Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Toreba Crane Game!

So for those that don’t know, Toreba is this fun and fascinating smartphone game where you can play a crane game in Japan and win real prizes, and that includes plenty of Pokémon-related stuff like plushies, figures, tote bags, umbrellas, and plenty more (though they’ve got heaps of other stuff, too)! Shipping is free (though expect a bit of a delay with how things are right now and you can only have one free shipment per week) and it’s totally legit! I’ve won two plushies myself, a big 30cm Dedenne and a 24cm Growlithe. They’re great and just like the stuff you’d get from the Pokémon Center store. Sure, you could keep dropping money into TP, but it’s pricey and these games can be very, very tricky sometimes. Just a forewarning, but they’re still really fun even if all you do is just use the daily tickets.

If you install the app, you get five free tries and if you put in $10, you get two free play tickets every day and then FOUR of them on the 1st, 10th, and 20th of every month (in Japan’s time, so you may get these the day before depending on your time zone). Winning one prize pretty much makes up for that upfront cost, but you could still keep winning after that and we’ve got several people here that have won amazing heaps of stuff (I’m kind of jealous XD)!

Another great thing is if you win, they send you a replay video of it and you can share it with others! So give it a try and if you win something, show us your videos! We’d love to see it and this makes a great place to share wins, chat about strategies, and other stuff like that.

Administrator

Just another note. Prizes you win can only be sent FREE once a week. So if you win something, claim your prize to be shipped. You cannot win immediately and have something shipped the day after. If you win again during that week. You either have to pay to have it shipped or wait. They only hold prizes you win for 2 weeks.

Ever since finding this game I've loved it! Free stuff from Japan has been so fun!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Just another note. Prizes you win can only be sent FREE once a week. So if you win something, claim your prize to be shipped. You cannot win immediately and have something shipped the day after. If you win again during that week. You either have to pay to have it shipped or wait. They only hold prizes you win for 2 weeks.

Ever since finding this game I've loved it! Free stuff from Japan has been so fun!
    Ah yeah, I forgot that part! Although I haven't even come close to winning two prizes in a week, so it was easy for me to forget that. XD

I tried for another one of those 40cm Eevees yesterday and I feel it got pretty close, but eh, I think all I did was make it easier for someone else behind me. XD I hope they appreciated it!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Ah yeah, I forgot that part! Although I haven't even come close to winning two prizes in a week, so it was easy for me to forget that. XD

I tried for another one of those 40cm Eevees yesterday and I feel it got pretty close, but eh, I think all I did was make it easier for someone else behind me. XD I hope they appreciated it!
    Yeah that's how I look at it. If I don't win, it makes it easier for someone else. Just sucks if they get it on the first try. ^^;

I'm still going for the giant Christmas Chu (the white scarf one). I've got all the others. Every now and then I'll go for another Eeveen or something. Hopefully you have success with it soon dude!

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah that's how I look at it. If I don't win, it makes it easier for someone else. Just sucks if they get it on the first try. ^^;

I'm still going for the giant Christmas Chu (the white scarf one). I've got all the others. Every now and then I'll go for another Eeveen or something. Hopefully you have success with it soon dude!
    Oof, yeah, I kept watching to see if perhaps that was going to happen, but they took a different approach with much less success.

And hopefully you get that Christmas Chu! I've been trying for both the new and the older one, but no dice... yet. Maybe soon, would be nice to add it to all the other Christmas decorations we have. My brother and his wife have all this Mickey and Minnie Christmas stuff but I'd rather hang with Pikachu for the holidays. :3

Administrator

Maybe one of these days I'll win a bunch at once. The machine will break and all 3-4 will just fall in xD. Knowing my luck with technology. XD

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Only once did I see someone win two things at once. There were these little plush birds at the edge and they grabbed both of them and they fell in together. And yet all the times I tried the exact same thing, pffft, nope.

But I've also seen the machine break once. The claw went down and didn't go back up, so the person used their next attempt to just have the claw push the plushie right over the edge, super easily! I guess they'd have to count that win, wasn't the player's fault that happened but they certainly found a great way to use it! XD

Administrator

Yeah it happened to me too (the claw broke and never went back up. It stayed down). Didn't help cause it had to fall through the hole in between the bars. I tried to hold it and have it just push it dow, but that only tightened it where it was cause the angle wasn't right.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Ugh, burned through a whopping 5 tickets and still didn't come close to winning that Flareon. Still, my excuse reason for going after that one is it was getting late and everything else out there didn't have a good setup.

Right now my list of targets is like this:

• That 40cm Eevee - Tried to go for this many times, and I've come close on several occasions. Still, they've been having less and less of them lately and I feel like I'm running out of time to get one. They're heavy so it's not going to be easy to pull off winning one.
    • Ampharos - It's a great Pokemon but I've never seen any of these with an easy setup. I know the "pull it out of the box" setup is very common for this one but I almost never see anyone winning those and I've tried a number of times myself.
    • Rolling Round Minccino - I mean, I have a Minccino plush already (and even that ultra-rare Cinccino plush) but hey, these dudes look adorable. If one looks like it's in a good spot, I take a swing.
    • Pachirisu - I have a bad feeling I missed my opportunity for one of these, as I don't see them very much anymore. I don't have a single Pachirisu plush so it would be nice to have one as Emolga's cousin.
    • Christmas Pikachu - I mean come on, it's Christmas Pikachu. Who wouldn't want one of these?
    • Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon - Ugh, don't get me started on Jolteon. That one should have been MINE! Watch, watch the mess below, it doesn't even make sense. XD

But yeah, I tend to go for the big stuff, mainly because it actually seems easier to win than the small fry plushies where you can miss completely just because of a millisecond of lag delay.

This, right here, was the most frustrating fail I've had so far:

10. This post has been liked by:

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Woah, that spinning jolteon box is super weird. XD I don't think I've ever had that happen.

I've won a ton of things. I'm wondering what a good place would be to upload the videos (don't want to have a ton on my youtube...unless maybe I compile them or something xD). Latest thing I won was an orangeish/tan wolf plushie about about a week ago.

Aside from pokemon, I love going for cool/interesting plushies, like animals you don't normally see as plushies (mammoths, squids, pill bugs, etc.) or shiba inus.

Edit: ALSO! I just recently started playing TokyoCatch (which is pretty good, has a lot less prizes than Toreba though) and last night I won a shiba with a free play, which is the 5th prize I've won from that game.