDONED)
    ((then eat any berries necessary to get back to max health/sanity/purity))

(76) The OMEN Crater (ABANDONED)
    ((Collect a sample))
    ((Drink a coffee, eat any berries to get back up to max health/sanity/purity))

(76a) OMEN Crater Northwest, Ruined West Residential District
    ((You know the deal, snack until you feel well again... if any berries are left))

(53) East Exacta River Bridge (ABANDONED)

On one hand, she knew the final bridge was boobytrapped for a good reason.
    On the other hand, she would blast anything in her way to smithereens- whether it be the ghouls and chimeras, or the traps designed to stop them. She felt pretty sure a stalker would absolutely love an abandoned, boobytrapped bridge. It would be the quickest way back with the sample, after all.
    Nico was ready to riiiiiiiide~!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I’ll search (22) Kenja Apartment Building
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

Investigate (57) The Darkwatch Building

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Holy Hannah, okay, seriously, the severed head thing wasn't funny. Never want to go through a mind funk like that again.

Think I'll check out (44) Namasha Apartment Lofts. And if I see any more severed heads, I'm cashing out on that one, toots.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SlickSlack View Post
    Well, this was actually a bit scary to Misty. Was that Blood Letter thing true? Regardless, now they'd have to travel all the way to the Southern Reach just for Berries. But they were cheaper, so that's something. But for now, there's stuff to do!

First of all, she dumped everything she had on her into the Team Inventory before coming up with a plan and a half. (If it's fully restored) She would bring that Namaxa console to Crez to see if it would help. (If not), she'd grab some Shadowatch Nightlock Armor and that Paladin's Reaperblade before setting off to (70) Daluco Toy Store.

"I'm more then ready to be messed up by some *OOF*ing stuff Obscene dumped here, or beat the heck out of a ghoul. Wait, I don't want to do that..."

(If the console's fixed, give it to Crez.
    If not, equip the said items and go to Daluco.
    If I can do both, I'll do that.)
    (Don’t forget to change your Battle Stance if you don’t want it to be Flee anymore! Because as it current is, you’ll always be running away from every battle.)

Misty has changed Equipment and deposited $550 Sochas into the Team Inventory.

First, you decide to head off to see if the fully repaired Namaxa Console may be exactly what Crez is looking for. You take it with you, letting the Aurorawatch guards know you’re here to see Crez and that you might have some broadcasting equipment he can use to reach the other towns.

Knowing that mission is a high priority, the Raichu and Ampharos guards let you in and let you know where to find Crez.

When you finally meet with the Whimsicott, he looks excited and relieved. Immediately, he shows you where his communications relay is and on a wooden bench, you see all manners of gizmos and gadgets with gray and black wires weaving around and about like a spaghetti bowl.

[The Namaxa Broadcasting Console] was removed from the Team Inventory.

“Ho boy, here we go,” Crez tells you, trying to hook up the Namaxa Console to his other communications equipment. “Let’s hope this works!”

He turns it on, but there is only static.

A bit anxious, he tries different types of configurations, puts the wires in different places, tries other arrangements… but nothing works. He just winces, looking frustrated that you came so close, but the Namaxa system just isn’t compatible with the other equipment he has to be able to send the broadcast out.

“Ahhh… damn it…” Crez mutters, rolling his head back in frustration. “No dice, this is on a whole other communications platform that’s just not set to work with our Aurorawatch relays. Ugh, man, we were so close I could almost taste it!”

He turns to you, looking a bit regretful, but after sighing, he talks to you again.

“We’re… going to need to try another broadcasting system,” Crez admits, looking to you for help again. “Trust me, I tried everything I could think of with this one. It can’t work on its own and my relays need the right uplink system to make it reach far enough. Nothing we can do except try again with another system.”

Without any other real option, you decide to let him know you’ll see what you can do and you head out, aiming to go for Daluco Toy Store. You have a feeling Obscene’s dark handiwork is bound to be there, but first you need to make it to the site…

However, your trip through the Southern Reach doesn’t go unspotted for long. Despite your best efforts to try and keep hidden… a ghoul Noctowl spots you from the skies and shrikes an ungodly cry. It charges toward you… hungering for your flesh.

HOSTILE ATTACK!
    You have been intercepted by OMEN Infected and must defend yourself!

Battle Track: Locked and Loaded – Cliff Lin

Misty the Palpitoad, Size: Medium, Type: Water/Ground, HP: 20, Dodge Rate: 30%, Attack Roll: 1d10[color=blue]+6, Speed: 69, Battle Stance: Flee

Denkur the Ghoul Noctowl, Size: Medium, Type: Normal / Flying, HP: 15, Dodge Rate: 30%, Attack Roll: 1d10, Speed: 70

Attack Order:

#1 Denkur the Ghoul Noctowl
    #2 Misty the Palpitoad

Fight!

