Thread: Ace Attorney

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Ace Attorney

So I've been working my way through the Ace Attorney series recently, currently watching a playthrough of Duel Destinies, and it got me curious. Anyone else here a fan of this series?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Yup! Been a fan since I played the trilogy right before Dual Destinies came out. I always loved series like this. Probably why I loved the Case Closed / Detective Conan series too.

Wasn't too big on the latest game with Phoenix, but oh well. Hopefully we see the next addition to the series soon.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I tried the first one and oof, I found it to be pretty hard. It’s a very interesting concept for a game and unlike anything else out there, or at least from what I’ve played. Still, I even bombed the tutorial, so I had a feeling maaaybe this isn’t my forte. But yeah, I found myself going full on trial and error at times and it took me forever to get to progress to figure out what exactly the game wanted me to pick and do. Eventually I was like "yeah, I'm going to need to do a full walkthrough on this puppy to get anywhere."

It had some really nice visuals and humor, though. I can see where it’s popular and I loved the memes surrounding this game. XD

Administrator

Oof, the first one was a bit challenging, but if you look at the latest one. I sat there thinking...."how in the world are you supposed to know that at this specific moment?" Didn't make sense half the time. Just because of the concept used. It was very, very specific.

....but I love the feeling of "ah-HA! Got you!"

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

There are definitely times where I've been completely lost in cases, which is why I watch Let's Plays rather than play the games myself. XD

I will say my favorite game in the series is Miles Edgeworth Investigations 2 and it is a crime that it never got released outside of Japan because it is so so so much better than the first one and easily the best story out of the series thus far.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Yeah I had honestly wondered about those. Hoping they would get released here. No such luck though.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah I had honestly wondered about those. Hoping they would get released here. No such luck though.
    There was a fan translation patch released. I can recommend you a playthrough if you'd want to watch one!
    / / / / / / / /

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    I got the trillogy back when it first came out, but I've only finished the first two games so far, twice putting it down midway through the second case of T&T, then forgetting what's already happened and having to start the case over again. >_<

Out of the two, I'd say I preferred the first game purely because of Edgeworth, so I'm going to have to see if I can get ahold of the Investigations games sometime.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    I got the trillogy back when it first came out, but I've only finished the first two games so far, twice putting it down midway through the second case of T&T, then forgetting what's already happened and having to start the case over again. >_<

Out of the two, I'd say I preferred the first game purely because of Edgeworth, so I'm going to have to see if I can get ahold of the Investigations games sometime.
    The second Investigations game is my favorite in the AA franchise. Mechanically it could still use some work but it has one of the best stories out of any of the other games imo.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Funny thing is I started on the second game. Bought the first shortly after and then the third. My favorite is the third just because of the final case. Was totally worth that moment in the end.

The time is upon us...