Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which of the Pokémon Movies is your Favorite?

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Which of the Pokémon Movies is your Favorite?

Pretty self explanatory. Do you have a favorite Pokémon movie? If so, why?
    / / / / / / / /
    Icon by Penpeaches
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I haven't watched all that many of them but Pokemon Heroes is probably my favorite. Latios and Latias are awesome, although yeah, there's that certain something-something that happens that's a real bummer. Still, it's great to see them animated and in a unique setting. The other nice extra was Camp Pikachu which has plenty of comical moments in it. XD

Detective Pikachu was also a very enjoyable movie. That one's got a lot of charm and I really hope they don't stop there with the live action Pokemon movies. Plus it features Emolga multiple times and I can't hammer the WIN stamp on that enough just for that reason. XD

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I haven't watched all that many of them but Pokemon Heroes is probably my favorite. Latios and Latias are awesome, although yeah, there's that certain something-something that happens that's a real bummer. Still, it's great to see them animated and in a unique setting. The other nice extra was Camp Pikachu which has plenty of comical moments in it. XD

Detective Pikachu was also a very enjoyable movie. That one's got a lot of charm and I really hope they don't stop there with the live action Pokemon movies. Plus it features Emolga multiple times and I can't hammer the WIN stamp on that enough just for that reason. XD
    Definitely agree with Pokémon Heroes. I love Giratina and the Sky Warrior a lot, don't get me wrong, but Pokémon Heroes is just a really really good film that is probably the main reason Latios was my favorite Pokémon for a little while and remains in my top 10 to this day.

Detective Pikachu was great! My roommate and I went to see it when it first came out and even though she didn't know anything about Pokémon, I know she enjoyed it. Though that might be partly because I kept whispering to her which Pokémon were which excitedly as they came on screen. It was great. XD
    / / / / / / / /
    Icon by Penpeaches

Writing stories about bugs Scytherwolf's Avatar
    The third pokemon movie for me. When I was little we had the first three movies on VHS, and the third is the one I have the most fond memories of. Plus they made unown fascinating and I wish that was explored more in the games or even the regular anime episodes.

And lol, Noble, I had the opposite experience seeing Detective Pikachu with my dad...because he distracted me constantly by asking "what pokemon is that?" throughout the whole movie and it made it hard to focus. XDDDD

5. This post has been liked by:

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    The third pokemon movie for me. When I was little we had the first three movies on VHS, and the third is the one I have the most fond memories of. Plus they made unown fascinating and I wish that was explored more in the games or even the regular anime episodes.

And lol, Noble, I had the opposite experience seeing Detective Pikachu with my dad...because he distracted me constantly by asking "what pokemon is that?" throughout the whole movie and it made it hard to focus. XDDDD
    Okay honestly tho the third movie is so cool too. I love the worldbuilding with the Unown and definitely agree I wish they had explored that more.

Oh nooooo that's gotta be horribly annoying. XD
    / / / / / / / /
    Icon by Penpeaches

7. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Honestly I'm not sure which is my favorite. I've seen most now. I actually went back and watched most of them.

Some of the newer ones are actually pretty good as well. I did thoroughly enjoy Detective Pikachu though. Going the first day of release was so awesome too. People dressed up in cosplay or bringing their Pokemon plush toys. I loved seeing it! Reminds me of how I like going to the Pokemon World Championships now. It totally takes over an entire city. You can't go somewhere without seeing someone that's there for the event. Pokemon literally everywhere.
    @Neo Emolga don't even get me started on those Pikachu shorts. I found a place once where I watched literally all of them xD. Even the ones that never saw a dub here. I loved it. So comical and I still don't understand why they never released them here.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is my favourite! I haven't seen a lot of the newer movies, so I don't know anything about them, but I just love the story behind this one. I'm such a sucker for sappy storylines. ;__;

Also Detective Pikachu was pretty good, to my surprise. I first watched it with my ex and I also kept whispering to him what Pokemon were what when they came on screen. xD He only knew the original 151.

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

I think Pokemon the Movie 3 will always be my favorite. It just hits so hard from music, action and story.

Some of the more recent movies such as Power of Us and I Choose You are also up there.

I Choose You is special to me because I saw it in Japan.

Power of Us is just a really good story.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

11. This post has been liked by:

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MC Elesa View Post
    I think Pokemon the Movie 3 will always be my favorite. It just hits so hard from music, action and story.

Some of the more recent movies such as Power of Us and I Choose You are also up there.

I Choose You is special to me because I saw it in Japan.

Power of Us is just a really good story.
    I need to watch the newest ones I've heard they're very good
    / / / / / / / /
    Icon by Penpeaches

Administrator

I think both of the newer ones are on Netflix....if you have that. That's where I watched Power of Us at least

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..