BATTLE STANCE FLEE TRIGGERED: Misty will be attempting to Flee from the Battle!

Immediately, the zombie owl swoops down to attack you, keeping his sharp talons at the ready.

Denkur strikes at Misty! Rolls 94! Hit for 0! (Annuled: 1 Damage – 4 Armor Defense)
    Misty: 20HP

However, your Shadowmarch armor proves quite effective as the ghoul Noctowl doesn’t even come close to piercing the heavy armor plating.

You immediately try to run your way back to base, really not wanting to deal with this.

Misty attempts to Flee the battle! Rolls 46! Couldn’t escape!
    Misty: 20HP

However, the Noctowl insists on giving chase, flying in the air while easily pursuing you from the skies. He then swoops in for another assault, this time trying to drill in hard with his sharp beak.

Denkur strikes at Misty! Rolls 77! Hit for 1! (5 Damage – 4 Armor Defense)
    Misty: 19HP

You feel it sting just a tiny bit, but most of the strike gets eaten by the armor, leaving the ghoulish owl frustrated. Meanwhile, you try yet again to get away from this bloodthirsty bird.

Misty attempts to Flee the battle! Rolls 14! Couldn’t escape!

However, he’s persistent at hunting you from above and you’re not able to break free from his watch. Once again, he tries to divebomb at you and strike with his beak.

Denkur strikes at Misty! Rolls 38! Miss!

However, he misses as you deftly dodge the attack, causing him to nearly fly out of control. You try to use that against him, tearing your way through a store window and using it to cover your escape.

Misty attempts to Flee the battle! Rolls 88! Successfully escaped!

The ghoul Noctowl loses sight of you in the process, and you manage to sneak under cover. After a few minutes, he gives up, realizing you can be nearly anywhere by now.

Misty has Fled the Battle!

You quickly make your way back to base, hoping next time he doesn’t show up again…

Misty the Palpitoad (M: Water/Ground)
    Health: 19/20 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 20/20
    Battle Stance: Flee
    Perk: Medicine | Abilities:
    EQUIPMENT:
    Attack Weapon: [|AW| Paladin’s Reaperblade] (Adds 6 damage to successful attack rolls)
    Defense Armor: [|DA| Shadowmarch Nightlock Armor] (Reduces incoming Health, Sanity, and/or Purity damage by 4 points each time Health, Sanity, and/or Purity damage is taken)
    Jewelry: <Empty>
    Utopian Aspect: <Empty>
    MERCENARIES:
    #1: <Empty>
    #2: <Empty>
    PACK:
    <None>

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    Since I don't think I can do anything else for the side mission...

I will check Dret’s Brewery and Home.
    You decide to head south to investigate Dret’s Brewery. Today there’s a bit of a wind storm and you find it helps to take a shawl with you, but it isn’t too bad where it feels like the dust and sand is to the point of being intolerable.

Upon arriving, you see Dret has a pretty sizable piece of land to his name and it seems the brewery does pretty well for itself. You decide to search around the exterior grounds, and in the process, you come across an abandoned Spelon Berry that looks like its very close to ripening. You decide to pick it up, not sure if someone lost it, or there’s a berry bush nearby and this fell off of the branches, but either way, you decide to take it with you, just in case another one of these Stalkers tries to unleash another grizzly mind assault on you.

[Spelon Berry] (Restores all Sanity) has been added to Lita’s Pack.

You then approach the brewery itself, and it seems like it’s open for business and Dret is busy handling drink orders. You can tell from the look on the Mightyena’s face that he’s trying to keep busy and still provide for himself and his son, but you can see the pain in the eyes from the very recent loss of his wife, Mika.

While other Pokémon around you order drinks, you take a look at the drink menu itself to see what’s available.

(6) Dret’s Brewery

Dret’s Brewery
    Run by Dret the Mightyena

DRINK MENU

• $[Caffeine Delight] 200 Sochas$ (A special brew of caffeinated beverage that gives the one that ingests it enough energy to search two places the next turn.)
    • $[Strong Oran Cider] 100 Sochas$ (An alcoholic beverage that grants +1 to Interview Rapport, but inflicts 2 Sanity damage. Effect lasts one turn, can only use one per turn.)
    • $[The Vigor Monster] 150 Sochas$ (An empowering drink that adds a temporary +5 bonus Health points over your maximum amount. These bonus points cannot be healed.)
    • $[The Lucid Dreamer] 150 Sochas$ (An enigmatic drink that adds a temporary +5 bonus Sanity points over your maximum amount. These bonus points cannot be healed.)
    • $[The Wandering Star] 150 Sochas$ (A mysterious drink that adds a temporary +5 bonus Purity points over your maximum amount. These bonus points cannot be healed.)

