Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAAH sorry I'm late! I'll search (12) Daybreak School. O:
    (No worries!)

With the sun dipping downward, you head out of the steel mill and immediately take flight, speeding your way south as your wings rapidly flicker and carry you through the air as if you’re floating. Thankfully, it’s a quick journey and it almost feels that it’s time to descend even though you just started your flight.

From above, the school seems calm, though there are several lights still on. Meanwhile, the building condition seems to be in good shape. A few paper bags are really the only debris you find around the exterior of the building while it seems the recent earthquakes haven’t done too much damage to the structural integrity. A few hairline cracks in the concrete steps are really the most amount of damage you find. Everything else just looks like normal building wear over time.

You search around the exterior first, quickly darting around swiftly through the air to get a full perspective of the perimeter. While a dusty wind blows around you, you observe that quite a few lights are still on, as you’ve realized children that are being educated here are also being boarded here. Despite the fact the building was never intended to be a boarding school, the citizens here have adapted the building well for it, and it’s safely nestled in the middle of the refuge area. Though you have the feeling that while the building is well-protected against ghouls and chimeras, the Stalkers may be a different story…

Around the back of the building away from the streets, you find what looks like a lost and discarded pocketed brown shawl. You check to see if anything was left in the pockets, and it seems like there’s plenty inside. You use one of your hands to reach into the pockets, and you find a decent handful of coins and a green, leaf-shaped Starf Berry as well.

$65 Sochas$ has been added to Carly’s Pack.

[Starf Berry] (Restores all Purity) has been added to Carly’s Pack.

Just as the sun sinks below the horizon and shadows are cast all around the area, you decide to search within the building’s interior to see if there’s anything else to be discovered.

Inside, the building hallways and classrooms are kept in good condition. While the school was originally intended to be for high school aged adolescents, it’s now being used for children of all ages, and what used to be the gymnasium is now being used as a boarding area. It’s disheartening to see so many children have lost parents and have no where to go but here, but at least they’re safe for the most part and they managed to survive. You imagine there were many that didn’t considering what you saw of the Southern Reach…

Some of the classrooms have been readapted to suit younger children with finger paintings, educational materials to learn the alphabet, numbers, the days of the week, and colors while classrooms for older kids focus on instructional diagrams, reference materials, and chalkboards. You tend to notice as the intended grade and age go up, the amount of color and creativity in the educational materials decreases…

One classroom you come across seems to be intended to teach basic engineering, modeling, and architectural integrity concepts. From what you can see, it seems like the teachers are prioritizing education that will support rebuilding efforts in the years to come. Another classroom is used to teach students regarding electronics, utilities, and urban infrastructure. While it seems students at this level are allowed to go into any career field they choose, they’re definitely trying to gear them in a direction that stands to support the city’s future.

You find only one classroom is used for teaching art and creative works like music and literature, and it’s shared among all age and class levels. There are paintings, drawings, and sheet music featured on the walls while books and manuals on the subject matter fill the wooden bookshelves along the right side wall. Despite all the resources being here, it seems this one room doesn’t get too much attention given by what you find on the schedule by the wooden classroom door. Most grade levels only meet here once every two weeks and it’s only for an hour.

You search around the room and while most of the creative works like models, sculptures, and paintings seem like typical classroom creations, one stone carving of a hand suddenly raises a red flag for you. You find it among many other carvings, but something seems wrong with this one. While to the naked eye it just appears to be a stone carving of a Mr Mime’s left hand, as soon as you draw closer to it, you feel a Stalker presence surrounding it. It is definitely deceptive, as you have a feeling it’s been here for a while and none of the Pokémon that have been in this classroom have suspected a thing about it. You believe it’s likely that they thought some student created it during a typical class and now it’s on display for others to see like the rest of the creative works here.

You decide to take it with you, having a feeling this doesn’t belong here and it’s likely intended for some other not-so-nice purpose.

