Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Yeah, I don't imagine I'd ever be able to afford that. XD But I'm sure it would be amazing.
    Yeah I remember it being around $4,000 or so we spent on a place to stay and flights (round trip) alone my dad and I spent. That's not including food, things we bought, and tips and such. It's pretty pricey, but oh so worth it.

Buuuuuuuut as a Pokemon fan. I'd say if you want to visit Japan too. Take Japan first over the NY trip. Though no telling how much longer the NY event will be. I'm sure it'll be for many years to come since Pokemon is the #1 franchise right now in the world (which is still surprising beating the Disney empire).

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah I remember it being around $4,000 or so we spent on a place to stay and flights (round trip) alone my dad and I spent. That's not including food, things we bought, and tips and such. It's pretty pricey, but oh so worth it.

Buuuuuuuut as a Pokemon fan. I'd say if you want to visit Japan too. Take Japan first over the NY trip. Though no telling how much longer the NY event will be. I'm sure it'll be for many years to come since Pokemon is the #1 franchise right now in the world (which is still surprising beating the Disney empire).
    *Cries* I was wondering how much it would cost to rent out a place just for a day to watch the parade from. It was such a genius idea in my head too....

But damn. Yeah. If I was going to spend $4000 then I would rather go back to Japan again. At least I could hit up some Pokemon Centers while there.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar

Yeah, I thought it would be super expensive. I've always wanted to go to Japan but I know that costs a ton too. I can dream though. xD

Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

From somebody who has been there and travel alone in a foreign country, I can tell you it will be cheaper. haha

By Neo Emolga

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MC Elesa View Post
    *Cries* I was wondering how much it would cost to rent out a place just for a day to watch the parade from. It was such a genius idea in my head too....

But damn. Yeah. If I was going to spend $4000 then I would rather go back to Japan again. At least I could hit up some Pokemon Centers while there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Yeah, I thought it would be super expensive. I've always wanted to go to Japan but I know that costs a ton too. I can dream though. xD
    That was for the 3 days too. So yeah I feel a trip to Japan is much cheaper. Though I'd be lucky to get away from the Pokémon Center without spending over $500 I hear xD. Or without spending $100 at the Pokémon Cafe.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 11-26-2020 at 11:58 AM.

The time is upon us...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Everything in New York is expensive. I usually take the train to go there and that alone knocks out $20.

And yeah, visiting Japan is one of my bucket list items. Not sure when and how I'd arrange the time to go, but it definitely seems like a very unique and fascinating country to check out.

Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

That was for the 3 days too. So yeah I feel a trip to Japan is much cheaper. Though I'd be luck to get away from the Pokémon Cebter without spending over $500 I hear xD. Or without spending $100 at the Pokémon Cafe.
    I think I would have spent $500 when I went but decided to stop once I got a little over $100. Granted. They didn't have what I wanted but I tried. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Everything in New York is expensive. I usually take the train to go there and that alone knocks out $20.

And yeah, visiting Japan is one of my bucket list items. Not sure when and how I'd arrange the time to go, but it definitely seems like a very unique and fascinating country to check out.
    You should totally do it one day. Maybe not this year or next but one day. Save that money where you can. Well worth it.

By Neo Emolga

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MC Elesa View Post
    You should totally do it one day. Maybe not this year or next but one day. Save that money where you can. Well worth it.
    Sad because I was reeeeeeeally hoping to go for the 25th Anniversary especially.

The time is upon us...