Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's Your Challenge Run Going?

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

How's Your Challenge Run Going?

This is just a general place for you to drop the most recent status of any nuzlocke or other challenge run you're currently doing if you don't want to make an entire thread about it. Give us updates! We'd love to see what you're up to!
    / / / / / / / /
    Icon by Penpeaches
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Currently trying to finish my Fire Mono Type Run of FireRed. For a game that has Fire in its name you'd think it'd have lots of Fire types in it, but it actually has less fire types than LeafGreen does! How backwards is that?

Anyway here's my team:
    Spoiler:

We have six badges at the moment, only Sabrina and Giovanni's are left (went ahead and did Blaine so I could visit the Sevii Islands and get Ponyta and Moltres). Just gotta get Hathai up to level par and we'll be good to go. Also hoping I can get a decent chunk of money by the end of this so I can get some good TMs and held items since a lot of them are locked behind the Game Corner's awful paywall.
    / / / / / / / /
    Icon by Penpeaches

3. This post has been liked by:

@Noblejanobii Thank you for sharing the story and picture of your Monotype Run! I like your current team. :)
    Indeed, Fire Red has fewer Fire types than Leaf Green because Magmar is exclusive to Leaf Green (and its Fire Red counterpart isn't a Fire type).
    Good luck with your adventure! :D

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Special thanks to The Foogle for this beautiful pixel Necrozma Dusk Mane! :D
    Part of the Ultra Duo Set with Radiant Moon The Foogle! :D

Senior Moderator

Currently doing a Randomized MasterLocke of Soul Silver. So far it is going good, although I lucked out and got a Scizor as my starter. And got a friggin Vaporeon as my second.

So far i have two badges, and my Scizor is like, friggin overleveled because it is carrying. And I cant leave a route until i murder every trainer..i mean beat them and take their lunch money.

I also have forbidden the use of healing items, and can only use pokecenters sparingly.

EDIT: Here is the team atm. Forgot to nickname the scizor, so that is priority number 1

Spoiler:
    Last edited by AD; 11-25-2020 at 09:15 PM.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

6. This post has been liked by:

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ho-Oh View Post
    Currently doing a Randomized MasterLocke of Soul Silver. So far it is going good, although I lucked out and got a Scizor as my starter. And got a friggin Vaporeon as my second.

So far i have two badges, and my Scizor is like, friggin overleveled because it is carrying. And I cant leave a route until i murder every trainer..i mean beat them and take their lunch money.

I also have forbidden the use of healing items, and can only use pokecenters sparingly.

EDIT: Here is the team atm. Forgot to nickname the scizor, so that is priority number 1

Spoiler:
    Oooh nice. Any special rules you're playing with besides the banning of healing items and limited Pokecenter use? You've got a really solid team so far. That Vaporeon is going to be really good in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    @Noblejanobii Thank you for sharing the story and picture of your Monotype Run! I like your current team. :)
    Indeed, Fire Red has fewer Fire types than Leaf Green because Magmar is exclusive to Leaf Green (and its Fire Red counterpart isn't a Fire type).
    Yeah you'd think Magmar would be exclusive to FireRed not LeafGreen XD
    / / / / / / / /
    Icon by Penpeaches

8. This post has been liked by:

@Ho-Oh Thank you for sharing the story and picture of your Randomized MasterLocke! :) I wonder which Pokemon will hatch from the egg.
    That Chansey will be so useful once she learns Softboiled!

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Oooh nice. Any special rules you're playing with besides the banning of healing items and limited Pokecenter use?
    I can not use a pokecenter, or leave a route until I have beaten every trainer on it is about it. Can't use any items either except Pokeballs.

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ho-Oh View Post
    I can not use a pokecenter, or leave a route until I have beaten every trainer on it is about it. Can't use any items either except Pokeballs.
    Oh man tough set. I like it! Best of luck!

Also update on that Fire type challenge run, took me a couple tries but I did it!

Gary's Rhydon ended up being a complete brick wall but I eventually brute forced my way past it.
    / / / / / / / /
    Icon by Penpeaches

12. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

First step into Ilex Forest and I run into a lvl 6 Latios.

Aquafina killed it on a crit.

It was pretty hilarious.

14. This post has been liked by:

@Noblejanobii Congratulations on defeating the Pokemon League with your Fire-type team (and Parasect)! :)
    @Ho-Oh This is indeed hilarious! xD