[Left Hand of the Forgotten One] has been added to the Team Inventory.

You then search the living quarters, seeing that most of the children living here have gone to bed and have settled in for the night. Most of them are sleeping on cushions, bedrolls, cots, or whatever else could be obtained to provide adequate bedding for all kinds of different Pokémon species.

Vemmi the Banette seems to be the only teacher that sleeps here as well, while the other teachers that are instructing here reside elsewhere. From what you can see in the shadows, Vemmi isn’t able to sleep very well, and even when she does, she talks a lot in her sleep, looking like she’s going through a lot of stress lately. Meanwhile, the rest of her room is very disorderly with personal belongings all over the place and papers, tools, and books scattered haphazardly. You decide to leave her alone.

After searching the last of the classrooms, you decide to head back to base. As you fly back into the night sky, there’s no trace of the sun anymore, but that dusty wind still seems to be persistent…

Carly the Yanmega (L: Bug/Flying)
    Health: 24/24 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 16/16
    Battle Stance: Flee
    Perk: Repair | Abilities:
    EQUIPMENT:
    Attack Weapon: <Empty>
    Defense Armor: <Empty>
    Jewelry: <Empty>
    Utopian Aspect: <Empty>
    MERCENARIES:
    #1: <Empty>
    #2: <Empty>
    PACK:
    • $65 Sochas$
    • Starf Berry (Restores all Purity)

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    "Argh, this appears to be unsolvable. Huh, wait where did everyone go?" Looking away from his scribbled Sudoku wall, Lycellus foud himself nearly alone. With dawning horror, he realised that much more time had passed than he had thought. "I was supposed to be out helping everyone search tonight, but it's almost sunrise! Oh this is not good!"

Quickly running though the list of places he knew needed exploring, he remembered Axken had mentioned an armour supplier! That sounded good, the sooner the team got armour, the better their survival chances. That would be a suitable place to check, and might buy him time to make up for his egregious error in time management.

[Investigate (9) Tactical Outfitters]
    With the sun already down, you decide to head south and investigate the small commercial row of stores on the opposite side of the Aurorawatch military compound. It ends up being a very quick journey and you don’t even ascend all the way up into the sky. Before you know it, it’s time to descend back down again as you’ve already arrived.

It soon becomes apparent the store is simply too small for your immense size, meaning you’ll have to check on the exterior only for now, but you’re able to peer in through the windows at least.

Checking the perimeter and surrounding grounds isn’t too difficult as there isn’t too much to look over. You notice that Krax must be pretty busy supplying not only Aurorawatch with protective armor, but also some of the scavengers and Knaves. Meanwhile, you imagine some civilians have been buying some just in case, as you figure it’s impossible that Aurorawatch is able to keep scrutiny on every ghoul and chimera out there. But overall, the building seems to be in good condition. It’s definitely an older brick building that has stood for many years and has seen several renovation jobs, but it’s surviving in a difficult time for the city.

You squeeze your way between the Tactical Outfitters store and The Armament Bunker, taking care not to damage anything in the process. When you get to the back of the building, you find a few empty wooden pallets, a black dumpster, and several wooden crates of various cube and rectangular-shaped sizes. You dig around to see if anything useful might have been discarded, and you find someone carelessly threw out an old, badly-stained brown cloth backpack that they didn’t realize still had money stashed in one of the side pockets. You take everything out and keep it for yourself.

$75 Sochas$ has been added to Lycellus’s Pack.

Meanwhile, it also seems someone threw away their old bronze armor plates in one of the rusty barrels as well. You take a look at it and while it has a few nicks and dents, it’s still in usable condition. You figure someone likely bought new armor here and just decided to throw away their old equipment. You decide to keep that as well.

[|DA| Bronze Guard] (Reduces incoming Health damage by 1 point each time Health damage is taken) was added to Lycellus’s Pack.