Dret’s Brewery has been noted in the Team Records.

You decide maybe you’ll come back for something later. For now you check around the yard itself, and in the morning sun, you notice a slight glint of light shining in the dusty brown weed-like grass. You take a closer look at where the shine is coming from, and when you approach it, it seems to be the other half of the Talisman you got from Duante.

You pick it up and intend to see if it can be reunited with the other half.

[1st Half of the Talisman of the Stars] has been added to the Team Inventory.

After finding that, you decide to investigate Dret’s home. It’s a very somber situation inside. While Dret has been able to keep things in order and relatively clean for now, you can definitely see he hasn’t even come close to letting go of Mika. There are still pictures of her with the rest of the family, a place for her at the kitchen table, even her bed, personal belongings, and even pictures of her traveling adventures and her journal are all still there, ready and waiting as if she could be coming home any minute now…

You don’t find anything unusual or sense anything that feels like a Stalker’s taint while searching through Dret’s home, but nonetheless, while the Stalkers didn’t strike you in body, mind, or soul today… you couldn’t help but feel a sense of sorrow in your heart as you walked out of that house…

When you get back to the steel mill, you find the other half of the Talisman of the Stars, and even without adhesive or repair tools, the two halves reunite and once again, the Talisman is made whole once more.

The two halves of the Talisman have become [The Talisman of the Stars].

With that done, you decide to think over how you want to prepare for tonight.

Lita the Pikachu (S: Electric)
    Health: 16/16 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 24/24
    Battle Stance: Tactical
    Perk: Security | Abilities: Clairvoyance
    EQUIPMENT:
    Attack Weapon: [|AW| Steel Bow] (Adds 1d4 damage to successful attack rolls)
    Defense Armor: [|DA| Bronze Guard] (Reduces incoming Health damage by 1 point each time Health damage is taken)
    Jewelry: [|JY| Prismatic Amulet] (Bypass all Pokémon type-related barriers and obstacles upon encountering them)
    Utopian Aspect: <Empty>
    MERCENARIES:
    #1: <Empty>
    #2: <Empty>
    PACK:
    • $495 Sochas$
    • [Starf Berry] (Restores all Purity)
    • [Spelon Berry] (Restores all Sanity)
    • [|AW| Combat Longbow] (Adds 1d6 damage to successful attack rolls)
    • [|AW| Razor Composite Bow] (Adds 2 damage to successful attack rolls)

11. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Nico was ready to riiiiiiiide~!
    Nico Fury Road Caffeinated Combat Joyride of Madness and Mayhem

So I’ll be breaking this lovely and adorable heavy metal music joyride down into several posts, and here’s how that’s going to go:

POST 1 – NICO’S SHOPPING JAMBOREE ADVENTURE BECAUSE YOUR CASH DON’T MEAN A THING IF YOU DON’T SPEND IT YAY CAPITALISM
    POST 2 – WHAT LIES UNDER WEST EXACTA RIVER BRIDGE OH YES LET’S FIND OUT WE’RE READY FOR ANYTHING BABY
    POST 3 – NOTHING SCARES NICO OFF TO THE OMEN CRATER RIGHT NOW DANGER AHOY DON’T CARE IF THAT’S FINAL BOSS MUSIC WITH LATIN CHORUS I HEAR
    POST 4 – COFFEE TIME AND LET’S CHECK OUT MORE OF THE CRATER BECAUSE YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE OR DO YOU NO NICO LIVES FOREVERRRRR
    POST 5 – CAFFEINE EMPOWERS NICO AGAIN AND NOW LET’S CHECK OUT THE OTHER BRIDGE BECAUSE REASONS AND NICO COMBAT ALCREMIE WANTS TO SHOOT SOMETHING AND DOUBLE-TAP LIKE IT’S ZOMBIELAND

The following will also occur during this battle bonanza:

• Recommended listening for combat sequences (yes, I can already say in advance there WILL be combat) will have music selections from the Mad Max: Fury Road soundtrack, a masterpiece in cinematography that the whole family can enjoy.
    • If Nico dies at any point, sadly, that ends the Bonanza. Aglome Oen is already taking a very fond curiosity to this. We have bets, I think you’ll live, so please live, I get to poke him in the belly with a fireplace poker while he dresses as a Torchic going “bok bok bok” if I win. But if you die and he wins… ehhhhh, just… please live, okay?
    • For the folks playing along at home, feel free to cheer Nico on like this is Ninja Warrior: Stalkers Edition.

(I TOLD YOU I WOULD)

Because Nico doesn’t ask if violence is the answer. Nico asks how much.

13. This post has been liked by: