Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pikachu Outbreak at Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade

Get ready to watch an outbreak at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade this year.
    That is because a troupe of dancing Pikachu will be joining the iconic Pikachu Balloon!
    Once again Pikachu will be taking the skies in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade along side many other icons of pop culture. Some of these icons includes Tom & Jerry, Ronald McDonald, and Snoopy.
    This year’s parade will mark Pikachu’s 20th consecutive parade appearance. This has been done with three different Pikachu balloons. The current version of the Pikachu Balloon features Pikachu wearing a scarf and holding a small snow Pikachu. Certainly giving our favorite Electric Mouse Pokemon a festive spirit! Though, Pikachu won’t be alone this year. He will be accompany by a troupe of dancing Pikachu. Together the Pikachu Balloon and this outbreak of dancing Pikachu will help bring in the holiday season.
    Besides the amazing yellow clad Pikachu Balloon handlers, this is the second time that Pikachu has been accompany by another Pokemon character. Back in 2010, Reshiram and Zekrom joined Pikachu in the Macy’s Parade as fourteen feet tall statuettes. This was in help celebrate the upcoming release of Pokemon Black & White.
    The troupe of dancing Pikachu bares resemblance to the Pikachu Outbreakchu celebration that happens in Japan every year. This year’s celebration was cancelled due to COVID. Though, it looks as if the Pikachu dance troupe will make their first international appearance at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade this year.
    Pokemon is hinting that there is a special reason why these dancing Pikachu are making a special appearance at the parade. They are encouraging you to tune in to the parade to find out why. The parade will be shown on NBC and Telemundo on November 26th from 9AM–12PM in all time zones.
    About Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade

The Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade has been running since 1924 in New York City. It is the second-oldest Thanksgiving Parade and is shown every year on NBC. The purpose of the parade is to celebrate the start of the Christmas Season with family, floats and performances. Finally, the parade ends with Santa Claus to help ring in the holiday season.
    This year’s parade won’t be the typical march through Manhattan or have any parade spectators. Instead it was filmed over several days in order to keep social distancing and others safe from catching COVID.
    Source: Pokemon
    The post Pikachu Outbreak at Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.

2. This post has been liked by:

Awesome! I've enjoyed watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade for many years. I'm happy to know that there was a creative workaround for this year and that it will still be airing! Gotta keep that holiday spirit up! =)

- Keep trying - Keep smiling - Keep climbing -

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Okay, I need to know what this special reason for the dancing Pikachus is now. XD

I'm glad they're still doing something this year, even if it's not the same traditional format. I'll admit I was full-on expecting them to cancel the whole thing entirely, but it's cool that they're still doing their best to make sure there's at least something going on while keeping people safe.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I LOVE the pokemon balloons/floats. I have such mixed feelings about this because I've always wanted to see them in person, but knowing that if I went in real life I would hate it (I hate crowds XD). But...giant pokemon balloons! I'd love to be in one of the buildings seeing these go by.

6. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Okay, I need to know what this special reason for the dancing Pikachus is now. XD

I'm glad they're still doing something this year, even if it's not the same traditional format. I'll admit I was full-on expecting them to cancel the whole thing entirely, but it's cool that they're still doing their best to make sure there's at least something going on while keeping people safe.
    *cough* they're preparing for the world takeover with the 25th Anniversary

I am glad to see they're still showing off Pikachu in the parade. Even adding some more to it! I just hope it's early in the parade. Don't wanna hold off too long to go to the family xD.

I would love, love, love to see this in person again someday.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    *cough* they're preparing for the world takeover with the 25th Anniversary

I am glad to see they're still showing off Pikachu in the parade. Even adding some more to it! I just hope it's early in the parade. Don't wanna hold off too long to go to the family xD.

I would love, love, love to see this in person again someday.
    ...Duh, it all makes sense now! XD

And yeah, I hope I can see it in person again sometime when all this COVID stuff passes over. It's a much different experience and while it's tough to wake up early and get on a train to get a good spot, it's worth it and quite a bit of fun.

Administrator

I was lucky to go when I did. It was the year before my first lung collapse. I was late to getting things setup, but I feel I got lucky. The hotel was right next door. I just had to get to the fence early and it was great. Can't wait for the day I can go back.

The time is upon us...

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

I always look forward to writing this article and seeing the parade. It does suck that it isn't live but I am sure it will be fun.

Though, it is really amazing that Pokemon will have some sort of performance there. I am curious to see what they will pull off. Especially because this time it won't be a one minute fly by as Al Roker mispronounces Pokemon. Now we get five minutes of dancing Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I LOVE the pokemon balloons/floats. I have such mixed feelings about this because I've always wanted to see them in person, but knowing that if I went in real life I would hate it (I hate crowds XD). But...giant pokemon balloons! I'd love to be in one of the buildings seeing these go by.
    Oh man! It makes all the sense now! Yeah. That is true. I guess Pokemon is getting us a little 25th anniversary preview of things to come. Nice.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

Administrator

From experience being there one year. You gotta plan nearly a YEAR in advance to be in one of those buildings. Paid and all. If not, get where you wanna be hours in advance. Even when I was nearly 2 hours early. The crowd there will push their way up front.

I for one cannot wait you see what the 25th Anniversary has in store. This will only be the Kickstarter with everyone's favorite dancing Pikachu squad. Having it's first American appearance is great!

The time is upon us...

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    From experience being there one year. You gotta plan nearly a YEAR in advance to be in one of those buildings. Paid and all. If not, get where you wanna be hours in advance. Even when I was nearly 2 hours early. The crowd there will push their way up front.

I for one cannot wait you see what the 25th Anniversary has in store. This will only be the Kickstarter with everyone's favorite dancing Pikachu squad. Having it's first American appearance is great!
    Yeah, I don't imagine I'd ever be able to afford that. XD But I'm sure it would be amazing.