The rest just seems to be pure junk, mainly consisting of bent nails, metal scraps, ripped leather straps, old papers, and the like. You search around the rest of the building, but you don’t find any more freebies.

Using the front store windows, you peer into the building, which has been closed for the night and Krax has gone home for the evening. You’re able to peer in just enough to be able to see some of the merchandise on display and some of the price tags. Some of the more basic armors aren’t too expensive, while some of the others that need to be custom-sized for a particular Pokémon species offer outstanding protection, but are very expensive.

Tactical Outfitters
    Run by Krax the Tyranitar

STANDARD ARMOR

• $[|DA| Riot Bracers] 100 Sochas$ (Reduces incoming Health damage by 1 point each time Health damage is taken)
    • $[|DA| Armor Plates] 300 Sochas$ (Reduces incoming Health damage by 2 points each time Health damage is taken)
    • $[|DA| Military-Grade Armor Plating] 600 Sochas$ (Reduces incoming Health damage by 3 points each time Health damage is taken)

CUSTOMIZED ARMOR

• $[|DA| <SPECIES>-Customized Tactical Combat Armor] 1500 Sochas$ (Reduces incoming Health damage by 5 points each time Health damage is taken)
    • $[|DA| <SPECIES>-Customized Commander Power Armor] 3000 Sochas$ (Reduces incoming Health damage by 7 points each time Health damage is taken)

Tactical Outfitters has been noted in the Exacta City Marketplaces.

You’re not able to check the interior of the building due to your size, but you don’t suspect anything out of the ordinary on the inside.

You decide to fly back to the Emissary base, letting the others know what you’ve managed to find here. On your way home, you feel the dusty wind carry on around you, but thankfully it’s at least quiet and gentle tonight.

Lycellus the Eternatus (L: Dragon/Poison)
    Health: 24/24 | Sanity: 20/20 | Purity: 16/16
    Battle Stance: Tactical
    Perk: Security | Abilities:
    EQUIPMENT:
    Attack Weapon: <Empty>
    Defense Armor: <Empty>
    Jewelry: <Empty>
    Utopian Aspect: <Empty>
    MERCENARIES:
    #1: <Empty>
    #2: <Empty>
    PACK:
    • $75 Sochas$
    • [|DA| Bronze Guard] (Reduces incoming Health damage by 1 point each time Health damage is taken)

Senior Administrator

#41 Frendsi the Cursola has been murdered by the Stalkers.

Safen hated this detail, but when another murder was called in, she had to be there on the scene to figure out what happened and get the details from the investigation team. At the same time, the Sunberry Hotel was supposed to be one of the safest places in Exacta City, save for the military compound. Despite the military’s best efforts, they had failed. The refuge area was supposed to be safe for all survivors, but somehow, the Stalkers were still getting in and killing innocent Pokémon in secret.

This time, it had been Frendsi, found dead outside the Sunberry Hotel. While a few Aurorawatch soldiers were assessing the scene, Ancho the Claydol was analyzing the surrounding area in the back of the building, finding that Frendsi had been wandering around aimlessly along the dusty grounds and stone paths, as if lost in a place that should have been very familiar considering she lived here. Meanwhile, Frendsi’s ghostly white coral body was lying on its side with her eyes still open, but with a bewildered and hopeless look in them.

What was unusual was her walking paths were always in the form of straight lines with 45-degree turns, as if she was navigating down corridors that simply didn’t exist. Her paths didn’t go sporadic until the very end before she fell over and died.

“I take it this was from natural causes,” Safen the Politoed said cynically to Ancho as she looked at Frendsi’s body.

“No,” Ancho simply stated. “Precise cause of death was stroke brought on from fatal levels of stress that started mild before gradually escalating. The movement pattern suggests she was in a very deep trance.”

“Dumb sleepwalking from the sounds of it,” Safen grumbled, still believing it was from natural causes.

“No,” Melka the Medicham replied, politely correcting her as she focused her psychic powers on the deceased Cursola’s forehead. “Frendsi’s mental state was tampered with and she gradually became braindead before passing away. Her last memories appear to be in fragments, but what I’m piecing together is she was imagining herself trying to navigate through a maze of briar thorns and leeching vines. Eventually she gave up, ran into the wall, and just allowed them to devour her. These memory fragments correlate with her walking pattern in this dusty field.”

It was still hard for Safen to believe, as she felt this could have easily been just a freakish nightmare, much like a natural heart attack or a brain aneurism.

“There’s a rumor there’s a Stalker that’s known for this kind of modus operandi,” Melka stated, looking grim about the outcome. “I believe they call themselves ‘Labyrinth.’”

“Just a rumor,” Safen stated. “To me, this isn’t evidence of that and there isn’t anything here that says this was even a murder in the first place. Our vic here could have had a history of hallucinations or mental dementia and it finally caught up with her. No one knew her that well, did they? I sure didn’t.”

“She worked at the Prairie Bank,” Melka informed him. “Her boss Uraff might know something about that. Any medications she was taking or prior medical history.”

Safen nodded, but only for show. In truth, she had no intentions of asking Uraff anything. She wasn’t even convinced this was a murder to begin with, just a freak accident and likely a medical condition.

What she wanted was hard evidence, and until she had that, she wasn’t going to let this incident cause rumors about Stalkers and other hysteria. Until there was something that could prove it beyond all reasonable doubt, she was going to keep her doubts…

Doom Tracker:
    1/40

Senior Administrator

Morning has arrived in Exacta City
    Submit your Day 2: Day Cycle Actions now!

Time Remaining:

CLICK HERE

(November 4, 2020, 4:00:00 pm EST)

@EmeraldSky @Noblejanobii @Scytherwolf @SlickSlack @Lychee @Ho-Oh @Suicune’s Fire @Shruikan @Chibi Altaria @Bulbasaur @James-Typhlosion

Senior Moderator

@Neo Emolga

Today I plan to search the Railway Station, unless I'm needed elsewhere.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

6. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

"Alright... I didn't realize Salio lived so far away from our base, but here I go, out on a home visit."

Nico is going to interview (59) Salio the Murkrow, and use diplomacy to find out where he likes to go, who he hangs out with, maybe if hes seen any particularly horrible or particularly calming things lately.... and if hes sleeping with some item (can I have it?). If hes not going to give it up, at least Nico will try to get his home address to search later.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

So where to next now that you slept the whole night?

Ahaha... whoops!

I was thinking I'd interview 4. Crez the Whimsicott. I'm a grass type so I think that'll help in the good will department.

Oh and since I'm a fairy type that should help even more right?

Oh right I have to stay behind. Okay well have fun.

I'll stab anyone that gets too close to the base!!! Ehehehe!!

(At this rate they'll think you're a Stalker)
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    8D728051-B43C-4877-BFA9-CA83F4641D01.jpeg I feel bad for that Cursola, sure, but I know exactly what I’m gonna do! I’ll search (5) Electrical Substation, as I’m part Ground type! No loose electricity can harm this Palpitoad!

10. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Senior Moderator

I want to search that graveyard, but I am going to do it this Night Cycle instead. So, I will opt for the park. Also, I have quite a few hunches that i don't want to disclose atm, mostly because they are dangerous. I am preeeetty sure on 1 location, because of description of a few things...but, we shall see.

Search (46) Ashen Park

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    At the reccomendation of their fellows, Lycellus found themselves picking towards Greenlawn Manor. The previous owner had died in a simmilar way to the recent death, perhaps they were one of the stalkers first victims? Either way, the manor was in a more dangerous local, and being the only one with any form of armour, Lycellus felt that they were the most likely to survive if things go badly.

Equip [|DA| Bronze Guard]

[Search (47) The Greenlawn Manor]
    Last edited by Shruikan; 11-04-2020 at 07:52 AM.

13. This post has been liked by:

Lychee